Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ (19729 Views)

Tribapay Is Still The Most Reliable For Dollar Cards Because Of Customer Care / Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand / Naira May Depreciate To 386/dollar In H2 —pwc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Nairalander248: 3:30pm On Apr 26
"Babalegba: Wow, sense will not kee you.The best thing for you to do right now is to sell all your belongings,car hous and land. Then get a huge loan and buy dollars now after all you'll be doubling your money in eight months time. Easy money for you. Put your money where your mouth is."

Babalegba How far? If I tell you before end of 2024 dollar go hit 2000/$ you will still open your mouth waaaaa.
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by nedekid: 3:32pm On Apr 26
Treadway:
for real?? Bubu reduced it to $20 limit per month in like 2021/2022. Since then, I no even bother to use card buy anything abroad again. Any idea when the embargo was lifted? If no be say na you type, and I know you on here, I for say na lie.

Modified: I see you have provided more info on the bank/card, but still I'm curious. Does this mean even since back then wey dem place the embargo, you were able to bypass all that with the providus card?
It never stopped with providus bank.
When all other bankcards were blocked, my kids were still able to shop online as their bank was providus. Infact to pay our YouTube premium, Netflix etc we had to use the kids cards. This then prompted me to make further enquiry and then opened account with the bank and got my platinum card.

Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by sirblend: 3:37pm On Apr 26
Honestey:
Aisha Yesufu and her band of haters must be so happy now. She said keep your dollars closed and now we are sliding back to 1900. Good people of Nigeria must keep these enemies farrrr away from Aso Rock

How has Aisha Yesufu caused an increase in the value of dollar to Naira.

1 Like

Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by lmay18(f): 3:39pm On Apr 26
I honestly don’t understand, if official rate is N1,420 why is GTB buying buying for N1,000?

Who will sell their dollars on these platforms if they feel they are not getting fair rates?

If they don’t sell why won’t be scarcity?

Meanwhile you can’t really buy from them directly on that platform, you can only sell.

Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by pquaver(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26
Blazetrailer:

Just wow!!... imagine how the citizenry 🤔 No winder they have idiots as leaders

Somethings are above ur IQ grade, pls pass.. U can never understand incentives.. Ewu
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by LadyRosa(f): 3:44pm On Apr 26
dreamxhaser:

I dey favour me. So let it rise jor

As e reduce nothing favour me

Been a patriotic ended in 2023 (for me). I dont care if the country collapse now. Na to save funds JAPA

My brother japa, but avoid Uk
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by sonnie10: 3:54pm On Apr 26
People keep talking about production, but the question is what can Nigeria really produce to compete in the international markets?
China and other Asian countries have flooded the world with cheap consumers goods.
Even agricultural produce will be hard. Produce like wheat, maize, palm oil , cocoa etc are dominated by others .
The best bet for Nigeria is in value chain. Add value to what is already available. Refine your own petroleum products, build lithium battery plants, increase cement production, create a reliable robust medical tourism sector, build cottage industries for teaming youth population.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Babalegba(m): 4:30pm On Apr 26
Nairalander248:

"Babalegba: Wow, sense will not kee you.The best thing for you to do right now is to sell all your belongings,car hous and land. Then get a huge loan and buy dollars now after all you'll be doubling your money in eight months time. Easy money for you. Put your money where your mouth is."

Babalegba How far? If I tell you before end of 2024 dollar go hit 2000/$ you will still open your mouth waaaaa.

Presently,there are market distortions but it will still not get to 2000 .Cardoso should have kept his mouth shut about not defending the naira but he talked because of the accusations of some nigerians.
Nigerians are the worst enemies of Nigeria,but still the reforms are yet to kick in and refineries are not yet working. It means that the economy is yet to start firing.
When things are in place we should see a huge fundamental turnaround for the naira . No shaking.
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by tnerro1(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26
abbasajao:
The sabotages have started mobbing the dollars in circulation.

Like yayaha bello ba?
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by fabolouz1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 26
We import virtually everything in Nigeria but nevertheless it's still artificial .
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by fabolouz1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26
Politicians hoard dollars in their homes some have forgotten where , if all these are mopped up , one can only imagine the positive effect this will have on the local currency .
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by patrickcollins: 4:56pm On Apr 26
Namaster:
Tinubu did not understand the meaning of floating the Naira before they implemented it. The ARTIFICIAL Naira appreciation in the past few weeks is simply because the CBN had been furnishing BDCs with dollars at absurd rates.

Now that they've been called out for depleting the Foreign Reserves by trying to defend the Naira, they've cut back a little and Naira is finding its real baseline.

Fun fact: it's NOT there yet. The exchange rate will get worse.

I wonder how he made first class in Accounting from Chicago State University
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by patrickcollins: 4:59pm On Apr 26
Honestey:
Aisha Yesufu and her band of haters must be so happy now. She said keep your dollars closed and now we are sliding back to 1900. Good people of Nigeria must keep these enemies farrrr away from Aso Rock
The enemies of Nigerians are the ones in Aso Rock who does trial and error method on our economy, floating Naira which got worser and reverting back when all the damages have been done
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by bigiyaro(m): 5:03pm On Apr 26
dauntless15:
Look how ridiculous you sound cheesy one individual is powerful enough to singlehandedly manipulate your currency from another nation, what does that tell you about you and your currency? You'd rather blame something than fix your problems cuz blaming is easier for incompetent people, excuses upon excuses, it's alway someone's fault, Bunch of clueless and paranoid people blinded by ethnic bigotry and blind loyalty which deprives you of the ability to be logical when reasoning, that is if you even reason at all.
bros, wetin you wantt make I talk? Shey dem say na binance dey manipulate the naira( a software company abroad manupulating the currency of African Giant grin grin grin)you should be able to recognize sarcasm when you see one.
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Blazetrailer: 5:17pm On Apr 26
pquaver:

Somethings are above ur IQ grade, pls pass.. U can never understand incentives.. Ewu

Truly, its above my IQ for citizens to think exchange rates are influenced by monthly salaries

...wow! wow!! wow!!!.. truly in the land of the double idiots.......the idiots rule
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Exceed15: 5:19pm On Apr 26
Shame on those who voted this calamity.
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by callmevirus(m): 7:40pm On Apr 26
Abuja91:
This is where reno comes in

Unfortunately he won't say anything about the rise& fall of naira,he's busy looking for schools and churches built and commissioned by Peter Obi
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by REALretep(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26
Let us continue to deceive ourselves in this country
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Leo588(m): 8:27pm On Apr 26
To use for what?
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by pquaver(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26
Blazetrailer:

Truly, its above my IQ for citizens to think exchange rates are influenced by monthly salaries

...wow! wow!! wow!!!.. truly in the land of the double idiots.......the idiots rule

No diaspora remittance comes from ur papa pocket.. Only a complete dull...ard..inho doesn't know majority of Nigeria abroad are salary earners.. Very daft thing.. I told u.. It is more than ur IQ.. It didn't dey be say e didn't dey u can't force it.
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Kingcid: 8:49pm On Apr 26
Honestey:
Shattap and blame your government
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Blazetrailer: 9:24pm On Apr 26
pquaver:

No diaspora remittance comes from ur papa pocket.. Only a complete dull...ard..inho doesn't know majority of Nigeria abroad are salary earners.. Very daft thing.. I told u.. It is more than ur IQ.. It didn't dey be say e didn't dey u can't force it.

.....wow!..wow!!..wow!!! ......the more he wrote, the clearer it became he is a dunderhead. I am sure this one will be classifying himself as an educated one. God have mercy!
Guy, let me leave you alone to swallow in your stupidity....it is clearer to me why Nigeria will never get a thinker as a leader...with citizenry that thinks like this....exchange rates fluctuate because of salaries.....God have mercy!!!
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by pquaver(m): 10:00pm On Apr 26
Blazetrailer:

.....wow!..wow!!..wow!!! ......the more he wrote, the clearer it became he is a dunderhead. I am sure this one will be classifying himself as an educated one. God have mercy!
Guy, let me leave you alone to swallow in your stupidity....it is clearer to me why Nigeria will never get a thinker as a leader...with citizenry that thinks like this....exchange rates fluctuate because of salaries.....God have mercy!!!

As eeh ur iti is beyond redemption.. Run away with your tails between ur legs jare.. Very big illiterate.. Go and find out what diaspora remittance is and how it contributes to Nigeria forex reserves ewu before u disgrace ur whole generation... Very proud illiterate.. Ur people wasted money sending u to school.. The more u write the more people see how stark an illiterate u r.. Yes diaspora remittance can affect the valuue of the naira.. Go and ask the little educated obidients make dem help because as i see u.. U r among the lowest of the lowest.. Those wey no even enter primary school cos cheap phone u come online dey form wetin pass ur IQ level.. Better ignore this topic e pass u.. U no reach
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by tefund(m): 10:12pm On Apr 26
nedekid:

Providus bank.
The normal one has limit of around $300 monthly for online purchases. It does not work abroad. I use the platinum card which works abroad and online with a $3k monthly limit.
The platinum card gives access to executive lounges at the airport in Abuja and Lagos and others abroad. Guess what, it is only ₦4k to get the card.
It is a regular naira card that deducts from your naira account.
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Blazetrailer: 1:12am On Apr 27
pquaver:

As eeh ur iti is beyond redemption.. Run away with your tails between ur legs jare.. Very big illiterate.. Go and find out what diaspora remittance is and how it contributes to Nigeria forex reserves ewu before u disgrace ur whole generation... Very proud illiterate.. Ur people wasted money sending u to school.. The more u write the more people see how stark an illiterate u r.. Yes diaspora remittance can affect the valuue of the naira.. Go and ask the little educated obidients make dem help because as i see u.. U r
among the lowest of the lowest.. Those wey no even enter primary school cos cheap phone u come online dey form wetin pass ur IQ level.. Better ignore this topic e pass u.. U no reach

....hhmmm!!...Abraham Lincoln said...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubts"

.......if only you had kept quiet..if you did not state what you thought you might be wrong about or what you are incapable of comprehending... how could we have known that you are this daft and empty headed?...in your mind, you have written something intelligent...omashey o!....kai!! IQ indeed!!. Lol!!

Going by your dense and warped conjecture up there,it then means the Chinese Yen, the Indian Rupee, Mexican Peso, Philippines Peso and Egyptian pound(top five countries with the highest diaspora remittances according to the World bank), with home remiitances far in excess of what Nigerians remit back home, will be having their currencies fluctuate up and down at the end of every month due to people collecting salaries and remitting back home. HABA!!! All global data from world bank stated otherwise

Try use your phone and data to do some intellectual research(not that you are capable of any comprehension though,going by the gibberish you have been spewing and foaming in the mouth) before making asinine statements and digging into the hole of stupidity to assert your idiocy or defend puerility.

The moment you started your statement by saying you may be wrong, I knew an imbecillic sputum was coming out. If you were not sure, and knew you could be wrong, you should not have spurted that imbecillic statement that made us aware you are a fool and a retard. You removed all doubts, without bias, that you are incapable of any rational thinking by nature's endowment.....

As I said, in a country of double idiots, they jointly appoint a senior idiot as their leader. NIGERIA will never get it right with poor thinking citizenry like you...
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by pquaver(m): 6:50am On Apr 27
Blazetrailer:

Small sense u no get.. You talk of china.. Is china not an exporting country? Is the diaspora remittance to china + exports is it not part of the strength of the yen? U spent the whole night googling yet it still flew over ur head.. You are so dum that if them give u expo u will still fail.. I have told u to leave the topic ur brain no reach.. U the form i know.. The more u write the more u make a mockery
tefund:
Thanks for the info.
of ur self.. Ewu go school u no gree na u dey disgrace ur generation online because of obi.. Anu mpam.. Abeg go hide ur ignorance

Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Blazetrailer: 2:02pm On Apr 27
pquaver:

Small sense u no get.. You talk of china.. Is china not an exporting country? Is the diaspora remittance to china + exports is it not part of the strength of the yen? U spent the whole night googling yet it still flew over ur head.. You are so dum that if them give u expo u will still fail.. I have told u to leave the topic ur brain no reach.. U the form i know.. The more u write the more u make a mockery of ur self.. Ewu go school u no gree na u dey disgrace ur generation online because of obi.. Anu mpam.. Abeg go hide ur ignorance

grin....wow wow wow!!! Buffonery of the highest order confirmed...what a weak response....signs of someone who did not know what he was writing in the first place....see the so called IQ....

The question is...those countries with far higher diaspora remittances(9.6%, 6%, and 6 1% of GDP for Phillipnes, Egypt and Mexico respectively in 2022 according to world bank data), do they have their exchange rates fluctuate month on month because thier people get salaries and are remitted? Then how is Nigeria special here?.....a country with far less diasporan remiitances than those countries and with same or similar % of foreign remittance contribution to their GDP. Think...idiot....think!!!

Olodo buruku....who gave birth to didirin like this..

By the way I am 7 hours behind your country in time zone...dont need to spend the night in dealing with a dunderhead like you about what I learnt in secondary. school.
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by gtassure: 4:36pm On Apr 27
Exceed15:
Shame on those who voted this calamity.
Shame on your fada!
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by pquaver(m): 6:32pm On Apr 27
Blazetrailer:

grin....wow wow wow!!! Buffonery of the highest order confirmed...what a weak response....signs of someone who did not know what he was writing in the first place....see the so called IQ....

The question is...those countries with far higher diaspora remittances(9.6%, 6%, and 6 1% of GDP for Phillipnes, Egypt and Mexico respectively in 2022 according to world bank data), do they have their exchange rates fluctuate month on month because thier people get salaries and are remitted? Then how is Nigeria special here?.....a country with far less diasporan remiitances than those countries and with same or similar % of foreign remittance contribution to their GDP. Think...idiot....think!!!

Olodo buruku....who gave birth to didirin like this..

By the way I am 7 hours behind your country in time zone...dont need to spend the night in dealing with a dunderhead like you about what I learnt in secondary. school.

I thought u will just a dimwit with low IQ, i didn't know u r a stark illiterate with no hope of recovery.. The Answer to the question was in the tex.. Simple Exports based on a production economy.. That is why their do not fluctuate.. Go school u say na illiterate u wan be... U dey ask questions simple google go help... Sha u no go fit understand be the koko... Even though it is clear that exchange rate is determined by certain factors.. (S in a now means plural olodo) of which diaspora remittance is one of the factors.. The major being exports.. Even though it was in the write up, the idiot and illiterate in u just couldn't grab it.. Like wike said.. It didn't dey is it didn't dey.. You can never in your life understand the positive effects of the diaspora remittance on our non-production based economy.. Because u just dont have it.. No be curse .. It is evidently clear that a dog will understand it faster than u can ever... Someone who does not understand the variable and parameters for simple comparison.. E clear in the text yet u cant comprehend.. The first step in basic education in primary school is comprehension, so it clearly shows u didn't even go to primary school not to talk of being educated.. As i said the topic is above you leave it..
So for the insult...

See this useless dog.. Wey im generation no even get sense.. I no blame you.. Na ur papa wey get useless illiterate genologyi blame.. Go carry iti like him marry come the populate every with low life wey no get thinking faculties.. Thank God you know You are 7 lightyears behind me not just in timezone alone... And that behind u will always remain.. Ewu.. U wan use style tell me u no dey Nigeria.. Mehn for ur pocket.. No where for this world wey i wan go wey i never go.. U think everyone na riffrat like u. Yes enjoy ur united state of Aba.. Ikpu zaa kwa nne gi..
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Blazetrailer: 7:05pm On Apr 27
Just wow!

He is not only a retard with a genetically inducced down syndrome, and, obviously, a very low self esteem too....he was not even brought up well.... whenever you see any one on social media resorting to cursing, abusing or making derogatory remarks about people's parents when they have been found out to be empty headed or they are out of ideas, it is very easy to know where they were born and brought up......"the gutters".."trenches" ...."slums".

....little wonder he could think people collecting salaries at month ends is a major determinant of global exchange rates.....oponu agbalagba! Omo toyi o gbon!! Wonponu whesu!!..shioor!!!

I'm baffled and will be shocked if a woman will consider this "thing" worthy enough to be called her man, talkmore of opening her legs for "it" or allow "it" to climb ber....despicable

As for the rubbish and foaming in the mouth you wrote down there....I refused to read it since it's been established here and confirmed by yourself that you stupidity is not in doubt. Dont want my sanity to be corrupted by one gutter dude with down syndrome and chrinic mow self esteem...Lol!

Just wow!!!!! God please don't give me a retard like this for a child...I am on my knees

pquaver:

I thought u will just a dimwit with low IQ, i didn't know u r a stark illiterate with no hope of recovery.. The Answer to the question was in the tex.. Simple Exports based on a production economy.. That is why their do not fluctuate.. Go school u say na illiterate u wan be... U dey ask questions simple google go help... Sha u no go fit understand be the koko... Even though it is clear that exchange rate is determined by certain factors.. (S in a now means plural olodo) of which diaspora remittance is one of the factors.. The major being exports.. Even though it was in the write up, the idiot and illiterate in u just couldn't grab it.. Like wike said.. It didn't dey is it didn't dey.. You can never in your life understand the positive effects of the diaspora remittance on our non-production based economy.. Because u just dont have it.. No be curse .. It is evidently clear that a dog will understand it faster than u can ever... Someone who does not understand the variable and parameters for simple comparison.. E clear in the text yet u cant comprehend.. The first step in basic education in primary school is comprehension, so it clearly shows u didn't even go to primary school not to talk of being educated.. As i said the topic is above you leave it..
So for the insult...

See this useless dog.. Wey im generation no even get sense.. I no blame you.. Na ur papa wey get useless illiterate genologyi blame.. Go carry iti like him marry come the populate every with low life wey no get thinking faculties.. Thank God you know You are 7 lightyears behind me not just in timezone alone... And that behind u will always remain.. Ewu.. U wan use style tell me u no dey Nigeria.. Mehn for ur pocket.. No where for this world wey i wan go wey i never go.. U think everyone na riffrat like u. Yes enjoy ur united state of Aba.. Ikpu zaa kwa nne gi..
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Blazetrailer: 8:34pm On Apr 27
shocked shocked....this is the most stupid post of the year...lol...government devalues currency as an incentive for diasporan remittance.....kaiiii

pquaver:

I might be wrong but maybe it intentional as incentive for diaspora remittance end of month after the inflow the will resume again.. This na end of month many diaspora are getting ready for salary..
Re: Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ by Blazetrailer: 8:46pm On Apr 27
I have got 3 PMs already with nairalanders confirming that this dude, pquaver,is the official buffon and court idiot of nairaland, according to them, based on other threads....one stated that he suspects "she" is a paid APC online warrior.

Little wonder. I have been wasting my time responding to a genetically down fellow. I never knew "her" stupidity was of this level. For anonymous people to regard "her" as as the most obvious slowpoke on nairaland...it is deserved....indeed!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms / Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote / Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.