Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure (24208 Views)

BDCs Back CBN’s Directive Stopping Use Of Domiciliary Accounts As Collateral / Banks, Businesses Comply With CBN Directive On Old Notes — But Shortage Persists / Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by kingi777: 8:52pm On Apr 30
chikason22:

Which bank sent you to do this PR. E no go work. OPAY has come to stay. The best of all the best. Say something else.

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by sprints1: 8:52pm On Apr 30
Idiot people... I don't care...I go still dey use my opay nothing other banks are useless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Pascal9: 9:02pm On Apr 30
Mexyz:

He is simply telling you the truth, most of you think the commercial banks are threatened, meanwhile all these fintechs partner with them.
Your declined transactions or dispense error on fintech platforms are processed and refunded by such partnership.
you are misinformed, if they are not threatened, let them allow the consumer make their choice, i have never allowed my funds to stay in any commercial bank to stay a minute, and i know millions do it, if your soo call commercial banks don't change this there fraudulent practices in 5yrs many of them will be history.forget those dubious profits. If those profits are real why is most of them going down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by highbee02: 9:08pm On Apr 30
₦41,700 was sent to my STANBIC ibtc and ₦700 was deducted for using USSD, ditto for UNION bank. I quickly moved the remaining ₦41k to my Opay account.

The commercial banks are useless, all of them very useless

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Mexyz(m): 9:09pm On Apr 30
Pascal9:
you are misinformed, if they are not threatened, let them allow the consumer make their choice, i have never allowed my funds to stay in any commercial bank to stay a minute, and i know millions do it, if your soo call commercial banks don't change this there fraudulent practices in 5yrs many of them will be history.forget those dubious profits. If those profits are real why is most of them going down
grin grin
Just laughing out loud here, if only you know how banking work, you won't be talking about dubious profits or Banks going extinct in 5yrs time.
Anyways no wahala boss, I hear you.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Nasri100(m): 9:16pm On Apr 30
Mexyz:

grin grin
Just laughing out loud here, if only you know how banking work, you won't be talking about dubious profits or Banks going extinct in 5yrs time.

I love the online banks in Nigeria, especially Opay. It’s fast and got easy access like Cashapp

But ridiculous people think commercial banks will pack up because of Opay and Palmpay.

Do you have a clue the volume of transactions these banks do in a day? Do people think banking is all about transfers?

Do you realize these commercial banks can create money out of nowhere and an integral part of the economy?

Damn People are not well informed.

Besides it’s God, Government and then commercial Banks. Never forget that.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by yommygift15: 9:18pm On Apr 30
kingi777:
Since April 2nd 2023, I used POS to buy petrol at a filling station along Kubwa express way in Abuja, the transaction got declined while N7000 was debited. I've written emails to them which they responded and asked me to forward the receipt. Since then they have not been responding to messages and I don't know their physical office in Abuja. Since then, I hardly do serious transactions with this Opay. If it was normal conventional banks, one can easily resolve transactions issues online or at their branches. I brought up this information here to see if there's any guidance on how to get my money.
Very simple, send the complain to their twitter handle and copy CBN, it'll be resolve within minutes
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Pascal9: 9:18pm On Apr 30
Mexyz:

grin grin
many have gone
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by VIPAFRICAN(m): 9:30pm On Apr 30
Besuccesful:
Opay is the best as far as I am concern. I have stop using commercial banks for a long time now. Dem won use charges injure me. Moya japa go where life is easier (Opay)

Before month end I do get opay cash back like #2,000 and above whenever I buy data, airtime etc. My bank has never given me anything if I bought data or airtime from them.

Also, Opay have one of the best network. Infact if you want your transaction to reflect immediately use opay. Nigerian banks should learn business method from Opay honestly.
Pls how do I get my charge back money from opay?
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by greggng: 9:30pm On Apr 30
kingi777:
Since April 2nd 2023, I used POS to buy petrol at a filling station along Kubwa express way in Abuja, the transaction got declined while N7000 was debited. I've written emails to them which they responded and asked me to forward the receipt. Since then they have not been responding to messages and I don't know their physical office in Abuja. Since then, I hardly do serious transactions with this Opay. If it was normal conventional banks, one can easily resolve transactions issues online or at their branches. I brought up this information here to see if there's any guidance on how to get my money.

Write them again .Attach that receipt again . Copy Central Bank via this email cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Add copy efcc via info@efcc.gov.ng ..

Demand for complain code from opay via email . You will use it to fill in the form cbn will send you via there automated message . Fill the form and send . Watch how your money will to your account quickly
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Testimony1988(m): 9:34pm On Apr 30
FG should allow Fintech banks do their jobs unhindered.

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Silentgroper(m): 9:41pm On Apr 30
Gentlesoul2021:
I. Cannot even transfer to palmpay, ND kuda. Does the restrictions limit to that too
from opay??
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by mikmash(m): 9:59pm On Apr 30
Disruption is part of a dynamic project. Same way we start from hand driven vehicles to autonomous ones. Financial services, regardless are changing the dynamics of the game with the emergence of fin-Techs.

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by anyilalaz: 9:59pm On Apr 30
Benblaq:
I abandoned my GT and FCMB accounts for close to two years now because of the charges and deductions I can not explain. Someone recently sent money to my FCMB because she couldn't find opay using ussd, before the money even dropped it had reduced. I saw RECRY Q1 card maintenance fee, RECRY Q2 card maintenance fee and what and what not, .. the money reduced annoyingly. I don't even use their cards. These traditional banks make customer service very difficult and still complain when people run away.

You people better not tamper with our mobile banks that have made "I don send am, I never see am, wait small" a story of the past.

Not only your end. I open a savings accounts that I will be contributing every months for my kids 9 &7 years old but alas am seeing all manners of deductions. Just imagine a futuristic account without sms and ATM CARD enabled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Mason360(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30
kingi777:

You have issues with ignorance and not with opay. You were supposed to go back to your bank with your declined slip containing your transaction ID. The issue was with your banking system network. Your card got declined because the the network wasn't strong enough to complete the cycle so it stopped halfway.

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by mikmash(m): 10:12pm On Apr 30
kingi777:

Have you submitted, the dispute.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by fareed69(m): 10:21pm On Apr 30
Who dey keep money with you?
You pass MMM.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by MILLERMannn: 10:24pm On Apr 30
kingi777:
You should have asked people around. There is a way.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by baralatie(m): 10:34pm On Apr 30
papagiddy:
Well.. that's good
.if that's d case....the way and manner pple are dropping opay terminal for moniepoint dey shock 😲...Every where in moniepoint terminal....Opay needs to sit up oo.or else... otilo!!
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:41pm On Apr 30
Coronavirus123:
This clueless govt should tackle insecurity and provide regular power supply as this will encourage but farmer and producers and watch how inflation will reduce drastically and Naira will continue to appreciate against the dollar not some stupid coastal highway to siphon money.
God bless you coronavirus
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by jrobbins: 10:47pm On Apr 30
SmartyPants:

What you don't know is that the majority of these digital banks still have to partner with conventional banks to function.

Do the banks seem worried to you? Lol. They are posting record profits.

Most of them don't understand how the African economy still work. The lots thinks digital banks worry Conventional physical banks, why then did they slam Emefiele for cash crunch? Why didn't everybody just download Opay and let's say to hell with cash?

All the so called fintechs, are depending on commercial banks but no need saying that online as most of these people won't understand.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by jrobbins: 10:55pm On Apr 30
Nasri100:

I love the online banks in Nigeria, especially Opay. It’s fast and got easy access like Cashapp

But ridiculous people think commercial banks will pack up because of Opay and Palmpay.

Do you have a clue the volume of transactions these banks do in a day? Do people think banking is all about transfers?

Do you realize these commercial banks can create money out of nowhere and an integral part of the economy?

Damn People are not well informed.

Besides it’s God, Government and then commercial Banks. Never forget that.

Ridiculous and Ignorant lots

Ask them what's the meaning of Letter of Credit(LC), Various Forms, Advanced Payment Guarantee(APG), etc and they'd just be quiet.

If you have a shop and I come to buy Goods worth say 3million and pay in cash, how will they deposit it into their so called Opay account if not because commercial banks exist?

Can you pay school fees to a foreign institution using Opay?

How about world remits and it's likes.

These guys thinks banking is just transfer alone...
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by LIA1900: 11:17pm On Apr 30
You are right fintechs are wizards, it will even display the day, hour and seconds you will get your refund..
d5fada:
Yeah this works!

Really enjoyed my stay with Opay and PocketApp by Piggyvest. for years now i've dumped traditional conventional banks.

Funny enough, for years GTB showed me shege! But my PocketApp uses a GTB number and it's seamless... There's something these fintechs know that the big guys have refused to know or they know but refuse to use...

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Segxydube: 11:23pm On Apr 30
kingi777:
i have this kind of issue on opay before and i was refunded... Just chat their customer service in the app.. Its easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by LOVEGINO(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30
Hezzyluv:
Digital banks the slayers of commercial banks.
yes ooooooo.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by LOVEGINO(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30
bouncin04:
Summary please
opay dey share 1k to all customers.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by AgentGoat: 12:23am On May 01
highbee02:
₦41,700 was sent to my STANBIC ibtc and ₦700 was deducted for using USSD, ditto for UNION bank. I quickly moved the remaining ₦41k to my Opay account.

The commercial banks are useless, all of them very useless

In mosdii voice useless all of them.

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by kutashi: 1:00am On May 01
Pascal9:
go and sit your ass down, you are one of them
Exactly my thought!
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by bigiyaro(m): 1:03am On May 01
Hezzyluv:
Digital banks the slayers of commercial banks.
especially ancient analog commercial banks.
Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by kutashi: 1:31am On May 01
The name calling is unnecessary and worthless of a literate!

Nigeria is poverty ridden and over 70% of population dealing with banks is just transfer, withdrawal and probably online purchase on a micro scale such as airtime, bills, etc
So, tell me their business with BG, APG or LC? And immediately your business reached some 'growth class' you will automatically know some of this term even you don't know anything about school! This I known!

People are just complaining about commercial 'thieving exercise' in the name of charges compared to the digital bank!
I
jrobbins:

Ridiculous and Ignorant lots

Ask them what's the meaning of Letter of Credit(LC), Various Forms, Advanced Payment Guarantee(APG), etc and they'd just be quiet.

If you have a shop and I come to buy Goods worth say 3million and pay in cash, how will they deposit it into their so called Opay account if not because commercial banks exist?

Can you pay school fees to a foreign institution using Opay?

How about world remits and it's likes.

These guys thinks banking is just transfer alone...

1 Like

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by member13(m): 2:46am On May 01
kingi777:

Oga, you said April 2nd 2023, but the receipt showed December 2nd 2023, so which one is it?

2 Likes

Re: Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure by Johel(m): 5:52am On May 01
Coronavirus123:
This clueless govt should tackle insecurity and provide regular power supply as this will encourage but farmer and producers and watch how inflation will reduce drastically and Naira will continue to appreciate against the dollar not some stupid coastal highway to siphon money.

As simple as that bro...shows how old and clueless they all are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Ways To Make Money Off Valentine In 2020 / Chicken Consumers Flay Increased Processing Charges / 70 Smart Business Ideas To Start At University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.