Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? (2427 Views)

How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Kola Breaking Ceremony (Iwa Ọjị) Of The Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Bardo: 3:00pm On Apr 29
banku:
Only God knows what happens to Igbo these days. A very proud people, comfortable with their heritage are now willing to exchange it for pittance.

In Nigeria alone, Fulani and Hausa have fairer skin people than anywhere. So are the Itsetkiri and people around the coast.

Yet, some Igbo celebrate light skinned or mixed race than anyone in Nigeria. Please chill, you are embarrassing yourselves inside and outside Africa.

You should go and compare the average Igbo man in the North to the average Hausa man there. Just because they look araboid doesn’t mean they are light skinned. I schooled in the North so I know what I’m talking about.

Out of all the Igbo people that I met in my school, only like 2 or 3 had darkish complexion, compared to the majority of Hausa Fulani there

2 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by FxMasterz: 3:08pm On Apr 29
chopnaira:

You would have to go and download Basden's book yourself 😂

Alright. Thank you.

What's the book title please?
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by PureFace1(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29
Many Igbo women were raped by Europeans during the colonial times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by 9japride(m): 3:15pm On Apr 29
PureFace1:
[color=#006600][/color]

You guys are just catching cruise. I hope you will be proud of this statement later on?

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by victory36(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29
Bullshit thread. Most Nigerians tribes have lightskinned people
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by ednut1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29
chopnaira:

I don't know..I only posted what I saw but also recall that the ibos esnalved ibos so there might be some bias.

Some Europeans also talked about how they met onitcha in the 1850s or something. See below
this is from Samuel Ajayi Crowther’s book not An european

4 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Airlord2030: 3:22pm On Apr 29
This tribe and inferiority complex.

every tribe has light skin people, but you will never see them opening such thread.

I am lightskin so are my parents. But we don't care.

stupid tribe...

5 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Bulldozer90: 3:23pm On Apr 29
banku:
Only God knows what happens to Igbo these days. A very proud people, comfortable with their heritage are now willing to exchange it for pittance.

In Nigeria alone, Fulani and Hausa have fairer skin people than anywhere. So are the Itsetkiri and people around the coast.

Yet, some Igbo celebrate light skinned or mixed race than anyone in Nigeria. Please chill, you are embarrassing yourselves inside and outside Africa.
Hausas are the darkest people in Nigeria. Fulani are not native to Nigeria. Igbos and Efik/Ibibio (believe to be decendants of Igbos) are the only fair skinned west Africans. Write intelligently.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Roger3D(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29
chnnmfl:
I read somewhere that during British Colonialism in Nigeria, the Brits prefers sleeping with Igbo and calabar women due to them being neater than others, that that's the reason why there are many fair skinned people among Igbos.

I wanted to believe it but then I remembered these Igbo surnames:

1. Okorocha: White skinned young man.

2. Nwokeocha: White skinned man.

3. Okocha: Fair complexioned male child.

These names predates colonialism in igboland. The names have been in existence before the coming of Britain.

These igbo men below have both igbo parents and grandparents. I delerately left out the women, I don't want to mistakely include bleached skins.

1. Anambra Music, Phyno

2. Imo State Actor, Mike Godson
3. Abia State House Of Rep Member, Alex Ikwechegh

What do think about it?
Africans who attach undue importance to light skin suffer from inferiority complex. No matter how light skinned you are, you will never be accepted by the whites who discriminate against the multiracial kids born to their own. I've lived in Europe for sometime and I see it everyday

4 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Biafrannuke: 3:36pm On Apr 29
chopnaira:

I don't know about calabar but Ibos were far from being neat according to historical articles. In the old days, Ijaws make fun ibos not being clean.
wow!
Escravos swamp 🐷 pig with depraved childhood has dropped a quote. Your rehabilitation should start from finding yourself a social identity before discussing which is superior to which.

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by ggood: 3:48pm On Apr 29
banku:

Hausa and Fulani have more dark skin population than fair skin
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Antivirus92(m): 3:48pm On Apr 29
chopnaira:

I don't know about calabar but Ibos were far from being neat according to historical articles. In the old days, Ijaws make fun ibos not being clean.
so that is history to you?
Onitsha the largest market in the federation, this talking about Nigeria. People are talking about historical origin of the igbos and you're talking about something that has to do with Nigeria of yesterday

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Antivirus92(m): 3:52pm On Apr 29
PureFace1:
another bare face lie. Igbos despite having light skin and light eyes have Negroid features which wouldn't have been if there was an admixture somewhere

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Antivirus92(m): 3:54pm On Apr 29
ggood:
Hausa and Fulani have more dark skin population than fair skin
igbos are naturally more light skinned than Hausa Fulani. Yorubas are the darkest Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 3:55pm On Apr 29
99thEnemy:

The 3rd one looks like he escaped albinism.
I don't think so. This is him in another pix.

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by 99thEnemy(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29
chnnmfl:
If not for his hair, you will think he is mixed.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by ggood: 3:59pm On Apr 29
Antivirus92:
igbos are naturally more light skinned than Hausa Fulani. Yorubas are the darkest Nigerians
but Bayelsa, Benue, akwa ibom, cross river , River's State have more light skin too
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 4:08pm On Apr 29
Bulldozer90:
Hausas are the darkest people in Nigeria. Fulani are not native to Nigeria. Igbos and Efik/Ibibio (believe to be decendants of Igbos) are the only fair skinned west Africans. Write intelligently.
There are no light skinned Ijaws? Edos
Efik are believed to be descendants of Ibos?
Believed by whom?
On what basis?
The Efik sold Ibos as slaves for centuries
The Ibom conquered Arochukwu where their descendants are king till this day.

Ibos are as black as they come from Azikiwe to Okorocha
They just happen to have the highest rate of OCA oculocutaneous albinism
This is recorded in the British journal of Dermatology

High rates of albinism are associated with high rates of inbreeding

The lightest skinned people I have seen are in Rivers state,Bayelsa Edo ,Akwa Ibom and Cross River

Stopped claiming any one is descendant of Ibo
The languages are not even related
The only connection is that they conquered and sold Iboes as slaves and introduced civilization to Arochukwu

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29
ElSudani:
There are some fair skinned Ibos. But the majority are dark skinned like Oby Ezekwesili.
The OP is mentally enslaved thinking lighter skin means better!
What a shame.
Nothing like slave mentality here. I'm a dark skin Igboman myself. I wanted to know why igbos have a lot of fair skinned people while the neighbouring tribes dont.

I created the thread out of pure curiosity. It is same curiosity the made Europeans to embark on voyages to know what is on the other side of the Atlantic and discovered us.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chopnaira: 4:23pm On Apr 29
FxMasterz:

Alright. Thank you.

What's the book title please?
The book below.

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chopnaira: 4:25pm On Apr 29
Antivirus92:
so that is history to you?
Onitsha the largest market in the federation, this talking about Nigeria. People are talking about historical origin of the igbos and you're talking about something that has to do with Nigeria of yesterday
The op talked about colonial masters raping Ibo women. Is that not historical?
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chopnaira: 4:26pm On Apr 29
chnnmfl:
This one is biracial.
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by FxMasterz: 4:28pm On Apr 29
chopnaira:
The book below.

Thanks very much.

Make I downloaded am sharp sharp.
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by ShoeGetSize: 4:33pm On Apr 29
Where's the bashing? Although I don't like OP's obsession with light skin as if it carries a special significance.

MrProlific95:
Anoda Tribe bashing thread

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by realmindz: 4:34pm On Apr 29
chnnmfl:
I read somewhere that during British Colonialism in Nigeria, the Brits prefers sleeping with Igbo and calabar women due to them being neater than others, that that's the reason why there are many fair skinned people among Igbos.

These names predates colonialism in igboland. The names have been in existence before the coming of Britain.

These igbo men below have both igbo parents and grandparents. I delerately left out the women, I don't want to mistakely include bleached skins.

1. Anambra Music, Phyno

What do think about it?

How black men celebrate slavery and colonization , a thing of shame that people should be weeping when speaking of the darkest parts of human history.
And how people even feel proud to look like this same white masters. It’s so bad
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 4:40pm On Apr 29
chopnaira:

This one is biracial.
He is from igbere in Abia State. Both of his parents are Igbo. There is no caucasian gene running in his family.

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Osoboshi: 4:57pm On Apr 29
chnnmfl:

1. Anambra Music, Phyno

What do think about it?
bleaching
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 5:15pm On Apr 29
realmindz:

How black men celebrate slavery and colonization , a thing of shame that people should be weeping when speaking of the darkest parts of human history.
And how people even feel proud to look like this same white masters. It’s so bad
You are the ignorant one here.

Science made us to know that life started in Africa.

The is no human genetic variants that you can't find among black people: light skin, dark skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, brown eye, pointed nose etc. We possess the dorminant human gene as we are the first race on earth

So light skin originated from Africa not in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by SWATMan: 5:21pm On Apr 29
ElSudani:
There are some fair skinned Ibos. But the majority are dark skinned like Oby Ezekwesili.
The OP is mentally enslaved thinking lighter skin means better!
What a shame.

Omo pupa o! Omo pupa lemi fe, omo pupa o!............... ; grin grin grin

That music was from your kinsman in the late sixties, you now know better who should be ashamed.
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by ElSudani: 5:26pm On Apr 29
SWATMan:

Omo pupa o! Omo pupa lemi fe, omo pupa o!............... ; grin grin grin

That music was from your kinsman in the late sixties, you now know better who should be ashamed.

Same way we extolled 'Adumaradan' in many other songs.
We are not ashamed of who we are.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by papyjaypaul: 6:05pm On Apr 29
The OP has been bought by the white man but does not know. He say some people are neater, therefore the lighter the skin, the neater you are. Someone should send him to India please grin

3 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Benwallt(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29
chnnmfl:

1. Anambra Music, Phyno

What do think about it?

Igbo women have been prostituting from time immemorial going by your narratives.

Oyibo people just dey fvck them anyhow. What a cheap sluts

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Olateru Olagbegi’s Died With Five Of His Wives Still Virgins / How Can I Join Money Ritual Occult Society To Do Blood Money Ritual And Riches / Yoruba Women In The Pre-independence Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.