Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings (39072 Views)

Ex Corps Member Breaks Savings Box As He Passes Out / Corper Uwaoma Susan Joseph Buys Keke Napep From Her NYSC Allowance Savings / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Blazadenise(m): 1:45am On Apr 27
Congratulations.. But please do not sell your fone, try harder to get soft loan probably from family member so you could payup for thr bike, but selling your phone is a huge lost already
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by GreaterFuture(m): 3:45am On Apr 27
Wainey:
When u see people that are goal driven, you will know, no be all these ones blaming Obi and Tinubu for their own failure.
Like someone said, u are a focused person, some people no fit save better 30k after NYSC but here u are saving 300k in this kind of economy.

My advice to u OP is to find one correct babe weh go build with you, her presence sef will help and chase leeches that will want to come and chop ur money.
Na these kind people need govt grants.
Always have to be so Weird!, why?
Weird, weird, crazy, twisted completely unnecessary comments
From very crazy Starting sentence to the end... So so ***#"*** to dey talk!
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:46am On Apr 27
Confirmedzombie:
Your mates are buying cars and you came here posting you bought motorcycle.

Obedients are dying of poverty indeed while your principal Peter Obi is enjoying life.

Nonsense

Are you........at all
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by GreaterFuture(m): 3:47am On Apr 27
Kasdat5:
Carry go brother .
I must tell. It will never going to be easy for you , but you'd get stronger .
When I started mine , people called me mad , some laughed , my peers were buying state ofnthe art Benz .
Tori long , you'll be alright anyways .
Okay, you drive Okada too?
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by wany(f): 4:48am On Apr 27
Wainey:
When u see people that are goal driven, you will know, no be all these ones blaming Obi and Tinubu for their own failure.
Like someone said, u are a focused person, some people no fit save better 30k after NYSC but here u are saving 300k in this kind of economy.

My advice to u OP is to find one correct babe weh go build with you, her presence sef will help and chase leeches that will want to come and chop ur money.
Na these kind people need govt grants.
That is if he is a better guy, he will definitely find a better babe. undecided
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Nursepepeye(f): 5:29am On Apr 27
JayDuke:
It's just a little progress in life but I am happy about it, I actually update it on politics section cos I want input.
you for think of something else, just be careful while riding the bike, I'm always scared of bike. well my prayers are with you, God will Crown your efforts with success
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by rolams(m): 5:30am On Apr 27
May God continue to bless you! Wish you the very best in your endeavors
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Scholarforlife: 6:13am On Apr 27
[color=#000000][/color]
Confirmedzombie:

Obedients are dying of poverty indeed while your principal Peter Obi is enjoying life.

Nonsense
The journey of a thousand miles always starts with a step. Every global entrepreneur of today had an unbelievable very humble beginning. I doesn't pay to be a killjoy.
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Justimi: 6:41am On Apr 27
tuzle:
the guy has other source of income. The money can never be enough. If u save ur entire allawee, that is 396k, now tell me how u want to feed from 33k monthly and still save if u don't have other source of income.

(I was expecting some nairalanders to made this statement)

Bro!. You just said the way it is. Or someone was probably assisting him when he was serving. It might even be possible before all this food inflation brouhaha but not now that everything is x4 of what it was before.
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Klinxmanz(m): 6:44am On Apr 27
Nice2023:

Keep it up.

Don't underestimate ur humble beginning.

During my studentship together with my NYSC...I saved the total of 360k,that money is what eventually changed my life after 15yrs that I left camp.

I have grown the money to more than 100million in today's cash.

Good luck.
sir pls can u help me with a job?, am good with ms word and other relate computer services cos i work in a cybecafe.
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by sheanzy(m): 6:52am On Apr 27
Okeytus:
Must u sell your phone to buy bike?? I wonder what type of corper that can stay without a mobile communication gadget. How do u intend to keep this thread alive if you sell your phone? I will say you are not genuine.
you are a genius.

When I saw that statement, I knew he was indirectly seeking for sympathy to scam off nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by NemoDatQuod(m): 8:40am On Apr 27
Congratulations.
Humility and common sense are necessary ingredients for success.
But I think you should continue to build on your common sense.

How on earth did you agree to make part payment on the bike to anyone in Nigeria? You don't even make payment on anything to your closest relative, unless you have resigned yourself to being happy to lose your money in such eventuality.

I hope the seller to whom you sent money will honour your agreement when the time comes. I also hope that it will be exactly the bike you want and agreed to, that he will hand over to you.

I also hope you learn the lesson that in a lawless country where power and violence are might, under no circumstance do you make part or upfront payment for anything, unless you are prepared to not just lose your money, or be killed because of it. I don't know if you have thought of the number of men and women who have been sent to an early grave because of transactions like this.

I wish you well.

JayDuke:
I actually created this account so I could come back years later and look at where I started and be grateful, my reason for creating this account was cos of what I read on travel section from a moniker named mackynaija or so, he created a thread to monitor his jakpa progress.

So on my previous thread I was asking NLders if it was good to invest my savings or I should wait? Well they all advised me though and I had to take their advice and mine and come to a conclusion.

I decided to buy a motorcycle and drive after NYSC, the bike I bought actually cost more than I budgeted for and somehow it took my entire savings and also I had to sell few things to cover the cost, but I wasn't disturbed cos I could recover the money.
I later found out that I'll fix plate number and also pay for union on the route I plan to drive, this put the entire cost to around 350k. Na wa o.
I have decided to sell my phone and also use 70% of my next allawee to cover the cost, I told the seller I'll complete it by month end and take the bike.
I'll update when I finally get the bike, that is if I haven't sold the phone yet, cos the person that plans to buy the phone is a corp member too and is waiting for the monthly allowance before she could pay, but if I have sold the phone, I'll update when I get a new phone. I just pray she doesn't change her mind.
I also created a Twitter account to update my progress but since I wish to remain anonymous for now, I don't want to let people know about the account.
I'll be passing out by June

My previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/8059680/should-invest-should-wait-little
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by NemoDatQuod(m): 8:49am On Apr 27
The goal is humility, absence of greed and being realistic.

Have you thought of the number of young men and women who attend Harvard in the USA and Cambridge in the UK, two of the world's pre-eminent universities. We don't get to hear of or know a majority of their names every year, even though they are in their tens of thousands who graduate every year.

The purpose of University education is not to make you rich. It is to make you a decent human being in both character and learning. Some go to work in remote villages and countries for the rest of their lives. Some become teachers, opinion and thought leaders.

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your heart and your mind. You will be successful : a decent roof over your head, two meals a day and decent clothing on your back. Then you leave those determined to be rich out of your circle. You will watch them stab themselves all over with many wounds.

rinaballa:
U never even finish u don already dey think of becoming an okada man abi wetin b dd goal here
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by NemoDatQuod(m): 8:54am On Apr 27
"Do not despise the days of little beginnings".

I like that !

franchasofficia:
Keep it up and don't be discouraged by any negative comment. Do not despise the days of little beginning. Every big thing today started small cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by silibaba: 9:04am On Apr 27
You go school finish, na wetin illiterate dey do you want do. What's is now the essence of going to school in the first place?

Registering as a jumia pickup outlet will pay you more.

You only grow when you mingle with people bigger, brighter, richer, wiser etc than you.

You want go dey stay garage wey na to dey complain about Tinubu and his government or how to play baba ijebu.

You fall my hand as a graduate.

In all, I wish you all the best.
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by OkoRemi2023(m): 9:32am On Apr 27
Offpoint1:
After 4 years in school just to come out riding okoda? Would had been better to use those years and resources to acquired a skill or chase the transportation biz you're chasing now.

School is not running away, you can attend school at any age. (I give it to the igbo folks on this one, those guys don't waste their time in life)

( Please no one should quote me...)

I will quote you because you've made much sense

Like I always tell potential undergraduates. Don't seek for admission without having skills and those in school should make sure they get skills before graduating

I suffered for that for good 2yrs, na the skills I learnt later help me till this time
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by slimmax: 10:04am On Apr 27
Treadway:
good job OP.

First of, DO NOT do the bolded! Trust me you need to keep your focus, and I assure you that doing this will be nothing but a distraction and also a drain to your resources. Keep building yourself, women will come later!

I'm encouraged when I see focused people such as yourself. Truly, it is no mean feat to have had the discipline to save the sum esp in these crazy bulaba times. I can totally relate, I served in Jigawa 2010-2011, back when allawee was 9775. In an entire local govt only me and a pal of mine also made the good decision to properly manage our resources, everyone else were buying BlackBerry phones then and sharing pin. We bought guinea fabrics from Kano with all our savings and sold it when we returned home. My friend started a kerosene business with the proceeds of the sale and it really boomed at the time before kerosene went out of style. Like me he also built his house from the business even before he got married. As for the money I made, I kept reinvesting in just about anything that I could easily buy and sell to turn a profit. I didn't get my first job until 2013, after finishing service in June 2021, but by the time I collected my first employment letter I still had over 200k in the bank just from not squandering the meagre money I made during that youth service.

Well done JayDuke

Oga check your dates and make correction
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Treadway: 10:10am On Apr 27
slimmax:

Oga check your dates and make correction
lol. I see what you mean, and I have done that. However, it can be inferred that it must be June 2011 and not 2021, since I had earlier said I served btw 2010-2011.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Offpoint1: 10:31am On Apr 27
OkoRemi2023:

I will quote you because you've made much sense

Like I always tell potential undergraduates. Don't seek for admission without having skills and those in school should make sure they get skills before graduating

I suffered for that for good 2yrs, na the skills I learnt later help me till this time
People just waste their time in schools without a clear career path.

I remember when all my friends were seeking admission, I simply told them I go for my career pursuit first. School wasn't on my mind because I know one can school at any age.

While they were schooling, I spent those years learning IT skills.

Today, my knowledge has taken me far, no organization I can't work with now with my skill even without cert because my skills speaks.
Today I have 4 of them begging me to teach them or asking which is the best skill IT skill to learn.

The endgame of school is still money
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by dettolgel: 11:15am On Apr 27
Treadway:
good job OP.

First of, DO NOT do the bolded! Trust me you need to keep your focus, and I assure you that doing this will be nothing but a distraction and also a drain to your resources. Keep building yourself, women will come later!

I'm encouraged when I see focused people such as yourself. Truly, it is no mean feat to have had the discipline to save the sum esp in these crazy bulaba times. I can totally relate, I served in Jigawa 2010-2011, back when allawee was 9775. In an entire local govt only me and a pal of mine also made the good decision to properly manage our resources, everyone else were buying BlackBerry phones then and sharing pin. We bought guinea fabrics from Kano with all our savings and sold it when we returned home. My friend started a kerosene business with the proceeds of the sale and it really boomed at the time before kerosene went out of style. Like me he also built his house from the business even before he got married. As for the money I made, I kept reinvesting in just about anything that I could easily buy and sell to turn a profit. I didn't get my first job until 2013, after finishing service in June 2011, but by the time I collected my first employment letter I still had over 200k in the bank just from not squandering the meagre money I made during that youth service.

Well done JayDuke

I thank God for your life. The only savings I had was the two months that paid during passing out. I spent all my allowance traveling from Maiduguri to the East, I couldn't stay there. I passed out in June and got a bank job in August in head office in Lagos. The rest is history now. Maybe I was lucky grin grin
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by MOG6670(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27
CelestineNelson:
I will modified this in the next 7 years
i love your spirit
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by MOG6670(m): 1:53pm On Apr 27
Confirmedzombie:

Nonsense
ur moniker said all about u.
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by MOG6670(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27
Nice2023:

Keep it up.

Don't underestimate ur humble beginning.

During my studentship together with my NYSC...I saved the total of 360k,that money is what eventually changed my life after 15yrs that I left camp.

I have grown the money to more than 100million in today's cash.

Good luck.
good job sir. Pls i'm just starting out. Need and inspiration and a road map, your journey from 360k to almost 100mil will be a great inspiration and eye opener. Pls if possible share it with us.
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by OkoRemi2023(m): 6:41pm On Apr 27
Offpoint1:

People just waste their time in schools without a clear career path.

I remember when all my friends were seeking admission, I simply told them I go for my career pursuit first. School wasn't on my mind because I know one can school at any age.

While they were schooling, I spent those years learning IT skills.

Today, my knowledge has taken me far, no organization I can't work with now with my skill even without cert because my skills speaks.
Today I have 4 of them begging me to teach them or asking which is the best skill IT skill to learn.

The endgame of school is still money

You did the right thing for yourself and you can never regret having skills because skills can never be a waste if one is not lazy

Which good contemporary IT skills you can recommend for me, let me add to my bag
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Offpoint1: 6:46pm On Apr 27
OkoRemi2023:

You did the right thing for yourself and you can never regret having skills because skills can never be a waste if one is not lazy

Which good IT skills that's invoked you can recommend for me, let me add to my bag
AI Technology
Data Analysis
Cyber security
UX Design
Cloud computing

These got future potential and it's in high demands in the international market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by OkoRemi2023(m): 6:52pm On Apr 27
Offpoint1:

AI Technology
Data Analysis
Cyber security
UX Design
Cloud computing

These got future potential and it's in high demands in the international market

Currently on the cyber security
AI

Thanks for the heads-up

Wishing you the best as you move forward
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by Offpoint1: 7:43pm On Apr 27
OkoRemi2023:

Currently on the cyber security
AI

Thanks for the heads-up

Wishing you the best as you move forward
Amin and you too
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28
250k? That works out to about 21k each month out of 32k alawee. How you take come dey survive on 11k per month? You no been dey chop?
Re: I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings by patthebulb: 11:12pm On Apr 28
A Career Guide — What Does a Data Analyst Do?

A Data Analyst collects, organizes, and interprets data and information to create actionable company insights. To accomplish this, a Data Analyst must collect large amounts of data, sift through it, and assemble key sets of data based on the organization’s desired metrics or goals, you can call them ‘digital detectives.’

A data analyst would dig into website traffic, analyze demographics, and identify customer behavioural trends. Their findings would then be used to optimize marketing campaigns and boost sales.

Responsibilities Of a Data Analyst.

As a data analyst, your job description circles understanding the data, analyzing the data, building and managing databases, and communicating the data to others. Some of your major responsibilities would include:

Making Research: As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for researching your company to identify opportunities for growth and areas for improved efficiency and productivity.
Data Collection: Data Analysts must collect data and information from primary and secondary sources, either from existing sources or by developing new channels for information gathering. Data can come from various sources — surveys, social media, website traffic, and internal databases. Analysts may even conduct interviews or gather external data sets.
Data Analysis: This is where the magic happens. Analysts use statistical tools and programming languages to identify patterns, trends, and correlations within the data.
Data Visualization: Once data analysis is complete, Data Analysts present their findings to other members of the organization, digested and packaged in a way they can easily understand. This can include using data visualization software to create visualizations or dashboards for other members of the organization to help them quickly visualize data on their own.

Why is Data Analysis Important?

Data analysis is the backbone of data-driven decision-making. In today’s world, companies that leverage data effectively outperform their competitors.

It’s a no-brainer that data helps target the right audience with the right message at the right time. It helps companies understand customer needs and personalize experiences while providing insights to optimize operations, reduce costs, and maximize profits.

Ultimately, data analysis helps businesses develop products and services that meet customer demands.

Is a Data Analyst Career Right for You?

If you enjoy puzzles, have a knack for numbers, and possess a keen eye for detail, then data analysis might be your perfect fit.

Technical skills like SQL, Tableau, and Python are data visualization tools in high demand and you’re in luck!

At The Bulb Africa, where we believe in nurturing young talent and providing opportunities for growth and advancement. That’s why we’ve developed a unique Fellowship program that provides participants with adequate and right tools, resources, and support they need to take their careers to the next level.

With The Bulb Africa’s Fellowship program, you are one step ahead in building your career in tech.

You can sign up to learn Data Analytics today!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) / Corps Member Slumps And Dies In Nasarawa (Photos) / What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.