Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News (15530 Views)

How Much Is Cefa To Naira Exchange Rate Today Black Market / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by occfx: 1:29pm On Apr 25
flyinnizam:
The fact that the naira exchange rate being in the news always unlike few years ago says a lot about this administration. I am sure some people knows the direction I am going to.

Nigeria prefer to remain dead than to allow a reasonable igbo man rule the nation. Ok allow the igbos go so that you can enjoy your Nigeria to the fullest they still say No, that they will remain dead and igbo man must partake in the misery. What an horrible people

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by diamond68: 1:50pm On Apr 25
Hdanny:

It’s legit bro, a friend of mine receives money from outside through the app and it works perfectly.
thank you very much brother
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by diamond68: 1:51pm On Apr 25
peterboro:

HOW CAN Taptap BE SCAM?

Please download it from Playstore.
It's genuine 💯,%
That's what we use here in UK and other Europe countries.
thank you bro.
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by diamond68: 1:52pm On Apr 25
Bliztzer:

It is not even opening for me. Many scam is happening out there.
really ? Wow. They have good rates
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by kingxsamz(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25
flyinnizam:
The fact that the naira exchange rate being in the news always unlike few years ago says a lot about this administration. I am sure some people knows the direction I am going to.

It's because of how much APC miscreants talked about it and used it as a leverage against Jonathan back then, and how these same APC miscreants/sIaves presented Tinibooo as some kind of master strategist who was going to fix the disaster the duIIard Buhari left behind before the previous election. So the thing is, having seen how much of a total faiIure Tinibooo has been and considering how embarrassing it'll be to admit that they voted n0nsense, anything that seems like a little progress (even though it's not) will be over amplified by these APC miscreants. That's why they've been celebrating dollar which the old cl0wn actually met at a very low rate. Now that it's going up, their noise have reduced. Nothing to celebrate in this administration so they can only hold on to what seems like progress. Mu Mu people.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by bigiyaro(m): 2:02pm On Apr 25
The whole thing reflects the rubbish brains that are forming policies for the good people of his country. The dollar was #700 during evil reign of buhari, a worst malady came in and pushed it to #1,800, increased the price of fuel, increased electricity, increased the price of cooking gas, increased the price of everything that ordinary Nigerians needed to survive day by day. Then the dullards started spending our reservation in the of defending the naira, now every day, fuulls make it a sacred duty to announce the exchange rate (how much was it before) The only thing these rubbish dysfunctional administration has ever achieved is the increments in the price of every single item being sold in the market by more than 200%.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by kingxsamz(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25
shortgun:
The real enemies of Nigeria are those who frustrated President Jonathan out of office when a bag of rice was sold for 8k and dollar was N216.
Now they expect us to celebrate and roll out the drums now that a bag of rice is sold for 70k and dollar is 1,300.
Nonsense
angry

Don't mind these people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by DMerciful(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25
No gain whatsoever
Apus:
Most countries are entering into partnerships aimed at de-dollarizing their economy. Here, we are celebrating little gain as though we won a trophy. It will never be well with those who have contributed to where we are as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Splashme: 2:10pm On Apr 25
Sad
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by goody234: 2:14pm On Apr 25
Daystar7:
Naira- Dollar exchange rate is now in the news more regularly cos it's has been floated by a new government that failed to put the necessary measures in place to make it stable. It easy to blame the past government for backing the dollars, which is bad in itself cos it makes the government lazy and comfortable but you have to consider that we produce and export nothing aside crude oil that's stolen everyday recklessly. This crude oil is in turn imported and sold at a subsidized rate. It's important both subsidies are removed but then how you go about it is the most important aspect and requires consultations with the best hands and head available and long term planning.
This is why it's important to elect intelligent and credible hands.
I think Tinubu heard his opponents talk about how they were gonna remove this subsidies and just carelessly did it trying to appear smart without trying to know the intricacies involved. We are not against Tinubu for removing fuel and Naira subsidy but the way and manner it was done. This two things is like air and water to Nigerians and a very delicate part of the lives of Nigerians.
You don't cut off a head cos of headache and that was the approach Tinubu used.
This why destructive criticism is bad and this is the aftermath of engaging in such, the Bible says let him that stand take heed lest he falls and asked us to refrain from judging others. When u get in the habit of judging others u won't see the plank in ur own eyes cos you'll be busy with the speck of dust in the eyes of the criticized. That's the problem of APC. The party campaigned and built its foundation on hate, criticism and bigotry. Go back to the kind of atmosphere Nigeria political atmosphere Nigeria was in 2014 and you will see that the accusations by Batists on Obidients is nothing but child's play. That's how toxic it was. Kids enjoyed watching cartoons mockery of the president and his wives, unnecessary protest every where not born out of true patriotism but dishonest ambition. Subsidy wasn't good for us then and was supposed to be removed but the people who actually knew better lied to Nigerians, decieved the populace just for selfish unpatriotic reasons while things deteriorated badly just to achieve selfish dreams. That's the price we are all paying. I didn't vote as at that time but I was already of voting of voting age then in the university and didn't fully understand what was going on. I thought Jonathan was really bad for the masses to be against him but my happiness was I didn't campaign against him or joined the bandwagon to castigate and mock him. It was during my service year in Katsina that I truly understand who Buhari really was. That man was a true Islamic Jihadist. He wasted the lives of millions of christians in the North cos of loosing elections in 2011. Was supposed to be languishing in jail paying for his crimes but Jonathan paid for his unwillingness to be brave and put him exactly where he belongs. I look back today and i blame him for being too timid. Today you still see him fraternizing with the Men that disrespected and dishonored him. That's to show you the kind of man he's. A puppet! Little wonder his wife was so vocal and too many looting and corruption happened under his very nose. He messed up at every turn due to his inability to put his foot down and stand on business. A faint hearted man. I understand coming from a minority tribe he was surrounded by wolves and instead of toughening up he chose to appease them. The wolves smelt the weakness and came for his blood. Human psych is like that. Men will choose wicked cold blooded dangerous men to lily livered nice men. Buhari removed the subsidy but didn't want to noise about it cos he was part of those that lied about left it into the tenure of his successor to take the hypocrisy and hear off himself and Tinubu became the fall guy. He also took the fall by nailing himself when he made that speech on his inauguration day. He was a bit too anxious to show off his leadership capacity only to self sabotage himself.
Today you hear things like, Tinubu is brave for removing fuel subsidy, what others before him couldn't do. They forget Jonathan did and it was on it they laid the falsehood campaign that hounded him out and Buhari was the person that put it the fuel subsidy removal in place. Tinubu trying to chase vain glory nailed himself with the needless speech of removing fuel subsidy that was already removed by Buhari. This gave me worries cos for Buhari who we saw as "slow" to make such move only for supposed smart Bobo Chicago to take such a fall for Buhari's clandestine move shows someone isn't really as smart as they claimed. Instead of taking his time to see how far the impact of that inglorious speech will go he also hurriedly floated the Naira putting everything into a total frenzy of chaos.
Today everything seems shady cos money saved from subsidy should increase our reserve but we see the opposite. Naira is being backed, same thing others was criticized for same as fuel subsidy cos fuel ought not to be less than #1200 without subsidy. Now we see a lot of cosmetic approach by the CBN, trying to force the Naira down which is why it's not reflecting on the market cos there's no fundamentals to put the technical and sentimental analysis in place. A very wrong and chaotic approach.
Buying and selling the dollar is now a very volatile venture to go into which is why I've split my Naira and USD holdings in two. I know USD will always remain a safe haven but I know not to see it as an investment cos with the current approach by the CBN and the economic team we can wake up a $ for #300 only to see same $ for #2500 the next day. It has become a complete chaotic economic atmosphere.
Nothing has been done so far to restore sanity and organization just propaganda, continuous borrowing and new projects while the existing ones in need of maintenance are left to rot.

Nigerians and the youths especially should shun ethnoreligious bigotry and ask for good governance. I'm Obidients, but Tinubu is the president but that doesn't mean I'll partake in destroying the country cos Obi is not the president today. If we destroy it today what will Obi work on if he eventually becomes president.
We must not tow the APC path, it's very dangerous. APC should as a matter of fact start doing something tangible in the aspect of Power generation, and security then agriculture and manufacturing for export esp turning out abundant minerals to finished products for export. Stop creating new projects and work on improving existing ones.
I feel they should have worked on the old refineries and allowing private investors to run it while the government shadows the operations. The likes of Adenuga, Otedola, Ibeto, Dangote can be the investors instead of giving Dangote subsidized forex to build a private refinery adding our crude oil to his monopolistic conglomerates. Naira- USD is now more volatile than Bitcoin and that's is bad for the country. I'm a forex trader who majors on EURUSD currency. So I know what I'm saying

Good write up but learn to use paragraphs to buttress your points

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Earthquakes: 2:50pm On Apr 25
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Just like you are doing right now. It's people like you who are all about the news concerning the exchange rate. Haba make we rest nah. Peter Obi slaves make una find better job dey do. Even when MOST of you and family members have never seen or touch Dollar in your life. Una noise just too much about this Dollar.

Does this answer the question why Naira moved from 216# to dollar in 2015 when APC took over to 1300 toda?
Does what you typed make any sense to you?
Those OBIdients and Agbado are buying dollars same price and don’t forget it was TINUBU that floated the naira not Obi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by sheanzy(m): 2:53pm On Apr 25
Daystar7:
Naira- Dollar exchange rate is now in the news more regularly cos it's has been floated by a new government that failed to put the necessary measures in place to make it stable. It easy to blame the past government for backing the dollars, which is bad in itself cos it makes the government lazy and comfortable but you have to consider that we produce and export nothing aside crude oil that's stolen everyday recklessly. This crude oil is in turn imported and sold at a subsidized rate. It's important both subsidies are removed but then how you go about it is the most important aspect and requires consultations with the best hands and head available and long term planning.
This is why it's important to elect intelligent and credible hands.
I think Tinubu heard his opponents talk about how they were gonna remove this subsidies and just carelessly did it trying to appear smart without trying to know the intricacies involved. We are not against Tinubu for removing fuel and Naira subsidy but the way and manner it was done. This two things is like air and water to Nigerians and a very delicate part of the lives of Nigerians.
You don't cut off a head cos of headache and that was the approach Tinubu used.
This why destructive criticism is bad and this is the aftermath of engaging in such, the Bible says let him that stand take heed lest he falls and asked us to refrain from judging others. When u get in the habit of judging others u won't see the plank in ur own eyes cos you'll be busy with the speck of dust in the eyes of the criticized. That's the problem of APC. The party campaigned and built its foundation on hate, criticism and bigotry. Go back to the kind of atmosphere Nigeria political atmosphere Nigeria was in 2014 and you will see that the accusations by Batists on Obidients is nothing but child's play. That's how toxic it was. Kids enjoyed watching cartoons mockery of the president and his wives, unnecessary protest every where not born out of true patriotism but dishonest ambition. Subsidy wasn't good for us then and was supposed to be removed but the people who actually knew better lied to Nigerians, decieved the populace just for selfish unpatriotic reasons while things deteriorated badly just to achieve selfish dreams. That's the price we are all paying. I didn't vote as at that time but I was already of voting of voting age then in the university and didn't fully understand what was going on. I thought Jonathan was really bad for the masses to be against him but my happiness was I didn't campaign against him or joined the bandwagon to castigate and mock him. It was during my service year in Katsina that I truly understand who Buhari really was. That man was a true Islamic Jihadist. He wasted the lives of millions of christians in the North cos of loosing elections in 2011. Was supposed to be languishing in jail paying for his crimes but Jonathan paid for his unwillingness to be brave and put him exactly where he belongs. I look back today and i blame him for being too timid. Today you still see him fraternizing with the Men that disrespected and dishonored him. That's to show you the kind of man he's. A puppet! Little wonder his wife was so vocal and too many looting and corruption happened under his very nose. He messed up at every turn due to his inability to put his foot down and stand on business. A faint hearted man. I understand coming from a minority tribe he was surrounded by wolves and instead of toughening up he chose to appease them. The wolves smelt the weakness and came for his blood. Human psych is like that. Men will choose wicked cold blooded dangerous men to lily livered nice men. Buhari removed the subsidy but didn't want to noise about it cos he was part of those that lied about left it into the tenure of his successor to take the hypocrisy and hear off himself and Tinubu became the fall guy. He also took the fall by nailing himself when he made that speech on his inauguration day. He was a bit too anxious to show off his leadership capacity only to self sabotage himself.
Today you hear things like, Tinubu is brave for removing fuel subsidy, what others before him couldn't do. They forget Jonathan did and it was on it they laid the falsehood campaign that hounded him out and Buhari was the person that put it the fuel subsidy removal in place. Tinubu trying to chase vain glory nailed himself with the needless speech of removing fuel subsidy that was already removed by Buhari. This gave me worries cos for Buhari who we saw as "slow" to make such move only for supposed smart Bobo Chicago to take such a fall for Buhari's clandestine move shows someone isn't really as smart as they claimed. Instead of taking his time to see how far the impact of that inglorious speech will go he also hurriedly floated the Naira putting everything into a total frenzy of chaos.
Today everything seems shady cos money saved from subsidy should increase our reserve but we see the opposite. Naira is being backed, same thing others was criticized for same as fuel subsidy cos fuel ought not to be less than #1200 without subsidy. Now we see a lot of cosmetic approach by the CBN, trying to force the Naira down which is why it's not reflecting on the market cos there's no fundamentals to put the technical and sentimental analysis in place. A very wrong and chaotic approach.
Buying and selling the dollar is now a very volatile venture to go into which is why I've split my Naira and USD holdings in two. I know USD will always remain a safe haven but I know not to see it as an investment cos with the current approach by the CBN and the economic team we can wake up a $ for #300 only to see same $ for #2500 the next day. It has become a complete chaotic economic atmosphere.
Nothing has been done so far to restore sanity and organization just propaganda, continuous borrowing and new projects while the existing ones in need of maintenance are left to rot.

Nigerians and the youths especially should shun ethnoreligious bigotry and ask for good governance. I'm Obidients, but Tinubu is the president but that doesn't mean I'll partake in destroying the country cos Obi is not the president today. If we destroy it today what will Obi work on if he eventually becomes president.
We must not tow the APC path, it's very dangerous. APC should as a matter of fact start doing something tangible in the aspect of Power generation, and security then agriculture and manufacturing for export esp turning out abundant minerals to finished products for export. Stop creating new projects and work on improving existing ones.
I feel they should have worked on the old refineries and allowing private investors to run it while the government shadows the operations. The likes of Adenuga, Otedola, Ibeto, Dangote can be the investors instead of giving Dangote subsidized forex to build a private refinery adding our crude oil to his monopolistic conglomerates. Naira- USD is now more volatile than Bitcoin and that's is bad for the country. I'm a forex trader who majors on EURUSD currency. So I know what I'm saying
you were making sense until I saw 'with the approach cbn is making we might see dollar at N300'

This single comment just sabotaged your effort to being knowledgeable
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by ghiloman28(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25
Aswear I was still thinking about this yesterday. Why
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Judgement12(m): 4:40pm On Apr 25
I have been making use of it for months now
diamond68:
Has anyone ever successfully used that TAPTAP SEND website or is it a scam ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Daystar7: 4:42pm On Apr 25
sheanzy:
you were making sense until I saw 'with the approach cbn is making we might see dollar at N300'

This single comment just sabotaged your effort to being knowledgeable

Lol, Einstein of our time should at least know the difference between a statement, a phrase and a clause.
"With the CBN's approach we can wake up to see a $ at 300 only to see it at a $ for 2500 the very next day". Now that's is the statement and if this doesn't sit well with you, you just keep scrolling. I don't need ur validation, neither are you fit to go toe to toe with me academically irrespective of whatever it is u studied, if at all.
Now move on respectfully
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by DominantBeing(f): 5:22pm On Apr 25
bestman09:
See them. Bunch of mo.rons

It is because they don't know what they are doing. Meanwhile, I bought USDT DOLLAR at over N1400 this morning.

Please and please sir what exchange is this?
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Calitoscassius(m): 5:35pm On Apr 25
diamond68:
It is not a scam, i use it always to send money, but don't send large amount like £1000 or $1000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by ivandragon: 5:42pm On Apr 25
The apc were the ones that made dollar an issue when they used it to campaign in 2014 and said N216 to a dollar was not good.

Today, they are shamelessly celebrating it at N1300 to a dollar.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by ivandragon: 6:02pm On Apr 25
DataDoc:

It's because APC and her supporters want to prove that Tinubu is working, while every other person wants to prove that Nigeria is getting worse.

A simple way to do that is to look at the exchange rate

Actually, the best way to look at it is from the angle of purchasing power over a period of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Ubdavis(m): 6:39pm On Apr 25
If u don't know that answer, then it's a pity
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by CuteNbad(m): 7:30pm On Apr 25
bestman09:
See them. Bunch of mo.rons

It is because they don't know what they are doing. Meanwhile, I bought USDT DOLLAR at over N1400 this morning.
Which app is this pls?
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by grandstar(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25
flyinnizam:

Do you know how severe the mess and damage Buhari left behind?

To understand the severity, I wrote off his government and the economy once he began tinkering with the exchange rates, I knew the economy was in big trouble! The economy experienced 2 recessions under his watch!

It's so bad than Charles Soludo, an opposition governor and economist recently sympathized with the president.

In 2022, the government spent over 100% of its revenue servicing debt.This means after servicing its debt, it has zero cash to fund the budget. That would mean it would have to borrow every kobo to finance the budget!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by wegevv: 10:05pm On Apr 25
grandstar:

Do you know how severe the mess and damage Buhari left behind?

To understand the severity, I wrote off his government and the economy once he began tinkering with the exchange rates, I knew the economy was in big trouble! The economy experienced 2 recessions under his watch!

It's so bad than Charles Soludo, an opposition governor and economist recently sympathized with the president.

In 2022, the government spent over 100% of its revenue servicing debt.This means after servicing its debt, it has zero cash to fund the budget. That would mean it would have to borrow every kobo to finance the budget!

This is very important for the country to understand because as much as many despise Tinubu’s character and what he stands for, blaming the current economic situation on him is just going to make room for another incompetent bigot like Buhari enter office again. Our history needs to be accurately recorded and remembered for us to ever progress

If we were lucky though we would have a less divisive president from an opposition party right now and the country would be entirely focused on digging deep into the destruction that went on for a good 8 years under the Failure in Chief that is PMB
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Superpack589: 10:54pm On Apr 25
bestman09:

I just corrected myself even though you used a stupid language to point it out to me. I now understand why they say that there is sense in every nonsense!

Sorry for the harsh word.
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by adolfHitler1934: 10:58pm On Apr 25
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Just like you are doing right now. It's people like you who are all about the news concerning the exchange rate. Haba make we rest nah. Peter Obi slaves make una find better job dey do. Even when MOST of you and family members have never seen or touch Dollar in your life. Una noise just too much about this Dollar.
See am....Mumu.
In that your little mind now you have made reasonable contribution to the discourse.
Nigeria will be great again but not under your principal who is a known drug lord, thief and forger.
He has ruined the country completely and all you tribal bigots could see with your blind eyes is your family tormentor, Peter Obi.
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Dchoice(f): 11:33pm On Apr 25
diamond68:
yes that’s what I use, it’s not a scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Justiceleague1: 7:48am On Apr 26
shortgun:
The real enemies of Nigeria are those who frustrated President Jonathan out of office when a bag of rice was sold for 8k and dollar was N216.
Now they expect us to celebrate and roll out the drums now that a bag of rice is sold for 70k and dollar is 1,300.
Nonsense
angry
You got it..they expect us to celebrate and smile...and when people voice out their grief,peeps like Helinues will scream that they are wishing the country bad....
It's so horrible to be in same country with these people

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Sctests: 8:29pm On Apr 27
Quelme:
There so many Nigerians bereft of any form of patriotism just because their Agulu fraud lost an election want to see Nigeria burn. They are at the forefront of parroting the exchange rate whenever the Naira depreciates against the Dollar.

They are eagerly waiting to tell us "shebi we tell una". Them go wait tire!!!!

Nigeria will Rise!!!!

Naija will rise, but you japa go UK to wash plates. No be die you dey so?/ grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another First As Firstbank’s Payment Card Hits 10 Million In Nigeria / *URGENT URGENT* fashion retail merchandising FOR NEW STORES ACCROSS NIGERIA / Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.