Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News (15528 Views)

How Much Is Cefa To Naira Exchange Rate Today Black Market / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Kingray10: 11:29am On Apr 25
Overated.
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Uptownerd: 11:29am On Apr 25
A very nice question.

Unfortunately, the answer is "clickbait". Nigerians are easily deceived, so the news sites will continue to milk this fact.

At a time when countries around the world are spearheading dedollarisation to be totally free from the US hegemony, here we are looking up to the dollar and continuously dollarizing our economy.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by StOla: 11:30am On Apr 25
Because Nigerians like you are obsessed with the dollar rate.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Hezmatosky: 11:30am On Apr 25
Honestly our leaders are out of clue. What they do now is trial by error. Baba is even tired

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by NaijaCover(m): 11:30am On Apr 25
Mr Blogger Is Always Available To Publish It
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by CandidAdmin(m): 11:30am On Apr 25
Their business
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by StOla: 11:31am On Apr 25
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Just like you are doing right now. It's people like you who are all about the news concerning the exchange rate. Haba make we rest nah.

Exactly what I posited.
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by chatinent: 11:31am On Apr 25
We are dollar slaves
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by uuzba(m): 11:32am On Apr 25
shortgun:
The real enemies of Nigeria are those who frustrated President Jonathan out of office when a bag of rice was sold for 8k and dollar was N216.
Now they expect us to celebrate and roll out the drums now that a bag of rice is sold for 70k and dollar is 1,300.
Nonsense
angry
Jonathan's luck is that the president died and he then assumed office.
Had there been elections, Jonathan would never have won with this kind enemies in Nigeria.
He was good yet pushed out of office and since he left, only worse people have taken over.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by LucemFerre: 11:33am On Apr 25
jayworld15:
You're even lucky it's not hourly. It's crossed #1,400/$ now

What do you people gain in spreading fake news?
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Emmabyte: 11:33am On Apr 25
Because apc promise us one dollar to one naira and what we are seeing is #1430 to 1$ our people need to know how useless this government is in order to do away with them come next election, thank you

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by nlreserve: 11:33am On Apr 25
Toh if na helinues

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:33am On Apr 25
StOla:

Exactly what I posited.

Peter Obi's slaves. grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:34am On Apr 25
Jos-gombe transmission line is down for the past 4days
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Dyfynezz12(m): 11:35am On Apr 25
Cost the naira to dollar rate changes everyday
Nd a change in situations that happens everyday is called news
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Blaze14k: 11:36am On Apr 25
shortgun:
The real enemies of Nigeria are those who frustrated President Jonathan out of office when a bag of rice was sold for 8k and dollar was N216.
Now they expect us to celebrate and roll out the drums now that a bag of rice is sold for 70k and dollar is 1,300.
Nonsense
angry

I support you 100%

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by AdamuKD: 11:36am On Apr 25
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Just like you are doing right now. It's people like you who are all about the news concerning the exchange rate. Haba make we rest nah. Peter Obi slaves make una find better job dey do.
Senseless zombie. You left what they asked you and you are mentioning Obi. Obi that can buy all your generation put together. Idiot

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Emman08: 11:37am On Apr 25
One, we import literally everything
Two, dollars are easier to loot and laundering.
Three, we have baboons managing Nigeria's economy
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by InvertedHammer: 11:38am On Apr 25
flyinnizam:
The fact that the naira exchange rate being in the news always unlike few years ago says a lot about this administration. I am sure some people knows the direction I am going to.
/
The country is heavily import-dependent even to the point of importing toothpicks. So excessive gyration in exchange rates creates panic and outrage. An importer that placed orders on Friday at $1= N1050 will wake up today with $1= N1300. Who knows what it will be by Monday next week?

In the most productive time of their lives, an average Nigerian youth is running the street wearing dreads, white socks and sagging with a mobile phone or laptop in tow. Nobody is interested in producing anything. It is all about soft life. The future outlook for the country is very extremely bleak.

/

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:40am On Apr 25
AdamuKD:

Senseless zombie. You left what they asked you and you are mentioning Obi. Obi that can buy all your generation put together. Idiot

grin

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by jayworld15(m): 11:41am On Apr 25
LucemFerre:

What do you people gain in spreading fake news?

Fake news you said?

The problem is you guys aren't updated how it's going unless you have ABOKI and asked him. You only do online copy and paste and digest the info. Right now sef, it's even scarce for the over 1400. Get yourself one BDC and ask him "whatsup."

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by GenFunction: 11:41am On Apr 25
Thats why wen u stop dis guys selling coconut and the likes and u begin negotiation u hear stuffs like "its xpensive cos dollar is high" for coconut?
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by NaijaCrusader: 11:42am On Apr 25
You are right it shows instability it just reminds me of the COVID period with it's daily statistics and indication that a new killer disease was on rampage
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:43am On Apr 25
flyinnizam:
The fact that the naira exchange rate being in the news always unlike few years ago says a lot about this administration. I am sure some people knows the direction I am going to.

When it started rising exponentially you were celebrating 🙄
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by rainluv: 11:43am On Apr 25
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Just like you are doing right now. It's people like you who are all about the news concerning the exchange rate. Haba make we rest nah. Peter Obi slaves make una find better job dey do. Even when MOST of you and family members have never seen or touch Dollar in your life. Una noise just too much.

Mumu..
Is he in government or works in cbn to have such information and be dropping it as news every hour? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Dougad: 11:43am On Apr 25
Of course an APC yansh eater, specifically of the emilokan variety, would be in support of censorship of the news

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Vision101(m): 11:44am On Apr 25
flyinnizam:
Dollar obsession. No child cares about the prices of groceries so long as the Dad buys them. The day the dad orders that the child must pay for his groceries that day the child will become conscious of price.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by tunjijones(m): 11:45am On Apr 25
bennybuhari:
I wonder ooo. You don't hear about such things in other countries everyday

Have you gone to any country except Nigeria?
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by MatthiasChin: 11:45am On Apr 25
It is time for us to buy six 7 bags and store it...
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:47am On Apr 25
rainluv:

Mumu..
Is he in government or works in cbn to have such information and be dropping it as news every hour? undecided

I am wondering the same thing too.
Re: Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News by rainluv: 11:49am On Apr 25
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I am wondering the same thing too.

So why accuse him of bearing the news? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria / Another First As Firstbank’s Payment Card Hits 10 Million In Nigeria / *URGENT URGENT* fashion retail merchandising FOR NEW STORES ACCROSS NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.