Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,250 members, 7,867,656 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Jacob In The Bible Vs Jacob In The Qur'an (did The Qur'an Copy The Bible?) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jacob In The Bible Vs Jacob In The Qur'an (did The Qur'an Copy The Bible?) (483 Views)

Did The Qur’an Copy The Bible’s Violence? / Refutations Of World Religions: The Bible Vs. Other "Holy" Books / Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jacob In The Bible Vs Jacob In The Qur'an (did The Qur'an Copy The Bible?) by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 11
AbuTwins:
The difference is actually less than 300 years! The Books of the bible were written and had to be canonised aka fixed for you as New testament in the 4th century! If it was established it won't need a debate and votes to be canonised! The Qur'an was ready before the death of the Prophet in 632AD. So < 250 years not 600!
■ I didn't relate it to the time of Moses! It shows you were wrong about your YHWH. Manslaughter is not same as murder!
So the prophets of YHWH are not supposed to be above board at least? David had the holy spirit yet still committed murder and adultery! Samson too was just empowered with the Holy spirit to kill and kill...
1. I said nothing of your canonized bible of today though. I instead meant Scripture had existed in the region for at least 1000 years before Mohammed showed up. The teachings of Jesus Christ were already available to those in the region, thanks to the disciples who were sent out among the Nations in the land of Canaan — what was Arab world as well— for almost 600 years before Mohammed showed up on the scene with his ideas.

2. Moses was a murderer who was made a Prophet and Lawgiver by YHWH. (Moses did the attacking; this we know from what is recorded.) YHWH made no efforts to polish up Moses's image as He sent him right back to the very people who knew very well of his past. He wasn't a role model but a servant sent from God to deliver a message and that is the role that Moses played. undecided
Re: Jacob In The Bible Vs Jacob In The Qur'an (did The Qur'an Copy The Bible?) by AbuTwins: 10:31am On May 13
Kobojunkie:
1. I said nothing of your canonized bible of today though. I instead meant Scripture had existed in the region for at least 1000 years before Mohammed showed up. The teachings of Jesus Christ were already available to those in the region, thanks to the disciples who were sent out among the Nations in the land of Canaan — what was Arab world as well— for almost 600 years before Mohammed showed up on the scene with his ideas.
You are not sure of all these! Arabs don't understand Greek or Hebrew the Bible was written. I don't think any of the disciples speak Arabic. And there's no translation of the Bible to Arabic then! So how are you sure the Bible as it is today did reach Arabia?

2. Moses was a murderer who was made a Prophet and Lawgiver by YHWH. (Moses did the attacking; this we know from what is recorded.) YHWH made no efforts to polish up Moses's image as He sent him right back to the very people who knew very well of his past. He wasn't a role model but a servant sent from God to deliver a message and that is the role that Moses played. undecided
I never said he didn't do the attacking. His intention was not to kill! Moses was a role model for the people he was sent. That's why there was a Prophecy about Moses where YHWH said He would send a Prophet like Moses!

A New Prophet Deuteronomy 18:17-19!
Then the LORD said to me, “They have spoken well. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. And I will hold accountable anyone who does not listen to My words that the prophet speaks in My name

Without role modelling how can we know who the Prophet is? If it is Jesus how is Jesus like Moses? cool
Re: Jacob In The Bible Vs Jacob In The Qur'an (did The Qur'an Copy The Bible?) by SIRTee15: 8:43pm On Jun 10
AbuTwins:
Jacob from the Bible vs the Qur'an

The Biblical story portrays Jacob as a sissy!
Jacob and Rebecca his mother deceived Isaac, mother discriminated between her sons, Poor role models, Poor Parenting, deception, stealing, Extreme naivety

Jacob was over 40 years when he stole Esau's blessings, yet he seems to be a mummy's pet, weak and not having a mind of his own! He was even tricked by his father in law to marry Leah instead of Rachel. He then had to serve more years to marry later have Rachel his true love!

Finally the worldly concept of blessing that was stolen by Jacob!
All Blessings comes from God! Who can steal from God?
The Bible shows that the blessing meant for a creation can be stollen with deceit and mischief! The blessing in this case is similar to that of Prophethood!

Allah says in the Qur'an:
Verily, We have inspired you (O Muhammad SAW) as We inspired Nuh (Noah) and the Prophets after him; We (also) inspired Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and Al­Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], 'Iesa (Jesus), Ayub (Job), Yunus (Jonah), Harun (Aaron), and Sulaiman (Solomon), and to Dawud (David) We gave the Zabur (Psalms).

Allah refutes the claim that Jacob stole his brother's blessing from his father Prophet Isaac!
Allah chooses whoever He wills as His anointed Prophet and this choice can not be influenced by any mischief/evil ever!
Joseph did not steal this same blessing from his other brothers! Allah choose him as His Prophet from amongst them!

Jacob on the death Bed (Biblical Narration)

Jacob on the death Bed (Islamic Narration)

Did Jacob preached to his sons at his death bed to worship one God or foretold their future and prayed for them?

While the Bible can be see as largely ethnocentric and people-centric, the Qur'an is seen as Allah-centric!

Summary!
Jacob in the Bible is portrayed as being a sissy, a deceiver and a thief!
Jacob in the Qur'an is portrayed as a righteous Prophet and one devoted to God's worship!

Do you think the Qur'an copied the Bible in this regard?

I know you northerners have abandoned your traditions and history and embrace arabisation.
But let me ask U a question

If a Japanese man start writing the history of the Hausa which contradicted the one written by the Hausa themselves..
This Japanese man has never been to any Hausaland, he's never with any Hausa man, has no idea what Hausaland looks like but he insisted his own history of the Hausas is correct and the one the Hausas wrote about themselves is wrong.

Which would U believe? The Japanese one or the Hausa.
Who can write the history of a people better- a foreigner or the people themselves?
Re: Jacob In The Bible Vs Jacob In The Qur'an (did The Qur'an Copy The Bible?) by AbuTwins: 5:25am On Jun 11
SIRTee15:

I know you northerners have abandoned your traditions and history and embrace arabisation.
But let me ask U a question

If a Japanese man start writing the history of the Hausa which contradicted the one written by the Hausa themselves..
This Japanese man has never been to any Hausaland, he's never with any Hausa man, has no idea what Hausaland looks like but he insisted his own history of the Hausas is correct and the one the Hausas wrote about themselves is wrong.

Which would U believe? The Japanese one or the Hausa.
Who can write the history of a people better- a foreigner or the people themselves?

This is destructive generalisation! Some of our history in not only Nigeria but some parts of Africa have been written by the whites some of who lived amongst us. It doesn't work like that in all cases!

Just because Christianity has no culture inherited from Jesus's language and time doesn't mean we should forgo ours!

Islamic is a total way of life!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A New Song For A New Year / Stand To Stand Out / The Christian God Will Not Sanction The Contents Of This Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.