Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) (20449 Views)

Market Women, State Workers Welcoming Governor Adeleke To Secretariat(photos) / Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket Caused APC’s Defeat In Lagos: Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Nollywood Actors, Actresses Go On Campaign Drive For Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by immortalcrown(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25
okoolori:
It's proven already. Just admit it nat the comment is wrong kawai.
Nobody has made any attempt to prove anything against my comment. Prove your claim or admit that your sentiment made you to misunderstand my comment.
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Misterone: 10:42pm On Apr 25
immortalcrown:
Not enough but better than the rest.
Go to Anambra and ask how much is minimum wage
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by bayplus: 10:58pm On Apr 25
socialmediaman:
Minimum wage should be passed into law for every worker, not just government workers

There should be a national minim wage but every state should be left to set its minimum wage at the same or above the national

Then many will be laid off for life.

A company struggling to survive when the minimum wage is N30k will be forced to pay double. That means end of the road for the workers.

These economy where Procter & Gamble, GSK, even PZ is planning to leave Nigeria, you want a law to force struggling private companies to pay higher. Dey Play
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by SuccessfulRichi: 11:09pm On Apr 25
robinso01:
When some states still can't pay 30k.

The states that have refused to pay the minimum salary of 30k should be stripped and be caned, they are the real thieves.

Well done to lagos
.they should be merged
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Walz001: 11:24pm On Apr 25
[quote author=NairaOcean post=129633559][/quote]
Good news from Lagos

Eko oni baje
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by SirBunky85(m): 11:28pm On Apr 25
swagana:
Still too poor. How can any man manage 70k per month? Pay them at least 300k they can manage that.
ask Otti how much he pays to Abia workers
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:29pm On Apr 25
mexioni:

Can you compare cost of living in Lagos to River state(Ph), Cross river (calabar) vis a Vis govt remuneration? My point is I think we should cut Lagos state govt some slack and commend them when they are improving in anyways. Most of us in Lagos are not from Lagos state and we dare not talk of what our own Governor's do. It's pathetic

Read my comment, read yours, ask how much for rent in calabar and port harcourt and ask how much rent in Lagos. My tenant in Ajah dey pay 3.5, that same property if na port harcourt I no go collect pass 1.5. Do you all think? Salary in London is not same in Manchester. Think think think think. Stop praising this people who are wearing wrist watches worth hundreds of millions, stop stop. Then share rubbish with you.

Minimum wage in South Africa is around 300k plus.

Una too like suffer. Even my state delta state with their useless governors over the years.

All of them both Lagos. Do 10 percent chop 90%

Celebrating short distance train in 2024, when the rest of the world don go far. All streets haven’t been tarred, no street light in every corner and streets. In 2024, still struggling for power in 2024.

All the politicians and the supporters them suppose burn all of Una. Una too support rubbish.

Papa suffer, mama suffer, pikin self say na them oooh, dey suffer too.

Thank God we left early. I for dey struggle with minimum wage, dey online too dey support rubbish,

If sunak do anyhow, we dey mend am. Here no be Nigeria wey public servant you voted in as president will be almighty, SUNAK do anyhow na remove straight.

1 Like

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Krankhead: 11:55pm On Apr 25
immortalcrown:
Not enough but better than the rest.
how much Anambra dey pay. LAGOS 70K minimum. What about Gabju master State? Let's wait for his mediocre response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Krankhead: 11:56pm On Apr 25
RevenuesBoost:
With the high cost of food,
I think minimum wage should be up to a 100k or more.

70k can only cater for one person's needs in a household.
I'm expecting to use your energy to talk to other states governor to match that of Lagos state before complaining

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Krankhead: 11:58pm On Apr 25
ppogba:
This is an opportunity for people to call out their state Governors.

Let us hope they do.
They will.not do so. Instead of that they will.be abusing Tinubu. I don't know what is wrong with some people. Some from other state will even be complaining that Lagos suppose to.pay more . Meanwhile his state governor is paying just 30k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by PHAYOL81: 12:06am On Apr 26
God bless LAGOS state
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by ekhai(m): 4:43am On Apr 26
OBASEKI HOW FAR? EDO NO BI LAGOS. CAN YOU DO BETTER?

1 Like

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by poiu44: 6:13am On Apr 26
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Morphinne: 6:53am On Apr 26
swagana:

The Best is not good enough this is one the reasons there is corruption everywhere. İmagine a family man with 70k or less every month?
Oga shift abeg. Let’s commend good things when we see them. In a country where many States have refused to pay the paltry 30k as minimum wage, someone is here offering to pay more than double and you still open mouth like chicken wey wan lay.
This is commendable coming from a State Governor.
When criticizing ppl, make sure you’re doing it in good faith and for positivity undecided
70k in a country where others still no gree pay 30k
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by DeltaBachelor(m): 7:01am On Apr 26
drimzsmoke:

A family man of 2 kids earning 70K should be stone to death, or setence to death by hanging!!!
lol. I get what you are trying to say, but situations can actually cause this. The man may be doing well financially before he lost his job/business and is now managing with the 70k. When the deed is done already, there's nothing much that can be done

1 Like

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Morphinne: 7:13am On Apr 26
tegrianonigltd:

Read my comment, read yours, ask how much for rent in calabar and port harcourt and ask how much rent in Lagos. My tenant in Ajah dey pay 3.5, that same property if na port harcourt I no go collect pass 1.5. Do you all think? Salary in London is not same in Manchester. Think think think think. Stop praising this people who are wearing wrist watches worth hundreds of millions, stop stop. Then share rubbish with you.

Minimum wage in South Africa is around 300k plus.

Una too like suffer. Even my state delta state with their useless governors over the years.

All of them both Lagos. Do 10 percent chop 90%

Celebrating short distance train in 2024, when the rest of the world don go far. All streets haven’t been tarred, no street light in every corner and streets. In 2024, still struggling for power in 2024.

All the politicians and the supporters them suppose burn all of Una. Una too support rubbish.

Papa suffer, mama suffer, pikin self say na them oooh, dey suffer too.

Thank God we left early. I for dey struggle with minimum wage, dey online too dey support rubbish,

If sunak do anyhow, we dey mend am. Here no be Nigeria wey public servant you voted in as president will be almighty, SUNAK do anyhow na remove straight.
In a country where 10% is shared while 90% Is eaten by corrupt politicians, if someone amongst them have decided to share 40 percent, the best thing to do is to commend and celebrate him at least. It’s annoying seeing comments like this and it’s particularly more annoying because it’s coming from a certain region and people. C’mon, cut these guys some slack already, they are always trying to improve and set the pace for other States to follow.
Again, are you saying Port Harcourt is not expensive? Plus why making Ajah (an upscale area) the best area for your comparison when there are many average places on the mainland?
This is akin to a lowly worker deciding to not only live in California but goes as far as renting house in a place like San Francisco or Sane Jose then coming out to blame the State government over high cost of living grin
That’s a funny and terrible comparison my friend and for your information, Rivers State is not cheap, I don’t know much about Calabar but Port Harcourt is not cheap sir!
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by swagana: 8:12am On Apr 26
Morphinne:

Oga shift abeg. Let’s commend good things when we see them. In a country where many States have refused to pay the paltry 30k as minimum wage, someone is here offering to pay more than double and you still open mouth like chicken wey wan lay.
This is commendable coming from a State Governor.
When criticizing ppl, make sure you’re doing it in good faith and for positivity undecided
70k in a country where others still no gree pay 30k

Na you need to shift with your poor mentality.
That other states are paying less doesn't make it right. What is there to celebrate that a man's monthly salary is worth price of a bag of Rice?
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by senteugene: 8:45am On Apr 26
Be like say people no hear this man well.
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Love800(m): 11:22am On Apr 26
How do one register in dis dispatch rider? How can one start it?
Adakintroy:
I do dispatch. minimum of 20k daily in Lagos. close to half a million monthly. I feel sorry for this guys with family. The only reason I mention it is because no one will believe me

Run your matter on low..learn something be positive God de. Leave government.
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Morphinne: 12:01pm On Apr 26
swagana:

Na you need to shift with your poor mentality.
That other states are paying less doesn't make it right. What is there to celebrate that a man's monthly salary is worth price of a bag of Rice?
The fact that your salary can’t buy a bag of rice is your problem not mine grin. I celebrate good things however small they are.
I celebrate anyone who decides to do the good things others have chosen to not do despite having the power. Pray to God to upgrade your life so you can afford the bag of rice undecided
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Nwaikpe: 1:06pm On Apr 26
[quote author=Babastrong post=129635692][/quote]

But your dad has shown you our picture as classmates.

Was he that promiscuous? Come on.

Don't you know that allah can only shake his small nyash in northern Nigeria and can't try it in the south.

Cretin you are.
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by swagana: 1:28pm On Apr 26
Morphinne:

The fact that your salary can’t buy a bag of rice is your problem not mine grin. I celebrate good things however small they are.
I celebrate anyone who decides to do the good things others have chosen to not do despite having the power. Pray to God to upgrade your life so you can afford the bag of rice undecided

Well, I live and work in a country that pays over 3mln naira as minimum wage. The joke is on you o.
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 1:47pm On Apr 26
swagana:

Those who are capable will pay.
Go and sit one place
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Manager88: 2:16pm On Apr 26
But y d sudden sack of Lagos water corporation 450 temporary staff ND 400 permanent staff look into dis as a good governor compensate dem both temporary ND permanent staff with millions pls
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Funkybabee(f): 4:57pm On Apr 26
How much can they save?

Please who can answer this, if your income is 70k, how much is normal to be save
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by ItswellMike: 5:20pm On Apr 26
[quote author=NairaOcean post=129633559][/quote]

Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:14pm On Apr 26
okoolori:

How much is cross river state paying it's workers?
Have you commended the Governor that is paying this N70k or you just wanna be a despicable lot.

Go back to my comment and read with understanding.

I can never be a government slave.
I am my own boss.

Also, instead of attacking my comment, comment yours and let mine be.
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:15pm On Apr 26
Krankhead:
I'm expecting to use your energy to talk to other states governor to match that of Lagos state before complaining

Go back to my comment and read with understanding.

I can never be a government slave.
I am my own boss.

Also, instead of attacking my comment, comment yours and let mine be.
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
Re: We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) by Morphinne: 9:45pm On Apr 26
swagana:

Well, I live and work in a country that pays over 3mln naira as minimum wage. The joke is on you o.
Wow, please tell us more about this grin
You’re the one lamenting over minimum wage tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha Appoints Uche Onyeagucha, Chris Okewulonu As SSG, COS / Fubara: I Would Have Punished You Long Ago – Dele Momodu Tells Wike / Marilyn Ogar Sues FG Over Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.