Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke (8424 Views)

FG Halts Kolmani Oil Drilling 16 Months After Flag-Off / Adeleke Moves Into Osun Government House 16 Months After Swearing-In / I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Dennisochampa: 7:03am On May 01
SoNature:

It's not confusion; people understand and approach governance differently. Any governor who doesn't make the kind of money Lagos makes or receive the kind of federal allocation like Akwa Ibom and still doesn't borrow money probably doesn't know what they are doing.

Nigeria is a developing country and there's nothing wrong with borrowing and investing the money in critical areas that will yield more money for the state.

How about borrowing to start a massive PPP cocoa plantation or other cash crops that will help Osun become a major exporter of cocoa in Nigeria? The governor can also set up a company that will be processing the cocoa.

How about building power projects that will target certain industries and estates in Osun State? They will be cut off from the national grid and the power station will supply them power and the consumers pay their bills to the supplier directly.

There are lots of things governors can borrow money for. The IGR and federal allocation will be used for paying salaries, empowering the citizens and fixing infrastructure across the state, while the borrowed money will be invested in ventures that will only yield more money for the state. Many people just join politics to answer governor and not necessarily to make a major impact.

Bros Nigeria is an under developed country
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Tareq1105: 7:04am On May 01
Thanks for educating him. To him, it's an achievement for not borrowing. What a kid they have as Gov.
SoNature:

It's not confusion; people understand and approach governance differently. Any governor who doesn't make the kind of money Lagos makes or receive the kind of federal allocation like Akwa Ibom and still doesn't borrow money probably doesn't know what they are doing.

Nigeria is a developing country and there's nothing wrong with borrowing and investing the money in critical areas that will yield more money for the state.

How about borrowing to start a massive PPP cocoa plantation or other cash crops that will help Osun become a major exporter of cocoa in Nigeria? The governor can also set up a company that will be processing the cocoa.

How about building power projects that will target certain industries and estates in Osun State? They will be cut off from the national grid and the power station will supply them power and the consumers pay their bills to the supplier directly.

There are lots of things governors can borrow money for. The IGR and federal allocation will be used for paying salaries, empowering the citizens and fixing infrastructure across the state, while the borrowed money will be invested in ventures that will only yield more money for the state. Many people just join politics to answer governor and not necessarily to make a major impact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by tiswell(m): 7:06am On May 01
futuregovernor:
Sorry ohh,he is not the cause of your family issue's. God bless you
same to you oh jare
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Successlane: 7:08am On May 01
kolaaderin:

He can't take any loan, he is too shallow to think of what he needs a loan for, Osun state has everything and do not need investment into any future endeavors. All he needs to do as a governor is to continue to pay salaries while the state grows above her income from FG, creating an unsustainable future.

Nothing more to add.

1 Like

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Bluntemperor: 7:19am On May 01
seunlayi:
This is good. Please don't take any needless loan

What is good here -as he is either cajoling the Osun People but later years,he will join the fray!
All the NBillions Palliatives, What have they( Governors) done with it?
Can tell the people his achievements but only that he pays the Retirees!
Is that the reason for Creation of that State- just pay Retirees,dance around with tall Cap?
You get the leaders you want!
I wish him well!

2 Likes

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by bdon123(m): 7:22am On May 01
This is gud news indeed
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by bdon123(m): 7:23am On May 01
Nemere2020:

https://punchng.com/16-months-into-my-tenure-osun-yet-to-take-a-single-loan-adeleke/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social
In other words u hav only succeeded in executing recurrent expenditure n hav done nothing new.

1 Like

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by bdon123(m): 7:24am On May 01
Dennisochampa:

So in other words, he should borrow abi??
Yes he should if d project d loan will go for is self sustainable to fund d loan repayment
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by bdon123(m): 7:25am On May 01
Dennisochampa:
Many people dey say na bad decision not to borrow...

Nigeria dey borrow wella... Una say them too borrow... Una dey complain up and down...

Now una see the one wen say e no go borrow.... Una dey vex up and down....

Nigerians are some of the most confused creatures God ever created....

If he has enough IGR coming in to fund his projects, what should be do with borrowing especially knowing that the state isn't rich enough to finance or service multiple loan facilities??

Did u hear 1 project he completed apart frm renovation of primary health care that might be a lie

2 Likes

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by kellyzaf(m): 7:26am On May 01
Dennisochampa:

Nigeria dey borrow... Una say them too borrow... Osun no gree borrow... Una say them no do the right thing.... It is well cheesy cheesy

My brother that is nigeria for you, you can never satisfy nigerians no matter how good you are. Sometimes I feel that we nigerians truly don't know what we really want as a nation. Give them a good president today, they will be shouting and protesting againt him, then give them a bad one, they will be complaining and no protest. Been a nigeria is really tiring too. God help us

1 Like

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Dennisochampa: 7:30am On May 01
kellyzaf:

My brother that is nigeria for you, you can never satisfy nigerians no matter how good you are. Sometimes I feel that we nigerians truly don't know what we really want as a nation. Give them a good president today, they will be shouting and protesting againt him, then give them a bad one, they will be complaining and no protest. Been a nigeria is really tiring too. God help us

Bros the matter Taya me wallai
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Gabayo17(m): 7:37am On May 01
You don't need to oppress yourself to impress people. Good move
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by CharlesofJesus: 7:37am On May 01
Seriously, I am shocked at the negative comments above, there is nothing you can do as a government to please the masses that is Just it, thesame set of people will castigate Buhari and previous government for heavily burrowing.. thesame governor had constructed so many roads and rehabilitated some, paying workers salary that Yahaya bello of kogi state couldn't do for his people despite getting huge bailout from the federal government and borrowing...it is well

jogsman01:
See many bad belle comments above. Someone even said he's achieved nothing cos he didn't seek for any loan. It is well sha.

Btw, Adeleke till they kingdom come insha'Allah

1 Like

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by iSense247: 7:45am On May 01
jogsman01:
See many bad belle comments above. Someone even said he's achieved nothing cos he didn't seek for any loan. It is well sha.

Btw, Adeleke till they kingdom come insha'Allah
It because APC government is notorious for borrowing and squandering. So if they see a performing governor who says he is not borrowing these APC guys become jittery and feel threatened. That's the reason behind their senseless comments up there.

1 Like

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Sedonxavi: 7:54am On May 01
kolaaderin:

He can't take any loan, he is too shallow to think of what he needs a loan for, Osun state has everything and do not need investment into any future endeavors. All he needs to do as a governor is to continue to pay salaries while the state grows above her income from FG, creating an unsustainable future.
You just demonstrated how daft you are for you to give such a comment. Your masters who took loan for 12 years in the state and still paying modulated salary. How is that an achievement. It's obvious this country is curse from all corners from leadership to the citizens

1 Like

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Curious345: 8:07am On May 01
This guy should get a 2nd term
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by CluelessMODS: 8:19am On May 01
Jostoman:
Those APC children that stays in Ajangbadi Lagos will soon arrive here to talk nonsense.

Well done Adeleke
There is nothing wrong in taking loans, what you do with it is what matters.
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Hafeexla(m): 9:03am On May 01
grin grin grin grin

Osun is already in one chance.

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by integrity16(m): 9:12am On May 01
He has yet to take any loan. If you know you know
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by jiz: 9:36am On May 01
Nairaland APC members are not happy that the governor is doing well grin grin Keeping saying trash about him, naa you go explain tire...no evidence

1 Like

Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by goshee: 10:18am On May 01
Somebody is celebrating some months of not taking any loan and people are commending him but very quick to condemn a man who came on board when his state was the worst in terms of security, very bad in education, couldn't pay workers, public schools were on strike for months and many more and he was able to turn the state's economic future around, paid all salaries, gratuity, pension, renovated almost all government schools, made the state one of the most secured, had the highest road network in the whole country, became first in education and health, had billion of naira saved for his successor without take #1 lone and made the state the most viable and stable economic all before leaving office in a country where everybody is a thieve.

Elrufai who always criticized Obi left a humongous debt for his successor, and many other which has not been exposed. Nigerians are jokers.
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by femi4: 10:36am On May 01
BOSSkesh:
What have you achieved
That’s what we’re asking
Workers n pensioners ain't owed
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Galinton(m): 10:53am On May 01
That's good, not like fat plateau state governor that borrow 16billion in 6 month.
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by UncleAyo: 11:42am On May 01
This is laughable.

You will not know how smart some people are until they open their mouth.

Debt is a leverage (of other people's money). If HE can say this, then it is better that he did not borrow because he would have abuse it.
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Solsix(m): 12:47pm On May 01
kolaaderin:

Haha
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Prince111111: 1:01pm On May 01
Dennisochampa:

Nigeria dey borrow... Una say them too borrow... Osun no gree borrow... Una say them no do the right thing.... It is well cheesy cheesy
confused minded people everywhere...tueh
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Lovelive: 1:12pm On May 01
Sense+less comment so far

tiswell:
When you can't handle your affairs at home as a man,is it a state that you can handle.

There is nothing to be proud of cos loans means you have done absolutely nothing since becoming governor
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by Haynnie: 7:23pm On May 01
Dennisochampa:

Don't mind them with their double standard
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by ibkgab001: 8:12pm On May 01
kolaaderin:

I hope you are aware of new IGR and FAAC ... you lack manners and knew nothing about the good governance Onikure
Re: 16 Months Into My Tenure, Osun Yet To Take A Single Loan – Gov Adeleke by kolaaderin: 6:34am On May 02
ibkgab001:

I hope you are aware of new IGR and FAAC ... you lack manners and knew nothing about the good governance Onikure
complete Omugo, borrowing is not a crime if the intension is pure, a focused government definitely has a lot on the mind to do and invest for the people which the Allocation can never be able to execute. Ode like you think going to Abuja like a begger every month can elevate Osun state. They will have to leverage on the small allocation to source for funds that could execute serious project for the growth of the state. Anyone could be governor if it's just by paying salaries and showing on TVs. You have to think out of the box,, borrowing is not the issue appropriate use is the key. Any one that can not manage borrowed money to property can never progress with free money from Abuja.

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / At Last: Alex Otti Apga Wins Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu Pdp In Court / January Salary Paid For Fed Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.