Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure (24200 Views)

BDCs Back CBN’s Directive Stopping Use Of Domiciliary Accounts As Collateral / Banks, Businesses Comply With CBN Directive On Old Notes — But Shortage Persists / Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Besuccesful: 7:19pm On Apr 30
Opay is the best as far as I am concern. I have stop using commercial banks for a long time now. Dem won use charges injure me. Moya japa go where life is easier (Opay)

Before month end I do get opay cash back like #2,000 and above whenever I buy data, airtime etc. My bank has never given me anything if I bought data or airtime from them.

Also, Opay have one of the best network. Infact if you want your transaction to reflect immediately use opay. Nigerian banks should learn business method from Opay honestly.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Ulogwe1: 7:21pm On Apr 30
These money deposit banks are really scared of the digital banks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by sofeo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30
They don't know what they've entered.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Pascal9: 7:24pm On Apr 30
SmartyPants:

What you don't know is that the majority of these digital banks still have to partner with conventional banks to function.

Do the banks seem worried to you? Lol. They are posting record profits.
record profit from fraudulent charges.is that how to run business?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Besuccesful: 7:30pm On Apr 30
Sorry for your experience. Two days ago I transferred money to my wife and it got declined, the money was reversed immediately. I tried it more than twice and the money were all reversed. Did you checked with your bank too?

kingi777:
Since April 2nd 2023, I used POS to buy petrol at a filling station along Kubwa express way in Abuja, the transaction got declined while N7000 was debited. I've written emails to them which they responded and asked me to forward the receipt. Since then they have not been responding to messages and I don't know their physical office in Abuja. Since then, I hardly do serious transactions with this Opay. If it was normal conventional banks, one can easily resolve transactions issues online or at their branches. I brought up this information here to see if there's any guidance on how to get my money.

4 Likes

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by kingi777: 7:31pm On Apr 30
mikmash:

Good evening, have you tried submitting a "manage dispute " on the app?
I don't know about it

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by SmartyPants(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30
Pascal9:

Lol. There is nothing fraudulent about those charges. You may feel they are excessive and unfair...that doesnt make them fraudulent. Also, I hope you really don't think that is how the banks get wealthy? The banks get wealthy by investing your money, playing with forex, etc.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by benzion72(m): 7:34pm On Apr 30
Traditional Bank are dying, they are bleeding. Most Nigerian have Japa to digital bank

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by kingi777: 7:34pm On Apr 30
[quote author=Besuccesful post=129717491]Sorry for your experience. Two days ago I transferred money to my wife and it got declined, the money was reversed immediately. I tried it more than twice and the money were all reversed. Did you checked with your bank too?

It was POS transaction and Opay was not responding after the initial response after sending email to them.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Pascal9: 7:35pm On Apr 30
SmartyPants:

Lol. There is nothing fraudulent about those charges. You may feel they are excessive and unfair...that doesnt make them fraudulent. Also, I hope you really don't think that is how the banks get wealthy? The banks get wealthy by investing your money, playing with forex, etc.
go and sit your ass down, you are one of them

5 Likes

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by tuzle(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30
Omo my union bank account want to debit my life. Imagine all the charges they remove from u when u have money in the account.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Inosky: 7:39pm On Apr 30
I was anticipating opening opay account and wire all my money there. Now, govt wants to rubbish opay and other digital banks to favour useless commercial Banks that are milking Nigerians and have poor service.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Donjuan77: 7:42pm On Apr 30
Opay has no issue at all, just that other commercial banks are afraid of this opay, the banks are even collaborating with all these big fuel stations, supermarket, schools by rejecting the opay card for transactions. Even all these commercial bank staffs are using opay because it is reliable

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Lateef73: 7:49pm On Apr 30
Benblaq:

You people better not tamper with our mobile banks that have made "I don send am, I never see am, wait small" a story of the past.

You made me laugh hard with that quote 😂 grin

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by boxypane(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30
Ma hear say I believe una
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Walz001: 7:50pm On Apr 30
Opay you are their father
They àre still learning
The only thing commercial banks do is to collect. People money

Opay is the best bank in Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Gggjhhj: 7:52pm On Apr 30
Been long I entered into a banking hall, I just no like bank, I no even do ATM if u no take transfer leave am, ATM sef don too show person shege

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by popes001: 7:55pm On Apr 30
Honestly I don't think we are grateful enough for Opay and the likes. Unnecessary money deduction, transfer and receipt issues, app bugs etc have been minimal since I started using Opay and moniepoint. Thanks once again Opay.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by mikmash(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30
kingi777:

I don't know about it
After login into the app, go to select "cards" select physical cards. Once there, select manage dispute. Trace the transaction you did, click on dispute. It will be on review 7 working days,most atimes it might not take such long period of days. Always insure to check the progress report from the day you submitted to final status.

Second method, click on your transaction history, select the specific date and month of the transaction, click on submit dispute there. Wait for reversal after investigation, if it shows decline then the money has left your account, visit the nearest opay office for a log code and give to the fueling station to contact their financial agents or customer service for a refund.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:00pm On Apr 30
I. Cannot even transfer to palmpay, ND kuda. Does the restrictions limit to that too
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Besuccesful: 8:00pm On Apr 30
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by onadana: 8:07pm On Apr 30
Benblaq:
I abandoned my GT and FCMB accounts for close to two years now because of the charges and deductions I can not explain. Someone recently sent money to my FCMB because she couldn't find opay using ussd, before the money even dropped it had reduced. I saw RECRY Q1 card maintenance fee, RECRY Q2 card maintenance fee and what and what not, .. the money reduced annoyingly. I don't even use their cards. These traditional banks make customer service very difficult and still complain when people run away.

You people better not tamper with our mobile banks that have made "I don send am, I never see am, wait small" a story of the past.

I just saw this morning First bank debited maintenance fees of N7,500 vat N545,Sms fees,Vat on Sms fees and almost N8500 gone from my account. Anyway that's the last I have left Nigeria for them.

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Franking: 8:08pm On Apr 30
Opay abeg o.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by LIA1900: 8:17pm On Apr 30
When it comes to issues like this, Opay is the best bank bro, go to Manage dispute on your app, click on the said transaction and report.. It will only take 3working days, your money will be reversed.
kingi777:
Since April 2nd 2023, I used POS to buy petrol at a filling station along Kubwa express way in Abuja, the transaction got declined while N7000 was debited. I've written emails to them which they responded and asked me to forward the receipt. Since then they have not been responding to messages and I don't know their physical office in Abuja. Since then, I hardly do serious transactions with this Opay. If it was normal conventional banks, one can easily resolve transactions issues online or at their branches. I brought up this information here to see if there's any guidance on how to get my money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by sleeknaija(m): 8:23pm On Apr 30
Hezzyluv:
Digital banks the slayers of commercial banks.

These digital banks are really give commercial banks serious competition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Nasri100(m): 8:25pm On Apr 30
kingi777:

Truth is we are yet to perfect debit card transactions in Nigeria. It’s the same old dispense error issues even with commercial banks.

For me whenever I am in Nigeria I like to do bank transfer only cause I ain’t got time to be going to the bank to drag issues. Besides debit cards expose your account to fraud risks unlike credit cards which are safer but not popular in Nigeria.

To avoid things like this just do transfer or use cash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by chikason22(m): 8:32pm On Apr 30
kingi777:
Which bank sent you to do this PR. E no go work. OPAY has come to stay. The best of all the best. Say something else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by d5fada: 8:35pm On Apr 30
Yeah this works!

Really enjoyed my stay with Opay and PocketApp by Piggyvest. for years now i've dumped traditional conventional banks.

Funny enough, for years GTB showed me shege! But my PocketApp uses a GTB number and it's seamless... There's something these fintechs know that the big guys have refused to know or they know but refuse to use...

LIA1900:
When it comes to issues like this, Opay is the best bank bro, go to Manage dispute on your app, click on the said transaction and report.. It will only take 3working days, your money will be reversed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by WhiteLavender(f): 8:35pm On Apr 30
Pascal9:
Don't mind him. The banks don't seem worried but some of their ATMs have been programmed to reject Opay cards.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by WhiteLavender(f): 8:37pm On Apr 30
Donjuan77:
Opay has no issue at all, just that other commercial banks are afraid of this opay, the banks are even collaborating with all these big fuel stations, supermarket, schools by rejecting the opay card for transactions. Even all these commercial bank staffs are using opay because it is reliable
Exactly. Some ATMs reject the opay card, like Polaris and access bank. Doesn't even make any sense
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Mexyz(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30
Pascal9:
go and sit your ass down, you are one of them
He is simply telling you the truth, most of you think the commercial banks are threatened, meanwhile all these fintechs partner with them.
Your declined transactions or dispense error on fintech platforms are processed and refunded by such partnership.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Bimpe29: 8:41pm On Apr 30
Hezzyluv:
Digital banks the slayers of commercial banks.
You can say that again. I move funds from commercial banks to digital banks nowadays 😂

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Breaks Out At Tejuosho Market, Yaba, Lagos / Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service / Best Ways To Make Money Off Valentine In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.