Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (6497 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Sike(m): 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
spyglaxx:

arise oh compatriots!!!!!!!
Nigeria jam Obey. . .To serve our father Jungle!
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by sley4life(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2011
he's a numb
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by bisiaet: 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
Well I think it is time up Mikel. Keshi should just look eslsewhere for replacement i'm not going to suggest Keita or anyone I belirf Keshi has the experience to do the right thing. Mikel is not bigger than Nigeria.

And he is no better than other players so if he has chosen to do as he wanted then he should be ready to be shown the exit is as simple as that. Keshi pls look elsewhere as amater of fact i'm even fed up of so many of our eagle player which Mikel is one of them and he need to be show the way out right away.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by itiswell1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2011
I won't be surprised if I see Mikel becoming untouchable.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by SAfulfill(f): 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2011
What is the usefulness of starting?when he eventually let the team down
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Intrepid1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
woodcook:

Was it not same guy that said he has serving naija with all his heart when his dad was kidnapped?

The over-aged idiat was playing to the gallery jare! Heart ko, heat ni! The pompous fool is a hugely over-rated player whose nuisance value outweighs whatever merits he possesses. See the rubbish he played against Liverpool. His role in Chelsea is to pass the ball from side to side, finish! See his fellow age-reducer Taye Taiwo and the rubbish he is playing in AC Milan! Pathetic!
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by honeric01(m): 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2011
I don't even think Keshi is going to invite him, i don't see that at all.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Meldrick(m): 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2011
it is well:

I won't be surprised if I see Mikel becoming untouchable.
He'll end up like Oliseh and be irrelevant in the national team. Clubwise he'll be offloaded. He is just a luxury to Chelsea. He'll end up in QPR and that's if they are ready to buy him.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by sylve11: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
him nor even sabi how to play ball self sad cool
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by y3mz1(f): 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2011
hmm interesting
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by kazman7(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2011
mikel,messi and fabregas played 2005 world youth tournament together,mikel was rated second best player in that tournament,, but what has happened to mikel the midfield mashal of 2005,instead of improving the guyman just dey "umprove"
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by samdigo(m): 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2011
I'm not a big fan of mikel, but honestly I would have done the same thing. Th super eagles have deteriorated to the point where it is a wast of time for a player like mikel to waste his time playing teams like botswana and co. No nations cup, and u r callin him 2 play Botswana. Dats an insult to mikel. The fact dat they changed coach again to an incompetent old head named kelshi or wateva, shoes da nff has no future plan, or goals for the future. Abet leave mikel alone and fix the freaking team
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2011
Mikel is not a good player fine, but who is Sanni Kaita an aboki who should be tendering cattle. Imagine his stupidity at the wcup. Keshi, give Lukman Haruna and Joel Obi the talismanic role of a proud and arrogant Mikel.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by ortopazz(m): 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
Mikel iz bad, baddera, baddadadarest, they guy iz too ovar hyped, I mean the place, he fuckd up most was when shiasah, made him to dishonour dat captain badge, which under hiz arms he was more than a shame to 9ja, Against messi of al pipol, hz benchmark 4 sucesz, yet he stil messd up, the guy na bumpibi, dundi.
I thought evn after keshi talkd thz guy wil use hiz 24' upper sense, though his is slow anywaiz, n stay bk, yt he playd, he calld thd shotz in thiz case, and 4rm wat I read in Brown Ideye'z interview about keshi, I think he just messed up wiv the wrng boss.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by ortopazz(m): 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
samdigo:

I'm not a big fan of mikel, but honestly I would have done the same thing. Th super eagles have deteriorated to the point where it is a wast of time for a player like mikel to waste his time playing teams like botswana and co. No nations cup, and u r callin him 2 play Botswana. Dats an insult to mikel. The fact dat they changed coach again to an incompetent old head named kelshi or wateva, shoes da nff has no future plan, or goals for the future. Abet leave mikel alone and fix the freaking team

come were u drinking? Botswana bigger than mikel, cud he av done wat those guys hu playd against botswan.did? Listn to urslf, wn he was handed captain, I knw he was ur man of d match, bunki, and please leave keshi outta diz, afterall he said so b4 diz happnd, and must playerz be paid, always? Did they use to inspire falcons, or the falconets wiv incentives? Nt until of recnt, whn their eaglz startd fuckin up, yt those ones playd wholeheartedly, yt sum donkeys r of the opinion that he shud nt have featured cuz they were nt paid, u just disgrace urselves wile lukin at u.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by dadicvila(m): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Samdigo u nid to have ur cranium checked, playing friendly match is an insult to him??are u kidding me??is he George weah??even when Weah was World best he was still playing friendly matches 4 a Liberian side with little or no hope of qualifying 4 any tournament,is he bigger than the the oda players dat played??its people like U dat will drag evil to ur life because u continue to support rubbish,Etuhu and Ayila can play dat position with ease,left 4 me,Mikel will never play 4 Naija
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by honeric01(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
Francis Diote:

Mikel is not a good player fine, but who is Sanni Kaita an aboki who should be tendering cattle. Imagine his stupidity at the wcup. Keshi, give Lukman Haruna and Joel Obi the talismanic role of a proud and arrogant Mikel.

So because he's an aboki, he should not play ball? oya slap youself! angry
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by godman01(m): 11:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
You keep blaming the guy, when your country's football has frustrated him also. He is also disappointed in the SE.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by lastpage: 2:12am On Nov 22, 2011
There are "so many sides" to Nigeria's dwindling fortunes in football.
Its not just Mikel alone, though i think he is past is "sell-by-date". He is one player that showed so much promise and delivered so little.
Infact, l still wonder if its the same Mikel of 2005! Look at Messi, look at Fabregas? What happened to our own "big man"? Arrogance?

Having said that, l will state here that just like Berti Voghts, LagerBack, Siaisia, Amodu, e.t.c, EVERY EAGLES COACH, INCLUDING KESHI, WILL FAIL!

As long as the Football Association is still occupied by that Mafia whose sole interest is how to make money and line their personal pockets!

We are only running after Mikel simply because we lack other promising players to readily replace him, even as poor as his performance is!

In days gone by, right from Primary School, we organized competitions, in Secondary School, we had the PRINCIPAL'S CUP and it produced a lot of stars for the National Team.

We had the NUGA (Nigerian University Games), we had the NIPOGA (Polytechnic version) and it produced the likes of Iphowonsa Omoregie, Adeolu Adekola, Aloy Agu, e.t.c. Gone are the days when every "long Holiday" was a football fiesta, so much so that foreign-based players troop home to come and play "Street competition football"!

Go to Ajegunle, Evans Square, White Sand, CMS in Bariga, Iwaya, Ojo Playing Ground, Ikorodu College grounds, e.t.c, places that were once bubbling with "football competition", its either empty, converted for Owambe parties or built-up with shops!

You cant expect "miracles" when all you depend on, are foreign-based players!

We have to develop football from the grass-roots (like the Brits do with their Academies).
We have to go back to basis and ORGANIZE football from the Bottom-Up.

Nigeria is gifted but we lack good administrators. What we have are selfish crooks and criminals, running football.

Just watch Stephen Keshi in two years time! grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by samdigo(m): 3:53am On Nov 22, 2011
All I'm saying is dat nff need to get a permanent coach and get a long term, expensive coach, who has a passion for the super eagles, get a plan for the team, then make it known b4 u start inviting ppl to come play,
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by ortopazz(m): 6:17am On Nov 22, 2011
I wonder was tsup wiv guys n keshi, Keshi is the coach for Eagles, just read complete sports interview with BrownIDeye, last saturday19th.2011, then y'al wil get a glimpse.
Foreign coaches of today cannot fulfil our dreams, look at capello evry1 said he was going to take England to the next level yet even with an array of stars, committment still lacks. Give him the Italian job and see how involvd he will be, whether or not England wins the cup he aint bothered thats all this foreign coaches see the Nigerian job, becos afterall its just a job. I believe in keshi and know that if given a chance something greater than 94' eagles wil emerge.
No.1KESHI FAN.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by ortopazz(m): 6:18am On Nov 22, 2011
I wonder was tsup wiv guys n keshi, Keshi is the coach for Eagles, just read complete sports interview with BrownIDeye, last saturday19th.2011, then y'al wil get a glimpse.
Foreign coaches of today cannot fulfil our dreams, look at capello evry1 said he was going to take England to the next level yet even with an array of stars, committment still lacks. Give him the Italian job and see how involvd he will be, whether or not England wins the cup he aint bothered thats all this foreign coaches see the Nigerian job, becos afterall its just a job. I believe in keshi and know that if given a chance something greater than 94' eagles wil emerge.
No.1KESHI FAN.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by honeric01(m): 6:19am On Nov 22, 2011
ortopazz:

No.1KESHI FAN.

Tell Keshi to stop that plan of his, why should he be calling old men in their 30s to a team he plans to build for 2014 world cup? angry
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by ortopazz(m): 6:32am On Nov 22, 2011
Which foreign cnach wil agree to go all those places in Ajegunle, and the rest of the places mentioned above? Or better stil agree to live In Nigeria, under our whether, no matter the money they wil always dictate and say that they are travelling round Europe in search of 9ja playerz, and then what?
For e.g largerbk was coach of swedn his homecountry 4 8yrz since 2002,worldcup, and I cn say he was more passionate buh given the 9jirian, money factor became an issue and still he dint stay in Naija, no foreign coaches of today r like westerhof,(that man is an African-euroPEAN). Lets appriciate our own.

Mikel is no gud, the moment he sees that he cnt play 4 naija then he wil sit up, buh 4 nw,his a bunch of waste embedded in that jersey10 as a disgrace. Itz high time rabiu ibrahim was invited to the nat.team. That was our future 4rm Yemi Tella of(late) and stil I believe he is.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by honeric01(m): 6:37am On Nov 22, 2011
^^^

Are u a robot? what are you saying?
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by ChiefS(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2011
Some positions in a team are hardly appreciated.Strikers are more appreciated in a team than defenders and defensive midfielders.This accounts for the little appreciation to some players in the Super eages like Sanni Kaita.In the 2008 Olympics, Kaita and Ajilore were very outstanding and were the ones that made much difference in that team.I'm quite sure that if kaita played in the match againt guinea we wouldn't have conceded those 2 cheap goals.Our coaches should just be objective in their selection and don't remove sentiment in team selection.Agreed Kaita cost us the match against Greece due to a little moment of 'madness' but it could happen to anyone.He should be forgiven and recalled to the team.

As for mikel, we already have better replacements if the coaches can just forget about him.Nobody is indispensable!The earlier he forget about him the better.
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by Ayoobscom(m): 9:51am On Nov 22, 2011
Petr Cech shouldn't have given him ball while 3 opponent lined around him, if he was any kind of fast player he could have quickly offset the ball to throw or return it quikly back to d blind keeper.

Yakubu and Keita posistion in super eagle is yet to be found equaled replacement.

Just watch the beach training at your backyard they seem better than super eagle of nowadays
Re: Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call by 1025: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2011
if mikel is not patriotic, who is? starting from the number one citizen of nigeria to the last citizen including the original poster, let one of us tell me who is patriotic.
how many nigerians have private jets and who among them have considered it worth doing donating it to the super eagles for a football match trip?
most of the matches were not shown by any of our local channels and that is patrotism abi?
jonathan for the fear of boko haram refused to celebrate at eagles square and wicked and evil nigerians took a football match to the base of boko haram and was waiting for mikel to come with his patriotism so that u will add him to the late sam okwaraji abi? shame on all of u patriotic nigerians. who among u does not know that the fear of boko haram is the beginning of wisdom?
in our wickedness, we have refused to accept the fact that mikel sabi play ball yet whenever he misses out, we will gather to call for his head, una be God?
look at the 350 ppl that received our national honours and awards, tell me who among them is more patriotic than these footballers that are patriotic enough not to be part of the crazy looting going on in this useless jungle called nigeria.
if i be footballer, i will choose niger or benin instead of nigeria.
na so una push siasia him go ask mikel to pay him $5k today, we no see siasia and we no see $5k. na so una carry una patriotism go kidnap the guy papa come dey ask $4b thieves and patriotism.
abeg, any of u that is not happy with mikel shld go and hug a very funtional transformer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? / Leading Scorers In The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) / Europe's Best Penalty Takers In The World Of Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.