Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,408 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo (21177 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by BigYash: 3:56pm On Apr 29
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Wetin be the meaning of all these nonsense way state government dey hurry dey peg minimum wage

Why all these nonsense?

Why can't they wait for the federal government negotiation team and unions to reach agreement first
You go wait fg laughter Congress tire
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by ehissi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29
meobizy:
Window dressing. I won't give praise until I hear of it being implemented.

He set implementation to May 1st.

That means he will kick off payment himself. When Oshiomole increased his own during his tenure, he set implementation to after his left office .
Oshiomole was even owing arrears when he increased it....

So at least for now Obaseki is better than him in this regard....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Omoalaji12: 3:58pm On Apr 29
Your salary is you company's monthly subscription of you.

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by ehissi(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29
theowane:

Under what strength are they standing on to increase minimum wage please.

I wouldn't call this the minimum wage, it is a technical increase to the minimum wage of 30K.

The Tripatite committee is still yet to recommend a new minimum wage so all these ones are just to mitigate the hardship being faced by Edo State workers, after all, Mr President had already appealed to State Governments to pay the 30K additional wage award to its workers. That would automatically make Edo and Lagos States pay 70K as thier minimum wage.

Until and unless the tripartite committee recommends and the FG, States and private sector agree on a specific Amount (which I strongly believe will be a little above 100K), I'm sorry, this is just a temporary addition to Salaries.

At least in the absence of a formal increase as demanded by Labour, every plus is welcome now.

Abi workers should be denied access to any relief until Labour/FG formally conclude?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Elusive001: 4:01pm On Apr 29
IkeOnyia:
Pre election gimmicks. There is no standard roads in Benin city or any other town that Obaseki has constructed in his 8 years of media propaganda administration. All the good and nice looking roads in Benin city were done by a non-bini man Oshiomhole, that's why many Binis see Obaseki as a disgrace to Bini kingdom.

Which road do you want him to build in Benin since Oshiom-ole built the roads in Benin?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Jeje247: 4:02pm On Apr 29
Texs:

The new government can pay more if he continue to use Obaseki template.
No waste or corruption in taxe collection, prudent management of state resources,
No sharing of state money, Digital civil service = less room for corruption.
Lol..you think there was no corruption in his tenure?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Paramount01(m): 4:06pm On Apr 29
vowiski:

Oh shut up you dimwit…

What happened to all the standard ones Oshiomole built ?

Abi he is the first governor in Edo? Sick and tired of the same lies day and night these APC miscreants put online ..

just come online and be typing nonsense , haba

When he was paying 40k , was it because of election too ?

How many governors can even pay salaries in Nigeria ?

Obaseki has never defaulted in salaries, never. 28th of every month workers smiles to their alert…

Also, every December double salary is sure on the 22nd cheesy

No be fight brother, mention the road he built and rest
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by ejieddy: 4:10pm On Apr 29
For 6 months until after election abi...
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by samwillyco1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 29
Who will be paying it after his exit from government house ?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Tonytonex(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29
Politicians. He know he's about leaving office.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by garfield1: 4:20pm On Apr 29
misano:

That road is FG road. Okpebholo can't fix it. Nah Tinubu wan fix am. Edo people can't be deceived with that.

When okpebholo went to beg Tinubu,it was publicized and credit was given to him
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by garfield1: 4:21pm On Apr 29
ehissi:

He set implementation to May 1st.

That means he will kick off payment himself. When Oshiomole increased his own during his tenure, he set implementation to after his left office .
Oshiomole was even owing arrears when he increased it....

So at least for now Obaseki is better than him in this regard....

Apart from that,nothing else is he good at.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by eikeem(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29
It is when they are about to leave the office that they come with 'largesse' like this. A new government will take over and start scream "No capacity" and "empty treasury".

Same old pre-election trick, every time.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Briteiyobo1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 29
A state where we have less than 550 teachers in senior secondary school.
The state couldn't allow even one teacher to participate in the forth coming Waec supervision instead they suggested that, WAEC should use pensioners because there are no teachers in secondary schools. Obaseki is a big failure.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by BluntCrazeMan: 4:53pm On Apr 29
Election Graa-Graa
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by misano(m): 4:55pm On Apr 29
garfield1:

When okpebholo went to beg Tinubu,it was publicized and credit was given to him

Tinubu should be ashamed of himself. So they have to beg the old toad to do his job?

Do you want me to praise Tinubu or thank Okpebholo for going to beg his oga to do his job.

APC supporters don't know anything about governance.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Crowntop94: 4:56pm On Apr 29
BleedingPen:

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2024/04/29/just-in-obaseki-increases-minimum-wage-to-n70000-metrowatch/
Using every means to ensure his candidate win the election so that he won't be probe by efcc.
I pity the incoming governor sha.
Obaseki the ingrate.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by misano(m): 4:58pm On Apr 29
Briteiyobo1:
A state where we have less than 550 teachers in senior secondary school.
The state couldn't allow even one teacher to participate in the forth coming Waec supervision instead they suggested that, WAEC should use pensioners because there are no teachers in secondary schools. Obaseki is a big failure.

This one just they write nonsense. 550 teachers?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Gboom: 5:04pm On Apr 29
garfield1:

Lol,APC is ahead.he is playing catch-up after okpebholo moved for the repair of Benin auchi and promised to reduce school fees of Ambrose Alli uni.besides,Edo people are too enlightened to be deceived
I saw some projects someone listed and done by this man called Okpebholo and no one countered the poster that he didn't do it. If such a man can be given a chance to be governor, Edo state will wear a new look with potential infrastructural development.

I don't give a damn about the political party he belongs to, I believe in competence
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by piriton: 5:08pm On Apr 29
He was not the one that removed subsidy now. The one that removed the subsidy has he increased salary? Every governor is supposed to do the same after the subsidy removal
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by tnerro1(m): 5:13pm On Apr 29
And FG says they can’t pay more than 100k😁😁😁
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by garfield1: 5:14pm On Apr 29
Gboom:

I saw some projects someone listed and done by this man called Okpebholo and no one countered the poster that he didn't do it. If such a man can be given a chance to be governor, Edo state will wear a new look with potential infrastructural development.

I don't give a damn about the political party he belongs to, I believe in competence

True,I've learnt to believe in competence and experience no more degrees.the best leaders are those that have a track record of philanthropy,private practice coupled with gocernmental experience
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by noskcid(m): 5:27pm On Apr 29
IkeOnyia:
Pre election gimmicks. There is no standard roads in Benin city or any other town that Obaseki has constructed in his 8 years of media propaganda administration. All the good and nice looking roads in Benin city were done by a non-bini man Oshiomhole, that's why many Binis see Obaseki as a disgrace to Bini kingdom.
According to history, Obaseki was the name of the man that betrayed an Oba in Benin. Dem forgive am no mean say character change.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Arekwu16: 5:28pm On Apr 29
IkeOnyia:
I beg to differ from your opinion, if you read the post very well, the last paragraph explained that; it is the second time Gov. Obaseki is increasing minimum wage in the state. The first was in 2021 from #30,000 to #40,000 which was #10,000.00 higher than the national minimum wage.
Is the above paragraph also part of your acclaimed "political gimmicks" ? I was expecting you to ask if salary payment in the state has been regular and not to run him down because of your obvious political sentiment that is actually not needed at this point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by PHAYOL81: 5:56pm On Apr 29
Wicked OBASEKI, creating problems for the next government to struggle with.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by smith2019: 6:03pm On Apr 29
Thank you my governor and God blessed you
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:08pm On Apr 29
WAGE INCREASE IS NOT THE SOLUTION, SUPPORT FARMERS WITH BUYING UP THEIR PRODUCE,PROVIDE TRANSPORT AND GOOD ROADS. angry

ALL STATE GOVT SHOULD OPEN A DISCOUNT MARKETS ON SUNDAYS AND PALLIATIVE PARLOURS WHERE PEOPLE CAN BUY FOOD CHEAP BY HALF THE PRICE AND THE HUNGER NOISE WILL REDUCEangry
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by victorikpe(m): 6:09pm On Apr 29
BleedingPen:

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2024/04/29/just-in-obaseki-increases-minimum-wage-to-n70000-metrowatch/

Governor Umoh Eno of Akwa Ibom State, come and see what your mate is doing o.

All you do is to attend birthdays and weddings.

Uwafid
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by ofuonyebi: 6:18pm On Apr 29
this was a gov who spent 8-yrs on the seat of power...
and now hat hes packing his load out...he decided to creat a burden for the gov.. coming in

tufiakwa!...to a sumersault govt....visionless
full of fighting,...hatred..enemity and racourous power drunkeness

the civil servants should know it is not yet uhuru
he just did it as a cowboy play to buy back cheap popularity which he has lost long time ago
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by clappa: 6:30pm On Apr 29
IkeOnyia:
you better keep your mouth shut
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Mcslize: 6:31pm On Apr 29
Ishilove don deceive me eat Akpu, I can't breathe again. Justice for Mcslize!
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo by Benez: 6:32pm On Apr 29
BleedingPen:

I would have appreciated it if he did it about a year ago. He is deliberately creating problems for the in coming administration. Why is he implementing this when he is leaving?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan / Edo APC Crisis: Obaseki Rejects Ganduje Committee, Backs Buhari's Reconciliation / Hijab: Rename Muslim, Christian Schools, MURIC Tells Kwara Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.