Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,345 members, 7,836,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" (40463 Views)

He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo / Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by DonroxyII: 8:29pm On May 01
sureinfo:
This is really disgraceful, was he trying to shut her up or what? Is that how he’ll respond if it were a white person asking him?
We don't owe white people anything... Have you seen trump or Biden parrying questions before !
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by uniquelyspecial(m): 8:29pm On May 01
lapintoz:

International station or PR unit for opposition .......Nduka using the station to siphon government money through phoney contract....

Okay... Well done!
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by bukatyne(f): 8:30pm On May 01
helinues:
Engineer Dave is not interested in hearing payan

More like don't ask me dumbo questions

grin

Obviously dumb like your pay master.
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by helinues: 8:32pm On May 01
bukatyne:

Obviously dumb like your pay master.

Switch oo, na just one moniker go decimate all your normal and alternative monikers.

So as we roll
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by blabulu2000: 8:32pm On May 01
tishbite42:

Most of you behave like rabies-infested dogs on this Nairaland
How is she Igbo??

Do you mean dog like your siblings and families

Dogs of different breeds....

I got you

1 Like

Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 8:39pm On May 01
richie240:
Your moniker alone has revealed who is sane btw d 2 of us.
cool

Go and debate with your type. I don't debate with nonentities.
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:41pm On May 01
I love my Nigerian accent
I don’t speak phonetics
Just Nigerian accent
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Arabaincubus: 8:43pm On May 01
When I tell people that David Umahi is a bushman, they thought I was joking.

Has he not confirmed it by himself?
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by richie240: 8:45pm On May 01
cool
ThiefnubuBandit:

Go and debate with your type. I don't debate with nonentities.

Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Elonmuzk(m): 8:48pm On May 01
Such a beautiful lady with working brains. I like the level of professionalism she displayed over the stûpid minister.
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by richie240: 8:48pm On May 01
'Woman bin' sef, one cannot satisfy u ppl.
You call somebody 'bushman' and he's trying to upgrade by building roads across bushes to elevate the bush to city status, una still dey cry.

Ndi-obidients sef.
cool
Arabaincubus:
When I tell people that David Umahi is a bushman, they thought I was joking.

Has he not confirmed it by himself?
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Ekaka14: 8:58pm On May 01
I didn't know Umahi was this crude and rude.....after trying to put her off with his silly jokes
He goes on to start interrupting the poor lady...no finese, no humility...nothing !!
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by MsAllison(f): 9:08pm On May 01
helinues:

Switch oo, na just one moniker go decimate all your normal and alternative monikers.

So as we roll
always crafting nonsense to feel important
what a deluded thing
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Friend22(m): 9:20pm On May 01
Urheadmaster:
shocked

Underperforming public officials fear the press and try to boycott it, while those actively performing are using the press to their advantage. We know what side he is tongue

See one Gbajue noisemaker.

Even Dave Umahi detractors knows he is one of President Tinubu MVP in this administration.

Dey joke eh!

1 Like

Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Duru009(m): 9:23pm On May 01
Arise TV is the best Television in Nigeria for NOW.....
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Allisgud: 9:30pm On May 01
helinues:

I dey sure say Peter Obi would also become deceptive the moment he joins Apc.

grin
he will never do that,if he is like other politicians he would have grab the opportunity when tinubu ask him for work together
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by helinues: 9:33pm On May 01
Allisgud:
he will never do that,if he is like other politicians he would have grab the opportunity when tinubu ask him for work together

Then why did he vie under Labour party which their political ideology is different from Peter Obi's own?

Desperation?
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by freenature: 9:41pm On May 01
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85apAof22sE?si=UAFIAXiaCgAgCksd

ARISE NEWS

Umahi said: "Sister, I was raised in the village, me I no dey hear phoney...... I need interpreter oo...."

This man is a liar. The way he's speaking reeks of absolute truth avoidance. Damn !!!
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by HRMK: 9:43pm On May 01
I CONSIDER IT A BIT STUPID FOR ANY MEMBER OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO ACCEPT ANY INVITATION FROM ARISE TV WHICH ALL KNOW BELONGS TO OPPOSITION!THERE ARE NUMEROUS UNBIASED TV STATIONS THEY COULD VISIT!!

2 Likes

Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by DJInfluence: 9:55pm On May 01
This guy is a minister? Am shocked. What an embarrassment.
No decorum, interrupting her from asking her question. He still didn't answer the question about making the approval made available to the public.
Incompetent people running govt since 1960.
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by DJInfluence: 10:01pm On May 01
emkz:
How did she rattle him?

She asked a question and he responded. He made a joke and that was interpreted as rattling?

Arise News may need to explain if their interest is for the public good or they are seeking to protect their client.

The angst against the project by Arise News journalists and aspiring journalists is reminiscent of the same Arise News supporting Emefiele's manipulating of the naira to scuttle someone's ambition. It also reminds us of their proprietor attacking the presidential candidate of one party to interfere in elections because the candidate refused to attend his PR debates in his station for PDP or allow himself to be interviewed by his obviously biased media outlet.

Let us also remember that this same Arise News did not give any media coverage to the arrest of Godwin Emefiele, who is from the same area as the owner of Arise News. The running mate of the candidate in the PDP also came from the same area.

The sudden posturing for public probity is suspect.

Arise News, what is your interest in this matter? Did this guy pay you for PR against the government?
There's supposed to be dissenting voices too. Everybody can't blindly follow this clueless regime. That's the beauty of democracy. You expect arise to act like TVC?
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:01pm On May 01
richie240:
cool
My papa na idiot

Yes that's true.
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by morgstreme: 10:08pm On May 01
Urheadmaster:
shocked

Underperforming public officials fear the press and try to boycott it, while those actively performing are using the press to their advantage. We know what side he is tongue

How is he underperforming?
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Maxcollins042(m): 10:15pm On May 01
zed7:
As usual, our oversabi woke presenters and journalists with their funny accents, many whom haven't been to just Ghana. I tune off immediately when I hear presenters on radio and TV with stupid accents.

My siblings have been in the US for 18 years, yet they still speaks like Nigerians, clear enough for an illiterate to understand.

I don't understand all this black self hate. The lady was even rude when the Minsiter was trying to be fumny.

if I was the Minister, I'd snub her and ask for the next journalist to ask a question.

What facts do you have to conclude that they are faking their accents? Isn't it possible that these people with this foreign accents didn't grow up in Nigeria?

Did I hear you say the minister was trying to be funny? Funny at the expense of the journalist abi? Why are APC supporters so narrow and close-minded?
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:44pm On May 01
That is the reason why tinubu ran away from presidential debate the other time
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by folake4u(f): 10:50pm On May 01
zed7:
As usual, our oversabi woke presenters and journalists with their funny accents, many whom haven't been to just Ghana. I tune off immediately when I hear presenters on radio and TV with stupid accents.

My siblings have been in the US for 18 years, yet they still speaks like Nigerians, clear enough for an illiterate to understand.

I don't understand all this black self hate. The lady was even rude when the Minsiter was trying to be fumny.

if I was the Minister, I'd snub her and ask for the next journalist to ask a question.

How's Laila Johnson-Salami's accent funny?

She clearly performed her duty by asking him a question but as usual, the typical Nigerian elder/politician try to embarass and shame anyone younger than them who tries to question their authority; first by mocking their intelligence and then their accent.

David Umahi certainly isn't bright at all for trying to mock her because his ego was triggered. I loved that she maintained her professionalism and stood on business!

You didn't see the fact that he was trying to dodge her questions with his dry silly jokes? Glad she didn't entertain that.

Congratulations to your siblings for staying in the U.S. for 18years and maintaining their "Nigerian accent".

The truth is that everybody has an accent. You inclusive. I am from a particular tribe and the way I pronounce my name, you'd feel I'm forming or whatever but NO. It is just the way I talk.

If you were the Minister, the least you can do is accord a journalist respect by politely refusing to answer a question and not be dismissive.

Many Nigerians lack courtesy and basic etiquette.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Kpatakpata: 10:55pm On May 01
Bunch of idiots serving as government minister. Everything is taken for a joke. They no respect for the people they are leading. Everything gas crumbled under this government. They have successfully destroyed the country. God will ask them
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Ojady(m): 2:51am On May 02
This journalist is a typically proud Nigerian gal - one who was determined to get her irrelevant question across, no matter what... Her retort: "Well (shaking her head shamelessly) I can't help the way I speak"...speaks volumes not only to her personality beyond appearances, hips, lips and fingertips but also her inexperience... While trying to impress, she showed her lack of ability to adapt to an "on-the-spot", unplanned alteration of approach when the occasion called for it. For the Minister, in fairness to him, he did better, in trying to get the journalist to at least attempt to show she was versatile... But no...
Unfortunately many fall for appearances like hers, all surface, no depth...What exactly was the intelligence behind or point of the question?#NotImpressed
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Midehi3(f): 5:33am On May 02
helinues:

Why should Engineer Dave be answering dumbo questions from one unrecognized journalist?
cheesy cheesy abi village man is the dumbo, idiots in government, una no dey shame, seeing black to call white, anyways sha enjoy your defending stipend as usual
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Midehi3(f): 5:36am On May 02
HRMK:
I CONSIDER IT A BIT STUPID FOR ANY MEMBER OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO ACCEPT ANY INVITATION FROM ARISE TV WHICH ALL KNOW BELONGS TO OPPOSITION!THERE ARE NUMEROUS UNBIASED TV STATIONS THEY COULD VISIT!!
See them undecided focus on the truth, leave TV out of it, was that not a disgraceful act from the minister, village man cheesy
Re: Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" by Nigerianfactor: 7:59am On May 02
tommy589:
grin
Umahi finally responded to the question grin but e wan take style dodge am before

He didn't actually answer the question. He tried to harass and intimidate the press lady, it didn't work. He then latched on a meaningless refrain "we followed due process". But it is yet to be seen how the government followed the due process

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Reacts To Atiku's Signature Of Peace Accord / Osinbajo Caused Gridlock In Bariga As He Trekked To Pay Homage / Zahra Buhari Indimi’s Post-Baby Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.