Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Founders Of Religions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Founders Of Religions (168 Views)

Unity Of Religions In The Universe / What Do You Think Of Religions Who Use Their Members To Claim Blessings Of A Few / For Education Purpose: Truth Of Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Founders Of Religions by God1000(m): 9:16am On Apr 28
Religion plays a major role in how people live their lives across the world. It informs people's morality, how they conduct themselves, and what they believe about the deeper truths of the universe. While there are many religions across the world, they do have some overlapping commonalities. For one, religions tend to be founded by a single individual who teaches his followers of his faith.

Founder of Christianity

Christianity is the largest religion in the world. It is the majority religion in North and South America, as well as in Europe and sub-Saharan Africa. However, Christianity has its origins in the Middle East. The founder of Christianity is Jesus Christ. Now, historians are not sure about much in regard to the figure of Jesus Christ. They do know that he was a historical figure who lived in the province of Palestine, which was part of the Roman Empire, in the first century CE. He preached a new version of Judaism, an ancient religion, and was eventually executed by the Roman state for his religious dissidence against the polytheistic faith of Rome.

Founder of Islam

Islam is the second largest religion in the world. It is the largest faith across North Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia. Islam was founded in the early 600s CE by Muhammad, an Arabian merchant who, according to the Quran, received the word of God while meditating on a mountain. Muhammad thereafter promulgated these new religious lessons to his followers.

Founder of Buddhism

While Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are connected, the Asian religion of Buddhism has a separate historical origin. Buddhism is the fourth most popular religion in the world, with its adherents most concentrated in South Asia, though there are many Buddhist believers in East Asia as well. This religion was founded by Siddhartha Gautama, who is given the title of the Buddha, meaning the "Awakened One."

Founder of Hinduism

Hinduism today is the most popular religion in India and the third most popular in the world. This is an ancient religion, originating from the prehistoric religious beliefs of the early people of that continent. Its earliest form was the Vedic faith, which worshipped multiple gods and was therefore polytheistic.

Founder of Judaism

Judaism is one of the oldest religions in the world. It is the majority faith of the country of Israel, though it is a minority religion across Europe and the Americas. Judaism holds there to have been many prophets throughout the ages which communicated to the Jewish people the word of God. The progenitor of the faith, however, was the prophet Abraham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6dCxo7t_aE

https://study.com/academy/lesson/founders-religions-history-list-facts.html

Nlfpmod mynd44

Re: Founders Of Religions by God1000(m): 9:18am On Apr 28
Tell us your religion, mine is Christianity
Re: Founders Of Religions by imiski(m): 9:33am On Apr 28
Some of Jesus sayings and actions were copied from Buddhism. So I think Buddhism is the father of Christianity. Some scholars believe that that vacuum of Christ childhood not recorded in the Bible, was the period of his coming into contact with the religion, as is evidenced by some of his sayings and miracles.
Re: Founders Of Religions by Michael547(m): 9:35am On Apr 28
God1000:
Religion plays a major role in how people live their lives across the world. It informs people's morality, how they conduct themselves, and what they believe about the deeper truths of the universe. While there are many religions across the world, they do have some overlapping commonalities. For one, religions tend to be founded by a single individual who teaches his followers of his faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6dCxo7t_aE

https://study.com/academy/lesson/founders-religions-history-list-facts.html

Nlfpmod mynd44
Which of these religions is actually the true religion?
Re: Founders Of Religions by imiski(m): 9:38am On Apr 28
Michael547:

Which of these religions is actually the true religion?
they are all just men attempting to explain the Creator in his own way.
Re: Founders Of Religions by Michael547(m): 9:40am On Apr 28
imiski:
they are all just men attempting to explain the Creator in his own way.
Ok.....Do you believe there is actually a creator?
Re: Founders Of Religions by imiski(m): 10:03am On Apr 28
Michael547:

Ok.....Do you believe there is actually a creator?
Certainly, the world and its ecosystem can’t just come by chance, there must be a force by which all things came to be

1 Like

Re: Founders Of Religions by Michael547(m): 10:04am On Apr 28
imiski:
Certainly, the world and its ecosystem can’t just come by chance, there must be a force by which all things came to be
So how do we get to know who the creator is?
Re: Founders Of Religions by imiski(m): 10:13am On Apr 28
Michael547:

So how do we get to know who the creator is?
First of all that is what religion has fruitlessly tried to explain for ages. I think you need to read about deism
Re: Founders Of Religions by Iamanoited: 10:21am On Apr 28
RELIGION IS RELATING TO LEGENDS.
Re: Founders Of Religions by Michael547(m): 10:30am On Apr 28
imiski:
First of all that is what religion has fruitlessly tried to explain for ages. I think you need to read about deism
I just read about deism....i found out Deism is the belief that God's existence is revealed through nature and not a revelation.

But the questions remain,
Who is this God that is revealed through nature?
What is his purpose for creating us?
How does he wants us to live as humans among ourselves?
What laws and principles does he wants us to follow?
Re: Founders Of Religions by imiski(m): 10:47am On Apr 28
Michael547:

I just read about deism....i found out Deism is the belief that God's existence is revealed through nature and not a revelation.

But the questions remain,
Who is this God that is revealed through nature?
What is his purpose for creating us?
How does he wants us to live as humans among ourselves?
What laws and principles does he wants us to follow?
These questions you asked, are what all the various religions have been trying to explain in their own understanding. This God you are referring to can be anything at all. No man has seen him and no man was there when he was creating. The creator if he wanted an acceptable form of worship according to his dictates, (since he is the Almighty and all that) would have given us some kind of personal inspiration on the particular way to go about it, in place of this disarray we call religion. Instead of condemning us to some kind of damnation for not worshiping him in the way he approves.
Re: Founders Of Religions by Michael547(m): 11:03am On Apr 28
imiski:
These questions you asked, are what all the various religions have been trying to explain in their own understanding. This God you are referring to can be anything at all. No man has seen him and no man was there when he was creating. The creator if he wanted an acceptable form of worship according to his dictates, (since he is the Almighty and all that) would have given us some kind of personal inspiration on the particular way to go about it, in place of this disarray we call religion. Instead of condemning us to some kind of damnation for not worshiping him in the way he approves.
Ok....so you are insinuating that those questions i asked cannot be Answered.
So we can't know the reason why we are here and why we die and how we should live amongst ourselves right?

Is it not also reasonable to conclude that there is actually no moral law that humans should be compelled to follow since we and anything we see can be referred to as God?
Re: Founders Of Religions by imiski(m): 11:11am On Apr 28
Michael547:

Ok....so you are insinuating that those questions i asked cannot be Answered.
So we can't know the reason why we are here and why we die and how we should live amongst ourselves right?

Is it not also reasonable to conclude that there is actually no moral law that humans should be compelled to follow since we and anything we see can be referred to as God?
The questions you asked, I have no personal answer for them. And I think that is why men turn to religion for answers. From the little, I've read about some religious beliefs(with reference to your question) I can say they are right in their own way.
Then, humans whether mavericks or theist all believe in Ethics. There are things that are generally wrong, you don't need a religion to point that out. If I were to steal your bag, and you shouted: Theif ohh!!! A Moslem, a Christian, an African traditional religionists, an atheist etc would chase me, because it is Ethically and morally wrong to steal irrespective of of your religious inclinations.
Re: Founders Of Religions by Michael547(m): 11:50am On Apr 28
imiski:
The questions you asked, I have no personal answer for them. And I think that is why men turn to religion for answers. From the little, I've read about some religious beliefs(with reference to your question) I can say they are right in their own way.
Then, humans whether mavericks or theist all believe in Ethics. There are things that are generally wrong, you don't need a religion to point that out. If I were to steal your bag, and you shouted: Theif ohh!!! A Moslem, a Christian, an African traditional religionists, an atheist etc would chase me, because it is Ethically and morally wrong to steal irrespective of of your religious inclinations.
For you to have no answers to my questions means Deism have no answers to them.

The bolded is funny.....who dictates what is 'generally wrong' since we are all 'individual God' having the right to set laws for ourselves? Is accepting something to be 'generally wrong' not the same idea present in many religions today? Why do we have to follow a generally wrong concept when we have to right to set laws for ourselves and act on those laws?
Re: Founders Of Religions by imiski(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28
Michael547:

For you to have no answers to my questions means Deism have no answers to them.

The bolded is funny.....who dictates what is 'generally wrong' since we are all 'individual God' having the right to set laws for ourselves? Is accepting something to be 'generally wrong' not the same idea present in many religions today? Why do we have to follow a generally wrong concept when we have to right to set laws for ourselves and act on those laws?

I never said and it can never be pointed anywhere that deism has answers to all the questions on earth, as religion always claims. Deism is a philosophical school of thought, your relating it to the “absoluteness” of religion is wrong.
then I think you have no idea of what Ethics is all about. And I never said that Humans are God, we are just plain humans. Maltreating a fellow human is bad even before the days of Jesus, Buddha and other “modern” religions it has been bad. You don't need any god to tell you that, like you don't need a God to tell a baby how to suck breasts. If you look at your Bible, the Israelites didn't need to law of Moses to know that they were been mistreated by the Egyptians, it's simple common sense ethics.
Re: Founders Of Religions by Michael547(m): 12:29pm On Apr 28
imiski:
I never said and it can never be pointed anywhere that deism has answers to all the questions on earth, as religion always claims. Deism is a philosophical school of thought, your relating it to the “absoluteness” of religion is wrong.

then I think you have no idea of what Ethics is all about. And I never said that Humans are God, we are just plain humans. Maltreating a fellow human is bad even before the days of Jesus, Buddha and other “modern” religions it has been bad. You don't need any god to tell you that, like you don't need a God to tell a baby how to suck breasts. If you look at your Bible, the Israelites didn't need to law of Moses to know that they were been mistreated by the Egyptians, it's simple common sense ethics.
You claimed that Deism is the true path by telling me to consider it. So I logically thought it would have answers to my questions. I just realized it does not.

The bolded is sounding funny now....you claimed that God can be 'Anything at all'. Does that exclude humans?

I never argued that I needed a God to tell me anything. The question now is,
Who has the right to decide what ethics is all about and to determine what is good and bad?
If you say that ethics is 'common sense', then who decides what common sense is?
What if my own common sense is to maltreat people just like the Egyptians, on what ground would you say it is bad?
Re: Founders Of Religions by Everyday247: 1:21pm On Apr 28
You only addressed five religions, what about the remaining?
What about indigenous religions such as ATR?
Re: Founders Of Religions by God1000(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28
Nlfpmod
Re: Founders Of Religions by Lucifyre: 6:48pm On Apr 28
Jesus himself never found Christianity, dude was a full on jew practicing Judaism throughout his life. His teachings and life formed the basis of the Christian faith, Paul would be a more worthy founder.
Re: Founders Of Religions by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Apr 28
God1000:
The foundation of your religion of Christianity can instead be traced back to the Roman empire, dogs -- Non-israelites -- whom Jesus Christ warned His sheep not to give that which is Holy -- the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to. undecided

Jesus Christ was anti religion in His teachings. He condemned religion beginning with the religious leaders of his time and their doctrines and traditions as being against God and hence against Him. Surely, you can see how the religion of Christianity which is famously modelled after the religion cursed by Jesus Christ cannot be a part of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / It Is A New Dawn! / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.