Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,859 members, 7,848,494 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic. (27530 Views)

Nigerian Community Donates Relief Materials For Turkey Earthquake Victims / What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic. by grommet: 4:24am On May 12
RodgersAkpafu:

even the ones "doing well" for themselves
na the same thing Gee.

I'll say only like 2 in 5 have their heads screwed in properly
B like say dis guy kno wetin dey sup
Re: Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic. by grommet: 4:29am On May 12
Focusmind:
Worse in Houston, especially, among my town union. Poknosing into people's private affairs, who is cheating and who is footing the bills. The cheating gossip is just too much, swirling like wild fires. Every town union meeting would be an opportunity to settle scores, with some going for physical fight with anyone that they believed must have [b][/b]gossiped against them. Then, those not wanting people to marry because of same gossip. It is the women sha. Me and my wife stayed in Houston for 4 months on a visit within our town's union circle but the gossips, back biting and jealousy we saw were much. But the good thing is that lots of people got their breakthroughs through their association with town union. You get certain privileged information, access to jobs and connections through the union. Just take the positives and throw away the dirts of association with your kith and kin abroad.

Honestly bro. Sometimes it can feel like you are tip toeing everytime. When you move away from that space, you feel a whole lot of load lifted from you. But like you said the good connections are there. It’s just a maze game - hard.
Re: Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic. by Carlylepneuma: 12:50pm On May 15
Nwaikpe:

Remember to squeeze the handkerchief you use to dry your tears, or else, it will smell.
it ur family members who will squeeze d handkerchief they use to dry their tears after they kpai u... Continue speaking incoherently...
Re: Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic. by Nwaikpe: 8:53pm On May 15
Carlylepneuma:
it ur family members who will squeeze d handkerchief they use to dry their tears after they kpai u... Continue speaking incoherently...

Muslims and the word "kpai", "kill", "slaughter", etc.

grin grin grin grin grin

allah has finished your brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Keke Napep Bursts Into Flames On Abuja Expressway / World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. / Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.