Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead (42663 Views)

Petroleum Trust Fraud - Ray Ekpu / 2019: Atiku Pick The Right Choice In Obi; Ray Ekpu / Petroleum Trust Fraud, By Ray Ekpu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by grandstar(m): 10:41pm On Apr 24
His magazine ,Newswatch seemed to lose its fieriness after the murder of Dele Giwa, a co-founder.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by IamCookie(f): 10:42pm On Apr 24
Majority hope to live longer but should always expect that death can knock on anyone's door , anytime.

It appears to me that she lived a fulfilled life. Adieu Ma

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Awakened38: 10:46pm On Apr 24
DeepSight:

Well said. Your moniker is truly apt.

So is yours.

Cheers
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Whobedatte(m): 10:49pm On Apr 24
Those days when we'll print 50,000 copies of Newswatch , Tell, success digest. Daily guide and The-News magazine every weekend .
I'll read editor's like Ray Ekpu , Dele Motunde and the rest after saddle stitching.
May her soul rest in peace 🙏

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by aikyg(m): 10:56pm On Apr 24
Ray Ekpu, Chris Anyanwu and Osa Director were some of the journalists who fought for the democracy that some people are enjoying today. RIP Mrs Ekpu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by DissTroy(m): 10:57pm On Apr 24
The cerebral Ray Ekpu. I had the honour of being on stage with him last November to toast to the health of Gov. Victor Attah during the later's birthday and book launch.
And just last Sunday, we were having a debate in our WhatsApp group about neo-feminism, misogyny, and other gender issues.

Rest on, ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by agrowell: 10:57pm On Apr 24
youngrichnigga:
RIP Ma. Her husband, Ray Ekpu is a modest man who's stayed out of bad publicity since the assassination of his alter ego Dele Giwa via letter bomb. I remember their days in News watch magazine, the departed Uyal must have been a bastion of strength for him....stay strong sir........ undecided undecided undecided undecided

With this history you are telling, then your moniker name supposed to be changed 😅😅😅
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by managemoney(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24
This is so sad 😢
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Konquest: 11:43pm On Apr 24
JKisOK:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/renowned-journalist-ray-ekpu-loses-wife/%3famp
Uyai Ekpu's 73 years within the cycle of human existence it's bad.

My condolences go to the iconic Ray Ekpu (who co-founded the investigatve Newswatch Magazine with the fearless 'Dele Giwa who got blown by a parcel bomb in his Ikeja residence in 1986) and his family over the translation of his spouse.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by ComeToJesus: 11:57pm On Apr 24
JKisOK:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/renowned-journalist-ray-ekpu-loses-wife/%3famp

Farewell virtuous woman . They don't come like this any longer. I wish you are still around to lecture the erratic so called baddies whose only preoccupation is to trade on idiocy via podcasts.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Konquest: 12:15am On Apr 25
aikyg:
Ray Ekpu, Chris Anyabwu and Osa Director were some of the journalists who fought for the democracy that some people are enjoying today. RIP Mrs Ekpu.
Indeed, Ray Ekpu, Chris Anyanwu, Osa Director... in addition Bayo Onanuga and Kunle Ajibade of The News Magazine, 'Dele Alake formerly of Concord newspapers, Bagauda Kaltho (who got blown by a bomb in Kaduna), Syivester Odion Akhaine (who was badly beaten up by military goverment goons and was jailed for over 1 year) and more truly fought for democracy using the principles of "guerilla journalism" to achieve their aims as they faced the brutal and repressive military dictatorships back in the 1980s and most especially the 1990s.

We are grateful to all of them for adding value to the democratic struggles by activists before 1999 and even post-1999 which the younger ones here don't have a deep knowledge about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Joy2dworldxyz: 12:20am On Apr 25
Bindawa88:
May her soul rest in peace.

Hello everyone!!!
LEARN (A.I ART AND ANIMATION) AND MAKE MORE MONEY ONLINE.
AI art (Artificial Intelligence art) is a form of digital art created or enhanced with AI tools.  A.I videos are human-like, they are far better than cartoons as they look and perfom like real human/Animals.
A.I art works with tools ( it doesn't require knowledge of programming, painting or drawing skills)
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT:
* Helps in Marketing ( Video ads)
* Content Creator ( like YouTube and Tiktok) etc
* Enhance Teaching Materials
* Comic Book Creator

HOW YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH IT:
* Freelance Services (it's highly demanded)
* create and sell video contents
* Promote Your brands
* Have a YouTube channel and focus on a nice niche .
* Advertise for Print on Demand video.
* Atimes sacrifice your time, create promotional videos for big brands, approach them with, I bet you, about 90% of them would compensate you.
* With A.I art skills, you are already an artist. Just think about wall arts
* Create Children books
* As the knowledge is not yet saturated, you can teach others and make money also .
The course consists of 16 detailed videos and they are not heavy. Also, children can learn this.
Price is N4500
There's certificate.

U want to choke me to death?
Somw1 can't read sa demise news again in peace without u bringing these ur "Only heaven knows' advert??

2 Likes

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Emmanuel30a2: 1:06am On Apr 25
JKisOK:

died and fried...? Let use it to makes jollof, fried and dried rice...
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by davit: 3:04am On Apr 25
Just wondering Ray Ekpu has been silent all this while. Abi na me?

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Burgerlomo: 3:11am On Apr 25
RIP

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by onuman: 3:41am On Apr 25
Racoon:
Whao! So Mr Ray Ekpu is even around in this nation. Remember him back in the days of Newswatch and TELL Magazines. RIP to your wife sir. May the good Lord give your entire family comfort.

The era of the slogan:
we tell the news, others watch the news. Ekpu is Newswatch.

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Hezmatosky: 4:57am On Apr 25
Awakened38:

By the time you live for 1,000 years you'll be begging for death, because then it will become obvious to you that your body and this planet earth is a prison.
90yrs sef angry
Even with the present situation in Nigeria, some people are even fade off

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by AfahaAbia(m): 6:12am On Apr 25
DissTroy:
The cerebral Ray Ekpu. I had the honour of being on stage with him last November to toast to the health of Gov. Victor Attah during the later's birthday and book launch.
And just last Sunday, we were having a debate in our WhatsApp group about neo-feminism, misogyny, and other gender issues.

Rest on, ma'am.

Hi please can you join me to the WhatsApp group? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by poiu44: 6:22am On Apr 25
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by drololaaof: 6:22am On Apr 25
JKisOK:

Good night rest in peace. My condolences to the family
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Skty: 6:31am On Apr 25
AriyaTV:
What a life! Each time I see Ray Ekpu, I cant stop remembering Dele Giwa.

I saw Dele Giwa's burial site by the road side along Ekperi not too far from Auchi Poly, I was shocked. A colleague pointed it to me, I was moved to tears. An icon like him buried by the roadside na wa o.

Dele Giwa was Edo? I'm just knowing today
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by highoctane: 6:39am On Apr 25
Awakened38:

By the time you live for 1,000 years you'll be begging for death, because then it will become obvious to you that your body and this planet earth is a prison.
A thousand years before the Almighty God is just like a day. He created mankind to live forever, life everlasting he had put in the heart of men.( Read the bible book of Ecclesiastic 3:11) that is the primary reason why no one wants to die.
One day no longer than necessary, his unfailing promise for you and I to live and enjoy life in perfect conditions will be fully realized though the sacrificial death of his Son Christ Jesus. That was the primary purpose why Christ Jesus came to earth. John 3:16, Matthew 20:28, Revelation 21:3-5

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by ppogba: 6:41am On Apr 25
Jonwesley:

You remember the war between them, Newswatch and Tell Magazine: Some watch the news, we tell it.

This comment of yours is the type that reveals that the fellow making the comment is not only old a bit but also someone who knew what was happening around them growing up.

Kudos Mr old school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by ppogba: 6:45am On Apr 25
aikyg:
Ray Ekpu, Chris Anyabwu and Osa Director were some of the journalists who fought for the democracy that some people are enjoying today. RIP Mrs Ekpu.

Journalists were not the only one who fought for the democracy.

As little as NANS was, they did their bit not to talk of others too numerous to mention.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Ndipe(m): 6:59am On Apr 25
"Others watch the news, we tell it," was the slogan of Tell Magazine when it debuted in 1991. Some felt it was a direct attack on Newswatch magazine including Ekpu who rebutted, "how can you tell the news without watching it?"

Jonwesley:

You remember the war between them, Newswatch and Tell Magazine: Some watch the news, we tell it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by aikyg(m): 7:02am On Apr 25
Konquest:

Indeed, Ray Ekpu, Chris Anyanwu, Osa Dieector... in addition Bayo Onanuga and Kunle Ajibade of The News Magazine...

Wow! Thanks for explaining this even better. A lot of our young people do not know how much sacrifice our journalists invested in the pro democracy struggle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by joseph1832(m): 7:09am On Apr 25
DissTroy:

Rest on, ma'am.
MA main man. Ray Ekpu is from which state?

There isn't a Wikipedia pages about him.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Bergavis: 8:19am On Apr 25
Guys
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Logins2125: 8:38am On Apr 25
Name dey o , ekpu means rat in Akwa ibom language. RIP ma'am,rest well!
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Konquest: 8:40am On Apr 25
aikyg:

Wow! Thanks for explaining this even better. A lot of our young people do not know how much sacrifice our journalists invested in the pro democracy struggle.
@aikyg, I appreciate.

Indeed, it's good to emphasize these historical facts from time to time because we live in a world of cycles and lessons can be learned by studying historical and economic cycles as we advance into the future.

Do have a great day ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Cooletempa: 8:42am On Apr 25
I heard that his friend Dele Giwa was killed by babangida.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Visit: Six Governors Depart Abuja For London On Presidential Jet (photos) / Court Stops INEC From Issuing Certificate Of Return In Akwa Ibom / Governor Ortom's Convoy Arrests Cows For Open Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.