Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage (9014 Views)

POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso / Gbenga Omotoso: Lagos Not Trying To Protect Tinubu With Anti-Graft Law / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:24am On Apr 26
Lagosians announced it for him. cheesy
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by SKYHIGHfx: 6:25am On Apr 26
adioolayi:
Yes!!!

I don't understand what's wrong with Nigeria's media.

In the video where the wrong headlines originated from, Gov. Sanwoolu only said new minimum wage would be soon announced by the FGN and Lagos is ready. He went further to state that Lagos State Government have been paying ADDITIONAL WAGE AWARD of #35,000 since January 2024..and so, by doing this, workers that have been earning current minimum wage of NGN 35,000 have been taking home NGN 70,000.

How these statements was interpreted to mean NGN 70,000 new minimum wage by Lagos is what I also don't understand.

Our media needs to do better.

To them everything tribalism, they are irredeemable
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by Winnin009: 6:28am On Apr 26
Effects of our halfbaked educational system. Masses can’t understand basic statements.

How on earth can one interpret that to mean Lagos increased minimum wage.

It was clearly written that it was a Lagos govt intervention which began in January.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by tiswell(m): 6:48am On Apr 26
immortalcrown:
Nawa oh!

But at least, he is paying the award. The 70k is not enough but is better than the states that are not paying the award.
Anambra's minimum wage is still pegged at 18k.
Even the 10k wage award has been stopped since January.

I truly commend Sanwo Olu on this.

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by jeff1993: 7:19am On Apr 26
OAFMods:
Do you know Anambra civil servants in this 2024 are not earning the old minimum wage of ₦30,000.

This are the legacies of Peter Pandora Obi ipob n obidient miscreant won't disclose on social media. Do not take my word for it, simply ask Labour Party which Peter Pandora Obi is now a member.

My brother if earning ₦70000 in Lagos is oppression what will you now call those earning ₦18000 in this 2024 in Anambra

..... Ebot!!! Na peter obi go kee una.... Peter obi is ur Oga nemesis and worse nightmare. Instead of him yo focus on being presido, he is busy looking for wht Peter obi say and what he does not.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by 0neast: 7:33am On Apr 26
OAFMods:
Do you know Anambra civil servants in this 2024 are not earning the old minimum wage of ₦30,000.

This are the legacies of Peter Pandora Obi ipob n obidient miscreant won't disclose on social media. Do not take my word for it, simply ask Labour Party which Peter Pandora Obi is now a member.

My brother if earning ₦70000 in Lagos is oppression what will you now call those earning ₦18000 in this 2024 in Anambra

You're right. Anambra State is one helluv a shitty state..imagine how low the workers are being paid. And they still collect oil allocation. What d hell is Soludo doing with the state's allocation? @ come and answer
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by 0neast: 7:37am On Apr 26
tiswell:
Anambra's minimum wage is still pegged at 18k.
Even the 10k wage award has been stopped since January.

I truly commend Sanwo Olu on this.
What do u expect from a state governed by a hungry political party..one party system is the worst thing to have happened to Anambra since the days of Peter obi till this Dubai Taiwan scam...usêless party
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by treesun: 7:48am On Apr 26
OAFMods:

Ori yin ti gbale!

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by joefelin2345: 7:48am On Apr 26
OnionBandit:

But I just confirmed that the said payment of 35k Award since January is not true. If that is so, why telling lies in the public & dancing naked in the market square for God's sake?

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by Yong4ever: 8:19am On Apr 26
OnionBandit:

what's 70k that's he's even bragging about compared to increased revenue allocation and IGR,coupled with current high cost of living ,when you talk too much ,this is the resultant effect !!!

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by OAFMods: 10:36am On Apr 26
You two quoted me mistakenly, your message belongs to your fathers n mothers so kindly take it to them. They know what to expect from giving birth to lowlifes n nitwits.

Thank you are you so that.

treesun:

Ori yin ti gbale!
Electorate:

Do you need anyone to tell you how mentally deranged you are? you are very sick upstairs every nairalander reading the nonesense you typed knows this.
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by Electorate: 11:05am On Apr 26
OAFMods:

Do you need anyone to tell you how mentally deranged you are? you are very sick upstairs every nairalander reading the nonesense you typed knows this.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by Electorate: 11:29am On Apr 26
immortalcrown:
Nawa oh!

But at least, he is paying the award. The 70k is not enough but is better than the states that are not paying the award.

MrProlific95:
Good that it was clarified on time, because I don't know why #70,000 will be announced as new minimum wage.

Anything less than #100k is not the living wage Tinubu promised them workers

Anyways I am happy to have decide

LegendHero:
Yes that’s what he said on video by himself. But as usual, several media house have different interpretations of his statement.

—Truly, the minimum wage of any Lagos civil servant is N70k if you add the 35k to the additional wage of 35k Sanwo is paying. However, this is only applicable to those at the minimum level. Lowest level worker in the civil service.

—For workers earning above minimum wage, they only have additional 35k wage award added to their current salary and no adjustment increase with respect to minimum wage.

OnionBandit:
which one be talk too much for here? Are you new to our blogs creating sensational headlines out of every development?

Can you all screenshot where Sanwo Olu denied paying 70k minimum wage? Show us the difference of what was reported before and the explanation he is making now.

Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by liasmiram2567: 3:51pm On Apr 26
treesun:

Go and listen and watch the video. Why do you defend your oppressors without thinking, borrow brain!

It is not about supporting our oppressors.The pro lem is you did not understand what was said or you gave your own interpretation.
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by ItswellMike: 5:28pm On Apr 26
Afoonja wey oil dey hin head
LegendHero:
Yes that’s what he said on video by himself. But as usual, several media house have different interpretations of his statement.

—Truly, the minimum wage of any Lagos civil servant is N70k if you add the 35k to the additional wage of 35k Sanwo is paying. However, this is only applicable to those at the minimum level. Lowest level worker in the civil service.

—For workers earning above minimum wage, they only have additional 35k wage award added to their current salary and no adjustment increase with respect to minimum wage.
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by treesun: 11:21am On Apr 27
liasmiram2567:

[It is not about supporting our oppressors.The pro lem is you did not understand what was said or you gave your own interpretation.
Go and listen again. Same Sanwoolu that admitted 2 people died live on CNN at Lekki toll gate massacre, only to turn around nobody died. You are free to choose what you believe!
Re: Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage by OnionBandit(f): 7:13pm On Apr 27
treesun:

Go and listen again. Same Sanwoolu that admitted 2 people died live on CNN at Lekki toll gate massacre, only to turn around nobody died. You are free to choose what you believe!
abeg rest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Democracy Day Celebration / The Dirty Police Station I Saw Somewhere In Ekiti State (photos) / Osinbajo: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.