Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly (1204 Views)

Matawalle to NEF: Tinubu Won 2023 Elections Convincingly, You Don't Speak For Us / Mr. Peter Obi Can Win 2027 Election If He Do These / Kogi Governorship: I Will Defeat PDP, Wada Convincingly - Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly by aswani(m): 12:35am On May 01
To tag on to my previous port, cloud server back ends have a concept of primary and multiple secondary databases, so even if you could assume God mode to cause havoc in a primary database without any auditing, automatic replication and log shipping will ensure that your changes are in a file that is sent to the secondary database because those secondary databases are read-only to you and you can't access them to update directly. You just configure the set up only.

Those log shipping changes are also logged on the secondary database.

As I said, the checks and balances on cloud servers are tough to bypass and even on the rare occasions they are breached, it doesn't take long to get things back up to a last known healthy state.
Re: See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly by aswani(m): 12:38am On May 01
garfield1:

Anything can happen in 2027

Like what sir? If anything the controls will get tougher. Without needing to disclose anything and breaching confidentiality, a lot of work in that regard is ongoing.

These cloud server vendors don't even ask you to pay extra for security features again, they are all rolled in as a matter of course.
Re: See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly by garfield1: 12:38am On May 01
aswani:

Like what sir? If anything the controls will get tougher. Without needing to disclose anything and breaching confidentiality, a lot of worn in that regard is ongoing.

These cloud server vendors don't even ask you to pay extra for security features again, they are all rolled in as a matter of course.

You are brutal
Re: See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly by aswani(m): 12:49am On May 01
garfield1:

You are brutal

Not at all sir.

I am not saying elections can't be rigged but it can only be done before it hits the server a la Cynthia Okeke for LP.

INEC have more work to do actually at the card reader end of things, the Readers, I believe it's BVAS, should ensure all individual party votes tally with the total. The should also ensure signatures are not duplicated.

My hope is for more on the spot checks and balances as we move forward before upload is allowed.

Eventually, finger printing technology on voting slips should come into play, it won't come cheap but would ensure fairer elections. So all of that multiple votes by a group of people will simply be automatically voided once the voting slips are updated.
Re: See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly by garfield1: 1:11am On May 01
aswani:

Not at all sir.

I am not saying elections can't be rigged but it can only be done before it hits the server a la Cynthia Okeke for LP.

INEC have more work to do actually at the card reader end of things, the Readers, I believe it's BVAS, should ensure all individual party votes tally with the total. The should also ensure signatures are not duplicated.

My hope is for more on the spot checks and balances as we move forward before upload is allowed.

Eventually, finger printing technology on voting slips should come into play, it won't come cheap but would ensure fairer elections. So all of that multiple votes by a group of people will simply be automatically voided once the voting slips are updated.
We need full electronic voting
Re: See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly by Difrent: 2:17pm On May 01
Kepukepu:
I have told you, if them put me for INEC backend, I can rig the election for the highest bidder. That's what they will do.

You should put pressure on INEC and not the party, INEC na the crook here.
Those delay during collation was to buy more time for backend to manipulate data. I can put my last card on it.

Those buying voters card as well, this will make it more easy for backend to insert eligible voters for APC in the database.

Election rigging with BVAS and IRev is not rocket science. It's just massive CRUD on database in favor of the highest bidder.
The loophole is massive.

This is the result of endemic corruption, even technology cannot stall it

This INEC that you are crucifying also made possible for opposition to win in the places they gloat about winning.
I totally disagree with you
Its the political actors that need to change, INEC may not be perfect but is far from the villains y'all make of it whenever results go against you.
Seems to me you don't really know what Politics is all about.
It's a game and the winner is the one that played it the way it's supposed to be played.
Seek and canvas for votes appealing to people's conscience with good programmes not thinking your social media popularity will make you president , the vast majority of those who will vote for you are actually not on socal media and are not even connected to the internet.
Re: See Why APC Will Win 2027 Presidential Election Convincingly by lionshare: 3:55pm On May 02
Kepukepu:
BVAS and IRev election method is one of the easiest to rig.
Any party who's in charge of INEC backend team will win the election.

Most tech people here will agree with how easy it for a backend guy that in charge of database can perform CRUD operations on it and can actually use it to manipulate database.

It's simple, buy INEC backend and do some little rigging work on the field, you will win.
If APC can just get 20% of the actual vote, the backend guys will do the remaining.

A tech person will understand what I mean.

This is why I am not even going to waste my time to vote in 2027

These are at best mere assumptions —no logic on how the so called back end rigging will be done.

If you do a shoddy job at convincing the people and forging a united front you’ll get the same results.

If you’re asked to provide proof of 2023 rigging you’ll start another assumptions series. It’s cold hard numbers not fantasies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Efcc Investigating Ogun State / Voters Registration / A Vote For Donald Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.