Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge (1861 Views)

Popular Obi Promoter Who Claims To Be A Woman On Twitter Actually A Man-segalink / Peter Obi's Supporter Displays Gun, Threatens Whoever Votes Tinubu, Atiku / Peter Obi's Supporter Rocks 'Peter Obi' Haircut (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Afamed: 1:09am On May 01
His master didn't build ordinary kindergarten class all through his Principal 8 yrs in office.

So what did you expect?

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:10am On May 01
naptu2:
So all those cars will come to the ferry terminal and wait for the ferry to arrive, then drive onto the ferry while the next set of cars wait and that's best for the nation's commercial capital, better than a bridge that the cars can just drive on instead of waiting for the ferry to arrive?

Wonderful!

Do you know the traffic that plies the Third Mainland Bridge every day?? We have massive traffic jams with the bridge in place, then someone wants us to use a ferry instead!

Anyway, as someone said, you can't wake someone that is pretending to be asleep, so there's no point arguing. I'll just flood this thread with my old posts.
180,000 cars
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Khyrvxjzy: 1:11am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Oya name one and get 100k

everything is for biafra
may biafra come through
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:12am On May 01
The most wasteful and unnecessary federal project since independence remains the Second Niger Bridge .

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Khyrvxjzy: 1:13am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Yes they have zero economic benefits... Just feel good projects that make life easier

Not that they have any economic benefits

They are like a personal house in the village

stay one place
you said they dont have economic benefit

let it be like that

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:14am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Yes they have zero economic benefits... Just feel good projects that make life easier

Not that they have any economic benefits

They are like a personal house in the village

Ok

We will ensure that Tinubu does not build Shi Shi in your east.

The two Niger bridges and federal roads in your SE must be tolled to recoup the wasted money invested in them.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:15am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

So having a permanent bridge structure is too expensive than having "fairy" service .

Ok oh.

How many "fairies" are you going to procure to "fairy" thousands of cars per day across the lagoon ?

Do you know the cost implication of procuring and maintaining boats talk more of your "fairies"?

Do you know the capacity of your average boat "fairy" service ?

Third mainland handles tens of thousands of cars per day.

Your average ferry boat would probably cater for no more than 100-200 cars at a time. How many "fairy" boats with such capacity stated above can come any where near the capacity the current third mainland bridge caters for on a daily basis?

Now remember your "fairy" boats don't come cheap to procure and operate. Those things run on 2 to 4 diesel engines and guzzle a lot of fuel.

So how many fairy boats do you think will be needed to meet the traffic the third mainland bridge handles per day ?

I have told you people to stick to your petty buy and sell business and leave politics for your betters.
Lagos 3rd mainland bridge has 200k traffic per day... And generate zero economic benefits

Having a 50 ferry carrying 150 cars over that strip 50 times daily would generate billions
Create thousands of jobs... That's economic benefits

The bridge create zero job, zero revenue , zero GDP impact

It is a feel good projects no economic benefits🤗👏👏
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:17am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

Ok

We will ensure that Tinubu does not build Shi Shi in your east.

The two Niger bridges and federal roads in your SE must be tolled to recoup the wasted money invested in them.
Sure use the money to give to South East businesses as low intrest loans

Then use yours to build bridges n roads... Let's see in 10 years which region would be better for it
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:17am On May 01
Khyrvxjzy:

i know their aim is to get biafra, believe me even if we serve them that biafra today they will reject, saying government should not have build 3rd mailand bridge

170k cars will line route and enter ferry

i cant imagine

Which useless Biafra ?

The referendum they are crying for if granted today they will vote overwhelmingly to remain in Nigeria.

That's why I said it is up to other Nigerians to decide if we want them or not. It's that time you will see them running all over the country and world begging to remain in Nigeria.

Do not fall for their lies and deciet.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:19am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Sure use the money to give to South East businesses as low intrest loans

Then use yours to build bridges n roads... Let's see in 10 years which region would be better for it

We no dey give shishi!

Give you loans to continue importing trash at the detriment of our manufacturing base.

How Una dey raise money before ?

Let me ask NDLEA for the above.

Entitled priks

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:22am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

We no dey give shishi!

Give you loans to continue importing trash at the detriment of our manufacturing base.

How Una dey raise money before ?

Let me ask NDLEA for the above.

Entitled priks
These one talks like he has any power

You can't even say this face to face to your igbo neighbor

In fact post this on your Facebook screenshot it then come and take 100k
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:24am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Lagos 3rd mainland bridge has 200k traffic per day... And generate zero economic benefits

Having a 50 ferry carrying 150 cars over that strip 50 times daily would generate billions

So a free public bridge should be replaced with an inefficient ferry service managed by private companies .

See your foolishness.

This is why you don't have pipe borne water in Enugu instead 90% of Enugu residents get their water supply from water tankers ferrying water from 9th mile daily.

Is this the kind of economic activity you think we need in Lagos and Nigeria?

No wonder touts are extorting you people at any moments glance for even carrying luggage on the roads of Onitsha.

I even saw one of obi's budget proposal were he had fines as part of his revenue base for a fiscal year .

This Una Biafra go real sweet wella.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:26am On May 01
mrvitalis:

These one talks like he has any power

You can't even say this face to face to your igbo neighbor

In fact post this on your Facebook screenshot it then come and take 100k

You have exposed how dense and empty you are

Face your petty trade and other illicit side hustle and leave politics and governance for your betters.

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:29am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

So a free public bridge should be replaced with an inefficient ferry service managed by private companies .

See your foolishness.

This is why you don't have pipe borne water in Enugu instead 90% of Enugu residents get their water supply from water tankers ferrying water from 9th mile daily.

Is this the kind of economic activity you think we need in Lagos and Nigeria?

No wonder touts are extorting you people at any moments glance for even carrying luggage on the roads of Onitsha.

I even saw one of obi's budget proposal were he had fines as part of his revenue base for a fiscal year .

This Una Biafra go real sweet wella.

Name a state in Nigeria that have better water system than Enugu

Bros ferry was to show u don't need 3rd mainland bridge

It has zero economic benefits u guys can't still name one

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:30am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

You have exposed how dense and empty you are

Face your petty trade and other illicit side hustle and leave politics and governance for your betters.
Name one economic benefits of 3rd mainland bridge and get 100k

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:32am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Name one economic benefits of 3rd mainland bridge and get 100k

I can't even believe you will ask such stupid question .
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:34am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

I can't even believe you will ask such stupid question .

Shame me by naming just one... All you guys do is just insult and then run

No body here has been able to name one

Please don't run just name one
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Khyrvxjzy: 1:35am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

Which useless Biafra ?

The referendum they are crying for if granted today they will vote overwhelmingly to remain in Nigeria.

That's why I said it is up to other Nigerians to decide if we want them or not. It's that time you will see them running all over the country and world begging to remain in Nigeria.

Do not fall for their lies and deciet.

am also saying they will chose to be in Nigeria
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:36am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Name a state in Nigeria that have better water system than Enugu

Bros ferry was to show u don't need 3rd mainland bridge

It has zero economic benefits u guys can't still name one

You liar.

Enugu suffers from severe water crisis.

90% of Enugu residents depend on tanker water delivery sourced from 9th mile.

At least you have an entire industry of water suppliers filling the gap were govt ought to have stepped in.

This is your economic model of pure capitalist extortionism.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:37am On May 01
Khyrvxjzy:

am also saying they will chose to be in Nigeria

That's why the decision shouldn't be theirs to make but we Nigerians .

Because if you left it in their hands they will vote to remain and a few years down the line another revisionist rabble rouser will claim the referendum was rigged to keep them in Nigeria .
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 1:38am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

You liar.

Enugu suffers from severe water crisis.

90% of Enugu residents depend on tanker water delivery sourced from 9th mile.

At least you have an entire industry of water suppliers filling the gap were govt ought to have stepped in.

This is your economic model of pure capitalist extortionism.

Name a state with better water system ooh stop grammar I dare you
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:42am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Shame me by naming just one... All you guys do is just insult and then run

No body here has been able to name one

Please don't run just name one

You are reasoning like a typical Obi commissioned Upper Iweaka tout.

So civil infrastructure have no direct economic benefit until it generates money directly from those using it.

If the FG shuts down the two Niger Bridges linking your SE and then issues liscence to private "fairy" providers , shey this will be beneficial to you ?

Or maybe if the FG tolls both bridges you will be happy.

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:48am On May 01
naptu2:
So all those cars will come to the ferry terminal and wait for the ferry to arrive, then drive onto the ferry while the next set of cars wait and that's best for the nation's commercial capital, better than a bridge that the cars can just drive on instead of waiting for the ferry to arrive?

Wonderful!

Do you know the traffic that plies the Third Mainland Bridge every day?? We have massive traffic jams with the bridge in place, then someone wants us to use a ferry instead!

Anyway, as someone said, you can't wake someone that is pretending to be asleep, so there's no point arguing. I'll just flood this thread with my old posts.

He says the bridge has no economic value because it's hindering "fairy" service that would create more jobs and revenue .

That is your Obidient zombie for you.

We might as well ban air travel so that those going abroad will either use ocean liners that will take at least 2 weeks to get to the US so that passengers will be billed more for board and passage.

The level of stupidity from these former ear gazers no be here.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by AuschwitzPrefec: 2:07am On May 01
mrvitalis:

At the expense of the public .

You want to create jobs from lack of infrastructure just as you buy water in tankers in Enugu because of your govt refusing to invest in providing pipe borne water in a city that has no underground water reservoir or are extorted by government sanctioned touts in places like Onistha for merely walking on the streets with your personal luggage.

You try.

1 Like

Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by kolaaderin: 4:54am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Never said they are useless, they are feel good projects

Don't have any economic benefits they just make our life's easier

If my village is experiencing poverty I rather they invest in the farmers to expand their farm, if possible process their goods to a higher valued products than doing roads
and when they produce, no road to take them to available markets,they end up wasting production and after max two cycles of waste they will shrink production to just feeding your village alone. That village will remain a village, will never expand in agriculture and never open up to other economic activities. If this is what you all want Obi to come and do on Nigeria, thank God we dodged a WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction).
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by aswani(m): 7:01am On May 01
Jogs1900:

Oga, if you know what Nigerians faced before they completed this bridge, you wouldn't say it was a feel good project..
You may not know anyway because there was no Internet then.

That person also has never lived in Lagos or tried to travel from the Island to the mainland and vice versa when only Carter and Eko bridges wẹre functional.

That coastal highway is going to be eventually completed and hypocritical Obidients that joined their leader to complain about it will be using it.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by predictor1: 7:09am On May 01
mrvitalis:

What exactly are u showing me this for
I am not against building bridges and roads nope

I am against building them when the economy is dying or using borrowed funds to do that

My argument is this, in the present economic situation like we have now we don't need something like this,you have 2 other bridges

And we can have fairly industry that can carry 1 million cars per day , create multiple jobs, and generate billions

Focus now should be revenue generation increase and GDP growth
What is "fairly industry"?
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by predictor1: 7:10am On May 01
These people are running mad.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by flokii: 7:23am On May 01
So many projects are ongoing in the North including the world class railway Buhari started building to Niger republic (when Soith East had no functional railway), but you'll never see Igbos open mouth to condemn such.. It's when they see Yorubas making moves to develop the South West that they start criticizing and comdemning.

The Lagos-Calabar coastal highway will help reduce the commotion, traffic jams, trailers and long vehicles queues on Lagos roads, even trucks lifting petroleum products from Dangote refinery can use the new route instead of going through the usual highways to avoid tanker accidents and explosions due to bad state of the Benin-Ore route.
It's only a mad person and a shollow mind that will say the coastal highway is waste of resources.. People that can never do good things in their miserable lives.
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 7:29am On May 01
kolaaderin:
and when they produce, no road to take them to available markets,they end up wasting production and after max two cycles of waste they will shrink production to just feeding your village alone. That village will remain a village, will never expand in agriculture and never open up to other economic activities. If this is what you all want Obi to come and do on Nigeria, thank God we dodged a WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction).
Lol you don't need tared road to transport goods

There is no village that their goods spoil for lack of road none
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrvitalis(m): 7:30am On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

At the expense of the public .

You want to create jobs from lack of infrastructure just as you buy water in tankers in Enugu because of your govt refusing to invest in providing pipe borne water in a city that has no underground water reservoir or are extorted by government sanctioned touts in places like Onistha for merely walking on the streets with your personal luggage.

You try.
Name state with a better pipe borne water system than Enugu and get 100k
Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jogs1900: 7:35am On May 01
aswani:

That person also has never lived in Lagos or tried to travel from the Island to the mainland and vice versa when only Carter and Eko bridges wẹre functional.

That coastal highway is going to be eventually completed and hypocritical Obidients that joined their leader to complain about it will be using it.
My joy about the coastal road when completed is the reduction in travel time, reduced transportation cost from Lagos (the most populated state in Nigeria) to the SS..I think the minister said From Lagos to Calabar will be 4 hours...It means i can travel to Calabar in the morning and by evening,im back to Lagos without my neighbor knowing that i travelled.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! I Live In A Dsyfunctional Country / The Best Governor In Nija / EFCC Crack Down On Yahoo Boys (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.