Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! (3912 Views)

meth: President Duterte Wiped Off Thousands Of Drug Lords In Philippines / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her / Lady Blocks Bankโ€™s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Bintabisiriyu2: 3:00pm On Apr 26
efembaba:
Thanks.
I didn't donate to any church POS or any POS
I don't trust anybody and I keep my stuff personal.

Yesterday when I was trying to withdraw at the bank? I noticed something new.
I was told I had to scan my card for security reasons. The stuff is on top of the machine (ATM). I tried scanning as told then I inserted my card but the whole thing started misbehaving asking me to insert my 8-16 digits pin (It was the first time I ever experienced such). I didn't fully know what the 8-16 digits meant but I inserted my ATM pin which to my surprise was visible on the screen. I immediately deleted

I strongly suspect that the guy behind me (who, together with another person who had left at this time, told me about the scanning stuff must have seen my pin when it showed on the screen.

Now the thing is, my card didn't fall down at any time and I am absolutely sure it was my card that was inserted and swallowed.

So, even if the guy I think saw my pin did, how was he able to access my card which is supposed to be in the machine.

I will be going to that bloody bank now. I hope they are ready to see a mad man

You don dey talk true small small, you no sabi use ATM? U were inserting your pin where another thing was demanded, those 2 guys also assisted you with using the atm abi?
You are being economical with the truth my brother because you have goofed. The bank will play everything that happened at the atm machine for you and your eyes go clear, i trust them.
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by descartes400: 3:00pm On Apr 26
ComeComing:

Ignorance is a disease. No dey argue wetin you no know

Those like you into fraudulent activities as experienced by the OP thinks they are knowledgeable.

1 Like

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by tiswell(m): 3:09pm On Apr 26
descartes400:

Even at that, an OTP will still have to be sent to your registered phone number to validate that specific transaction.
some sites doesn't require otp or pin to validate transactions.

2 Likes

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by MonsterVerse(m): 3:10pm On Apr 26
[b][/b]this story doesn't sound at all, just trash and unbelievable,impossible in fact..

1.how they got your 16 digits number if dey scam you through that..? How smart can someone put the number all together, where by the last number on the card are not visible from distance..

2.how they swap it as you claim, if you really think about that, you didn't give anybody your card, but you now come up with this tactic..

3.the security can never do that as you claim he is the one that go to pos to make the transaction and later return it, na lie..

Security doesn't have access to that room.. Fact..

4.whoever have access to that room can not risk his job for mere 130k..that doesn't make his three months salary..

5.the alert you show is not from third party, is obviously the owner of the card that makes that transaction..

6.bank are not the ones responsible for your loose including their staff or security services..

I hav many to say but just can't say..

Your claim doesn't sound real at all..[b][/b]
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Bintabisiriyu2: 3:11pm On Apr 26
Housing:

By scanning your ATM Card your 16 digits, expiring date and the security code at the back of your card must had been captured. The guy only waited for you to type in your pin. For the pin to show on the ATM screen the ATM must have been tampered with.

Your biggest mistake was scanning your ATM on the machine. The security guy at First will need to be questioned.
Did the security guy asked him to start scanning his card in the atm, did the security collected his card from him and withdrew his money? So how is the security guard culpable
His job requires assisting and directing customers on the atm machine queue.

1 Like

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by MonsterVerse(m): 3:14pm On Apr 26
Bintabisiriyu2:

Did the security guy asked him to start scanning his card in the atm, did the security collected his card from him and withdrew his money? So how is the security guard culpable
His job requires assisting and directing customers on the atm machine queue.
the guy story is wack..
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Bintabisiriyu2: 3:18pm On Apr 26
DanAugust2021:
Get the security guy arrested. He quickly removed the card in connivance with whoever was in charge of the ATM machine and withdrew your money. When police beat am, him go talk true.
How can you remove an ATM CARD That was stuck inside an ATM machine from the outside without going into the back of the ATM, that's impossible and bank always lock the bank building after closing hours even the security guard doesn't have access into the bank.
Make we dey talk wetin we know

1 Like

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by descartes400: 3:18pm On Apr 26
tiswell:
some sites doesn't require otp or pin to validate transactions.

Personally i have not experience otherwise because all the transactions i had carried out on sites requires an OTP sent to my phone to validate transaction after inputting my pin. Others may have experienced otherwise as you indicated.

The prospect of one's account swiped clean leaving you with just 0.00 to comfort you with is like waking up to realize your kidneys has been harvested.

5 Likes

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by efembaba(m): 3:24pm On Apr 26
The footage was not clear but it seemed he swapped it with another

ComeComing:

Sorry for your loss bro. Believe me all will be well soon.

Pls how was the guy able to swap your card. Did he exchange it with another card or what? Pardon my ignorance
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by efembaba(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26
I just mentioned what the screen brought out for me to fill in.
I didn't fill in my digits
ComeComing:

This is scary. Pls how was the guy able to memorize his 16 digits to be able to clone the card.

I need some clarification. Things are happening in this country
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by MonsterVerse(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26
Bintabisiriyu2:

How can you remove an ATM CARD That was stuck inside an ATM machine from the outside without going into the back of the ATM, that's impossible and bank always lock the bank building after closing hours even the security guard doesn't have access into the bank.
yes that's the bitter truth.. Security doesn't have access to that place..

Secondly the staff that have access to that place can't ruin his job fo mere 130k that didn't reach 2 months salary.. Na lie..
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by efembaba(m): 3:33pm On Apr 26
I already did that in the post. Check the first page.
REGINALD001:

SCREENSHOT OF THE DEBIT ALERTS ..........
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by ProjectsCityNG: 3:33pm On Apr 26
efembaba:
I already did that in the post. Check the first page.

The machine you were told to scan your card is sold on the black hack world. Once the card is swiped in, it copies the entire code in the magnetic bar code everything. And transfers it to another location. A new card is then printed within minutes with your details. Sometimes they spy your arm pin, other times they have hidden camera that is hanged around the ATM that takes photos of you entering the pin and that's all. I won't release the name.of the machine so as not to teach rubbish. It's a planned work. Go and have that security arrested. Or head to the bank and the bank will do the needful. That ATM machine has been rigged

He didn't swap your card. Tell them I said the device you entered your card for scanning stole your magnetic bar code information and another card was done at another location. Whoever handed you the device to scan your card did it.

This tech is as old as 20 years na. Make una dey read or level up knowledge na

This is what to do. They should give you the log location where the ATM was used. They should then release the CCTV footage of the user at the pinged location. This is how to catch an IT Thief

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by azidomedogo: 3:37pm On Apr 26
They have used your card to purchase a product online. With this your PIN is not required just the details on your card
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Keegan: 3:39pm On Apr 26
efembaba:
My card was with me all the while. All I did was try "scanning" on what I have come to realise is the biometrics scanner on the ATM which has has alwayd been on that machine and has stopped working for long. (I'm in the First bank right now meeting with them). Then I inserted my card in the ATM and it stuck. The security guy confirmed it both yesterday and now. He asked me to come back today

Now in the bank, the card is no where to be found.

The most important thing now is that
how can I catch the thief? Isn't there anything the bank can do to get my money back?

It may be you were in a hurry to leave and the ATM Card fell back without your knowledge.

You can only recollect your card at the nearest branch of your issuing bank. If FirstBank ATM swallow your Access Bank card, you will have to go to Access Bank for your card.
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Esthered: 3:42pm On Apr 26
Dear OP, sorry about the experience. You should have been suspicious upon the ATM asking you to scan your debit card. The machine must have been tampered with.
If you go to an ATM stand, be at alert. Don't turn your eyes away from the screen. If you see guys lurking around the ATM terminal, terminate the transaction and leave or raise alarm that the security should ask them to move.

2 Likes

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Dundalk(m): 3:45pm On Apr 26
azidomedogo:
They have used your card to purchase a product online. With this your PIN is not required just the details on your card
did you ask him either na master card or verve to come with this assumption..

Dey only buy things online with Master card, but not verve, Verve has OTP all the time..
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by davillian(m): 4:02pm On Apr 26
efembaba:
I went to a First bank ATM to make withdrawals last evening but the ATM swallowed my card. So I had to leave hoping to come back the following day (today Friday) to get my card back. On my way home, I started seeing debit alerts on my account! All the 181k in that account has been wiped off now.

The debit came from one POS/WEB PMT T GOD BLESS.

I'm so devastated right now.

I called Access bank and they said they would get back to me, I have also asked that they block the account.

Please what can I do?
Is there any hope of recovering my money back.

I AM LEFT WITH NOTHING !!!

PLEASE HELPPPP

cc: Lalasticlacla
What time in the evening
And was there anybody close to you ?
I don't know if they have started using this trick in Nigeria....
The insert a device on the mouth of the ATM that receive the card ...
Once u click eject the card doesn't come out until they remove the device the add to the ATM.
As for the pin they use a small camera to see you as you input your pin

1 Like

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by efembaba(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26
It was in the evening around 6:40pm

I'm in pains cry

Please can anyone help me with any amount? All my money was literally in that account and it's wiped off..

May God bless you..

This is my account:
Zennit bank

I will confirm it here. Even if it's 100 naira. I'll still be grateful. I have no money till eat till they pay me next week

Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

davillian:

What time in the evening
And was there anybody close to you ?
I don't know if they have started using this trick in Nigeria....
The insert a device on the mouth of the ATM that receive the card ...
Once u click eject the card doesn't come out until they remove the device the add to the ATM.
As for the pin they use a small camera to see you as you input your pin
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by hitekk: 4:15pm On Apr 26
efembaba:
It was in the evening around 6:40pm

I'm in pains cry

You supposed to have reported the incident to a nearby police station. You never can tell if something positive can come out of it.

1 Like

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by efembaba(m): 4:17pm On Apr 26
Thanks so much. I will do as advised. I will go back on Monday.
ProjectsCityNG:

The machine you were told to scan your card is sold on the black hack world. Once the card is swiped in, it copies the entire code in the magnetic bar code everything. And transfers it to another location. A new card is then printed within minutes with your details. Sometimes they spy your arm pin, other times they have hidden camera that is hanged around the ATM that takes photos of you entering the pin and that's all. I won't release the name.of the machine so as not to teach rubbish. It's a planned work. Go and have that security arrested. Or head to the bank and the bank will do the needful. That ATM machine has been rigged

He didn't swap your card. Tell them I said the device you entered your card for scanning stole your magnetic bar code information and another card was done at another location. Whoever handed you the device to scan your card did it.

This tech is as old as 20 years na. Make una dey read or level up knowledge na

This is what to do. They should give you the log location where the ATM was used. They should then release the CCTV footage of the user at the pinged location. This is how to catch an IT Thief
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Bintabisiriyu2: 4:34pm On Apr 26
MonsterVerse:
yes that's the bitter truth.. Security doesn't have access to that place..

Secondly the staff that have access to that place can't ruin his job fo mere 130k that didn't reach 2 months salary.. Na lie..
Exactly, people so quick to point out a criminal without first thinking

1 Like

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by DanAugust2021: 4:38pm On Apr 26
Bintabisiriyu2:

Read what I wrote, but very carefully this time around, then come back and edit what you have written.
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by kmaster007: 5:13pm On Apr 26
Have told him what to do
Itsrm:

You are assuming the scammer will withdraw the money from a POS agent that can easily identify him?

All the POS agent has to do is provide evidence the money was paid out. He's in no position to identify ATM cards obtained by fraud.
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Truvelisback(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26
Rexymania:
This is absolute rubbish... Who had access to your card when you left? Access back dey employ criminals?
You asked the right questions?
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by GreaterFuture(m): 7:39pm On Apr 26
Most and you commenting here are very irritating and annoying!
Why all these Sick comments littering here??!
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Bazztadewu: 7:46pm On Apr 26
Your story are lies and it does not add up.nigeria does not have such technology. No one can withdraw your money without your card.yoy have no proof to back it up. The screenshot u sent to us are fake and doctored. You are a scam. This your format no work for here. Stupid thief. U Don cast yourself.i knew the end result would be begging . Lazy fool.dont go and work for money.dey wait for mugu here to pay u. There is no ATM machine that will ask u to scan your card,if it were only scanning,there won't be a need to go to the ATM stand or even a hole to put your card. You are a scammer and a big thief. No one will give u 1naira.no one will buy your cheap story.u think yoy are talking to fools here.stupid beggar and liar . U even bleeped up. Time of transaction according to your fake alert is showing date. How does date translate to time. U are a daft scammer.dunce

According to your lies. You dunce,when u get debited of an amount,you instantly see your balance immediately.youbare a scammer. When ubgot debited of 50k,from the so called fake amount,your balance is supposed to be ,81,326 naira. But rather your balance was now how much. You are a scam fake doctored alert to make it look like its real. I repeat you are a scam. Now minus the 81,136 .what will be your balance. The mumu nonget sense on scamming.thief

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Trojan8(m): 7:47pm On Apr 26
Using a machine with "God bless" to scam is razz.
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by efembaba(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26
Hmm are you really sure of what you are saying?

The screen shots arw doctored??

It's not your fault. May God not allow you to be scammed of ALL your money

Bazztadewu:
Your story are lies and it does not add up.nigeria does not have such technology. No one can withdraw your money without your card.yoy have no proof to back it up. The screenshot u sent to us are fake and doctored. You are a scam. This your format no work for here. Stupid thief. U Don cast yourself.i knew the end result would be begging . Lazy fool.dont go and work for money.dey wait for mugu here to pay u. There is no ATM machine that will ask u to scan your card,if it were only scanning,there won't be a need to go to the ATM stand or even a hole to put your card. You are a scammer and a big thief. No one will give u 1naira.no one will buy your cheap story.u think yoy are talking to fools here.stupid beggar and liar . U even bleeped up. Time of transaction according to your fake alert is showing date. How does date translate to time. U are a daft scammer.dunce

According to your lies. You dunce,when u get debited of an amount,you instantly see your balance immediately.youbare a scammer. When ubgot debited of 50k,from the so called fake amount,your balance is supposed to be ,81,326 naira. But rather your balance was now how much. You are a scam fake doctored alert to make it look like its real. I repeat you are a scam. Now minus the 81,136 .what will be your balance. The mumu nonget sense on scamming.thief
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Nistevea(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26
The same thing happens to me on the 3rd of April this year. At FCMB Atm, lagere, Ile-ife, osun state with my GTB card. The same claim of card swap was given to me as the cause. Which is a big fat lie. Criminal are part of bank staff nowadays that's just the truth.

3 Likes

Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by sheanzy(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26
descartes400:

Even at that, an OTP will still have to be sent to your registered phone number to validate that specific transaction.

Wetin u no know pass you, that's all I can say
Re: All My Money Just Got WIPED OFF!!! by Growing(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26
I feel for you brother.

Losing such an amount in this economy?

God replenish you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Worst Terrorist Attacks In The History (pics) / The / This Creepy Facts Will Twist Your Mind (warning- Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.