Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident (37121 Views)

19 Passengers Die In Oyo-Ogbomoso Expressway Crash / Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Okoroawusa: 8:17pm On Apr 28
Our emergency services in Nigeria and the way we treat dead accident victims is very very appalling.
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by GenFunction: 8:18pm On Apr 28
19 is too much na...Dangote driver again?
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Hamilton1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 28
tnerro1:
Do people sue that dangote company for all these reckless driving?
You wan sue the richest man in Africa inside Nigeria? De play
You think say here na Europe abi America

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by frog12: 8:30pm On Apr 28
always DANGOTE trucks. wetin dey go on with this man. he no fit put him DRIVERS into real training
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28
ignis:
Spead kills
Dangote trailers kills not speed
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Weknowbetter: 9:11pm On Apr 28
Failed infrastructure, narrow bending roads that can't accommodate all the drivers. Impatient reckless idiot drivers, recipe for destruction. The perils of everday life. I hope the driver sees these bodies in his nightmares I hope the young child stops by his room every night to say hello

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:20pm On Apr 28
maxiuc:
Big vehicles are fund of bullying small cars and buses on the road avoid when necessary

One I was driving on the very single lane of Owerri Aba Express road this ifeanyichukwu luxurious bus was overtaking dangote truck I don't know if they challenging each other they both saw me coming jejely on my rightful lane I flashed light flash light yet both were coming in full force hmmm I Left the Lane and jump into ditches hmmm people that saw what mobilized the policemen on duty and they went after them i jejely thank God that I left the lane if not by now I wont be typing this.

As you are driving please don't assume that the other driver is seeing you always be attentive no dey drag road
True o

Some ppl 're not as normal as U,so never assume that

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by blueAgent(m): 9:27pm On Apr 28
realmindz:
There’s a difference between drivable roads and safe roads. Most roads in Nigeria are not safe. Either too Narrow, or sharp bends, and many other things

No good roads
No safe roads
No emergency response and care
No respect for the dead
And No body bags!

True.

But their priority na coastal road, when the existing ones are death traps.

My prayer is that, Let the supporters of wickedness and bad administration be the only victims of the effect of bad administration.

No innocent person should bear the effect of some ppls foolishness.

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Randomgist(m): 9:28pm On Apr 28
Govt needs to do something about dangote drivers, they are extremely reckless . For them there's no rules on the road. They overtake without minding whether there's on coming vehicle.
So disheartening.

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by blueAgent(m): 9:29pm On Apr 28
43Ronin:
Yesterday it was Eleme road with scores dead, today it's okene... the demon that Thiéfnubu arranged with to tie nigerians down despite open rigging is collecting its share from nigerians. Everyone should pray back to sender

I tell you.

The clown sold Nigeria to their Coven.

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by countryman13: 9:35pm On Apr 28
realmindz:
There’s a difference between drivable roads and safe roads. Most roads in Nigeria are not safe. Either too Narrow, or sharp bends, and many other things

No good roads
No safe roads
No emergency response and care
No respect for the dead
And No body bags!
I disagreed wt u on No good roads n No safe roads!
We need proper orientation when it comes to road usage in Nigeria. We have accidents happening in city centers like Abuja. Even Kd-Abuja roads(some years back was very ok). So what will u say in such situations? On safe roads, we are the one that will make d roads safe for our usage. Most drivers(both literates n illiterates) on Nigerian roads dont adhere to road sign, some are not mentally fit to drive in d neighbourhood let alone coming to d highways n so on. RIP to d dead

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by chibnnodi: 9:38pm On Apr 28
19 men depleted in Nigeria.
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by countryman13: 9:40pm On Apr 28
CheapHomes1:
FRSC is so dumb. the only they know is seat belt. the road is a dualised road. how was there overtaking that resulted in a head on collision on a dualized road?
ROUTE VIOLATION N WRONG OVERTAKING mentioned in d write up!

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by countryman13: 9:41pm On Apr 28
badoh:

Na Everytime you go deh blame govt? Se na govt cause this now or not following traffic rules?
D thing tire me bro!
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by CheapHomes1: 9:44pm On Apr 28
countryman13:

ROUTE VIOLATION N WRONG OVERTAKING mentioned in d write up!

“Unfortunately, 19 people out of the 22 victims were killed and one injured. The remaining two victims who got rescued by FRSC operatives without injuries survived the crash because they complied with traffic regulations on compulsory use of seatbelt."

this was also mentioned in the report. pls take note of the emphasis made by FRSC

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28
Urheadmaster:
angry

This Dangote 🚛 have killed more people in Nigeria than COVID 19 sad
I don't know how those truck drivers do it, it's as if they must take lives else they won't be complete

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by countryman13: 9:51pm On Apr 28
CheapHomes1:

“Unfortunately, 19 people out of the 22 victims were killed and one injured. The remaining two victims who got rescued by FRSC operatives without injuries survived the crash because they complied with traffic regulations on compulsory use of seatbelt."

this was also mentioned in the report. pls take note of the emphasis made by FRSC
Am not saying it wasn't mentioned but u asked a question on how such accident could happened on a dualized road? And that was why i wrote ROUTE VIOLATION AND WRONG OVERTAKING bodly,for u to see.
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by CheapHomes1: 9:56pm On Apr 28
countryman13:

Am not saying it wasn't mentioned but u asked a question on how such accident could happened on a dualized road? And that was why i wrote ROUTE VIOLATION AND WRONG OVERTAKING bodly,for u to see.

and I am sure you read the issues I raised about seat belt before the question I asked. that is why I quoted the comment of FRSC and highlighted it for you to see
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by tete7000(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28
This road safety job no dey easy o, the kind of things dey see everyday is scary.
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by countryman13: 10:02pm On Apr 28
CheapHomes1:

and I am sure you read the issues I raised about seat belt before the question I asked. that is why I quoted the comment of FRSC and highlighted it for you to see
They are two different things bro? How can such accident happened in a dualized road is an independent question which doesn't have anything to do with d safety belt issues! I rest my case for ur digestion

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by CheapHomes1: 10:14pm On Apr 28
countryman13:

They are two different things bro? How can such accident happened in a dualized road is an independent question which doesn't have anything to do with d safety belt issues! I rest my case for ur digestion

thats because you are seeing letters but not reading them. in this quote I shared with you earlier, FRSC said “Unfortunately, 19 people out of the 22 victims were killed and one injured. The remaining two victims who got rescued by FRSC operatives without injuries survived the crash because they complied with traffic regulations on compulsory use of seatbelt."

the FRSC is laying emphasis on seat belt as the reason people died or survived the accident and not on the carelessness of the driver who drove one way. you can see that in the comment above it says that those who wore seat belts "complied with traffic regulations" meaning that those who died did not comply with traffic regulation. whereas it was the driver who drove one way who did not comply with traffic regulation. how is wearing seat belt compliance with traffic regulation?
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by CryBarbie: 10:17pm On Apr 28
Evil state
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by countryman13: 10:23pm On Apr 28
CheapHomes1:
FRSC is so dumb. the only they know is seat belt. the road is a dualised road. how was there overtaking that resulted in a head on collision on a dualized road?
U seems not understand my take here! Ur last sentence simply shows u read d story half way before commenting because d question is quite different from d seat belt issues u raised! Gbabee!

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by KingLion007(m): 10:23pm On Apr 28
immortalcrown:
May the souls of the dead rest in peace.

Reckless driving caused. The government is not responsible for this one.

Many Nigerians are mad. Many vehicles have phone numbers printed on their bodies to be called to report driver's misconducts. I am not sure Dangote trailers have such numbers printed on them.

But wait oh! Fire engulfed the bus and burnt 19 passengers to death while two passengers that used seatbelts survived. How? Does seatbelt extinguish fire? What kind of report is this? Do you mean the seatbelts kept the two passengers safe and strong enough to escape before fire engulfed the bus? Kindly explain.
Same question dude.. The remaining 19 passengers does have seat belt but refused to wear them? And the two escaped due to wearing their seat belt even though the bus got burnt... Proper explanation Mbok!

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Emzedz: 10:47pm On Apr 28
No fire extinguishers to stop the fire?
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by CheapHomes1: 10:56pm On Apr 28
countryman13:

U seems not understand my take here! Ur last sentence simply shows u read d story half way before commenting because d question is quite different from d seat belt issues u raised! Gbabee!

in this quote I shared with you earlier, FRSC said “Unfortunately, 19 people out of the 22 victims were killed and one injured. The remaining two victims who got rescued by FRSC operatives without injuries survived the crash because they complied with traffic regulations on compulsory use of seatbelt."

the FRSC is laying emphasis on seat belt as the reason people died or survived the accident and not on the carelessness of the driver who drove one way. you can see that in the comment above it says that those who wore seat belts "complied with traffic regulations" meaning that those who died did not comply with traffic regulation. whereas it was the driver who drove one way who did not comply with traffic regulation. how is wearing seat belt compliance with traffic regulation?
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by YorubaForum: 11:23pm On Apr 28
Dangote drinking blood since time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by countryman13: 12:08am On Apr 29
CheapHomes1:

in this quote I shared with you earlier, FRSC said “Unfortunately, 19 people out of the 22 victims were killed and one injured. The remaining two victims who got rescued by FRSC operatives without injuries survived the crash because they complied with traffic regulations on compulsory use of seatbelt."

Hmmmmmm! Na wa oooo
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by MrJames007: 12:46am On Apr 29
Oh, dat baby. cry

But this is a dual carriageway. How did the get head-on collision
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by olurotimi(m): 1:05am On Apr 29
What a sad news. RIP to the dead ones. The money gbello stole could have fixed some of Kogi bad roads, why is EFCC slow in getting him arrested even up till now.
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 6:07am On Apr 29
God done save me more than 3 time for that okene road, almost all the time na dangote go just commot from their lane come your lane fa e to face. May their soul rest in peace
Re: 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident by Successlane: 10:13am On Apr 29
immortalcrown:
May the souls of the dead rest in peace.

Reckless driving caused. The government is not responsible for this one.

Many Nigerians are mad. Many vehicles have phone numbers printed on their bodies to be called to report driver's misconducts. I am not sure Dangote trailers have such numbers printed on them.

But wait oh! Fire engulfed the bus and burnt 19 passengers to death while two passengers that used seatbelts survived. How? Does seatbelt extinguish fire? What kind of report is this? Do you mean the seatbelts kept the two passengers safe and strong enough to escape before fire engulfed the bus? Kindly explain.

This one confused me too. How?

RIP to the dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Box Junction: What Is The Meaning Of This Road Marking? (PHOTOS) / Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) / The Beauty Of Maiduguri At Night (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.