Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt (19467 Views)

Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo / 16 Dead, 30 Houses Razed As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kwara (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Elusive001: 9:48am On Apr 27
Light78:

Let me clarify something here.

Whenever you hear many feared dead, it means while the petrol tanker was burning, people were looking instead of running to a safe place. Then it got intense and exploded, and they all got caught in the inferno.

I remember when I was doing my IT, I saw a petrol tanker burning at the top in a fueling station. I saw crowd filled with people watching from all angles at a close range. I had to tell one woman who was with her child to run for her life, that if this tank explodes, she's dead. She took my advice and moved away from the scene.

Many people like putting themselves in dangers. That's why I don't follow multitudes or do things with them.

Please safety first.

Please stop saying what you do not know. Learn not to make conclusions when you do not have all the facts and details.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by jamesversion: 9:50am On Apr 27
Moroccoguy:

Don't they have state governor, when you know the important of road as a governor you don't need to wait for call from Abuja before doing the needful. RIP 😭😭😭

Did they have a state Governor in Lagos when Tanker exploded on Otedola Bridge in 2018? Or you just want to be silly? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Light78: 9:50am On Apr 27
Elusive001:

Please stop saying what you do not know. Learn not to make conclusions when you do not have all the facts and details.

Who cares?

You see people scooping fuel when there is a leakage, but when it explodes, you come to tell me to say things I don't know.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by mauchiz: 9:51am On Apr 27
cremedelacreme:
This catastrophe happened less than 1 hour after I passed that location. The portion of East/West road is something else especially from Alode bridge to trailer park.
What time?
Tell me is a lie
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Weknowbetter: 9:52am On Apr 27
I would automatically be running for my life at any sign of fire on a tanker. Absolutely nothing good can come from it.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Patson080(m): 9:57am On Apr 27
I don dey Port Harcourt for over 10 years. This road has been under construction for that same time but the reality is that, billions is being embezzled from the road and it will never be fixed. The chiefs and indigenes of that place will not make it happen because they are benefiting. Anytime I pass there. I dey fear cos trailers dey try man over bad spots which they lead to these kind of accidents. So help me God wey dey our national anthem no be for memes

2 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by CaptainJune: 9:58am On Apr 27
So unfortunate. So sad. What a dark day. Lives snuffed out at the snap of the finger. What is their eternal destination? For those who died and didn't know Christ a more terrible fate awaits them. Please, give your lives to Christ. A second outside Christ is more dangerous than putting your head in a crocodile's open jaws. May those who survived recover speedily.

3 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by PointZerom: 10:01am On Apr 27
PointZerom:

Tell me Reno and Tinubu lagacy projects.
Let it fall within the time they were in office.

RecentHistory it seems you've ran out of data pls forward your number let me sub for you. Maybe you don run.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by ednut1(m): 10:14am On Apr 27
No regard for safety.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Tom1960: 10:19am On Apr 27
The ugly incident happened close to my house. Relevant authorities will disclose the actual number of casualties in due time. However, I learnt that a truck driver while trying to overtake the exploded tanker scratched it resulting in the explosion and subsequent loss of innocent lives. Authorities should do something about reckless driving by truck and tanker drivers to reduce reoccurrence. Thank God, a lot of people escaped because the tanker did not explode immediately.I saw three dead bodies included a pregnant woman inside one of the burnt commercial sienna buses. Probably , she could not escape while others were escaping due to her condition. Don't drink and drive , they won't listen. So, sad.!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Mrtaye: 10:24am On Apr 27
caye:

Can you pls explain what happened on Otedola bridge around 2018, when a fuel tanker exploded and burnt hundreds of ppl in traffic jam?
Were they looking and watching also?

Are you sure this was not during a traffic jam?
No a lot of people escaped,I actually have a friend that lost his car and would have lost his life if he hadn't acted fast

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Sk5050: 10:25am On Apr 27
What a tragedy.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:36am On Apr 27
immortalcrown:
Many feard dead.

May none be confirmed dead.

Possible Causes of the Explosion:
Substandard tanker bucket.

Badly-refined oil.

Carelessness during transportation.

I am tempted to believe that Nigeria is the most careless and lawless country in Africa. I think that things like tanker explosions and road accidents happen more in Nigeria than in other African countries. In Nigeria, tankers use dented or leaking buckets to transport inflammable substance. People smoke near tankers. Filling stations are built near residential homes where people cook and burn things.
if you know eleme section of the east west road you will not blame the truck driver...
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by jaxxy(m): 11:12am On Apr 27
what caused the explosion?
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by SoliBayNG: 11:32am On Apr 27
Moroccoguy:

Don't they have state governor, when you know the important of road as a governor you don't need to wait for call from Abuja before doing the needful. RIP 😭😭😭

Stop exposing yourself outside. You for try do small research to know that the East-West Road is a federal road. The name itself has enough hints
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Mcslize: 11:49am On Apr 27
shaybebaby:
It is stuff like this that makes me fearful when driving in the UK even when I know the likelihood is low.

Where is our safety culture? Why do we place such a low premium on human life?

Fearful driving in the UK? Do tankers move about carelessly like those in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Faposky95: 12:12pm On Apr 27
immortalcrown:
Many feard dead.

May none be confirmed dead.

Possible Causes of the Explosion:
Substandard tanker bucket.

Badly-refined oil.

Carelessness during transportation.

Bad road.

There are many victims of this particular explosion, probably because people gathered instead of running away.

I am tempted to believe that Nigeria is the most careless and lawless country in Africa. I think that things like tanker explosions and road accidents happen more in Nigeria than in other African countries. In Nigeria, tankers use dented or leaking buckets to transport inflammable substance. People smoke near tankers. Filling stations are built near residential homes where people cook and burn things.

As much as avoidable death dey this land ehhhnnn
Safety studies suppose dey compulsory from primary School reach university.
If any government have it on their balls.to take accountability in ruling this country to 75%, I don't see why the next goal is not to reduce preventable death experiences a mile.
Dying in NAIJA only to see HELL....??!!!!!
.YAH thank you for this day.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by theamazonguru(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27
13greens:
That road is a death trap to motorists. With all the investment within that axis , federal government is not doing anything meaningful to fix it

Reconstruction is currently on going.
In fact that accident can be attributed to the on going reconstruction.

The contractor is working at a very slow snail-like pace.
The holdup that made several vehicles get caught up was as a result of the on-going construction.

RCC should be sacked from doing the job. Contract should be re awarded to JB.

You need to see how far J. has going with tej ENEKA work meanwhile they just got to site in less than 1 months, compared to RCC that has been on site for more than 4 months. I guess.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Mpanyi: 1:22pm On Apr 27
Tom1960:
The ugly incident happened close to my house. Relevant authorities will disclose the actual number of casualties in due time. However, I learnt that a truck driver while trying to overtake the exploded tanker scratched it resulting in the explosion and subsequent loss of innocent lives. Authorities should do something about reckless driving by truck and tanker drivers to reduce reoccurrence. Thank God, a lot of people escaped because the tanker did not explode immediately.I saw three dead bodies included a pregnant woman inside one of the burnt commercial sienna buses. Probably , she could not escape while others were escaping due to her condition. Don't drink and drive , they won't listen. So, sad.!

So sad. Thanks for the details though. At least I no know the figure is not as high as I earlier thought.

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by DestinyNigga: 1:32pm On Apr 27
Human being will be like burnt goat. May God save us from untimely death πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Elusive001: 2:07pm On Apr 27
Light78:

Who cares?

You see people scooping fuel when there is a leakage, but when it explodes, you come to tell me to say things I don't know.

And you think that that was the case at Eleme? I will give some sound advice. Do not be quick to make conclusions. Do not be quick to pass judgement. Try to get all facts.

You see a tanker catch fire in a tight holdup on a hill and you are here taking another thing. Pray that you will not be in a holdup and a fully PMS laden tanker catches fire and spills the product, flowing down a hill towards you.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by InvertedHammer: 2:15pm On Apr 27
cremedelacreme:
This catastrophe happened less than 1 hour after I passed that location. The portion of East/West road is something else especially from Alode bridge to trailer park.
/
This and other Federal roads should have been prioritized over the superhighway from Lagos to Calabar. But then it is Nigeria we are talking about. They let old things rot away and start building new things that they may never finish just to have avenues for looting.

/
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by shaybebaby(f): 2:16pm On Apr 27
Mcslize:

Fearful driving in the UK? Do tankers move about carelessly like those in Nigeria?
Not at all, but ptsd from Nigeria makes me fear them.

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Love800(m): 4:11pm On Apr 27
Is it a filling station?
Why are the cars on a queue?
NeckingNgulping:
I just put a call through to confirm it.. A lot of people died. Such a horrendous way to die. If you been there before, you'll understand how busy that place is.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:20pm On Apr 27
Love800:
Is it a filling station?
Why are the cars on a queue?

It's a high way. Eleme section of the east west road. There's a construction work going on there which causes traffic. Quite sad the vehicles were close together when it happened.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Love800(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27
Sad.
Thankz so much.
NeckingNgulping:

It's a high way. Eleme section of the east west road. There's a construction work going on there which causes traffic. Quite sad the vehicles were close together when it happened.

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Orinechi: 9:18pm On Apr 27
PointZerom:
RENO OMOKIRI MONIKER IN NAIRALAND IS opamoses1
Headless mob, leave Reno alone. He has a right to his own opinion.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by Mcslize: 9:39pm On Apr 27
shaybebaby:

Not at all, but ptsd from Nigeria makes me fear them.

I see!
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt by PointZerom: 2:01pm On Apr 28
RecentHistory:

Tinubu's Eko Atlantic city is bigger than the economy of the entire South East put together.

Lekki Deep Seaport is an example of a seaport you can never have.

LFTZ is Tinubu's brainchild. You don't have any in your place.

Las Las you'll sell your land to me before you can feed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ogun, Two Die, 12 Vehicles Burnt / Bus Tumbles On Gbagada Oshodi Express In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.