Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. (1675 Views)

I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Beauty4brain(f): 10:21pm On Apr 30
Curious345:
And you think it's easy to resell houses?
Yes, if you're not greedy with price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by stunnert(m): 10:58pm On Apr 30
What's your advice to a beginner on mutual funds ?
franchasofficia:
buying land in already developed middle class city area in the state you live, don't build because your money won't go anywhere. Just buy old dilapidated buildings, demolish the building, clear up the site and resell as empty land.

Don't buy the land to keep or build on it. Your target is to buy and resell as soon as possible.

You can also invest in Federal government Treasury bills, the current rate now is attractive. It comes with almost no risk. The rate now is 20% returns after 3 months because FG is broke and desperate to attract investors.

Government bond is also good but the interest is very small.

These are investments with minimal risk.

Avoid buying stock please.
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by bmasz(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30
Erums:

Can we discuss on the groundnut oil biz

Ask your questions I'll answer
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Iamblessed85: 12:15am On May 01
raymexx:
Invest that money in oil business, raise Nnpc draft and sell when the Program is out I promise you will double that money in less than one year

Pls how does this work? Kindly explain further.
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Curious345: 12:57am On May 01
Beauty4brain:
Yes, if you're not greedy with price
dey play

1 Like

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Curious345: 1:01am On May 01
Hoelujohn:

Ado Odo Ota which is close to Lagos. Target 8 room and parlour self .
a place that is after otta is what you described as close to Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Curious345: 1:01am On May 01
Don't forget the 419'ers waiting to collect your money
Lisa290:

The bolded above is the smartest advice ever. In my location there are a lot of old buildings in very good locations. I will Invest in this your strategy
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by quadraheem(m): 5:39am On May 01
Efna55:
I have 20million naira saved from my remote job, I want to invest in properties or any physical business but the problem now is: I don't want my business to be destroyed by the government one day, anything can happen in Nigeria no matter the paper work you have, I initially wanted to save in crypto, but we know the crypto thing in the country..
What can I invest this money in, pls advice..

I have a one acre of land on the express in Apata Ibadan for sale for just #10m.
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Beauty4brain(f): 6:38am On May 01
Curious345:
dey play
Everyone to their opinion
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by franchasofficia: 7:16am On May 01
stunnert:
What's your advice to a beginner on mutual funds ?
It's a safer investment compared to stock.

But your investment manager matters.

Which investment company are you working with?
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by franchasofficia: 7:28am On May 01
bmasz:

You can do the following

1. Invest with PWAN a real estate company. And get 30% of your investment as ROI after one year. Investment returns is guaranteed with issuance of a post dated check.

2. Buy an apartment for 10-15M. Use 5M for renovations and furnishing, then put it up for Airbnb. Could recoup 20-50% of investment with 18 months depending on location.

3. Invest in agriculture, but a land in rural area for 5M and plant plantain after treatment of land.... Recoup 150% of investment within 6 months.

4. I don tire haha.... Buy grounut_oil in container and sell at 100-500 naira profit margin and make profit on turnovers. Triple investment within a year.

5. Each option has it's pros and cons. That's a discussion for another day.

Hope this is of help.
Your ideas sound good but with too many risk except No. 3.

Number 1 is a high risk investment idea, op should not dare.

No 2, he can't buy house in any major city in Nigeria where Airbnb sales fast with 20million, unless it's just to buy the roof only cheesy

No. 3, I am interested in this because I have empty fenced lands in not really rural areas but in some hinterland areas in Lagos, in Ogun and I have thought of doing this plantain and banana plantation on them but no idea how to start. Meanwhile, someone I told the idea sometime last year said plantain destroys land structure.

How is the treatment done and does it truly destroy land structure for future use to construct building?

How can one start it? Can you shed more light?
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by stunnert(m): 7:29am On May 01
franchasofficia:
It's a safer investment compared to stock.

But your investment manager matters.

Which investment company are you working with?
I'm just about to start with either stanbic asset management or cowrywise
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Kevineleven(m): 7:33am On May 01
Pay 1m to a legal advicer and an analytical thinker , guess what ? I am both .
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by franchasofficia: 7:34am On May 01
stunnert:
I'm just about to start with either stanbic asset management or cowrywise
Go with Stanbic IBTC Asset management. Tell them you want to invest in their UPDC Real Estate Investment.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Erums(m): 8:06am On May 01
[quote author=bmasz post=129721241]

Ask your questions I'll answer[/quothow do i buy this in bulk
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Curious345: 8:34am On May 01
You told him to buy treasury bills right ?

So which bank will give you 20% interest rate on a treasury bills bought in the secondary market?

And if you want to get the 20% you mentioned here , then you must buy directly from the CBN ,and the minimum auction is ₦50m..

Op don't ever come to naira land for advise ooo
franchasofficia:
buying land in already developed middle class city area in the state you live, don't build because your money won't go anywhere. Just buy old dilapidated buildings, demolish the building, clear up the site and resell as empty land.

Don't buy the land to keep or build on it. Your target is to buy and resell as soon as possible.

You can also invest in Federal government Treasury bills, the current rate now is attractive. It comes with almost no risk. The rate now is 20% returns after 3 months because FG is broke and desperate to attract investors.

1 Like

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by incogni2o: 8:40am On May 01
dawnomike:
Buy a 2or 3 bedroom flat in ibadan and rent it out.

What area in Ibadan
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by franchasofficia: 8:55am On May 01
Curious345:

So which bank will give you 20% interest rate on a treasury bills bought in the secondary market?

And if you want to get the 20% you mentioned here , then you must buy directly from the CBN ,and the minimum auction is ₦50m..

He can get 12.5%.

Treasury bills is one of the safest investments with mutual funds.

They may not have high returns but they are safer than going into buying and selling when he is not already into it.

I dont advice what I am not doing or have done

1 Like

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Curious345: 8:56am On May 01
Dey play ..

From 20% to 12.5% baah🤣🤣
franchasofficia:
He can get 12.5%.

Treasury bills is one of the safest investments with mutual funds.

I dont advice what I am not doing or have done
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by franchasofficia: 8:58am On May 01
Curious345:
Dey play ..

From 20% to 12.5% baah🤣🤣
I forgot 20% is for direct investors, I am by the way.

So I couldn't have disputed your comment when I know you are correct.

And any information I gave here was for free and I didn't expect him to dive into any without making further findings, besides he cant get into TBs investment without involving an asset or investment company or manager.

So you dont expect detailed step by step guide on a free counsel shocked

1 Like

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Curious345: 9:02am On May 01
What's your net worth ?

This one you're looking for e-book money online ..
franchasofficia:
I forgot 20% is for direct investors, I am by the way.

So I couldn't have disputed your comment when I know you are correct.

And any information I gave here was for free and I didn't expect him to dive into any without making further findings, besides he cant get into TBs investment without involving an asset or investment company or manager.

So you dont expect detailed step by step guide on a free counsel shocked
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by franchasofficia: 10:08am On May 01
Curious345:
What's your net worth ?

This one you're looking for e-book money online ..
no be small ebook online cheesy cheesy

Even Tony Elumelu give free financial and business guide online. if u are in doubt I can share a link with you
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Gr8mind07(m): 10:20am On May 01
@OP , consider this advice and see your money grow exponentially
franchasofficia:

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by G12(m): 10:58am On May 01
raymexx:
Invest that money in oil business, raise Nnpc draft and sell when the Program is out I promise you will double that money in less than one year

Can you expantiate please?
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by ayjay45: 11:05am On May 01
raymexx:
pls what do you mean by raise nnpc draft?
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by jayce232: 11:51am On May 01
Beauty4brain:
@op, in all you do, don't build house with the hope of collecting yearly tentage. Is a waste of resources.
Buy properties and resell.
Especially those putting their properties on a distress sales.
Such business can not take your time away from whatever you're doing.

Good luck and congratulations on your strength to save such amount of money.
@bold It takes someone that has built & rented out to know the bold. I see many people up there advising him to build miniflats for rent, I just laugh.

2 Likes

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by danzaki63: 12:13pm On May 01
Use half to invest in real estate and the remaining on in Mutual trust in any of the tree major banks.Alternatively invest in foreign stocks. You can choose from Coca cola, Pepsi, Tesla, apple,etc.
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by Iamblessed85: 5:49pm On May 01
jayce232:

@bold It takes someone that has built & rented out to know the bold. I see many people up there advising him to build miniflats for rent, I just laugh.

Why is it waste to build and rent? From my understanding, it would guarantee earnings in perpetuity?
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by bmasz(m): 6:17pm On May 01
[quote author=Erums post=129724099][/quote]

There are persons that do the importation.

You could partner with them.

Message me on a dead thread and I'll send you my phone number let's discuss further
Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by bmasz(m): 6:19pm On May 01
jayce232:

It takes at least 10 years to recover your initial investment in a building project.

It's not a sustainable way for one to quickly grow their cash base except you want to use it and an asset to get loan to fund other business endeavors.

2 Likes

Re: I Have 20million Naira Saved, Pls Advice.. by haveadream: 7:36pm On May 01
Curious345:

https://punchng.com/nigerias-one-year-treasury-bill-oversubscribed/

The interest rate payable on Treasury Bill bought at the secondary market is variable. See above

You can get about #140,000 naira per month as pea nut interest in you leave the money in your bank. You can be sure you can sleep well but your returns will be negligible. Think well before you invest your money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: Making Money While In Uni, How? / FCTA To License Six Firms To Run Taxi Sub-sector / Money Was Withdrawn From My Friend's UBA Bank ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.