Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Police Brutality In America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Brutality In America (1451 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / Man Alleges Police Brutality At Sango Police Station, Ibadan (photos) / Shocking Police Brutality On An Occupy Lagos Protester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 20, 2011
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 20, 2011
I expect all those who must compare nigeria to the US to come bashing the US police.These set of Nigerians now living as second class citizens where they are, are so quick to judge the system in Nigeria but behave as the ostritch when in comes to the western countries.Everything western world is good to them and everything African is bad to them.Modern day colonial enslavement in operation!!!
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 20, 2011
Police brutality is everywhere.

The real comparison  is how often victims get justice from police brutality, if strong evidence against the police is presented.

In Nigeria, like someone said, even if you present a video of police brutality, they'd deny it and claim that the video is from a Nollywood scene.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Police brutality is everywhere.

The real comparison  is how often victims get justice from police brutality, if strong evidence against the police is presented.

In Nigeria, like someone said, even if you present a video of police brutality, they'd deny it and claim that the video is from a Nollywood scene.

Police claim the protesters were warned repeatedly that force would be used if they didn't move.

The police in the states have started to deny this too.My sister they are all the same everywhere,it is just a matter of technology.With technology like cctv camera etc. police in western countries will of course conduct themselves properly.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 20, 2011
Ozin:

[/b]

Police claim the protesters were warned repeatedly that force would be used if they didn't move.

The police in the states have started to deny this too.My sister they are all the same everywhere,it is just a matter of technology.With technology like cctv camera etc. police in western countries will of course conduct themselves properly.

Police are humans and humans are the same everywhere. No one denies that.

Technologies and advanced laws have refined police of America into finer models than Nigerians, ON AVERAGE. Not saying that all police men in America represents the law correctly or that they can commit no wrong. However, on avg, American police officers not only enforce the law, but they're forced to follow them accordingly.

In Nigeria, your avg police officer is a daylight robber {some of them work in the night time too}

If advance technologies and Law modifications in  is what it's going to take to fix Nigeria's police force, then why don't we focs on those aspects. Instead of justifying Nigeria police force's animalistic behaviors by comparing them to a more civilize nation.

PS: There was a time I was playing tennis with a friend. Our balls shamefully went over the fence and into a hole. A police officer who was driving by stopped to help retrieve those balls, seeing that we were having a hard time getting them. Such humane characteristics cannot be found in the avg Nigerian police officers.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Police are humans and humans are the same everywhere. No one denies that.

Technologies and advanced laws have refined police of America into finer models than Nigerians, ON AVERAGE. Not saying that all police men in America represents the law correctly or that they can commit no wrong. However, on avg, American police officers not only enforce the law, but they're forced to follow them accordingly.

In Nigeria, your avg police officer is a daylight robber {some of them work in the night time too}

If advance technologies and Law modifications in  is what it's going to take to fix Nigeria's police force, then why don't we focs on those aspects. Instead of justifying Nigeria police force's animalistic behaviors by comparing them to a more civilize nation.

PS: There was a time I was playing tennis with a friend. Our balls shamefully went over the fence and into a hole. A police officer who was driving by stopped to help retrieve those balls, seeing that we were having a hard time getting them. Such humane characteristics cannot be found in the avg Nigerian police officers.
Sis I totally agree with u, but also want u to know it will get better.and also to let you know I have in the past been treated politely and in a civil way by some Nigeria police men.They have thier short comings,but dont want to join the bandwagon of those who strongly believe they are totally bad.Take away the so called"corrupt and underperformed" Nigerian police away from the public for a month and let us see how peaceful the country will be.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 20, 2011
Ozin:

Sis I totally agree with u, but also want u to know it will get better.and also to let you know I have in the past been treated politely and in a civil way by some Nigeria police men.They have thier short comings,but dont want to join the bandwagon of those who strongly believe they are totally bad.Take away the so called"corrupt and underperformed" Nigerian police away from the public for a month and let us see how peaceful the country will be.

We're not saying they are all totally bad. We're talking about the avg Nigerian policeman here.
Yea, it's going to get better. Indeed wink
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 20, 2011
Ozin:

I expect all those who must compare nigeria to the US to come bashing the US police.These set of Nigerians now living as second class citizens where they are, are so quick to judge the system in Nigeria but behave as the ostritch when in comes to the western countries.Everything western world is good to them and everything African is bad to them.Modern day colonial enslavement in operation!!!

peddle this bs somewhere else

in the west police do not get away with stuff like this onc they are caught.

in nigeria . . .nothing needs to be said.

perhaps if you or someone close to you is a victim of the govt thugs in black, you won't be spamming the board wit hthis lamebrain idiotic attempt to make excuses for what is an unmitigated national disgrace and a threat to average nigerian.

maybe you're from that class of nigerians for whom police are little more than meek and humble orderlies. door openers and purse carriers - that must be where this spirited 'police brutality happens in other countries' is coming from

nonsense
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 20, 2011
oyb:

peddle this bs somewhere else

perhaps if you or someone close to you is a victim of the govt thugs in black, you won't be spamming the board wit hthis lamebrain idiotic attempt to make excuses for what is an unmitigated national disgrace and a threat to average nigerian.

maybe you're from that class of nigerians for whom police are little more than meek and humble orderlies. door openers and purse carriers - that must be where this spirited 'police brutality happens  in other countries' is coming from

nonsense

You dont even know me to make such wild assumption.I am unfortunately for you from a very humble background but worked hard in life while in nigeria to find myself where I am today.I have travelled and stayed in europe and the states, but live and work in Australia.I dont have that kind of money to spend foolishly to anybody like a policeman.From your statement above,it is obvious u will do everything u stated above if u find urself in a position of affluence and power.Unfortunately,you will never get their by such a mindset.Not everybody who speaks well about the country Nigeria gain from the system.You need to grow up and know you as an individual must live ur life above board before passing judgement on anybody or institution.I am so very sure if we X-ray ur life and put u on a moral scale,we will find u wanting in morality.People like u can come on nairaland and pretend to be "holier than thou" but I thank God ur consience will at the end of the be ur judge.I love the country Nigeria and I am positive things can change for the better,and that change will not come unless we start doing things aright especially if there is no one watching.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Kobojunkie: 6:58am On Nov 20, 2011
Ozin:

You dont even know me to make such wild assumption.I am unfortunately for you from a very humble background but worked hard in life while in nigeria to find myself where I am today.I have travelled and stayed in europe and the states, but live and work in Australia.I dont have that kind of money to spend foolishly to anybody like a policeman.From your statement above,it is obvious u will do everything u stated above if u find urself in a position of affluence and power.Unfortunately,you will never get their by such a mindset.Not everybody who speaks well about the country Nigeria gain from the system.You need to grow up and know you as an individual must live your life above board before passing judgement on anybody or institution.I am so very sure if we X-ray your life and put u on a moral scale,we will find u wanting in morality.People like u can come on nairaland and pretend to be "holier than thou" but I thank God your consience will at the end of the be your judge.I love the country Nigeria and I am positive things can change for the better,and that change will not come unless we start doing things aright especially if there is no one watching.

You say he should not judge you, yet you FREELY judged him afterwards undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Things CAN Change DOES NOT EQUATE TO things have changed, or things have already begun to changing. What he is telling you is that the reality, for millions in Nigeria, is nothing close to what you attempt to paint here. He lives in Nigeria . . You in Aussie. Do you think you can speak of the Nigerian police better than he who experiences these men on a daily basis? Do you think you can speak of American police than those of us who live here and experience these people on a regular basis?

I am with him on this on . . . CUT THE BULL!!
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You say he should not judge you, yet you FREELY judged him afterwards  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Things CAN Change DOES NOT EQUATE TO things have changed, or things have already begun to changing. What he is telling you is that the reality, for millions in Nigeria, is nothing close to what you attempt to paint here.  He lives in Nigeria  . . You in Aussie. Do you think you can speak of the Nigerian police better than he who experiences these men on a daily basis? Do you think you can speak of American police than those of us who live here and experience these people on a regular basis?

I am with him on this on . . . CUT THE BULL!!

[b]I expect all those who must compare nigeria to the US to come bashing the US police.These set of Nigerians now living as second class citizens where they are, are so quick to judge the system in Nigeria but behave as the ostritch when in comes to the western countries.Everything western world is good to them and everything African is bad to them.Modern day colonial enslavement in operation!!!
[/b

The bolded is for people like you.That you live in the States does not mean you know everything that goes on there,so stop playing the ostritch.I may not live in the US on a permanent bases like u do,but i of course have stayed there so many times and visited with friends and family there as well.The major drug and crime market in the world is the US,how does these drugs and arms used in operation get into the public if the system is perfect and there are no corrupt security operatives.I challenge people like you and other Nigeria bashers to a real life debate by exposing our individual lifestyles from age 10 to our present age.I love to be real and not hide in the name of Nairaland and dish out lies,sentiments when we can not be proud of what we do in our closet.I love Nigeria and there is nothing people like u can do about that!
Re: Police Brutality In America by Kobojunkie: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2011
Ozin:

The bolded is for people like you.That you live in the States does not mean you know everything that goes on there,so stop playing the ostritch.I may not live in the US on a permanent bases like u do,but i of course have stayed there so many times and visited with friends and family there as well.The major drug  and crime market in the world is the US,how does these drugs and arms used in operation get into the public if the system is perfect and there are no corrupt security operatives.I challenge people like you and other Nigeria bashers to a real life debate by exposing our individual lifestyles from age 10 to our present age.I love to be real and not hide in the name of Nairaland and dish out lies,sentiments when we can not be proud of what we do in our closet.I love Nigeria and there is nothing people like u can do about that!

OK! So, you do not live in the US, but you are telling me that the policemen I encounter daily here in the US are not real . . .  but are really evil in their closet?

You don't live in the US or in Nigeria but you can definitely compare police in the US to police in Nigeria and reach a more rational conclusion that persons who actually live on a permanent basis in the US or in Nigeria?? Sigh

A Nigeria who lives full-time in Nigeria came on to tell you that you are full of crap, and proceeds to tell you why he feels that way. Instead of you considering that you do not have it all figured out, you choose instead to attack him(because you feel judged by his post), rather than his suggestion. However, you feel to flex your muscles when someone in the US agrees that you are likely more naive than you think? Sigh!!!!

What time is it? 12:20 am ,  . . . this is the stupidity you want to drag me into so you can claim you have debated @Kobojunkie? Nonsense!!!
Re: Police Brutality In America by Jakumo(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2011
I have ZERO sympathy for the occupy Wall Street free-loaders, and all the other monkeys aping their stupidity in Western cities around the world .  The smelly squatters evidently consist mainly of spoilt rich kids, in a very odd collaboration with loud-mouthed career welfare-mothers who expect that the government OWES them money, without them having to lift a finger to engage in any actual work.  Those sloth-lazy dickheads should be sent to serve in Afghanistan, to better understand what true misery is like.

Those couch-potato "protesters" should have been tear-gassed, pepper-sprayed and arrested en-masse LONG ago, after which their silly tents should have been scraped up into dumpsters for incineration, along with the foul garbage strewn about by the "I refuse to work" crowd.

My protest will begin soon.  I demand that Uncle Sam provide me with a Beverly Hills estate, where I can acquire carnal knowledge from jiggly-jugged young women in tiny bikinis beside the pool.    I demand a bank account that NEVER empties, no matter how much money I squander on toys, whims and pleasures, and I will continue to scream like a lunatic until ALL my demands are met.
Re: Police Brutality In America by tpia5: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2011
i just watched this on cnn.

na wa oh.

the officer just strolled casually down the line, spraying directly into their faces.

lord have mercy.

hope they had kerosene handy since i heard that's the antidote though i dont know how true that is.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Jakumo(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2011
Yeah, well, pepper spray is most effective when directed at the face.   Those officers were gently administering what is known colloquially as an "attitude adjustment".      The policemen are showing tough love to the lazy couch potatoes, to prepare their confused minds for the few days they will likely spend in the pokey, after a fair trial for public disorder.

Hopefully the protesters will go and look for jobs, after their stay in the slammer.   Good deal.  Reality is a muffugguh,  but it is all there is, or will ever be.    In short, work for money, or steal it at your own risk, but stop shrieking at the government to spoon-feed your lazy asz, since that will NEVER happen in this or any lifetime.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

OK! So, you do not live in the US, but you are telling me that the policemen I encounter daily here in the US are not real . . .  but are really evil in their closet?

You don't live in the US or in Nigeria but you can definitely compare police in the US to police in Nigeria and reach a more rational conclusion that persons who actually live on a permanent basis in the US or in Nigeria?? Sigh

A Nigeria who lives full-time in Nigeria came on to tell you that you are full of crap, and proceeds to tell you why he feels that way. Instead of you considering that you do not have it all figured out, you choose instead to attack him(because you feel judged by his post), rather than his suggestion. However, you feel to flex your muscles when someone in the US agrees that you are likely more naive than you think? Sigh!!!!

What time is it? 12:20 am ,  . . . this is the stupidity you want to drag me into so you can claim you have debated @Kobojunkie? Nonsense!!!

Mrs. America part one in operation.Look here kobo or cents,I personally wont join issues with blind bats who do not have any stake in Nigeria like yourself but for your rude incursion into my world.I deliberately ignore your kinds here on nairaland: full of poo and nothing in your life to change your fellow africans except to sit back on nairaland 24/7 dishing out false stories about the eldorado they live.I repeat and you can go drink ac-id.There is no perfect police anywhere in the world including the country u are,so wake up to reality and know your American fantasy on nairaland is for those who dont know the truth. Bloody - twarts!!!
Re: Police Brutality In America by werepeLeri: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2011
Poster.

Some die hard goons will defend America with their last blood. Even though - like you said - they are "second class" citizens in America- I love that phrase - second class.

LOL. And most of them are so broke and bored out of their nerves, hence they spend their entire life on NairaLand.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2011
werepeLeri:

Poster.

Some die hard goons will defend America with their last blood. Even though - like you said - they are "second class" citizens in America- I love that phrase - second class.

LOL. And most of them are so broke and bored out of their nerves, hence they spend their entire life on NairaLand.

LOL!!!

Are Nigerians not currently 4th class citizens to their politicians and rich 1% upper class?

C'mon, you have a kid who was gang ra ped, with a video evidence to prove it. Yet you have the state Gov and University dean coming out to call it a hoax. So who exactly are the 1st class citizens in Nigeria?

Suffering and smiling.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2011
Police are the same everywhere black or white
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Police are the same everywhere black or white

However, some are more controlled in one society than in another.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

However, some are more controlled in one society than in another.

I totally agree with you Sis.That is why no 2 nations are the same and the conviction i have that we can get there if everyone of us do the right thing most of the time and not people like Kobojunkie coming on nairaland to dish falsehood about the eldorado that america is.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 20, 2011
werepeLeri:

Poster.

Some of these self proclaimed Americans in naija skin will even beg someone coming from naija some money to sustain themselves.Their life is that of between the devil and the deep blue sea.Cant move back or forward so they stay on nairaland to criticize even their shadows.Ask them individually what they have done individually to help the nation and they will go blank or start insulting the system
Re: Police Brutality In America by werepeLeri: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2011
Dont mind them - we know them, because we have lived all over the place and their lifestyle is far more different than what they come to NL to portray.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Rhino5dm: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2011
You are very right @bolded. I have met alot of them in their mid 40's frustrated with every inch of life. Their dream of living a perfect life was erase by the reality of working from 8 to 5 in a small coffea shop. The pathetic ones sit and at home, claiming to be working from home and wait for their monthly welfare pay checks.

@ Topic
You are so wrong to compare brutality of police in US with that of Nigeria. The Nigerian police reflect the near-death state of our system. While i am not holding brief for any one, i think the US's police system is a zillion light years ahead of Naija police.

Ozin:

Some of these self proclaimed Americans in naija skin will even beg someone coming from naija some money to sustain themselves.Their life is that of between the devil and the deep blue sea.Cant move back or forward so they stay on nairaland to criticize even their shadows.Ask them individually what they have done individually to help the nation and they will go blank or start insulting the system
Re: Police Brutality In America by RickyRoss1(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2011
I would like to know, is Ileke-IdI a man or woman? If indeed shes a woman then she must be a psychodelic Biaatch bc she writes/talks and behaves like one. Black American psychedelic bitchesss are always good phucksss
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

You are very right @bolded. I have met alot of them in their mid 40's frustrated with every inch of life. Their dream of living a perfect life was erase by the reality of working from 8 to 5 in a small coffea shop. The pathetic ones sit and at home, claiming to be working from home and wait for their monthly welfare pay checks.

@ Topic
You are so wrong to compare brutality of police in US with that of Nigeria. The Nigerian police reflect the near-death state of our system. While i am not holding brief for any one, i think the US's police system is a  zillion light years ahead of Naija police.

I did not compare the two,my point here is we have corrupt and brutal police men everywhere and in all countries.I also belive those in US may be better but also that Nigeria can get there.Finally i belive not all policemen in nigeria are bad and that the system we bash here graciously depict most of our individual lifestyles.We can change the system if we can start in our closet when no one is watching.The national assembly is bad we say,the custom services is bad,the police is bad,PHCN is bad,civil service is bad,NNPC is bad,the military is bad etc.Those who work in these sectors dont live in Ghana or Niger,they are same nigerians so what are we talking about.We should change individually and see if this change will not affect the nation positively.
Re: Police Brutality In America by Rhino5dm: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2011
Thank You.

Ozin:

I did not compare the two,my point here is we have corrupt and brutal police men everywhere and in all countries.I also belive those in US may be better but also that Nigeria can get there.Finally i belive not all policemen in nigeria are bad and that the system we bash here graciously depict most of our individual lifestyles.We can change the system if we can start in our closet when no one is watching.The national assembly is bad we say,the custom services is bad,the police is bad,PHCN is bad,civil service is bad,NNPC is bad,the military is bad etc.Those who work in these sectors dont live in Ghana or Niger,they are same nigerians so what are we talking about.We should change individually and see if this change will not affect the nation positively.

Please disregard that junkie, her actions are of those lazy fat singles on welfare package. They churn out rubbish from their dilapidated brains, sitting across a couch in their "project" called home,while typing from a very old laptop.

I never comes across a poor soul capable of pouring out so much hatred to poison any good development from Nigeria like her. That was how i battle that lemming on the thread about Rivers Monorail or so.
Now, go and see the old-witch in action on Osun state trains thread. Pazzo!
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Thank You.

Please disregard that junkie, her actions are of those lazy fat singles on welfare package. They churn out rubbish from their dilapidated brains, sitting  across a couch in their "project" called home,while typing from a very old laptop.

I never comes across a poor soul capable of pouring out so much hatred to poison any good development from Nigeria like her. That was how i battle that lemming on the thread about Rivers Monorail or so.
Now, go and see the old-witch in action on Osun state trains thread. Pazzo!

O boy u hard!!! take it easy with her i beg. Thanks for the invitation to the Osun thread,but i try as much as i can to avoid kobo posts like disease.I prefer those who are critical and profer solutions and not people living in false eldorado dishing false information to all as if na only her get base for US
Re: Police Brutality In America by jmaine: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Thank You.

Please disregard that junkie, her actions are of those lazy fat singles on welfare package. They churn out rubbish from their dilapidated brains, sitting across a couch in their "project" called home,[size=18pt]while typing from a very old laptop.
[/size]

Damn !!! grin
Re: Police Brutality In America by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2011
The protesters in America was sprayed wit pepper spray, after a warning and a wounded protester was even taken to hospital! If its Nigeria Police, without warning, live bullets will be mixed wit rubber bullets and sprayed on the protesters.
Somebody said Police are the same everywhere? May I ask, do US Police collect forcefull and unaccountable 1dollar from motorists like their Naija counterpats who collect 20naira, 50naira, etc from comercial vehicles(of course, illegally)?
Re: Police Brutality In America by Sunofgod(m): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2011
Poor poor 'Yanks' -  grin

I think the Nigerian and other African Govts should come together and send them some food.

Do they consume Casava in America?

Famine in Somalia - Famine in L.A

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqXZ467CZdU&feature=player_embedded#![/flash]
Re: Police Brutality In America by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2011
oyb:

[size=14pt]peddle this bs somewhere else

[/size]

maybe you're from that class of nigerians for whom police are little more than meek and humble orderlies. door openers and purse carriers - that must be where this spirited 'police brutality happens  in other countries' is coming from

nonsense

I completely agree with @Oyb's analysis of the @Poster's attempt to compare the US police situation, with the Nigerian police situation. Also I add that. . . .

Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]Things CAN Change DOES NOT EQUATE TO things having already changed, or that things have already begun to changing. What he is telling you is that the reality, for millions in Nigeria, is nothing close to what you have so far attempted to paint here of Nigerian police.[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Exciting Places To Visit During Christmas / Get Some Popcorn And Brace Up For Occupy Nigeria Part 2. / Unmasking The "kingpin Of Blackmailer" At Pointblanknews.com: Jackson Ude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.