Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,868 members, 7,866,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

Cusco To Machu Picchu - Planning Your Journey - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cusco To Machu Picchu - Planning Your Journey (49 Views)

Tips For Taking The Train From Cusco To Machu Picchu / Tips For Planning Your Next Vacation / Evans Boma Article On Planning Your First Direct Sales Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cusco To Machu Picchu - Planning Your Journey by Encuentros(m): 1:53pm On Apr 24
Hello fellow adventurers!

I'm absolutely thrilled to be planning a dream trip to Peru, with the crown jewel being a visit to the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu. While I'm filled with excitement, I must admit that I'm also feeling a bit overwhelmed by the various options and logistics involved in getting from Cusco to Machu Picchu.

As the starting point of my journey, I'll be spending a few days in the historic city of Cusco, soaking in its rich Incan heritage and allowing my body to acclimatize to the high altitude. However, I'm uncertain about the best way to proceed from there to Machu Picchu.

Should I embark on the iconic 4-day Inca Trail trek, renowned for its breathtaking scenery and historic significance? Or would one of the alternative treks, such as the Salkantay or Lares Trek, be a better fit for me? I've heard these offer equally stunning vistas and a chance to immerse myself in the local culture while avoiding the crowds.

Alternatively, should I opt for the more convenient option of taking a train from Cusco to Aguas Calientes, the town nestled near Machu Picchu? While this would be a more relaxed journey, I worry about missing out on the adventure and sense of accomplishment that comes with trekking.

I'm also unsure about the best time to visit Machu Picchu – should I aim for the dry season (May to September) or embrace the challenge of the wetter months? And what about permits, accommodations, and other logistics that need to be arranged in advance?

As you can see, I have a multitude of questions swirling in my mind. I would be eternally grateful for any insights, recommendations, or personal experiences that fellow travelers can share. Your wisdom will undoubtedly help me plan the perfect Cusco to Machu Picchu journey, ensuring that this once-in-a-lifetime experience is truly unforgettable.

Thank you in advance for your invaluable advice!

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Guide To Shoe Shopping / Exploring The Mystical Wonders Of The Sacred Valley And Machu Picchu / The Power Of Mindfulness: How Practicing Mindfulness Can Transform Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.