Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads (6992 Views)

Anambra Landlords Protest Killings, Destruction, Multiple Levies / Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets / Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Omooba77: 11:38am On Apr 26
The Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners in the South-West zone has voiced its growing concerns about the deteriorating state of roads and escalating insecurity, appealing to governors and the Federal Controller of Works for immediate intervention.

The association also lamented multiple taxations by government agencies.

During the inauguration of newly elected members, the NARTO Zonal Chairman, Alhaji Bola Ogunyele, highlighted the pressing issues faced by transport owners and their impact on business operations.

Ogunyele lamented the difficulties faced by NARTO members while trying to address road-related issues with state governments.

According to him, in the past, they would contact the federal comptroller of works in the respective states, who would then engage with the state government on their behalf.

However, recent interactions with the governors have left NARTO members disheartened and unheard, he said.

Ogunyele, “We don’t know what is happening anymore. When you book an appointment with these governors, they don’t even care. They don’t want to hear about us.”

Ogunyele also appealed to the governors and other stakeholders to address pressing issues such as extortion, multiple taxation, and the presence of area boys (street urchins) in states like Lagos and Oyo.

He said, “Permit me to commend all the governors in the South-West zone, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, for working harmoniously with our members in their various states.

“I want to appeal generally that the issue of extortion, double taxation and area boys should be carefully checked in the states like Lagos and Oyo. They should also fix bad roads in the zone.

“If you buy a truck for about N50m, someone will just stay somewhere and start extorting money from you. How can you make a profit? So, we want to appeal to the governors in the South-West to please help us address the issue of insecurity.”

Despite the challenges, however, Ogunleye expressed confidence in the support of NARTO headquarters and the Federal Government, pledging that the newly elected members would remain focused and resolute in their efforts.

“The task before the zone is enormous as it takes time for a sustained injury to be healed as a result of the current economic predicament due to subsidy removal, but with the support of NARTO headquarters and the Federal Government, we shall not fail and remain focused,” he stated.

https://punchng.com/swest-transporters-decry-multiple-levies-bad-roads/

3 Likes

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Cindypresh(f): 11:50am On Apr 26
My very first time in lagos

Our GUO bus made a stop at ore-ondo state, we passed through that boundary between Ogun state and Lagos(epe axis).

You'll see poverty staring at you... immediately I swear for Abiodun and sanwolu, upon all the huge igr from both states, her people shouldn't have any business living in such penury.

That eatery at ore-ondo are rippers... everything sold there is 400% higher than what we use to get in Onitsha.

98 Likes 16 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by ruggedboych: 12:03pm On Apr 26
I can see Yarimo, hellnus, LeoDeKing, legendhero four of them queued together, the kind of body odor that will be oozing from that place fit kill person cheesy grin

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:03pm On Apr 26
Emilokan on da beat.

Ebin pawa renewed

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Homeboiy: 12:03pm On Apr 26
It’s a lie

South west road is a safe way

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by cutecommend: 12:03pm On Apr 26
Okay
Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Amigoss: 12:03pm On Apr 26
Babatunde Raji Fashola who was the former super minister of power and works did a good job and left a great legacy....we had/and still have 24/7 light and great road with floodlights,only obidiotts are saying otherwise grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by ReubenE(m): 12:03pm On Apr 26
Cindypresh:

Our GUO bus made a stop at ore-ondo state, we passed through that boundary between Ogun state and Lagos(epe axis).

You'll see poverty staring at you... immediately I swear for Abiodun and sanwolu, upon all the huge igr from both states, her people shouldn't have any business living in such penury.

That eatery at ore-ondo are rippers... everything sold there is 400% higher than what we use to get in Onitsha.
Dapo Abiodun especially has not being a good governor by any measurement

271 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by YeyeGbami: 12:04pm On Apr 26
Na Lagos calabar highway they carry put for head. Instead make dem do existing highways first.

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Racoon(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26
This is as a result of the oppressive, suppressive and repressive government system instituted in Nigeria today. sad Who is the mod deleting my comments?

14 Likes

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by sofeo(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26
Alright
Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Padipadi(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/swest-transporters-decry-multiple-levies-bad-roads/
Epp us ifestigate. How true is this?
Who are the chairmen from those states?
How do they do the turns at garage?
How much ll a driver pay per turn or in a day?
Who owned the cars? Private individuals or garage chairmen?

2 Likes

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26
Ok
Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by 1Alex: 12:06pm On Apr 26
There's no atom of truth in this report. All roads in the south West are paved with tiles and marbles

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Jokerman(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26
Cindypresh:

Na poverty mentality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Kaa4(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26
Cindypresh:

Abiodun is the worst Governor to ever rule anywhere in the SW. Ogun State peopple are so unlucky.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Emyzoloye5(m): 12:08pm On Apr 26
Cindypresh:

Ogun state is an eye sore...I laugh when miscreants here boast about Ogun IGR...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by PHZADDY1(m): 12:08pm On Apr 26
We too like suffer for this country...I've faced my life sha
This generation and the next go pass before Nigeria go catch up...the doom we've put ourselves in won't heal in 100years

8 Likes

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:09pm On Apr 26
Hahaha. Suffering and smiling.
Waste end.

Teaching Igbos lesson. Agbeeo 101

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Ekaette1621990: 12:10pm On Apr 26
Batified region suffering more than Atikulated and Obidients.

Anyway I laugh in Swahili 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Warldbest(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26
Caption

16 Likes

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by UnknownT: 12:12pm On Apr 26
They don't want us to increase IGR again? Isn'tthat one of their slogan then? "He increased IGR". Multiple taxations are all part of IGR increment, they should pay up and stop lamenting.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Cindypresh(f): 12:12pm On Apr 26
Kaa4:
Abiodun is the worst Governor to ever rule anywhere in the SW. Ogun State peopple are so unlucky.

The condition is indescribable...from ondo state, I didn't even know when we entered Ogun state, passed through ijebu and the place was just a normal town.

Too many plenty unfarmed land and people are complaining of food inflation, why can't the government provide agricultural palliative for the farmers in the state

That state is so big

2 Likes

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by iwaeda: 12:13pm On Apr 26

3 Likes

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Cruzmaster: 12:17pm On Apr 26
Is a lie. SW are now swimming in crude oil and have the finest road network in Africa 😝

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Daataane: 12:17pm On Apr 26
Good afternoon family and friends on NL. Please I need help here . there's this pressing concern that I have with one asset leasing company here in Lagos . they want to take me for a ride.
I need legal services but can't afford the luxury of hiring a lawyer at the moment. I need help ...
Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by sucreblazing(m): 12:17pm On Apr 26
Cindypresh:

Coming from omoyibo who are always blinded to whats happening in there own backyard .

Did you know your people in the yeast charged money when someone die before he or she can be buried??

1 Like

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by ibechris(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26
The poverty in yoruba land is horrible and that is why many of them are claiming to be Lagosians over night. They are not proud to come from their villages other than Lagos ibadan.

Whereas as an igbo man,travelling to my village makes me happy.

Cindypresh:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:22pm On Apr 26
Oluomo MC don kill them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Transporters Decry Multiple Levies, Bad Roads by Cindypresh(f): 12:23pm On Apr 26
sucreblazing:

Coming from omoyibo who are always blinded to whats happening in there own backyard .

Did you know your people in the yeast charged money when someone die before he or she can be buried??

Ontop my own personal experience Kwa?? Are you okay

Nobody charges you money for burial here, you only clear your debt with your umunna, umuada, otuogbo etc

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landmark Achievements In Nigeria Since 1914 / Yoruba Hyping Fashola's Screening Performance,is Propaganda Taken Too Far!!!. / Your Sacrifices In Voting For Me Will Not Be In Vain- President Buhari Assures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.