Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

NAIRA Is Still Pegged To The Dollar: Freedom From The World Economic Mess - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NAIRA Is Still Pegged To The Dollar: Freedom From The World Economic Mess (134 Views)

58 OAU Students Regain Freedom From EFCC Custody / JAMB Pegged 2018 UTME Cut Off Mark For Varsity 140, Polytechnic 120 / JAMB: why we pegged cut-off mark at 120 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NAIRA Is Still Pegged To The Dollar: Freedom From The World Economic Mess by IAmHim1: 2:41pm On Apr 28
Hie guys

This post is made in the fly lolzzz...just like I made this one on the fly too:

https://www.nairaland.com/8050528/dangote-refinery-selling-petrol-predicting

"A weak currency may help a country export gain market share when it's good is less expensive compared to goods priced in stronger currencies eg dollar

The increase in sales may boost economic growth and jobs while increasing profits for the foreign companies conducting business

THE WORLD Economic Confusion:

The Dollar is a floating currency not backed by anything except people's faith and demand for it and for floating currency exchange rates, the value of the country's currency changes is based PURELY on market forces ie

if people demand more of it and the supply is less, the value of the currency will rise and if people demand less of it and the supply is more, its value will fall

Now guess where the demand of the dollar MAJORLY comes from

People demand more of the dollar because the dollar is what is needed to buy crude oil!!

So this is how the dollar has managed to gain superiority over the years

TA-DA!!!

And all countries need crude oil thereby needing the dollar automatically

But what if all countries around the world start needing the Naira

How can this be made possible?

BY SELLING NIGERIA CRUDE OIL IN NAIRA

FIRST ADVANTAGE OF THIS CHANGE

1) Other countries are gonna settle for Nigeria crude oil BECAUSE It's easy to buy Nigeria NAIRA now since it's currently devalued compared to the United States dollar

Most countries DELIBERATELY devalue their currency so that they can encourage other countries to purchase its exports but since Nigeria currency is currently devalued, countries in Need of oil will settle for Nigeria oil AND it becomes a matter of time before they start exchanging their base currency for the Naira as Nigeria would be selling its oil in NAIRA

2) Nigeria oil is desired all around the world because of its less sulphur content which makes refining pretty easy

But Nigeria is not the only country selling sweet crude oil and if all countries start demanding their local currency to sell their countrys crude oil, not only would the dependence on dollar fall but a superpower of countries having sweet crude oil would be formed

so there we go...another dilemma....let's see how to solve this

I'll solve this using Bro Science...just like the last time. So buckle up lolzzz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAIRA Is Still Pegged To The Dollar: Freedom From The World Economic Mess by IAmHim1: 4:03am On May 04
I discovered something whilst typing this and that is why I decided to take a break. The economic picture is even bigger than I initially thought.

Something about game theory whivh I have 0.0000003% idea of. undecided
Almost like the dollar seem like the necessary evil grin

I'll keep this post here for now

(1) (Reply)

Education / How Do I Learn To Be Discipline In Preparing For My CIS Exams? / How I Regained Confidence To Write Ican Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.