Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,394 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo (21176 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by misano(m): 2:53pm On Apr 29
vastolord4:
Lol.. I'm sorry for Edo staff. Just prepare for months of unpaid salaries..

Relax, na Obaseki they run am. It was 40k and he was paying.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Donaldoni: 2:53pm On Apr 29
Great!
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by PressMyButton: 2:53pm On Apr 29
When he's about leaving office in a few months.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Bekermann(m): 2:54pm On Apr 29
Good development.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Stevenbright(m): 2:54pm On Apr 29
helinues:
For the upcoming election bah abi why now

True but no matter what, if his candidate is not the most favored by the people, they will still go home empty handed....
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Abovebest(m): 2:55pm On Apr 29
vastolord4:
Bed belle people

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by garfield1: 2:55pm On Apr 29
misano:
Garfield1 you see say e go hard APC to win PDP? Obaseki is always ahead.

Lol,APC is ahead.he is playing catch-up after okpebholo moved for the repair of Benin auchi and promised to reduce school fees of Ambrose Alli uni.besides,Edo people are too enlightened to be deceived
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by osazee12345(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29
belike na to get another worst governor for edo state win am. From 40k to 70k.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Mervingreat: 2:57pm On Apr 29
IkeOnyia:
Pre election gimmicks. There is no standard roads in Benin city or any other town that Obaseki has constructed in his 8 years of media propaganda administration. All the good and nice looking roads in Benin city were done by a non-bini man Oshiomhole, that's why many Binis see Obaseki as a disgrace to Bini kingdom.

To be honest obaseki really surprised me because the way we stood by him to silent Oshio but we never knew we are supporting a monumental failure.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by vowiski(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29
garfield1:

Lol,APC is ahead.he is playing catch-up after okpebholo moved for the repair of Benin auchi and promised to reduce school fees of Ambrose Alli uni.besides,Edo people are too enlightened to be deceived

Thank God you know Edolites are very enlightened. They know the idiot has not moved a single motion on the floor of the Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by garfield1: 2:59pm On Apr 29
SadiqBabaSani:
True

I am shocked by your objectivity
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Kobicove(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29
How can someone who has less than 12 months on his tenor be making such a financial commitment? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by casppyjay: 2:59pm On Apr 29
Jostoman:
Oga say well done to obaseki, when i hear that Sanwo olu did same thing in lagos last week i say well done to him no be every time you go dey play politics of bitterness.
ignore him he’s just someone speaking about his future trust me the kind of mindset he possesses only spells eternal doom for him forget wealth .. I am 4 decades here on earth I can tell you for free the privileges these type of people think they enjoy is Empty they exist don’t live I love to live ..it’s food for thought but remember you only have one and there’s quality and quantity..think if you will!

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by seuncyrus(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29
Hope they can really afford it and he's not just leaving a burden for the incoming governor.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by garfield1: 3:05pm On Apr 29
vowiski:

Thank God you know Edolites are very enlightened. They know the idiot has not moved a single motion on the floor of the Senate.

The real idiot is someone that jumps from tables to chairs,holds several posts without empowering his people
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Honestey: 3:05pm On Apr 29
What election cannot make these vampires do does not exist. So, 70k minimum wage is possible?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Teejaney88(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29
With how many weeks left for him to go
Mttchw!
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by misano(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29
garfield1:

That road is FG road. Okpebholo can't fix it. Nah Tinubu wan fix am. Edo people can't be deceived with that.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by ourcrudeoil: 3:11pm On Apr 29
This is senseless and meaningless. Labour hasn't concluded yet.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by misano(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29
garfield1:

The real idiot is someone that jumps from tables to chairs,holds several posts without empowering his people

So we should not vote for him because he jumped from Table to chair. But we should vote for Okpebholo that hasn't initiated any bill in the senate. 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Texs: 3:11pm On Apr 29
Oxb90:
Wicked man. I wish the workers will not vote in whoever this devil of a man supports.
I wish the electorates will rather vote in Shuaibu.
By so doing they are sure of getting Obaseki probed.
"Wicked" because he is not sharing state resourses with agberos
and denied them take over Edo state as before.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Bobloco: 3:12pm On Apr 29
helinues:
For the upcoming election bah abi why now

Why do you hate good news

Infact you are an enemy of this country

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by humility33(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29
vastolord4:
He doesn't own salaries.

And he even pay 13th month sef
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by RPG2020(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29
How much is bag of rice
How much is school fees
grin
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by meobizy(f): 3:20pm On Apr 29
Window dressing. I won't give praise until I hear of it being implemented.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by nuruajao: 3:21pm On Apr 29
NOETHNICITY:
Meanwhile, where is Shaibu ?
Already in his village doing what he know perfectly

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by theowane: 3:26pm On Apr 29
Jostoman:
Oga say well done to obaseki, when i hear that Sanwo olu did same thing in lagos last week i say well done to him no be every time you go dey play politics of bitterness.
Under what strength are they standing on to increase minimum wage please.

I wouldn't call this the minimum wage, it is a technical increase to the minimum wage of 30K.

The Tripatite committee is still yet to recommend a new minimum wage so all these ones are just to mitigate the hardship being faced by Edo State workers, after all, Mr President had already appealed to State Governments to pay the 30K additional wage award to its workers. That would automatically make Edo and Lagos States pay 70K as thier minimum wage.

Until and unless the tripartite committee recommends and the FG, States and private sector agree on a specific Amount (which I strongly believe will be a little above 100K), I'm sorry, this is just a temporary addition to Salaries.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Prince111111: 3:26pm On Apr 29
Jostoman:
don't mind the mumu

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Dennisochampa: 3:26pm On Apr 29
Election dey come.... So expect politicians to promise a private jet to every gullible and greedy citizen just to buy them over

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Mayflowa(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29
Jostoman:

Don’t mind him. That is not a small decision to make. It is not one time payment. This is from someone that see the plight of his people. Sanwo later said he was misquoted. That he has been paying additional 35k to workers which is like 70k monthly for lowest worker. That he has not approved that this will continue. Now this is the first guy to put it on paper. His action will influence other state governor and even federal to act

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by BondRiv: 3:27pm On Apr 29
This failure is looking for votes after misgoverning Edo State.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Jeje247: 3:28pm On Apr 29
vowiski:

Oh shut up you dimwit…

What happened to all the standard ones Oshiomole built ?

Abi he is the first governor in Edo? Sick and tired of the same lies day and night these APC miscreants put online ..

just come online and be typing nonsense , haba

When he was paying 40k , was it because of election too ?

How many governors can even pay salaries in Nigeria ?

Obaseki has never defaulted in salaries, never. 28th of every month workers smiles to their alert…

Also, every December double salary is sure on the 22nd cheesy

You are using lies to counter 'lie'. Agreed, he doesn't default on salary. But that double salary every December is a lie. He did it last year but not 2022 December

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts / PDP Bot Sends Sheriff, Makarfi Out Of meeting / Adamu & Anwukah In Cold War Over Sack Of JAMB, NUC, NECO, 14 Other CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.