Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 (26186 Views)

Nigeria To Enrol 10.2 Million Out-Of-School Children / 2018 UTME. 1.3 Million Results To Be Released Today / 2018 UTME. 1.3 Million Results To Bereleased Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Mikomiko1: 10:53pm On Apr 29
Wizkid didn't dashed me 50 Million, Woman Cry Out after Vibing to Wizkid song
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPZBaL-znbU
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by forgiveness: 10:54pm On Apr 29
tuzle:
in university they give 30minutes to answer 80 math question. For courses like gns and agric they sometime give 20mins to answer 100 questions. This is for cbt exams at 100l.

Which university gives 20 minutes to answer 100 cbt questions? grin
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Benwallt(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29
forgiveness:
Chaiii. I think this will mostly affect science students.

I learnt the calculation was too much but were given 2hrs only to answer 200 questions. 80 English, 40 for mathematics, physics and Chemistry. Wetin you expect?

Anyway, this will reflect the true capability of each students. grin

Some students will still answer them under an hour while some will spend 24hours and still fail

4 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by tuzle(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29
forgiveness:

Which university gives 20 minutes to answer 100 cbt questions? grin
my school have done such before, I remember most of our gns questions then, 100 in 20mins. If u like be slow.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by EleventhWeirdo: 10:58pm On Apr 29
tuzle:
back in 2020, I was math teacher, my worst students got A1 in math(note this girl doesn't listen in class and I tried my possible best to make her understand. There was a time she told me directly that she can never understand math, that it isn't for her) and my best student got c5.

I served at a School where they would write answers for them on the board during WAEC exams. It was that time I knew that corruption has permeated every facet of this society. Trust me, they will soon start pulling strings to compromise this new CBT setting. We are in soup, given the quantity of intellectual inferiors we now parade as graduates

9 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by forgiveness: 11:00pm On Apr 29
Benwallt:

Some students will still answer them under an hour while some will spend 24hours and still fail

Cbt requires skills. It doesn't mean some doesn't know but inexposure to cbt could be a major factor for mass failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Ifyz0001: 11:00pm On Apr 29
This is the repercussions for a failed system.

We have a lot of first class graduates that are doing Uber to survive in Nigeria. Where in a sane country these people are gainfully employed.

And you guys want the young ones to go to school to become an Uber driver right?

There is no real reason to convince the young ones to go to school anymore.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by forgiveness: 11:00pm On Apr 29
tuzle:
my school have done such before, I remember most of our gns questions then, 100 in 20mins. If u like be slow.

Which school?
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Tapout(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29
Generation of content creators cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Judolisco(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29
onuman:

Social media is a good education institution. Google teaches everything.

Atiku Abubakar boasted in 2022: "our people (northern people) are not on social media."
exactly some even use it to pass... There's a channel on dstv that they teach mathematics, but so many students don't know it or skip past it

4 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by onuman: 11:08pm On Apr 29
Aptitude test must involve testing candidates for speed, knowledge and accuracy.
Instead of asking complex questions on for example, Mathematics: ask what is the answer for 4-3+3ร—2รท2 as test for knowledge of BODMAS.
Ask for answer to Cos40+Cos70 to test candidate's foreknowledge of trig before hand.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by crystalpapers(m): 11:14pm On Apr 29
Na this type of mass failure dey make person see person gum body with. you go dey hear people wey fail plenty this year.

2 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Powersurge: 11:17pm On Apr 29
Iremis:
The guys are on fire these days. Kudos to the information age
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Gbogbowa: 11:21pm On Apr 29
Kizzygentle:
Social media has messed a lot of young people brain. They don't even read again.. This statistics is terribly poor... No one wants to even go to school again. God help this generation..
STop blaming social media,we have social medium in other countries and the students are doing well but any country where leaders believe in cheating and bribing to get what they want the students will not do well in academics
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Peluire: 11:22pm On Apr 29
NDSMELODY:
pls note, the motives of students going to jamb lesson is different, only the serious ones will pass the exam......
Have Seen People That Are Serious In School And Lesson But Fail To Pass it Is Then You Will See Some Unserious passing The Exam
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by sunsweet33: 11:23pm On Apr 29
Hmm. Children need to go on a nationwide phone-fast to cleanse their dopamine pathway. They can no longer read anything again due to short attention span.

2 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Angelfrost(m): 11:25pm On Apr 29
No surprises... Quality of education has been declining steadily for years now.

1 Like

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by 2pak(m): 11:27pm On Apr 29
Cindypresh:

When will you also give account and details of the billions you collected as registration fee from students this year

Ndi oshi
snake ๐Ÿ is preparing to come and swallow as usual

1 Like

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:33pm On Apr 29
Just as the BVAS exposed election fraud numbers from previous elections, the new JAMB computerized system is also exposing the Miracle fraud centers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:35pm On Apr 29
Gbogbowa:
STop blaming social media,we have social medium in other countries and the students are doing well but any country where leaders believe in cheating and bribing to get what they want the students will not do well in academics

So your leaders just started cheating and bribing recently?
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Mayflowa(m): 11:38pm On Apr 29
Cindypresh:

When will you also give account and details of the billions you collected as registration fee from students this year

Ndi oshi

lol. That is easy to calculate since you now know the numbers of candidates to be 1.8m. Multiply it by amount per registration
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by ozo13(m): 11:44pm On Apr 29
Effect of phone and social media on secondary education of a Nigerian child

2 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by APOPTOSIS: 11:47pm On Apr 29
INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK Generation...
Even with all the calculators and gadgets..๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
JAMB and WAEC has to apologize to me and others publicly for making us solve mathematics with Four Figure table. It's an insult and an aberration!
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by stagger: 11:48pm On Apr 29
christejames:
This one na mass failure ooo shocked

The younglings are no longer motivated to study! cry embarassed

It is only to do skits and lewd comedy and to buy the latest iPhone that they know. Meanwhile their mates abroad are developing the next generation of technologies everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by MrJames007: 11:50pm On Apr 29
EleventhWeirdo:
Good. Now, Government should remodel our polytechnics as technical training institutes for certificated courses like modern welding technology, construction designs and carpentry, automotive repairs and product management. And Government should fund the training institutes heavily. These courses can take our young population to Europe and Dubai to make money. We should forego empty paper qualifications and only professional courses like Medicine, law, pharmacy etc. should be taken at government universities. Trust me, we will say bye bye to graduate unemployment in 10 years to come.
Point.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by daniel999l: 11:52pm On Apr 29
All these hurt people claiming tiktok, and social media are really funny.
Of course no one wants to go to school anymore if they find out that all they have to do is show their yansh and bwess on tiktok and get money all in the name of content.

1 Like

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by MrJames007: 11:52pm On Apr 29
NDSMELODY:
Students are no longer reading these days and I don't blame them because Nigeria has failed us.. majority of graduates are outside there suffering, some are collecting peanuts as salary after wracking there brain in school,,so where is the motivation for the nowadays student.......my thoughts though, no hurts.
You're right!
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by daniel999l: 11:54pm On Apr 29
The government has proved that graduating from University doesn't equal good job and good income.
The government has really failed us.
Everyone is looking for alternatives now.

Every year, more and more unemployed graduates get's dumped into the society with nothing to do.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by alphabbey1(m): 12:05am On Apr 30
tuzle:
Minimum standard of any University is 30 seconds per question.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by DrChukki: 12:07am On Apr 30
PressMyButton:
The Computer Based Exams exposed the miracle center malpractices.

Not true oh... Dem still dey run cbt
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Omoapena(m): 12:08am On Apr 30
This is very bad, this gen z kids are full of olodos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Emmanuel Tochukwu Edward , The Best Graduating Student At NIJ 2018 / 50 Cultists In Nnamdi Azikiwe University Denounce Cultism In Public (pic) / Hnd Vs Bsc, B. Eng, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.