Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened (31162 Views)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors / Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Neddstark: 4:41am On Apr 25
KushLyon:

That's because it's a residential building inside an estate, the alleged supermarket is just a small store within her house where she sells things to people in the estate. The place that a lot of Nigerians are saying is a supermarket is actually an office complex

Exactly. I was expecting to see a big shop or something.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by felixtare(m): 4:50am On Apr 25
jubrilELsudan:
IF THIS WERE THE OLD DAYS OF WE 9JA YOUTHS OF THE 80'S AND 90'S NOTHING FOR DEY FOR DEM TO REOPENED CAUSE BY NOW YOUTHS FOR DON BURN DOWN THE WHOLE COMPLEX

BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS PRESENT DAY 9JA YOUTHS DEY VERY USELESS NA HIM MAKE BUHARI SAY DEM DEY LAZY
Which of the categories u fall into? Oga no vex I get word for u.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kcprince: 4:51am On Apr 25
The way Nigerians will rush to patronize this Chinese oppressor will be unimaginable. That store will be full at all times from today because Nigerians love those that oppress them.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by cl0r0x: 5:20am On Apr 25
Chinese Supermarket, Chinese, Are Nigerians Chinese?
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Qoko: 5:33am On Apr 25
One of the senior would have given him clues and confidence on what and what to say
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kelbranty(m): 5:56am On Apr 25
It's okay not to sell for me because I'll mess up your store. But to not sel for me because of my nationality....... If that's not pure discrimination/racism, I don't know what else to call it.

Oju4190:
So dat dey will mess up tho place abi

I nor won sell to u

Na by force!!!

The discrimination wen dey happen among Nigerians nor pass dis one....... abeg make una shift make I see road
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kelbranty(m): 6:00am On Apr 25
abuhusna1:

Uts a private residential and gated area

What we need to know is, can anyone enter the estate freely? If yes, it's pure discrimination if the store refuses to sell to Nigerians.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kelbranty(m): 6:03am On Apr 25
KushLyon:

That's because it's a residential building inside an estate, the alleged supermarket is just a small store within her house where she sells things to people in the estate. The place that a lot of Nigerians are saying is a supermarket is actually an office complex

If you're saying this because of VDMs video, I hope you know that the same VDM also said he knows when the place was built and it's a supermarket meant for the Chinese? But if it's because you know the place very well, then it's fine.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by jikins(m): 6:13am On Apr 25
CaptainFM1:

I agree with you. Nigerians are getting lazier. Youths would rather do Nairabet or get involved in shady dealings for quick money. They don't want to work anymore.

So burning down buildings is work?
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Kavod: 6:21am On Apr 25
Reflect7:

YOUR PROBLEM IS YOU ARE A BUSHMAN, YET YOU THINK YOU KNOW SOMETHING.

GET THIS INTO YOUR THICK SKULL:

YOU CANNOT ESTABLISH A COMMERCIAL OPERATION AND EXCLUDE PEOPLE ON THE BASIS OF RACE OR NATIONALITY.

IT IS NOT ACCEPTED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

IT IS ILLEGAL, AND WILL LAND YOU IN JAIL IN MOST COUNTRIES, IF YOU'RE FOUND GUILTY.

YOUR IDEOLOGY OF ''HE HAS THE RIGHT TO SELL TO WHOEVER HE WANTS'' ONLY APPLIES IN YOUR BUSH VILLAGE.

NOWHERE BEYOND THAT.

OK?

YOU ARE JUST EXHIBITING LOW SELF ESTEEM... THEY DO NOT WANT TO SELL TO YOU, I DONT SEE WHATS WRONG THERE. LET ME JUST PROVE YOU ARE THE INFERIOR SPECIE. CAN YOU SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND CHINESE? SO HOW CAN YOU EVEN READ WHAT IS GOING TO BE ON MOST OF THE COMMODITIES? LOOK AT THE BUILDING...... IT DOESNT EVEN LOOK LIKE A SUPER MARKET. NA LOW SELF ESTEEM DE DO NIGERIANS, PEOPLE EVEN TOOK THEIR TIME TO CONFIRM IT.... CHAIIIIII

THAT ONE NA NAIJA PROBLEM?
WETIN BE THE BENEFIT OF ALLOWING OR NOT ALLOWING NIGERIANS IN?

MTCHEEW

MAJOR IN MINOR AND VICE VERSA.

YOU CANNOT ESTABLISH BLA BLA BLA... YOU DE SPEAK GRAMMAR. NAIJA NA CIVILIZED COUNTRY TO YOU? YOU DON EVEN GET ORDINARY LIGHT FOR 10 HOURS?
FOR CHINA SEF NAIJA GET STORES, YOU FEEL SAY CHINESE MAN GO WAKA ENTER?

NIGERIANS JUST OPEN EYES THEY ARE VERY UNCIVILIZED.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by poiu44: 6:23am On Apr 25
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by omoharry(f): 6:31am On Apr 25
jubrilELsudan:
IF THIS WERE THE OLD DAYS OF WE 9JA YOUTHS OF THE 80'S AND 90'S NOTHING FOR DEY FOR DEM TO REOPENED CAUSE BY NOW YOUTHS FOR DON BURN DOWN THE WHOLE COMPLEX

BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS PRESENT DAY 9JA YOUTHS DEY VERY USELESS NA HIM MAKE BUHARI SAY DEM DEY LAZY
I am you didn't read the message to the end .. The yeye writer was not sure if they opened the place or not .
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Sylva2147: 6:33am On Apr 25
Namaster:
"...we went to the commission today and all the issues have been resolved..."

This is why they fuuuck with Nigerians even in Nigeria. The corruption is so PALPABLE they know that they can get away with ANYTHING.

In this shitty country, ANYTHING can be resolved with a fat enough envelope.

This issue of BLATANT discrimination against Nigerians was not investigated for up to 3 days YET FCCPC has declared it resolved and unsealed the criminal supermarket to continue with its discrimination.

ZERO consequences!

A real shame.

This is business and it's not compulsory for you to go there for shopping, it's our leaders who failed us else supposing our politicians are using the money they embezzled to establish such I'm sure the Chinese company will be the ones looking for customers to patronize them rather than chasing them away or denying them acces but hell no, all they know is just to continue taking the money abroad so what do you expect?
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Privilegeinfo(m): 6:43am On Apr 25
AbdulAkpan:
Why are we even angry about this as if we Nigerians buy groceries. They sell groceries in that supermarket. We only buy food stuffs, tea, bread, stock fish, kpomo, etc. so they should free the Chincos to sell and buy their groceries to their fellow Chincos.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery bro
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by cocolacec(m): 6:47am On Apr 25
tuoyoojo:
China wen we dey owe money nine dem wan threaten ni

I knew it would be resolved in no time

The sealing was just......u know

America dey owe China too no bi only Naija.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by BondRiv: 6:48am On Apr 25
Nothing ever happens. It will continue.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by nyabinghi(m): 6:54am On Apr 25
I won't hesitate to break Chinese skull if the moment comes
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:02am On Apr 25
Namaster:

This is why they fuuuck with Nigerians even in Nigeria. The corruption is so PALPABLE they know that they can get away with ANYTHING.

This issue of BLATANT discrimination against Nigerians was not investigated for up to 3 days YET FCCPC has declared it resolved and unsealed the criminal supermarket to continue with its discrimination.

ZERO consequences!

A real shame.

Man! What discrimination? May lack of information not lead us astray
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by Xpol: 7:21am On Apr 25
jubrilELsudan:

I pity for the kind of mentality you possess.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by abuhusna1: 8:10am On Apr 25
kelbranty:

What we need to know is, can anyone enter the estate freely? If yes, it's pure discrimination if the store refuses to sell to Nigerians.
No you can't enter freely. You have to be on a mission and go in with approval. Watch very dark man video
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by crackhouse(m): 8:17am On Apr 25
Many Nigerians don't know there's a supermarket there but now they know.. Nice advert too.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by onatisi(m): 8:43am On Apr 25
please get the real facts of cases before jumping to conclusions. it has already been investigated and seen that the accusations leveled against the Chinese were all false. Let's at least give our agencies the benefit of the doubt that they can do the right things at times. if we don't value our people and agencies, how will foreigners value them and accord them the necessary respect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J8yMKx82N8

Namaster:

ZERO consequences!

A real shame.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by onatisi(m): 8:44am On Apr 25
there is no supermarket there in the first place, it was all a lie. .
crackhouse:
Many Nigerians don't know there's a supermarket there but now they know.. Nice advert too.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kelbranty(m): 8:47am On Apr 25
abuhusna1:

No you can't enter freely. You have to be on a mission and go in with approval. Watch very dark man video

VDMs video is contradictory. In his first video he said he knows when the place was built and that it's a supermarket for Chinese. But when he did the second video from the location, everyone saw that there was no supermarket there. Though he did not enter the sealed building. So there's a lie somewhere.

Since it's an estate that you can't go in freely then it's understandable if ANYONE is denied access. I guess whoever has access to the estate (non residents) is not denied access to buy something from the place.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by onatisi(m): 8:47am On Apr 25
I THINK IT IS TIME GOVT FULLY STEPS IN TO MONITOR AND CENSOR SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT IN NIGERIA, IF NOT ALL THESE BLOGGERS CARRYING FAKE NEWS WILL DESTROY THE NATION ONE DAY .
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by onatisi(m): 8:50am On Apr 25
kelbranty:

VDMs video is contradictory. In his first video he said he knows when the place was built and that it's a supermarket for Chinese. But when he did the second video from the location, everyone saw that there was no supermarket there. Though he did not enter the sealed building. So there's a lie somewhere.

Since it's an estate that you can't go in freely then it's understandable if ANYONE is denied access. I guess whoever has access to the estate (non residents) is not denied access to buy something from the place.

you already answered ur own question. so which one will you believe, the assumption Vdm made in his bedroom hen he hadn't visited the site, or the facts he made when he was fully on the ground and inside the location and made recordings of everything ?
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kelbranty(m): 8:57am On Apr 25
onatisi:
please get the real facts of cases before jumping to conclusions. it has already been investigated and seen that the accusations leveled against the Chinese were all false. Let's at least give our agencies the benefit of the doubt that they can do the right things at times. if we don't value our people and agencies, how will foreigners value them and accord them the necessary respect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J8yMKx82N8

This video has no facts. He himself said that the woman has a store where she sells Chinese stuffs. The first guy said the same thing and that he wanted to patronize her.

Few questions
1. Did he enter the sealed building to know what's inside?
2. Did he ask people around if non residents of the estate are allowed to buy things from her?
3. Did he show us the supermarket he claimed he knows when it was built and that it is for Chinese only?

The agency did not just seal the place because of some videos. They must have done their findings and either confirmed the stories to be true or did not get any response.

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by onatisi(m): 9:02am On Apr 25
[quote author=kelbranty post=129623394][/quote] There is no supermarket there, a supermarket will have a signboard, did you see any supermarket signboard in the video? you can't just be entering people's PRIVATE RESIDENCES ALL BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID THERE IS A SUPERMARKET THERE. so if someone says there is a supermarket in your flat, you will agree? the first question you will ask them is if you place any signboard of such outside.
if there is a signboard of a business place or a supermarket, that means it is for the public and a Nigerian is not allowed to go in , it is then we can say they are discriminatory.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kelbranty(m): 9:03am On Apr 25
onatisi:

you already answered ur own question. so which one will you believe, the assumption Vdm made in his bedroom hen he hadn't visited the site, or the facts he made when he was fully on the ground and inside the location and made recordings of everything ?

Well, I don't know what to believe now because he himself said the lady that owns the sealed building has a store where she sells Chinese stuffs but could not show us the store. So it's possible there is a supermarket (big or small). One thing that we can say is a fact is that, there's is a store in that estate. Maybe that guy was denied access to the estate and not the store or he was actually denied access to the store.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by blaise26abj(m): 9:05am On Apr 25
israelmao:
Chinese dictating to us in our land?It's unimaginable!People should be careful of what they buy from that supermarket before they package boiled lizards and human heads for them.

When we reduce corruption drastically and stop begging for funds cap in hand , they will stop dictating to us .
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by kelbranty(m): 9:08am On Apr 25
onatisi:
There is no supermarket there, a supermarket will have a signboard, did you see any supermarket signboard in the video? you can't just be entering people's PRIVATE RESIDENCES ALL BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID THERE IS A SUPERMARKET THERE. so if someone says there is a supermarket in your flat, you will agree? the first question you will ask them is if you place any signboard of such outside.
if there is a signboard of a business place or a supermarket, that means it is for the public and a Nigerian is not allowed to go in , it is then we can say they are discriminatory.

The first guy and vdm said the same thing "there is a store in that location". If you put up a business online and you don't want walk-in customers, you should state it online also. It's either it is pure discrimination or business not handled properly. Either way, something was wrongly done.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened by onatisi(m): 9:16am On Apr 25
exactly, the lady sells outside by the gate, it is like having a store in front of ur building. like all those abokis with kisok. it wasn't a supermarket in the main building.
the facts of the case is this
the estate is populated by both Nigerians and Chinese
there is a woman selling Chinese food items
is there a supermarket there? NO
how was she selling? she sells in front of her residence by the roadside, according to the video.
who buys from her? according to the video both Nigerians and Chinese
is there any sign of a supermarket in that estate? NO according to the video posted
This is why VDM said most likely the guy or person who posted that news must have been sent or maybe had a grudge against the Chinese. because there is no supermarket signboard anywhere in that estate. if you notice the place that was locked is a residential place, not a business place

kelbranty:

Well, I don't know what to believe now because he himself said the lady that owns the sealed building has a store where she sells Chinese stuffs but could not show us the store. So it's possible there is a supermarket (big or small). One thing that we can say is a fact is that, there's is a store in that estate. Maybe that guy was denied access to the estate and not the store or he was actually denied access to the store.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read / My ATM Card Was Stolen And Money Was Withdrawn Within Hours - Advice Needed. / Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.