Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead (42652 Views)

Petroleum Trust Fraud - Ray Ekpu / 2019: Atiku Pick The Right Choice In Obi; Ray Ekpu / Petroleum Trust Fraud, By Ray Ekpu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by aikyg(m): 9:10am On Apr 25
Konquest:

@aikyg, I appreciate.

Indeed, it's good to emphasize these historical facts from time...
Do have a great day ahead.

You too. 🙏

1 Like

Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by capnies: 9:36am On Apr 25
EreluRoz:
RIP she's still young. I wish we can all live forever

THE CHANCE TO LIVE FOREVER IS ALREADY IN PLACE, ALL IT TAKES IS TO ACCEPT IT AND START LIVING IT

Jesus said I am the resurrection and life, he that believeth in me even when dead shall live again.

Don't let people fool you that you're going to heaven to live, everlasting life is on earth here.

Read REVELATION 20&21
See you at the KINGDOM
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Awakened38: 10:30am On Apr 25
highoctane:

A thousand years before the Almighty God is just like a day. He created mankind to live forever, life everlasting he had put in the heart of men.( Read the bible book of Ecclesiastic 3:11) that is the primary reason why no one wants to die.
One day no longer than necessary, his unfailing promise for you and I to live and enjoy life in perfect conditions will be fully realized though the sacrificial death of his Son Christ Jesus. That was the primary purpose why Christ Jesus came to earth. John 3:16, Matthew 20:28, Revelation 21:3-5

Thanks very much for the sermon. I believed and preached this same doctrine for decades. I served as an elder for many years as well just so you know my pedigree in that religion. Finally though, I woke up and realised the truth about the so-called TRUTH.
Well, let's just say I no longer believe in the doctrine you've shared about man living forever. It's not true, but I don't expect you to agree with me, because if I were you; and ofcourse I was like you for much of my life, I would not agree with me either. But that's fine. It took what can at best be described as a miracle for me to wake up to not just your religion(my former religion), but from religion in general. It has also taking a number of years now of rigorous research, enquiry, but most importantly, self reflection to come to the point now where I don't need no religion, no holy scriptures, or any being to tell me my left from my right - or the TRUTH.

All I can tell you though is that true peace exist only within the self, ie if you're willing and bold enough to find it. It does not exist in any holy book or religion. The holy book you quoted from and upon which your believe is based is a good book, but it is not what you've been taught to believe about it. By the time you find out what it really is, then you'd appreciate that book the more.

Thank you once more for the zeal with which you responded to my post.
I wish you a life of peace, free from the guilt that your religion and its teachings constantly make you feel especially each meeting day and field service weekends: the guilt of never doing enough or meeting up, the guilt of not giving your God your best no matter how badly you wish and want to. Peace beyond your imagination awaits you the day you dear to investigate that religion and the basis upon which their ever changing teachings and doctrines(new light) emanate.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by joefelin2345: 11:52am On Apr 25
JKisOK:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/renowned-journalist-ray-ekpu-loses-wife/%3famp
May Her Soul Rest In Peace. I recalled her being one of the ManDev Course that once attended at CMD some years ago. I still admire her carriage & mode of delivery the Course content. It is well with Ray Ekpu & her loved ones IJMN.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by wink2015(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25
Ray Ekpu was the late Dele Giwa collegue in Newswatch Magazine.

May the Good Lord comfort him during this difficult moment of loosing a wife to the cold hand of death.

RIP !
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Pusyiter(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25
...........and such a man wants to be a Governor of a state?
Tell me what he has successfully managed that is still burgeoning till now?
datola:

Jimoh Ibrahim's hubby is to buy and bury finally any ailing company
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Jonwesley(m): 3:12pm On Apr 25
Ndipe:
"Others watch the news, we tell it," was the slogan of Tell Magazine when it debuted in I think 1991. Some felt it was an indirect attack on Newswatch magazine including Ekpu who rebutted, "how can you tell the news without watching it?"

The Nigerian magazine "Tell" was established by five journalists who had previously worked for "Newswatch,"

Tell Magazine was formed to challenge the popularity of Newswatch and those five insiders knew the game, and gave Newswatch a run for their market share
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by DissTroy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 25
joseph1832:
MA main man. Ray Ekpu is from which state?

He's from Akwa Ibom. Along with Nsikak Essién who also worked at Newswatch with Dele Giwa.

There isn't a Wikipedia pages about him.
What we are building would solve this. So many greats do not have it.

------

AfahaAbia:

Hi please can you join me to the WhatsApp group? Thanks

No, I can't. At the risk of coming off as a snub, it has the high and mighty in it and we discuss sensitive issues. Think Senators, Professors, top media men, old time Nigerian entertainers like Régîna Askia, accomplished SANs, judges... Not everyone gets admitted, but we'd be having a physical event this month.

If you are a literati, there's a possibility though. People added are carefully selected. We discuss intellectual issues only. No cruise or any such thing. Purely cerebral issues. Careful also because some persons' aim in such groups is social climbing and hassling elites for acquaintances and favours.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by baretalk: 8:45pm On Apr 25
EreluRoz:
RIP she's still young. I wish we can all live forever
After 5000 years, you might be tired of this sphere...if we could transcend to other spheres, that will be more fun.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by baretalk: 8:48pm On Apr 25
BeigJawnson:

He didn't say he will live forever... He only said he wish people can live for ever... Na wa ooo
He is addressing the 'wish' obviously.
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by joseph1832(m): 9:23pm On Apr 25
DissTroy:

He's from Akwa Ibom. Along with Nsikak Essién who also worked at Newswatch with Dele Giwa.

I had an uncle name Ekpu, so I wondered if he was from EdoState. Just may be we were related.
No, I can't. At the risk of coming off as a snub, it has the high and mighty in it and we discuss sensitive issues. Think Senators, Professors, top media men, old time Nigerian entertainers like Régîna Askia, accomplished SANs, judges... Not everyone gets admitted, but we'd be having a physical event this month.

If you are a literati, there's a possibility though. People added are carefully selected. We discuss intellectual issues only. No cruise or any such thing. Purely cerebral issues. Careful also because some persons' aim in such groups is social climbing and hassling elites for acquaintances and favours.
Well you know I'm more than the emboldened, so.... grin
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by BeigJawnson(m): 9:40pm On Apr 25
baretalk:

He is addressing the 'wish' obviously.

Thought as much
Re: Ray Ekpu's Wife, Uyai Is Dead by Ndipe(m): 4:42am On Apr 26
Nsikak Essien, as far as I know, never worked for Newswatch magazine. He was a journalist for Concord newspapers.

DissTroy:

------

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspects In The Assassination Attempt Of Dino Melaye (Photos) / Buhari Escapes Delighted Mob After Eid Prayers / Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.