Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. (16815 Views)

Water Scarcity At UCH, Ibadan: Surgeries Postponed / COVID-19: Almost All Doctors At UCH's Paediatric Department Are Infected / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by Adeolajude(m): 7:06am On Apr 29
MIR machine is not working but one usesles governor in another state is paying down payment of school fee to the tone of billions for his child..in Nigeria no one gives a Bleep.
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by onyxo76(m): 7:13am On Apr 29
okusman:
Good bless Are Afe Babalola. Abuad University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti has 3 standard MRI machines as well as CT scan...

that's a good hospital to go to ,I think it's the only one in the entire south west that you can practically do any test you need .
Chief Babalola really tried for thar hospital.

4 Likes

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by Chibuezem(m): 7:18am On Apr 29
haybhi1:
Lol, UCH get MRI? How many top teaching hospitals get am for Naija?
MRI is an expensive diagnostic equipment. Our SR was telling us it costs about ₦2B to own one. People who can fix or produce it are rich automatically, these are stuff you should learn.

It's also a business idea that you buy this thing and put it in top teaching hospitals, if you're rich. A single diagnosis, using it goes for nothing less than 80k, and it's one of the unavoidable medical tools.

Thank me later.
Fmc umuahia has one though.

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by onyxo76(m): 7:21am On Apr 29
frog12:
young nigerian doctors are very ARROGANT and they complain too much. dis or dat. I don't mind increasing their salaries a little bit but they will still not be CONTENTED.
what has doctors arrogance got to do with this topic? we are talking about a top rated hospital not having a functioning MRI machine and you are here talking about doctors complaining and salaries.

2 Likes

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by justifyme(m): 7:42am On Apr 29
kpakpakpa:

How much pls?

80k if the scan results requires contrast injection then 50k making it 130k

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by abdsamad(m): 7:47am On Apr 29
When doctors go on strike it's the same set of people that'll call them evil.

Issokay o. Issokay.

Either we start organising grassroots movements that'll put pressure on the powerful or we keep nairalanding our ineffective blows

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by NaBanga: 7:48am On Apr 29
I implore anyone who is thinking of taking a second and third wife, to first focus on their community. The money spent on women could be used to better your environment and way of life. When will Africans care about their well being as a whole? It may never happen, but someone has to speak about this at every opportunity. Africans lack a form of intelligence that is needed to further society, but I truly believe it's due to selfishness and not lack of brain cells.
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by Fcwilly: 7:50am On Apr 29
Kelklein:
The money one politician (esp a governor) would launder from his state to pay his children's school fees for life and hide the remaining in the School's account is enough to buy 10 MRI machines, and more..

Nigeria is generally flawed (I hate to call it a joke). We run a system that ensures that things like this continue to elude us..

The powerful rulers (and weaker institutions) we have created haven't help the country and things would only get south from here..

We would start to get it right when we start to create stronger institutions and weaker individuals..

That would start with creating a brand new People's Constitution..

That's exactly what this current EFCC Boss is trying to create. I believe in him, and I pray he succeed, even Tinubu will regret ever appointing him. Because las las him too go collect.

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by Dougad: 8:03am On Apr 29
N800,000 a month In Nigeria is way better than €3000 in the abroad
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by ufotunang: 8:06am On Apr 29
Reno omokiri and his supporters will soon blame Peter obi for this
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by ufotunang: 8:11am On Apr 29
What do you expect when Tinubu and other politcians travel to abroad foreign country for medical treatment... when you do not value what you have in your own country... the thing you do not value will start to be deteriorating, ruin and destroyed.. simple

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by ufotunang: 8:13am On Apr 29
What did you expect from a president that the only thing he can only tell nigerians during his presidential campaign that..it's my turn
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by phineas: 8:50am On Apr 29
Just a quick reminder that end Sars protesters burnt MRI machine that the state was still paying for at a govt facility in kogi or was it kwara back then and the commissioner was crying like a baby,back then Nigerians mocked him for crying....

That's the country we live in
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by SUNNINO(m): 8:56am On Apr 29
Overhyped institution in overhyped region by overhyped people , tomorrow they will pay rating organisation to rate them above all, from UI, Unilag, OAU, Unilorin and CU all overated without real substance as claimed, believe them at your own peril.
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by TalkingBird: 9:02am On Apr 29
Pls lets crowd fund for this equipment repair.
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by theredaddy: 9:05am On Apr 29
LagosFirstSon:
It can only be in Ibadan

That's why the people from there lay claim to owning Lagos because there state not functioning

mumu, no person from ibadan as succeed in occupying the executive sit of Lagos ...

there is no real yoruba nor inferior yoruba, Yorubas are one, that why any yoruba can claim owning Lagos, we don't mind
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by uuzba(m): 9:10am On Apr 29
Engineers in the house.
Project: Construct MRI machine.

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by flyinnizam(m): 9:16am On Apr 29
haybhi1:
MRI is an expensive diagnostic equipment. Our SR was telling us it costs about ₦2B to own one. People who can fix or produce it are rich automatically, these are stuff you should learn.

It's also a business idea that you buy this thing and put it in top teaching hospitals, if you're rich. A single diagnosis, using it goes for nothing less than 80k, and it's one of the unavoidable medical tools.

Thank me later.
it's expensive but not up to 2Billion naira. it's between 1B to 1.5B
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by flyinnizam(m): 9:17am On Apr 29
Kelklein:
The money one politician (esp a governor) would launder from his state to pay his children's school fees for life and hide the remaining in the School's account is enough to buy 10 MRI machines, and more..

Nigeria is generally flawed (I hate to call it a joke). We run a system that ensures that things like this continue to elude us..

The powerful rulers (and weaker institutions) we have created haven't help the country and things would only get south from here..

We would start to get it right when we start to create stronger institutions and weaker individuals..

that money can only buy one MRI machine. stop saying what u don't know
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by lakefist(m): 9:17am On Apr 29
Thundafireseun:
News like this makes me want to JAPA ….

Not for my sake mainly….But to be able to give my children the best opportunities in life

The ODE below me has not taken his malaria medication, kindly ignore his fooooooolishnesss

MRI wey people Dey do anyhow for abroad.

Dialysis wey people Dey gather contribute money for Naija na free abroad public hospitals.
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by theredaddy: 9:20am On Apr 29
sonnie10:
I can help fix the machine but that problem is that it is obsolete and parts might not be available.
When these people buy such equipment, they should never pay in full. Instead they should lease from the manufacturer. Siemens, GE, Philips and Konica are all good brands.
An agreement of sales and service should be reached to reduce downtime.
This is a money spinner but most investors in Nigeria are only interested in hotel business.
A quick maths will give you an idea of the business aspect
Take for instance, at 100k per exam for easy 20 exams in a day is #2M
An equipment lease of 20 % interest rate of $150k ( equipment cost and installing) is just $30k. Divine this by 12 month you have $2500 a month
This amount is achievable in any teaching hospital MRI department in Nigeria.
And they will have newer, well maintained machine.
Lack of information and exposure to international market / investors is the problem in these respect.
In case they need my help and service I am available.

Bro, fund is not the problem as they do always make us believe, the reasons why those machine are either not available or well maintain is just Corruption.

I remember my conversation with one CMD then on how to upgrade the hospital, ... when i talk finish he looked at me nd smile, he said : do you think i don't know all those things you said

Meaning our leaders know what to do, they won't just do it for selfish reasons

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by Thundafireseun: 9:29am On Apr 29
lakefist:

MRI wey people Dey do anyhow for abroad.

Dialysis wey people Dey gather contribute money for Naija na free abroad public hospitals.

Its really hard to watch your love one in pain and nothing can be done about it

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by RussellRutherfo: 9:36am On Apr 29
Kelklein:

Is something wrong with the Black race?!

I am beginning to feel tired of all these.

1 Like

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by caye(m): 9:41am On Apr 29
onadana:
It is to the interest of the hospital management that this equipment don't work.Patients can be sent on referral to their private clinics and labs.
...and I think this is one of the major criminal racket making healthcare inaccessible to ordinary Nigerians: evil doctors profiting from human misery.
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by cardoctor(m): 9:43am On Apr 29
Tinubu must hear of this.
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by caye(m): 9:49am On Apr 29
onyxo76:

that's a good hospital to go to ,I think it's the only one in the entire south west that you can practically do any test you need .
Chief Babalola really tried for thar hospital.
May Olodumare bless Baba.
To even think he is a traditionalist ( he is of Ifa religion)!

Can't even many churches band together and partner with Vine branch hospital ( of Vine branch church mokola; one of the best in south west) and get 1-2 MRI machines?
Big churches must learn to put differences aside , and solve societal problems.
We are the salt ( what gives joy) of the earth.
But if the salt has lost its taste nko, it will be thrown out and trampled underneath by men.

2 Likes

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by Pootle: 10:43am On Apr 29
what was the medical director doing till it shut down completely, time to hold everyone told to manage an affair responsible for there inaction
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by PHAYOL81: 11:04am On Apr 29
Can you imagine this?
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by kpakpakpa(m): 11:25am On Apr 29
justifyme:

80k if the scan results requires contrast injection then 50k making it 130k
Thanks for info
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by nisam: 12:00pm On Apr 29
Nawa ooo, e don cast finish oooo
Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by wiseoneking: 12:43pm On Apr 29
haybhi1:

Thank me later.
And to you 2 billion naira is too big for the federal government to put in the Nigeria first university teaching hospital? You are kidding! Expensive my foot.

2 Likes

Re: MRI Machine At UCH Ibadan Is Not Working. Patients Suffering. by delishpot: 1:38pm On Apr 29
Is anything working in Nigeria? Evil people full that country. In fact na headquarters of blood suckers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water / Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment / Chineto Ozigbo Speaks On COVID19. Supports Anambra With N20 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.