Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (6489 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Dzooka: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
Patriotism!mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Eagles Call

Eagles coach Stephen Keshi revealed his frustration with midfielder, John Obi Mikel who failed to play in the two friendly games against Botswana and Zambia.

The Chelsea player claimed to have an injury, which forced him out. But Keshi said he was just watching whether Mikel would play for the Blues this weekend before he passes judgment on his commitment to the national team.

“I will be disappointed if he plays for Chelsea this weekend. I will be very very disappointed,” Keshi said in Kaduna after the game against Zambia.
http://sports.peacefmonline.com/soccer/201111/79645.php
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by honeric01(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
Keshi's never going to call him again, it's time for Sanni Kaita be called back to the SE.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by MeGaStReEt: 12:44am On Nov 21, 2011
Dzooka:

Eagles coach Stephen Keshi revealed his frustration with midfielder, John Obi Mikel who failed to play in the two friendly games against Botswana and Zambia.

The Chelsea player claimed to have an injury, which forced him out. But Keshi said he was just watching whether Mikel would play for the Blues this weekend before he passes judgment on his commitment to the national team.

I will be disappointed if he plays for Chelsea this weekend. I will be very very disappointed,” Keshi said in Kaduna after the game against Zambia.
http://sports.peacefmonline.com/soccer/201111/79645.php

I am more dissapointed that we didnt win yesterday. Mr. Keshi farabale
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by mikuz(m): 8:15am On Nov 21, 2011
Mikel is a hugely an over hyped player,he aint good the way people see him. Let's forget about the dude abeg!
Kaita is far more better than him.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Babamide(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2011
honeric01:

Keshi's never going to call him again, it's time for Sanni Kaita be called back to the SE.
mikuz:

Mikel is a hugely an over hyped player,he aint good the way people see him. Let's forget about the dude abeg!
Kaita is far more better than him.
Is there any other kaita or it is the send world cup red card kaita? I agree mikel is no good with his performance yesterday but keshi better find another replacement. No Kaita ooo.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2011
Bring back Sanni Kaita!!

He is better than Mikel, more committed than Mikel and I dont think its fair to kill him for losing his cool on one occasion.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Basics007: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2011
Every SE coach since Amodu should've learnt to call Mikel's bluff by now. He keeps rubbishing them and they keep going back to him.
It's not as if he's Schweinsteinger or Yahya Toure so why this fixation with him. Coaches do your job,call his bluff and restore your dignity FFS!
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2011
Was it not same guy that said he has serving naija with all his heart when his dad was kidnapped?
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Afam4eva(m): 10:57am On Nov 21, 2011
Okija_juju:

Bring back Sanni Kaita!!

He is better than Mikel, more committed than Mikel and I dont think its fair to kill him for losing his cool on one occasion.

The same Kaita that you people rubbished just because of a single flop at the world cup.

I also think Mikel is overhyped. There are other players that can take his place in the eagles.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by sebastinta(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2011
any1 but kaita, aside from his red card, he didnt do anythn in d world cup
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Darey00(m): 11:03am On Nov 21, 2011
Off d record,Mikel is a piece of junk. His arrogance shows in his play also. Well,i dont blame him,i blame 9ja coaches who cant luk beyond a retarded 23 yr old who scored just 2 goals ova a 5 yr period
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by omar22(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2011
You complain when Mikel is in the team, now you moan when he pulls out of the joke of African football
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by omo9ja1(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2011
Mikel Obi is among the pensioners at Stamford bridge why should we bank on him, look at his current performance I hope Keshi watch the match yesterday
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Wadosky(m): 11:35am On Nov 21, 2011
He started for chelsea but caused a blunder so don't worry about players abroad,dig up from our local league,create competition amongst the players.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by 1forall: 11:41am On Nov 21, 2011
Come to think of it, with the state of things with Nigerian football and the corrupt NFF, what's to play for in the National team? To hell with patriotism, no be dis same country wey give Yobo national honour?

I don't blame Mikel cos it's his decision to choose where he prefers to play, and even when he plays for the Eagles his impact is hardly felt anyway.

But walahi Mikel fall my hand yesterday ooh
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Okijajuju1(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2011
afam4eva:

The same Kaita that you people rubbished just because of a single flop at the world cup.

I also think Mikel is overhyped. There are other players that can take his place in the eagles.

I bet you cant find any post of mine where I crucified him.

He lost his cool on that day for whatever reason, but you can never fault Sani Kaitas commitment to the super eagles. First in camp, never involved in any skirmishes and always puts in 110% everytime he is on the pitch.

Even if we dont re-call him, we need players like himself and Kanu Nwankwo who put country first and showed unwaivering loyal to the Green &white!
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2011
I don't want to be talking like a preacher at all
I no want to do as I sabi pass ball
I know say eno be everybody e sabi play ball
But arise, o compatriot, if Nigeria call

cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
nigeria honors those who dishonor her, and dishonors those who honor her.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
Sani Kaita Now Berra Than Mikel? I Laff In Senegalese -- Very Soon its Goin' to be Enyimba Bigger than Barcelona grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by 9ijaprince(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2011
i think mikel's days at the national team are numbered,not just national team but chelsea also.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Baawaa(m): 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2011
Indiscipline will finish the super eagle,write it down
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by 9ijaprince(m): 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2011
oyb:

cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed

gbam!
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by kareality(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
I need fairly used MTN outdoor radio for cyber cafe.

if available please contact me on:

or

empire27@ymail.com
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by sesman(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
he was rubbish for chelsea on sunday anyway, his performance was lacklustre and like other people have pointed out, he is over-hyped, he surely wont be missed.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by msGoldie: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
mtshewwwwwwwwwwwwww, i jst hate wen d name mikel is mentioned, d Guy na shit yesterday, which yeye bakbone? i hate him and chelsea anytym anyday
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
angry angry angry
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by spyglaxx: 1:22pm On Nov 21, 2011
arise oh compatriots!!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
As a chelsea fan mikel is one of my least favourite player at d club, too slow
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by queensmith: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
i dont see why he should play the friendlies- risk getting injured or even worse not even being paid significantly, whats in it for him? doesnt matter if he is or isnt a fantastic player- if the team could get thier act together everyone will be proud of serving it! did emmanuel adebayor not quit international football when the headache became excessive? abeg please dont blame the guy in his position most of us will have changed nationality quick quick!
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by datnigga: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2011
I dnt blame mikel, players make mistakes all d time jst like john terry slipped against arsenal. Bt what i wud like to knw is wt happend to haruna lukman
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by bigsean(m): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
Mikel!!!
Overhyped brat, I think nigeria as a country will be better of if we take the time and look for better players both locally and internationally.
Let's face it, mikel had a lot if promise; but never really matured into a good player, either cos of choice of club or maybe he was never really that good in the first place
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2011
He was good. Maybe its the choice of club

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Quotes / Photos Of Peru Female Fans Flashing Their Boobs During World Cup GAME / Leading Scorers In The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.