Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,470 members, 7,836,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way (18966 Views)

Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech / The EAST-WEST Coastal High Speed Rail Line - Buhari's Joker & Game Changer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Incredible128: 8:54pm On May 01
Is this the right time for the government to bring up this project? How and who would be the financiers? What loans or contracts would the government take for this project? I personally feel this project is a fraud and just an avenue for siphoning billions into some people's pockets
Biodun556:

Coastal road is named as such because the states sharing the road houses Nigerian ports. It does mean that the whole road will pass on water

1 Like

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Judolisco(m): 8:54pm On May 01
Lemos14:

Can you kindly find another lie to tell?
wetin I dey lie for... U an check my posts on Nairaland.... I'm d biggest critic of d apc.. But no be everything u go dey criticise...
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by muhammaduyusufu: 8:55pm On May 01
LegendHero:

It is with Ojuku. I heard he stole the map before he died.

You fit help us go collect am?
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by muhammaduyusufu: 8:55pm On May 01
How come it's majorly ibos that are angry at the construction of this highway. Why the bitterness and anger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Biodun556(m): 8:56pm On May 01
Incredible128:
Is this the right time for the government to bring up this project? How and who would be the financiers? What loans or contracts would the government take for this project? I personally feel this project is a fraud and just an avenue for siphoning billions into some people's pockets

That one doesn't concern you

1 Like

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Shikena(m): 8:56pm On May 01
South South people, hope you dey see your "attache by force" friends. E reach your project, dem say na white elephant. White elephant ko white Anambra hero beer ni.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Greenfusion: 8:56pm On May 01
rinzaugustine:
You have not benefited from the roads you already have but hoping to benefit from new one…bunch of clowns without common sense
Road wen never start e say dangote refinery go benefit from am.....clowns....we just hope it would be completed as scheduled

2 Likes

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Konquest: 8:57pm On May 01
Biodun556:
1. The road will connect all the 7 ports in Nigeria together

2. The road will serve as alternative to lagos-ibadan expreway.

3. All major cities in South West and South South will be connected together.

4. The 700 kilometer road is not entirely new as there many federal roads within it so it served as way of repairing the bad federal roads

5. The coastal road will have rail, this will assist the new refineries to easily move their products.

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by duality(m): 8:57pm On May 01
Biodun556:

If you say Lagos Ibadan express road. Does that means the road only connect lagos and Ibadan?

Of course you didn't get it.

Even if this road is to be constructed, it's only between VI and Ibeju Lekki. Nothing more.

This is the truth. IF IT'S GOING TO BE CONSTRUCTED INDEED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Justbesure: 8:57pm On May 01
Biodun556:

4. The 700 kilometer road is not entirely new as there many federal roads within it so it served as way of repairing the bad federal roads

5. The coastal road will have rail, this will assist the new refineries to easily move their products.
You mean it is designed to serve Dagote purpose

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Kukutenla: 8:58pm On May 01
Nightwolf1:

Your ignorance is what made you to believe that fraudulent map.

The shorelines in Rivers State and Bayelsa state including Delta is not same as Lagos state.

Because the criminals wanted to steal in trillions with this project, they never told you that coastal areas in the aforementioned States are peoples ancestral homes. It is not exactly what you have in Lagos state.

Are you going to uproot those people from their swampy villages with mangrove forests and creeks because of coastal highway?

Travel and see, that is part of education.
Since you have failed to name the locations where this fraudulent road will pass through, then begin to think now and ask Thièfnubu your criminally minded uncle serious questions about this project. grin grin
Dude is an ignoramus
That map is the map of the existing road infrastructure. You can see it is not following the coast and splits at Benin
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by loffyloffy: 8:59pm On May 01
Nightwolf1:

Your ignorance is what made you to believe that fraudulent map.

The shorelines in Rivers State and Bayelsa state including Delta is not same as Lagos state.

Because the criminals wanted to steal in trillions with this project, they never told you that coastal areas in the aforementioned States are peoples ancestral homes. It is not exactly what you have in Lagos state.

Are you going to uproot those people from their swampy villages with mangrove forests and creeks because of coastal highway?

Travel and see, that is part of education.
Since you have failed to name the locations where this fraudulent road will pass through, then begin to think now and ask Thièfnubu your criminally minded uncle serious questions about this project. grin grin

You mean this people cannot spare just a few meters out of there vast mangrove ancestral homes for a road that will benefit them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Rejouir: 8:59pm On May 01
Biodun? It's so sickening, it's always a few yoruba's supporting their own blindly out of bigotry. Trust me, these politicians you risking your life for, do they care. Ask yourself
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Wallade(m): 8:59pm On May 01
Biodun556:

I have tried to juxtapose the benefits in comparison with the forgone alternatives, however I feel the project is driven by selfish interest of some persons in the leadership position I. Favor of their cronies considering the process of award of the contract.

Why prioritize road construction over train transportation system
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by franchasofficia: 8:59pm On May 01
LegendHero:

It is with Ojuku. I heard he stole the map before he died.

You fit help us go collect am?
Typical Yoruba boy, no capacity, no sense, no integrity, no sense, no shame, devoid of reason and objectivity, always. They will open their pepper filled mouth waaah and vomit just anything

By the time Tulumbu failed regime is over like Boomharri own, and this white elephant project becomes abandoned as usual, they will blame Dave Umahi for misleading Tulumbu, they will spin the narrative around to blame it all on Umahi, God spare our lives, this my comment will serve as a reference to you hungry tribal bigot praise-singers
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Bebigiby1: 8:59pm On May 01
There are more pressing issues like electricity watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB7DW5AmWvo?si=utrog4WbnIKFsgv9
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Goodlady(f): 9:00pm On May 01
Biodun556:
Nigerians must think well before criticizing
Alright. You may be right here. But dear Janjaweêd, why are you always pained with Zion matter?
Shey IDF nuke you ni?

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Biodun556(m): 9:02pm On May 01
Kukutenla:

1. How will the road connect 7 ports in Nigeria?

2. How can it serve as alternative to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway when it's a coastal road. Is Ibadan a coastal town?

3. Major cities how? Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure, Ado-Ekiti, Osogbo, Benin, PH, Uyo are major cities of SW and SS. How will these road connect these cities? Are they previously unconnected?

4. How is it not new when it is supposed to be a coastal highway. Is there an existing coastal highway?

5. Refineries are better served with pipelines connecting them to depots and ports not rail lines.

Conclusion: It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

And those pipelines connecting each fuelling stations?

Or would the pipelines be built overnight?

Find out the locations of the Nigerian ports and that will teach you
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by LegendHero(m): 9:02pm On May 01
franchasofficia:
Typical Yoruba boy, no capacity, no sense, no integrity, no sense, no shame, devoid of reason and objectivity, always. They will open their pepper filled mouth waaah and vomit just anything

By the time Tulumbu failed regime is over like Boomharri own, and this white elephant project becomes abandoned as usual, they will blame Dave Umahi for misleading Tulumbu, they will spin the narrative around to blame it all on Umahi, God spare our lives, this my comment will serve as a reference to you hungry tribal bigot praise-singers

Okay thanks for the mention.

So when are you now retrieving the map from Ojuku grave?

2 Likes

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by CapitalBank: 9:02pm On May 01
Biodun556:

When you people are done destroying the country, please let us know.

We must reach the end of that road you people are so happy to take us.

We are getting there.
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by kenex4ever(m): 9:02pm On May 01
Biodun556:

The project will last for eight years
Let's hope he borrows enough to complete it and the road meets the hype.

That amount could be used to transform the power sector.
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Kukutenla: 9:03pm On May 01
grandstar:
The road isn't as coastal as I thought.
That's not the road.
It's abysmal that such misinformation made fp.
Only God knows what Seun and his mods are doing.
Even if it's a paid piece at least check it for factuality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by ddippset(m): 9:04pm On May 01
Maybe I am naive...

But if this amount of money is invested in the power sector, won't we generate 20MW of electricity?

Or in a refinery??

There is no road built in this country now that would be more beneficial than generating electricity, building refinery or creating a manufacturing industry....

If you like call it coastal road abi mami water road.

1 Like

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:04pm On May 01
grandstar:
The road isn't as coastal as I thought.

When I saw the map on the front page, that was exactly the same thing that came to my mind
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by OChimex: 9:04pm On May 01
Biodun556:

I have never seen people who can be easily deceived like Nigerians.

Ask yourself, fuel heading to 1,500, inflating skyrocketing, insecurity worsening, cost of living rising so high. Hunger everywhere because inflation no gree people buy food chop. No electricity, very costly if youvsee am. These are what's hitting the common man hard
All the mentioned benefits of the road, how could it reduce any of these problems common Nigerians are facing?
Mind you, the so called road will gulp over 1 trillion

1 Like

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Kukutenla: 9:05pm On May 01
Biodun556:

And those pipelines will connect each fuelling stations?

Or would the pipelines be built overnight?

Find out the locations of the Nigerian ports and that will teach you
Stop writing rubbish. Your map is a map of the existing road network and not the coastal road.

You're just writing meaningless rubbish you have no clue on.

Mention the 7 ports and major cities to be connected as you claimed or you're just a cheap pathological liar!!

1 Like

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by CapitalBank: 9:05pm On May 01
Kukutenla:

1. How will the road connect 7 ports in Nigeria?

2. How can it serve as alternative to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway when it's a coastal road. Is Ibadan a coastal town?

3. Major cities how? Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure, Ado-Ekiti, Osogbo, Benin, PH, Uyo are major cities of SW and SS. How will these road connect these cities? Are they previously unconnected?

4. How is it not new when it is supposed to be a coastal highway. Is there an existing coastal highway?

5. Refineries are better served with pipelines connecting them to depots and ports not rail lines.

Conclusion: It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

P.S. Your map is a map of the existing road linking south west with south south and south east. It shows your ignorance that you mistook that for the coastal highway.

He knows what he is doing. He was sent to come and add a voice.

They are have hundreds of account here.

On Twitter they mind how they talk cos they know the consequences
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by VULCAN(m): 9:06pm On May 01
Who are you to make this statement?

On what do you base your confidence?

Are you funding it with your money?

Are you in control of tomorrow?

Biodun556:

It will not
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Biodun556(m): 9:07pm On May 01
Kukutenla:

Stop writing rubbish. Your map is a map of the existing road network and not the coastal road.

You're just writing meaningless rubbish you have no clue on.

Mention the 7 ports and major cities to be connected as you claimed or you're just a cheap pathological liar!!

So those existing roads have ten lanes and rail
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by shinealight(m): 9:07pm On May 01
Nightwolf1:

You are stating the economic importance without knowing the direction of this road. Poorly tutored agbadorian.

Now show me where this road project will pass through in Rivers State and name the location.

Make sure you don't run away from my question.

Why should we be concerned about where it will pass in Rivers State? Should everybody be asking where it will pass in their State or town/village to justify the economic benefits of embarking on the project? Think Nigeria my friend….not just about your State.

1 Like

Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by rinzaugustine: 9:08pm On May 01
Greenfusion:

Road wen never start e say dangote refinery go benefit from am.....clowns....we just hope it would be completed as scheduled
I think they are desperately trying to prove a point they are not fools like people see them but the more they try to, the more foolish they appear
Re: Economic Importance Of Lagos Calabar Coastal High Way by Brendaniel: 9:10pm On May 01
completeskills:

This project ordinarily would have been a welcome development but Nigeria as a country has so many pressing issues right now. Our economy is not vibrant enough to confidently see out this mega project.
Even the presidency Knows the truth....but this people supporting them....I feel they are being paid to support unpopular decisions because they always support whatever they dish out......no constructive criticism......they always agree and stand by them. It's crazy!!
there is no excuse for some of the hard headed support they give to this leaders who keep on inflicting suffering on the innocent ones and even they that keep defending them. I really don't understand them

I just see them as wicked people....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors / Seized $5.7million: APC Used By ‘Foreign Interests’ To Destroy Nigeria — PDP / No One Can Take Nigeria Back To The Jonathan Days After Buhari’s 8 Years- SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.