Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Why Must God Be Seen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Must God Be Seen? (992 Views)

See What Happened To Those That Mocked God, Be Warned / Can God Be Proven From A Blank Sheet Of Paper? / Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must God Be Seen? by emofine(f): 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
"To cancel doubt" some people say, after all "seeing is believing" undecided

Yet is it important that we see Him?

There are other significant concepts such as love that we do not behold but witness the manifestation of such. . .or must we also physically see love to believe in love or other similar concepts?

Moreover are there not certain elements that operate in a higher frequency that cannot be captured by the human eye?
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by ichuka(m): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
@op
Very good point,for He says;"Blessed are those who have not SEEN and yet have believed"Jhn20:29b.
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
Truth.
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by gotizsata: 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
@emofine like hallucinations that no one else can see. while you are at it. why not throw in wizardry, santa claus, vampires, voodoo, reincarnation. why stop there. there are so many more logical and probably stories than Christianity/Jesus god that do not have evidence that you can rally behind.
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by emofine(f): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2011
gotizsata:

@emofine like hallucinations that no one else can see. while you are at it. why not throw in wizardry, santa claus, vampires, voodoo, reincarnation. why stop there. there are so many more logical and probably stories than Christianity/Jesus god that do not have evidence that you can rally behind.

Just wait a minute, young man/lady. . .I do not align myself to any particular religion but I do intend to seek God.

Do you believe in any unseen concept i.e love?

What makes you say no evidence points to God?
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by gotizsata: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
@emofine maybe I am old,

God and Love.
This a very different.
We have on one end a warm fuzzy or tingly feeling (depending on the person) that is only "acknowledge-able" by either claiming it existing or by doing something that we as humans socially agree that demonstrates love. right?
God, seen or unseen might exist, but no evidence whatsoever suggests this is probable, there is more evidence that santa exists. It is a more credible story. and hence my point. why take a less likely story while there are more likely stories to indulge in. you can of course argue it is a matter of your choice, I can't context that.
What I disagree though is that, this matter is open. Open enough for you to compare it to higher frequency waves/elements,
This is flawed in many ways.
Because there are tools to amplify and verify the existence of these elements and in case where such tools don't exist yet the probably that they exist manifested in the available evidence strongly suggests that they do exists.
But even in the absence of that capacity to measure the elements or evidence the chances of existence is can understandably be left open.
It is not really a matter of doctrine or alignments.
It is a matter of probability.
The chances are just too low, that it is not worth speculating.
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by emofine(f): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2011
@gotizsata maybe I am young,

God and Love.
This a very different.
We have on one end a warm fuzzy or tingly feeling (depending on the person) that is only "acknowledge-able" by either claiming it existing or by doing something that we as humans socially agree that demonstrates love. right?

God and love are both unseen concepts.

Precisely. We essentially witness the manifestation of Love. And as for the individuals courting such love they very much feel it and thus understand it's intensity, realness etc, even people who are not partakers of such love can sometimes feel or identify it.
Also people manifest love differently.

What I disagree though is that, this matter is open. Open enough for you to  compare it to  higher frequency waves/elements,
This is flawed in many ways.
Because there are tools to amplify and verify the existence of these elements and in case where such tools don't exist yet the probably that they exist manifested in the available evidence strongly suggests that they do exists.
But even in the absence of that capacity to measure the elements or evidence the chances of existence is can understandably be left open.

But how can one try and measure/evaluate God (a celestial being) by using a worldly barometer?

Like I said before, unseen concepts such as Love/God are not witnessed via the human eye but the way in which they are manifested is what we ultimately behold.
Not every concept must be seen with the eyes in order to validate their existence, at times it's appropriate to monitor with the heart etc. . .

I can't even begin to imagine what may occur if we mortals were to witness this being. Already fans faint at Madonna's or the late Michael Jackson's concerts (these artists are just human beings like us) or even the sun in it's radiant glory that can be detected yet we still shield our eyes when looking up at it. . . . . .thus how much more God?
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by Kay17: 9:19am On Nov 22, 2011
The kind of love expressed when she is pregnant?

God yes, exists AS an idea but as a being No!
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by gotizsata: 10:30am On Nov 22, 2011
@emofine
Love must manifest, otherwise it is not love.
That's why people ask(demand!) for verification all the time. Do you love me?
We have physical tangible signs of love, and we cherish these. Because they mean love exists.
Like the time you were bought a new car by your spouse, that's love. If you just feel it, and not express it, then it is not love.
And of course it varies, from a walk in the park, to a gold ring,
Same to God.
We must use what you call worldly barometers.
What other way exists? I'd like to know.
The Religious way is very "worldly", a bit too "worldly"

If we were to witness the Jehovah God or Allah, I would be among the millions/billions pelting rocks/ stones at it.
I am yet to hear or a good that would give me a warm fuzzy feeling or awe.

@: Kay 17, Yes you are right, it is an idea. A bad one. I like to think of it as a virus.
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by emofine(f): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
We have physical tangible signs of love,  and we cherish these. Because they mean love exists.

Exactly.

Same to God.
We must use what you call worldly barometers.
What other way exists? I'd like to know.
The Religious way is very "worldly",  a bit too "worldly"

But how would one use religion to prove God's existence?

And if we were to, which religion are we to uphold as an indicator of God's existence?

Yes I also believe that the "religious way is very wordly". I wouldn't use such as a barometer.

I suppose you're suggesting by which signs do we determine the existence of God, right?

That's why I compared this Being to Love to facilitate my point. Despite signs not everybody believes in Love, or believes it exists. Not everybody is willing to partake in this concept or understand it so some just indulge in false similes such as infatuation. And sometimes despite signs people still mistake love for lust etc. God nko? I'm sure others must have mistaken this being for other things also. . .

I will tell you this however, I do not even feel it's a duty of mine to prove God's existence.
I believe if people want to see, experience, seek Him they surely will.
Have you ever seen a counterfeit 3 dollar bill? Why? Because an original 3 dollar bill does not exist.
Why are there so many various gods? There must be false depictions. Why xerox something that supposedly doesn't exist? And how can a counterfeit exist without the original?

If we were to witness the Jehovah God or Allah, I would be among the millions/billions pelting rocks/ stones at it.
I am yet to hear or a good that would give me a warm fuzzy feeling or awe.

I wouldn't pelt a being that is infinitely bigger than me grin

What if God is not even Allah or Jehovah that we are constantly presented with?
Re: Why Must God Be Seen? by gotizsata: 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
@emofine

experience him? Did it occur to you that it could be a "her" or "it"?

No one can force you not to have subjective experiences, you have them and hence they are real. at least to you.
But like psychic powers, telepathy etc, we cannot analyze them objectively.
In other words, you feeling God does not make her, him or it exist.

about, I will tell you this however, I do not even feel it's a duty of mine to prove God's existence,
Not being able to prove that god exists , well that's the nature of things here. You are not alone - ask the Christians, Either way, I am not exactly preoccupied with pursuit of God. So I am not dying for evidence. So do not feel obliged to explain your God, especially if the concept is anything as flawed as Buddha, Krishna, Yahweh or Allah,

If God is the God of the Bible or the Koran, then he is a mass murder, a rapist, and he is the sum of all evil. I will definitely give a shot and protesting to him, if a rock can hit is head, that would be heavenly.

about many Gods, we have many kinds of witchcraft, all shapes and sizes. We also have all kinds of vampires, werewolves, basilisks, centaurs, jinis etc, the list is endless and they have fairly elaborate descriptions, sightings, tales, similarities, across regions and cultures. This does not mean that any of these things get a free pass when we are trying to determine what's real.

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Not Fair (and Neither Is God) / T. B. Joshuas' Prophesy For 2013 / Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.