Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World (45853 Views)

Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road / Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Khyrvxjzy: 10:26pm On May 01
Kepukepu:
But South Africa hs more money available in terms of IGR and reserves.

nigeria have higher igr than south Africa
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:26pm On May 01
Kepukepu:
no, I don't see the need for a project that will last 20 years or may never be finished when the existing ones are a mess. I'm sure every thinking person knows that this is not rocket science.

Maybe I will see the need if they start maintaining the existing roads. We are borrowing the money, we can't waste it because your likes want to play a coastal road just for the fun of it

- who told you they were not fixing the existing bad roads?
- are you claiming that before building new roads, they should first fix every single bad road in the country?
- cant you see that coastal highways could be an upgrade of the bad road?

2 Likes

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Killermamba: 10:28pm On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

The highway should then connect Calabar to Maiduguri via Benue, Taraba and Adamawa.

We are encircling the Dot and that's why they are mad.

Your Mental health needs to be checked
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by 7arrows: 10:28pm On May 01
MrBrownJay1:
so many dont know the great pleasure in driving down a coastal highway with no aim in mind and just enjoying the drive...

Just enjoying the drive when fuel will soon hit 1500 per liter. When Insecurity is at its peak. When many don't eat 2 meals daily. And u r here talking about just driving along a coastal way. I don't want to insult you, pls don't make me do it. How many times have you driven from mainland to epe or badagry just to feel the air? Oloshi

2 Likes

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Killermamba: 10:31pm On May 01
flokii:

They prefer to be asking Exxon Mobil, Shell etc. to move their Headquarters to Akwa Ibom, Delta and likes instead of having a super coastal highway that will link major cities in the South in space of 4 - 6hrs. My own joy is that it will decongest Lagos and boost economic activities in other parts of the country. Lagosians will breathe air of relief again.
ozuor how will this project decongest
Lagos
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by highchief1: 10:31pm On May 01
Khyrvxjzy:

so south Africa have higher gdp than Nigeria?
if their have a lower one and they use it well and we have a higher one and we misuse it who actually has a higher one.this money when only bello carry so how many such cases have u heard in South Africa.
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by 7arrows: 10:31pm On May 01
flokii:

So you didn't see Buhari that did 8 yrs or GEJ that did 6 yrs as President to convince, it's PBAT that is just clocking 1 yr in office that should fix all the bad roads in Nigeria for you.
Make I no just jam you, I fit shoot you walahi.

Ur reasoning is too low for me to argue with you. How many countries have you lived outside Nigeria? Let's start with that before I talk to you. Morooooooon

1 Like

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:32pm On May 01
7arrows:
Just enjoying the drive when fuel will soon hit 1500 per liter. When Insecurity is at its peak. When many don't eat 2 meals daily. And u r here talking about just driving along a coastal way. I don't want to insult you, pls don't make me do it. How many times have you driven from mainland to epe or badagry just to feel the air? Oloshi

you guys dont understand that this thread s about GREAT COASTAL HIGHWAYS OF THIS WORLD, and never mentioned nor put a single pictures of Nigerian coastal highways. you are the ones bitter about it and start mentioning Nigerian coastal highways while it has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

if you only knew how much fuel is on this side of the world, you will be quiet yeah.
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Thinder23: 10:33pm On May 01
helinues:

Those who have issue with the coastal highway should boycott it when it's done.

Vuvuzela or loud speaker?

Holy Jesus

You are still jobless this guy ?
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Blaze14k: 10:34pm On May 01
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Of recent, there was a thread showing pictures of projects going on in Abuja by Wike, the FCT minister. These same people talking nonsense about the coastal highway condemned Wike's efforts but they are quick to applaud Fubara for having nothing to show. The same people agitating for the maintenance of roads would still have something to complain and criticize the government. They are never satisfied. There is an animal that is so glutinous, that animal is called PIG. It's difficult to satisfy a pig, it's in it's nature to never be satisfied. That's exactly the nature of some people.

Oga do whatever you feel like as for me my business and family is more important all these things na cruise. I don't even see these guys you are complaining about. This tribal war is absolutely waste of time election is over yet you guys are not satisfied, It goes both ways and its pointless
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by shoprite: 10:36pm On May 01
Kidnappers and bandits be like . . .

1 Like

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Kepukepu: 10:36pm On May 01
Khyrvxjzy:

bro what are you saying
nigeria have more igr more than south Africa

are you igbo
I know education dropped in Nigeria but make sure you go through this.

https://www.worlddata.info/country-comparison.php?country1=NGA&country2=ZAF
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by helinues: 10:36pm On May 01
Thinder23:

Holy Jesus

You are still jobless this guy ?

Take a look of what always happen to the monikers you have been using to troll others for years on this forum.

Why do you like to be embarking on futile effort?

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Thinder23: 10:37pm On May 01
helinues:

Take a look of what always happen to the monikers you have been using to troll others for years on this forum.

Stop hyperventilating like a pig and accusing everyone
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Kepukepu: 10:38pm On May 01
MrBrownJay1:

- who told you they were not fixing the existing bad roads?
- are you claiming that before building new roads, they should first fix every single bad road in the country?
- cant you see that coastal highways could be an upgrade of the bad road?
How would you know when you have not left southwest since you were born.

Sagamu-Benin road has been under construction for more than 20 years, them no dey finish and and you want a pleasure coastal road.
You are not alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Ykc2(m): 10:39pm On May 01
Suddenly agbadorians remembered coastal roads ,mean while Ibadan lagos express way is 150 kilometers only after 15 years is not yet done, ajeokuta steel complex, kaduna refinery, warri refinery, ph refinery ,Benin by pass is dead trap this project will only stop at lekki where tinubu want to take back some lands from some landlords, but am happy igbo people no dey hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:39pm On May 01
Blaze14k:

Oga do whatever you feel like as for me my business and family is more important all these things na cruise. I don't even see these guys you are complaining about. This tribal war is absolutely waste of time election is over yet you guys are not satisfied, It goes both ways and its pointless

Election is only a function in democracy. Election is over but democracy is not over yet. grin grin grin
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:39pm On May 01
helinues:

Those who have issue with the coastal highway should boycott it when it's done.

Vuvuzela or loud speaker?

U sha no gree answer the question.
Smh
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by DOptical: 10:40pm On May 01
DOptical:
Look good. Most developed countries have coastal roads.
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:42pm On May 01
Kepukepu:
How would you know when you have not left southwest since you were born.
Sagamu-Benin road has been under construction for more than 20 years, them no dey finish and and you want a pleasure coastal road.
You are not alright

you cant blame one person for the failures of others (in the past 40yrs). this is Nigeria but that doesnt mean that they should stop building roads. i guess some presidents prefer to improve some areas rather than others.
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Kepukepu: 10:44pm On May 01
MrBrownJay1:

you cant blame one person for the failures of others (in the past 40yrs). this is Nigeria but that doesnt mean that they should stop building roads. i guess some presidents prefer to improve some areas rather than others.
You can't come into a house with shit in the toilet and decide to build another toilet instead of flushing the shit.

1 Like

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Khyrvxjzy: 10:47pm On May 01
Kepukepu:
I know education dropped in Nigeria but make sure you go through this.

https://www.worlddata.info/country-comparison.php?country1=NGA&country2=ZAF

what is world data.info
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by 7upnigeria: 10:49pm On May 01
flokii:

They prefer to be asking Exxon Mobil, Shell etc. to move their Headquarters to Akwa Ibom, Delta and likes instead of having a super coastal highway that will link major cities in the South in space of 4 - 6hrs. My own joy is that it will decongest Lagos and boost economic activities in other parts of the country. Lagosians will breathe air of relief again.

Me, i want to build a hotel close to the sea.
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by 7upnigeria: 10:50pm On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

What of your Ye@st?
If you put this effort demanding from Obi and other useless SE governors , maybe we will all be visiting SE every weekend for tourism and business instead of it being a glorified cemetary that it is.

Your mouth no good.
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by 7upnigeria: 10:53pm On May 01
Kepukepu:
No be everything be politics.

Sagamu to be in has been under rehabilitation for more than 10 years now, it has not been completed.

East-west road FROM Benin to Port Harcourt has been under rehabilitation since when I served in 2013, it has not been completed.

Make we no dey deciece ourselves, it would have been better to spend less on rehabilitating these roads instead of building another one.

I can spend can bet my last card that this road will not be completed in another 20 years. It's not like I don't want it to be completely but Nigeria has a bad culture, a country that cannot maintain a 300km existing Sagamu to Benin cannot built a 700km ocean road.

All of that will be fixed, and the coastal highway will STILL BE CONSTRUCTED. Makurdi to Abuja has been concluded, Makurdi to Enugu has commenced. That road that David mark never fixed as Senate President will mow become a dual standard road. Good times are here.

1 Like

Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Blaze14k: 10:53pm On May 01
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Election is only a function in democracy. Election is over but democracy is not over yet. grin grin grin

So you are fighting for democracy. Hey God!!

Wait is there someone oppressing you or holding you back I thought tinubu is the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Seriously you guys make this whole saga absolutely ridiculous. Nigeria has never gone so low. All presidents have come and gone but tinubu seems like he need to be protected. I'm sure you don't even know what ur doing cos u seem helpless

Bro you've put yourself in a very bad position cos you are now at the recieving end. The joke is all on you
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by Madups(m): 10:55pm On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:
Copa-Cubana beach in Rio has a coastal highway

Miami strip has one .

The entire Californian coastal region is linked by a highway.

The Italian coastline also has stunning highways.

The Cape Town coast line also has a stunning highway.

Same goes for Namibia.

Only land locked people will hate this project.
obviously u have malaria.. These highways you just mentioned how long are they and where do they lead to? How long is the proposed coastal highway in nigeria and what routes will pass through?
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by donmik: 10:55pm On May 01
My question is this: isn't there any other way to make roads again. Must they pass near water or through water? If this water vex one day swallow the bridges nko?
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by MsAllison(f): 11:00pm On May 01
helinues:

shatap
Re: Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World by hilaryCU(m): 11:06pm On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:
Copa-Cubana beach in Rio has a coastal highway

Miami strip has one .

The entire Californian coastal region is linked by a highway.

The Italian coastline also has stunning highways.

The Cape Town coast line also has a stunning highway.

Same goes for Namibia.

Only land locked people will hate this project.

Illiterate..check the meaning of landlocked before writing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Driver Crashes His Mercedes Benz SUV In A Freak Accident In Lagos. Photos / Indonesia's New Visa Policy For Nigerians / Air Force Plane Suffers Tyre Burst, Overshoots Runway (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.