Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings (39058 Views)

Ex Corps Member Breaks Savings Box As He Passes Out / Corper Uwaoma Susan Joseph Buys Keke Napep From Her NYSC Allowance Savings / Lanre Amu: โ€˜My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Bimpe29: 9:03pm On Apr 26
CONGRATULATIONS ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‰
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Okeytus(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26
Must u sell your phone to buy bike?? I wonder what type of corper that can stay without a mobile communication gadget. How do u intend to keep this thread alive if you sell your phone? I will say you are not genuine.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by izubext007: 9:04pm On Apr 26
that is what the government want , change of career
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by gift2xl: 9:04pm On Apr 26
Congratulations
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Nice2023(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26
JayDuke:
It's just a little progress in life but I am happy about it, I actually update it on politics section cos I want input.
Mynd44 nlfpmod grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Kasdat5(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26
Carry go brother .
I must tell. It will never going to be easy for you , but you'd get stronger .
When I started mine , people called me mad , some laughed , my peers were buying state ofnthe art Benz .
Tori long , you'll be alright anyways .

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Timoleon(m): 9:05pm On Apr 26
FernandParker03:
surely he will go places

Na fuel remain now, e don get okada. Surely he will go places undecided

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Charly68: 9:05pm On Apr 26
Govt should look for your type and set up business for you. Your inmate desire for self employment is all you need to succeed ,I see a future billionaire in you.
Keep it up

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Makunahatata: 9:05pm On Apr 26
Congratulations ,and it's very important, no join those maniac bike men wey no dey get patience...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Creamypie(m): 9:05pm On Apr 26
JayDuke:
I actually created this account so I could come back years later and look at where I started and be grateful, my reason for creating this account was cos of what I read on travel section from a moniker named mackynaija or so, he created a thread to monitor his jakpa progress.

So on my previous thread I was asking NLders if it was good to invest my savings or I should wait? Well they all advised me though and I had to take their advice and mine and come to a conclusion.

I decided to buy a motorcycle and drive after NYSC, the bike I bought actually cost more than I budgeted for and somehow it took my entire savings and also I had to sell few things to cover the cost, but I wasn't disturbed cos I could recover the money.
I later found out that I'll fix plate number and also pay for union on the route I plan to drive, this put the entire cost to around 350k. Na wa o.
I have decided to sell my phone and also use 70% of my next allawee to cover the cost, I told the seller I'll complete it by month end and take the bike.
I'll update when I finally get the bike, that is if I haven't sold the phone yet, cos the person that plans to buy the phone is a corp member too and is waiting for the monthly allowance before she could pay, but if I have sold the phone, I'll update when I get a new phone. I just pray she doesn't change her mind.
I also created a Twitter account to update my progress but since I wish to remain anonymous for now, I don't want to let people know about the account.
I'll be passing out by June

My previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/8059680/should-invest-should-wait-little
wonderful
With norml daily work with average effort, daily is at least 6k500 profit
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by 3kay945(m): 9:06pm On Apr 26
You tried,.congratulations. I know some corpers that spent their alawee on iPhone and airpods

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by ednut1(m): 9:06pm On Apr 26
johnjay4u2u:

Update on the person?

Just a track of the outcome of decisions made in the past.
finished NYSC before me, went back to his town in offa Kwara. I donโ€™t know anything about him since he left
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Jeje247: 9:06pm On Apr 26
Kindly Break down your saving plan for the past one year and expenditure after deducting monthly savings...thank you

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by KnownUnknown: 9:06pm On Apr 26
I just hope you have evidence, such as receipts, that youโ€™ve been paying the seller. Just in case. I hate to see hard work be rewarded with fraudulent behavior.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by NaijaCover(m): 9:07pm On Apr 26
Well Done
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Damian911: 9:07pm On Apr 26
You and I are of the same mentality and it's good to see like minded
The sky is your starting point smiley

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by tuzle(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26
inoki247:
Lol the money wey some people dey complain say he no reach..

Buh Okada I fear to own am oh since the day I don try to learn am he don go knack me for wall I don run....
the guy has other source of income. The money can never be enough. If u save ur entire allawee, that is 396k, now tell me how u want to feed from 33k monthly and still save if u don't have other source of income.

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Hoelujohn: 9:09pm On Apr 26
rinaballa:
U never even finish u don already dey think of becoming an okada man abi wetin b dd goal here
If you know how to drive okada,there is dispatch rider vacancy in UK with Visa sponsorship. If you are interested contact me
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Shellsploit: 9:10pm On Apr 26
Great!
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Ganjafama(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26
Some gullible folks would soon start asking for his account details. Nigerians are indeed, very easy to deceive. Doesn't he feed? How did he manage to save such an amount from his meagre allowee within the space of 10 months?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by managemoney(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26
Congratulations bro
May God continue to help you

By the way, you can checkout all available job vacancies across Nigeria using the link in my signature ๐Ÿ‘‡
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Hightowa: 9:12pm On Apr 26
You serve at akwa ibom
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:17pm On Apr 26
Ganjafama:
Some gullible folks would soon start asking for his account details. Nigerians are indeed, very easy to deceive. Doesn't he feed? How did he manage to save such an amount from his allowee within the space of 10 months?

Lol, you're wise... OP na guyman... If he's a good guyman, he'll first use his other moniker to ask for his account details so as to support his hardwork... Lol

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by pikechukwu6(m): 9:18pm On Apr 26
How you wan manage second hand used byc... cheesy
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Vello(m): 9:19pm On Apr 26
JayDuke:
I actually created this account so I could come back years later and look at where I started and be grateful, my reason for creating this account was cos of what I read on travel section from a moniker named mackynaija or so, he created a thread to monitor his jakpa progress.

So on my previous thread I was asking NLders if it was good to invest my savings or I should wait? Well they all advised me though and I had to take their advice and mine and come to a conclusion.

I decided to buy a motorcycle and drive after NYSC, the bike I bought actually cost more than I budgeted for and somehow it took my entire savings and also I had to sell few things to cover the cost, but I wasn't disturbed cos I could recover the money.
I later found out that I'll fix plate number and also pay for union on the route I plan to drive, this put the entire cost to around 350k. Na wa o.
I have decided to sell my phone and also use 70% of my next allawee to cover the cost, I told the seller I'll complete it by month end and take the bike.
I'll update when I finally get the bike, that is if I haven't sold the phone yet, cos the person that plans to buy the phone is a corp member too and is waiting for the monthly allowance before she could pay, but if I have sold the phone, I'll update when I get a new phone. I just pray she doesn't change her mind.
I also created a Twitter account to update my progress but since I wish to remain anonymous for now, I don't want to let people know about the account.
I'll be passing out by June

My previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/8059680/should-invest-should-wait-little
Your being resolute is a virtue. Keep it up
However, why bike?
Aside the accident, health hazards and risk of thefttt, why would you limit yourself so low while you could do much with that little capital?! Fueling of that worthless piece of metal alone would leave you with Al moi nothing. Then comes parts and management. Those in that line of occupation are groaning and hardly able to cope.
I'd have suggested you went into agriculture. Simple piggery would more than quadruple that little capital within a year in piggery business. Tomatoes farming is an untapped gold. Same goes for pepper and cassava... There's much too prospect in agriculture than any transportation venture in Nigeria today.

Anyone who wishes to argue must be informed that I'm not new or strange to okada business. Infact, it was what I used to sponsor myself through University of Ilorin and I'm grateful I succeeded. But, that was when fuel was relatively cheaper and risks involved aren't as much as it obtains today. 8years non stop okada left me with all the experience there's is to know

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by JayDuke: 9:20pm On Apr 26
Ganjafama:
Some gullible folks would soon start asking for his account details. Nigerians are indeed, very easy to deceive. Doesn't he feed? How did he manage to save such an amount from his allowee within the space of 10 months?
lol, if I wanted money, I'd have gone to Twitter not NL

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Sonnobax15(m): 9:21pm On Apr 26
lipsrsealed
Congrats bruh......and welcome to the hustling ground....no let anybody hustle-shame you say why a graduate like you go dey ride okada cuz so long say nobody dey put plate of food on our table,no let their words to weigh you down
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by callmemakaveli: 9:22pm On Apr 26
Op is goal oriented, A good trait IMO.
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Moshybear(f): 9:22pm On Apr 26
Congratulations
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Lanre1st(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26
Funny
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by PHZADDY1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26
Confirmedzombie:
Your mates are buying cars and you came here posting you bought motorcycle.

Obedients are dying of poverty indeed while your principal Peter Obi is enjoying life.

Nonsense
you no disappoint me,Mr Confirmed Zombie angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) / Corps Member Slumps And Dies In Nasarawa (Photos) / What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.