Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? (2428 Views)

How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Kola Breaking Ceremony (Iwa Ọjị) Of The Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Antivirus92(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29
ggood:
but Bayelsa, Benue, akwa ibom, cross river , River's State have more light skin too
They don't have more, Igbo have a high percentage of light skinned people. In Nigeria light skin is stereotypically associated with the Igbo people. When you're light skinned, nobody will ask you if you're from Akwa ibom or benue, but many people will ask if youre igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by ggood: 8:26pm On Apr 29
Antivirus92:
They don't have more, Igbo have a high percentage of light skinned people. In Nigeria light skin is stereotypically associated with the Igbo people. When you're light skinned, nobody will ask you if you're from Akwa ibom or benue, but many people will ask if youre igbo.
those people lack knowledge and they don't travel
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Antivirus92(m): 8:28pm On Apr 29
ggood:
those people lack knowledge and they don't travel
whatever makes you happy Mr. Traveller
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 10:29pm On Apr 29
The aim of this thread is to uncover why there are so much light skin people among the igbos.

In 2010, Igbo couple living in London gave birth to a white baby named baby Nmachi with blonde hair and blue eyes. DNA result confirmed that that the baby belongs to the man.

It's still surprising till this day.

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 6:56pm On Apr 30
chnnmfl:
The aim of this thread is to uncover why there are so much light skin people among the igbos.

In 2010, Igbo couple living in London gave birth to a white baby named baby Nmachi with blonde hair and blue eyes. DNA result confirmed that that the baby belongs to the man.

It's still surprising till this day.
The premise of the thread is based on a baseless. assumption

The claim that there are so much light skin is faulty
How much ?
Any statistics?
What exactly is light skin and how is it measured?or defined?
How much light skin is there among Urhobo Efik Edo or Ijaw before you came to this conclusion
It has no basis and is just as meaningful as asking why there are so many mad people among the Ibos, an equally ridiculous question. Yes there are mad Ibo people but how many?

Are there more light skinned or more madmen in that population?

What is the relevance of your so called white skin baby
Is this reported only to Ibos?

That is simply a freak mutation that has happened with people from Congo and elsewhere
It is nothing peculiar to Ibos
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 11:28pm On Apr 30
Gajagojo:

The premise of the thread is based on a baseless. assumption

The claim that there are so much light skin is faulty
How much ?
Any statistics?
What exactly is light skin and how is it measured?or defined?
How much light skin is there among Urhobo Efik Edo or Ijaw before you came to this conclusion
It has no basis and is just as meaningful as asking why there are so many mad people among the Ibos, an equally ridiculous question. Yes there are mad Ibo people but how many?

Are there more light skinned or more madmen in that population?

What is the relevance of your so called white skin baby
Is this reported only to Ibos?

That is simply a freak mutation that has happened with people from Congo and elsewhere
It is nothing peculiar to Ibos
You are just ranting with no focus or specific question asked.

Thread is on why are there so much light skinned people among igbos of Nigeria not of Congo.

Also a light skinned Urhobo, Efik, Edo or Ijaw man in Abuja or Lagos will first be mistaken for Igbo till he explain himself. It happened during the last election in Lagos.

I think one comment here on FP from a light skinned Yoruba man narrated how he was mistaken for Igbo by a sudanese in London. So I don't know if you are feigning ignorance of it or just wanted to rant.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 11:31pm On Apr 30
chnnmfl:
Nothing like slave mentality here. I'm a dark skin Igboman myself. I wanted to know why igbos have a lot of fair skinned people while the neighbouring tribes dont.

I created the thread out of pure curiosity. It is same curiosity the made Europeans to embark on voyages to know what is on the other side of the Atlantic and discovered us.
Your premise is untrue
Ibos have a lot
Says who?.You
How much exactly? Source?
Neighbours don't? Say who?
Any evidence?
It is just like asking why Ibos are taller than their neighbours
Where is the evidence?

You are just being mischievous and delusional
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 11:34pm On Apr 30
chnnmfl:

Thread is on why are there so much light skinned people among igbos of Nigeria not of Congo.

Also a light skinned Urhobo, Efik, Edo or Ijaw man in Abuja or Lagos will first be mistaken for Igbo till he explain himself. It happened during the last election in Lagos.

I think one comment here on FP from a light skinned Yoruba man narrated how he was mistaken for Igbo by a sudanese in London. So I don't know if you are feigning ignorance of it or just wanted to rant.
This is total nonsense with no basis

It is also shameful
What exactly is the purpose of this?
People are mistaken for Igbo became of light skin?
Why not say they are mistaken because of brown teeth or head shape?
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 11:38pm On Apr 30
chnnmfl:

The question asked is stupid
Have you got any evidence to back up the claim that indeed there are so much(sic) light skinned Igbos

What if I asked e.g. Why are there so many Igbos with half years won't we require evidence
That a claim seems true TO YOU does not make it true

What is the percentage?

One thing for which there is evidence published in a scientific. Journal is that
Ibos have more albinos than other Nigerians
Okoro, A.N. (1975) Albinism in Nigeria. A Clinical and Social Study. The British Journal of Dermatology, 92, 485-492.
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 11:47pm On Apr 30
Bulldozer90:
Hausas are the darkest people in Nigeria. Fulani are not native to Nigeria. Igbos and Efik/Ibibio (believe to be decendants of Igbos) are the only fair skinned west Africans. Write intelligently.
Hausa are darkest

Says who?
That is a very ignorant and stupid stereotype

Who did the research to come to that conclusion

The darkest people I know are Ibos like Mr Ibu, Rochas etc

So I don't know where you get that from
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 12:22am On May 01
chnnmfl:
First of all, as Yoruba Muslim the thread is not for you. Thread is for igbos to discuss the light skin phenomenon among them. So you can fvck off.

Secondly, you don't need percentage to know that the shortest people in Africa can be found in Congo.

So you are just blabbing. Thread is not for a Yoruba Muslim with some tiger scars on his face.

Clearly you have nothing logical to say so you resort to the empty abuse we know you for

You need statistics to back up any claim that is population based

You cannot just wake up and throw a claim on the floor and expect everyone to agree
As far we no am aware Ibos are the darkest people I know. You should be proud
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 12:30am On May 01
chnnmfl:
First of all, as Yoruba Muslim the thread is not for you. Thread is for igbos to discuss the light skin phenomenon among them. So you can fvck off.

Secondly, you don't need percentage to know that the shortest people in Africa can be found in Congo.

So you are just blabbing. Thread is not for a Yoruba Muslim with some tiger scars on his face.

Okoro, A.N. (1975) Albinism in Nigeria. A Clinical and Social Study. The British Journal of Dermatology, 92, 485-492.

Check it out

No one has as many albinos as Ibos do
Scientific fact
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 12:37am On May 01
Gajagojo:

Clearly you have nothing logical to say so you resort to the empty abuse we know you for

You need statistics to back up any claim that is population based

You cannot just wake up and throw a claim on the floor and expect everyone to agree
As far we no am aware Ibos are the darkest people I know. You should be proud
You're just clowning yourself.
After saying that you want stat, that you can't accept anything without statistics.

Then you went on to make a claim on igbos without stat?

You're just a clown!

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 12:41am On May 01
Gajagojo:

Check it out

No one has as many albinos as Ibos do
Scientific fact
Lol are they igbos pictures posted on this thread also albinos?

I still maintain that you're a clown.
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 1:04am On May 01
chnnmfl:
Lol are they igbos pictures posted on this thread also albinos?

I still maintain that you're a clown.
So what about the pictures?What

What do the pictures prove?
A picture of an Ibo man with white teeth proves more Ibos have white teeth than Hausa people

Can you reason at all
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 1:12am On May 01
chnnmfl:
You're just clowning yourself.
After saying that you want stat, that you can't accept anything without statistics.

Then you went on to make a claim on igbos without stat?

You're just a clown!

I did not make any claim

Your problem is illiteracy and English

I said AS FAR AS I AM AWARE

find a literate neighbour to explain what that means to you
Notice I have not yet called your mother or father a clown
Stick to the issues keep it clean and respectful.
I am capable of name calling too.
Your mouth no big pass my own
I understand your frustration that you are losing a battle of logic and would prefer to descend into the gutter
Argue the merit of your case
Stop calling names
If your father meets me he will stand up and say Good morning sir
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 1:33am On May 01
Gajagojo:

So what about the pictures?What

What do the pictures prove?
A picture of an Ibo man with white teeth proves more Ibos have white teeth than Hausa people

Can you reason at all
Then if you have sense at all why posting about albinism in igboland?

Because if you really have sense, you will know that albinism is a genetic condition that occurs in all humans including in white race...in animal and in plant. All your points are watery.

I don tell you to fvck off, the thread is not for you. Maybe you wan dey like these Igbos in the pictures, then you can go bleach your skin to look like them.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Originalsly: 4:28am On May 01
chnnmfl:

These igbos in the pics have both parents and grandparents as igbos. No caucasian gene running in their family line.

Does the family line begin with the grandparents? ... I suggest you read or reread Condensedmilk comment.
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 7:38am On May 01
chnnmfl:
Then if you have sense at all why posting about albinism in igboland?

Because if you really have sense, you will know that albinism is a genetic condition that occurs in all humans including in white race...in animal and in plant. All your points are watery.

I don tell you to fvck off, the thread is not for you. Maybe you wan dey like these Igbos in the pictures, then you can go bleach your skin to look like them.
It occurs more in Ibo land than anywhere else
That is a fact
If you can read simple English you would understand that is my point
What is the source of my claim

I already showed you

The likely explanation is higher rates of inbreeding
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 12:37am On May 02
Gajagojo:

The main finding to note is
The prevalence rate of albinism in Ibos is 1 in 1100

This is about the highest in the world and 5 times higher than the rate in Nigeria
1: 5000
Useless talk from a tiger faced hater! where in igboland was the study carried out? When was it conducted and what reputable organization carried out the study?

I did my own study which revealed that South West, Nigeria has the highest HIV prevalence in West Africa. I will soon release my book on it. Hope you will not fault the book? Mumu man.

Also are these igbos pictures on this thread that of an albinos?.. No!

I have repeatedly asked you how albinism talk take enter the topic. You no gree answer.

It confirms my believe that the whole thing is coming from a mischievous and envious descendent of the tribe of the fallen demon that was chase out from heaven to ile Ife for hating on other angels.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by chnnmfl(m): 12:45am On May 02
Gajagojo:

Envious of what exactly ? grin
That Ibos have blond hair and blue eyes?
Then if you claim that you are not envious then fvck off from the thread.

Go to Yoruba Nation thread, thats where you belong, go there and discuss how to actualize that haters republic. You jealous and envious lot really deserve to stay alone in a separate country.

1 Like

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 4:16am On May 02
chnnmfl:
Useless talk from a tiger faced hater! where in igboland was the study carried out? When was it conducted and what reputable organization carried out the study?

I did my own study which revealed that South West, Nigeria has the highest HIV prevalence in West Africa. I will soon release my book on it. Hope you will not fault the book? Mumu man.

Also are these igbos pictures on this thread that of an albinos?.. No!

I have repeatedly asked you how albinism talk take enter the topic. You no gree answer.

It confirms my believe that the whole thing is coming from a mischievous and envious descendent of the tribe of the fallen demon that was chase out from heaven to ile Ife for hating on other angels.

Once.again Seun is this not a breach of rule 2
Moderators: bigfrancis21, odumchi, Fulaman198)
Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by RedboneSmith(m): 8:43am On May 02
Gajagojo:

It occurs more in Ibo land than anywhere else
That is a fact
If you can read simple English you would understand that is my point
What is the source of my claim

I already showed you

The likely explanation is higher rates of inbreeding

Inbreeding is the most ridiculous thing anyone can accuse the Ìgbò of. Igbos who detest in-breeding to the point where there are whole villages who cannot intermarry because of a putative common ancestor from 500 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? by Gajagojo: 9:29am On May 02
RedboneSmith:
[/b]

Inbreeding is the most ridiculous thing anyone can accuse the Ìgbò of. Igbos who detest in-breeding to the point where there are whole villages who cannot intermarry because of a putative common ancestor from 500 years ago.

Inbreeding here is not meant to be an insult
but biological/genetic reality
It just means
Within the Igbo group or sub group to the exclusion of their neighbours

Now I am not talking absolutely but relatively
At any rate if that was not the case we would not need to have this thread would we?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Women In The Pre-independence Era / West African Yoruba In South America / History Of Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.