Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop (6168 Views)

2023 Election: INEC Kidnapped Future, Hope For Better Nigeria – Archbishop / Abia Government: Smart Adeyemi Suffering From Protracted Case Of Mental Illness / A Time For Heroes In Nigeria: Archbishop Justin Welby's Article In Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Bobloco: 7:10pm On Apr 26
The Catholic Archbishop of Kaduna, Most Rev. Matthew Man-Oso Ndagoso has said that hardship, insecurity and other challenges in the country are pushing so many Nigerians into mental disorder.

Archbishop Ndagoso said this at the 2024 Annual General Assembly of Catholic Archdiocese of Kaduna with the theme; ‘Integrating Mental Health Into Pastoral Care in the Archdiocese of Kaduna’.

The respected cleric said the country has in the last 13 years been going through insurgency, banditry, kidnappings for ransom, farmers/herders conflicts, ethno-religious conflicts, armed robbery, alcohol and substance abuse.

He noted that of late, very high cost of living,l caused mainly by the unplanned and hasty removal of fuel subsidy and the free floating of the Naira which led to its unimaginable devaluation have brought unprecedented and untold hardship on the vast majority of the citizenry, thereby causing mental and physical illnesses.

“Many people have lost, not only their sources of livelihood but above all their homes and ancestral lands. Acute hunger leading to malnutrition and death especially of children are the order of the day in our country today. Many are at a loss. Depression, anxiety and fear of the unknown are on the increase in the land,” the cleric said.

He further blamed insecurity for the people’s mental health, noting that “security challenges seem to be still in the thick of the woods.”

He lamented that the spate of kidnappings for ransom is on the increase in some rural communities.

“We must continue to be vigilant and work together with all security agents especially the local vigilante groups.

“Communities must be ready now to take their destinies into their hands. Many have done it with good results. Like I said last year, the involvement of locals as informants within our communities has further compounded the problem. I believe there is something each community can do to protect itself,” the Archbishop charged.

Ndagoso therefore lamented on the increasing cases of mental health in the country, urging the government at all levels to urgently proffer solutions to the problem by addressing poverty and insecurity which he noted were responsible for mental health disorder in most homes.

He therefore urged religious leaders to continue to preach messages of hope to the people as a measure to help them see reasons to live.
https://leadership.ng/hardship-insecurity-fueling-mental-illness-in-nigeria-archbishop/

8 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Klington: 8:03pm On Apr 26
tongue

To support apc, you must first suspend your sense of reasoning, bury your conscience, lie about everything with a straight face, pretend to love Nigeria and then support all manner of evils and wickedness.

Nigeria don't deserve APC.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Risingblue008(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26
This guy above me too fast
The last time i was first to comment was b4 covid
Well hunger dey run the street like tinibu

Just like dey said
Relax,tinibu will fix it at
Fix fire
This man no get plans for us
And d suffering ones will still be supporting this man

And na this type oyibo pple dey like
Dem dey help us spoil the country join since we never sabi elect beta leaders

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by tobenuel(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26
In all of these impunities, calamities, chaos and their so on

May God continue to protect and bless the Igbo tribe. Amen

A stitch in time should start saving Ten. cos nine has had enough

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26
Walahi, the person wey dey hungry no dey listen to sermon o

3 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Nazgul: 8:05pm On Apr 26
The average ronu miscreant would rather blame Peter Obi who isn't holding any elective position in this administration than their god Tinubu who plunged Nigeria into the abyss.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Racoon(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26
So on point, but substance abuse comes first.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Debater(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26
Very true...

Anyway, I hear that fuel is now ₦1,000/litre in parts of Kano

I'm pleased to announce that, to support the Jagaban Renewed Hope Initiative, all people who voted APC should come to Aso Rock

We're distributing discount card. You will use it and buy fuel ₦250 per litre grin

JAGABAN!!! grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by rinzaugustine: 8:05pm On Apr 26
Try
Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Light78: 8:06pm On Apr 26
Them dey house dey cry like this indoors

7 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:06pm On Apr 26
Most people in this country have undiagnosed mental illnesses, this country encourages and brings out the worst in people.

13 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:07pm On Apr 26
Tinubu i don't have to describe this man.

9 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by shortgun(m): 8:07pm On Apr 26
Only an unpatriotic wicked soul will pretend that all is well with the nation

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by NFBI: 8:07pm On Apr 26
Balance diet now na luxury

9 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by NothingDoMe: 8:07pm On Apr 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
Most people in this country have undiagnosed mental illnesses, this country encourages and brings out the worst in people.
So many. Dem full Nairaland. The anonymity here provides cover to demonstrate the madness without societal backlash.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by callmemakaveli: 8:08pm On Apr 26
True.

I don't know Rev. Matthew Man-Oso Ndagoso, but he is right.

Mental health is real.

15 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Exceed15: 8:08pm On Apr 26
Evil government. May God flush them out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by SensualMan: 8:09pm On Apr 26
Hahahaha grin grin grin

The mental illness of my friends Adekunle, Oluwaseun and Olusegun has gone overboard since the CORNmaster assumed office.

On the flip side I like Tinubu. On his mandate I stand Gidigba!
It gladdens my heart seeing these 3 friends of mine gnash their teeths in perpetual hardship. It's just the beginning. Olusegun will beg us for bread.
Cursed merged associates of mine.

10 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Mindlog: 8:10pm On Apr 26
FACT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by ZombieTAMER: 8:10pm On Apr 26
undecided

Whatever Tinubu is doing in office is cosmetic

In reality, Nothing is working
Fuel scarcity and price increase has raised hardship and hunger again

It has spiraled out of control
The end result is insecurity as the healthy joins crime while the weak in the society becomes mentally unstable due to overwhelming times.

No solution in sight Nigeria
This is renewed helplessness

Enjoy

5 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by selleniza: 8:10pm On Apr 26
Overthinking no dey solve problem. Better days are coming.

1 Like

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by ZombieTAMER: 8:10pm On Apr 26
cliped:
I agree but let's hope we defeat this times

How can you defeat Tinubu

who came to steal loot and destroy

8 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Blaze14k: 8:11pm On Apr 26
NFBI:
Balance diet now na luxury

I spent 1400 on bole, yam and fish today. If I decided to buy the fish like I always do it would have been 1900

4 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by GanagiBitrus: 8:11pm On Apr 26
Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Quest7777: 8:12pm On Apr 26
Noted
Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by AdamuKD: 8:14pm On Apr 26
grin
Una never see anything yet. By this time next year,all of una go don mad finish since una no want learn, una go suffer the hard way

IJIOTS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by StreetTyga: 8:15pm On Apr 26
People keep talking but no actions being taken... Just be talking

6 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:15pm On Apr 26
Very sad
Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by MrColdsweat: 8:16pm On Apr 26
Nazgul:
The average ronu miscreant would rather blame Peter Obi who isn't holding any elective position in this administration than their god Tinubu who plunged Nigeria into the abyss.
They attack Obi to distract so that you'd be busy defending Obi instead of calling out the calamity of the satanic administration.

17 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Akfrenzy(m): 8:17pm On Apr 26
grin some are online attacking Peter obi 😆

11 Likes

Re: Hardship, Insecurity Fueling Mental Illness In Nigeria – Archbishop by Angelfrost(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26
I swear, to pity most Nigerians just dey hard me these days.

Maybe I have finally become cold and heartless... Or maybe I have finally come to realize that most Nigerians have become comfortable in suffering and dying.

Either way, I only look out for my family.

Make we siddon dey observe this Animal Farm playing out in the largest and most populous nation of largely dumb Negroes. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Levi Ajuonuma (nnpc Corp Affairs Gm)resigned? / Minna: Nigeria Prison Service Recaptures 108 Escaped Inmates / Amaechi Secondary Schools far Better Than GEJ Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.