Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana (19150 Views)

Adamawa: INEC By Law, Cannot Nullify Already Announced Results - Senator Abbo / If El-rufai Is Not Arrested, Buhari Should Apologise To Nnamdi Kanu – Omokri / Nigerians Will Vote Individuals, Not Parties – CAN President, Daniel Okoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by yesloaded: 1:38pm On May 10
Greattha:
Granted....but the question is this; are you and I or every other Nigerian not customers to one if not these listed businesses?

Who do you suppose woud bear the brunt of the payment? The companies?

They'll push it down to the customer

If telecommunication companies charges this fees, it's fine because I don't see any individual subscriber spending 1m per month

0.5% on 10k per month is something that you can overlook

1 Like

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by EBEk101(m): 1:43pm On May 10
What tinubu is doing to Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by flyinnizam(m): 1:44pm On May 10
yewit37486:
Businesses will still pass it on to the consumers. Indirectly, individuals end up paying.
yeah just like those eatery in Lekki and V.I
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by cjudy(m): 1:44pm On May 10
yarimo:
most of them are kids with free bonus data to type rubbish
Someone like you

1 Like

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Benmob: 1:45pm On May 10
Rano was supporting d cybar 0.05 levy of cbn in one of his post in Facebook.
Omo see how many were attacking him including pple who are always supporting him in is Facebook page
That when I know that hunger no be anybody mate

2 Likes

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by fineboynl(m): 1:50pm On May 10
All this doesn't make any sense. If bank are to pay 0.5% for all transactions where do falana think the bank will cough out that money from? Is it not still the customers from deduction?

What is cyber security they are even talking about?. To fight people posting on social media or just to control the press? We know what their plans are. Banks already had security. Telecommunication already had security. So which security they are talking about? Is it the government that will provide cyber security for this companies?

There is evil and interior motives behind the levy

2 Likes

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by jayce232: 1:50pm On May 10
Melagros:
COMRADES, as long as this policy is meant to enrich the national security advertiser and co, I don't think that the central bank will reverse its decision
They have no choice in this!
Didn't u read the post?
Individuals are not included
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Amayabor1: 1:52pm On May 10
Trial and error government.

Policy summersault every now and then.

1 Like

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by jayce232: 1:54pm On May 10
Greattha:

Sides, the SAN saying this can't stop execution

It can!
If people are aware they are not required to pay this levy by law, it is going to be resisted. That is day light robbery. You can't force people to an illegal levy

1 Like

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Melagros(m): 1:54pm On May 10
jayce232:

They have no choice in this!
Didn't u read the post?
Individuals are not included
Well, let's see how it goes because I don't trust Nigerian government
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by jayce232: 1:56pm On May 10
yewit37486:
Businesses will still pass it on to the consumers.
Indirectly, individuals end up paying.
It is still going to be far cheaper than paying 5k on 1m transaction. That's robbery
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by jayce232: 1:56pm On May 10
yesloaded:

If telecommunication companies charges this fees, it's fine because I don't see any individual subscriber spending 1m per month

Exactly
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Verbtips(m): 2:00pm On May 10
Blossomcresty:
Exactly! Tinubu and it's cronies re just looking for ways to milk money out of the masses.

Even the 50k FG grant don turn audio ...
if you no get moni how you wan take go against fg
them wan turn every body to their puppet
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by JoeyNaza: 2:00pm On May 10
yarimo:
most of them are kids with free bonus data to type rubbish

But yarimo don't divert, why is your darling daddy's government fraudulent enough to bill individuals on charges meant only for businesses ?
Ehh na so e hold una for throat ? You guys better speak out before it gets serious
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Bone147: 2:08pm On May 10
Even if individuals will pay,na APC youths will pay it. Poor mental chickens
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Ezmans: 2:17pm On May 10
Reno omokiri is now Hiden his face

2 Likes

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by DavidEsq(m): 2:17pm On May 10
Zooposki:
Exactly what I said a few days ago and someone insulted me. πŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎ
Don't bother yourself about the insult. He's just another irredeemable f00lish illiterate

1 Like

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Adiola(f): 2:22pm On May 10
yesloaded:

it will increase as time goes on , just kill it now , Nigerian government likes taking advantage of everything bad
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by atiku4President(m): 2:22pm On May 10
Zooposki:
Most Nigerians are illiterates, so don't be too surprised by the abuse. An average Nigerian will throw stones at the person closest to him/her on hearing people shouting, 'Ole, Ole....' without asking questions.
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by HugoBoss10(m): 2:24pm On May 10
And if a poor widow in the village receives like 100k in her account they will tax her too
That's criminality taken too far tongue
In fact Dia fada there shocked

1 Like

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by ManOfSon: 2:25pm On May 10
Sorry for the insult. But I'm trying always to understand why Nigerians (like the itiboribo that issued that insult) find it hard to hold their opinions on issues they know nothing about? I can't think of any other group that gleefully advertises their ignorance and lack of education every day for the world to see. They have no shame. They're also the loudest and most uncouth doing this while their equally ignorant friends clap and celebrate them.

Zooposki:
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Diligence: 2:28pm On May 10
Criminal Silence to reap where they didn't sow. Not that they're willing to sow anything to be harvested in future!

Over taxations validate extortion & we know where the template is coming from - BATeria Lagos Criminal Legacy at motor parks!
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Imustjapa(m): 2:32pm On May 10
Aya mi pada wa gbowo wa gbomo
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by jmoore(m): 2:34pm On May 10
yesloaded:

When you don't shine your eyes, government will scam you.

Let me give you the real picture.
Electronic transactions in 2023 was 600 trillion naira.
0.5% of 600 trillion is 3 trillion.

The thieves are targeting trillions while you are focused on 0.5% of your 10,000 naira.
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by NAC1666: 2:37pm On May 10
Oilwell:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/09/individuals-not-required-law-pay-005-levy-central-bank-should-apologise-nigerians-falana
And those listed businesses will in turn collect the 0.05% or more indirectly from the citizens
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by onatisi(m): 2:38pm On May 10
it is one thing for agencies to know the law and it is another thing for this agencies to follow and abide by the law.

Oilwell:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/09/individuals-not-required-law-pay-005-levy-central-bank-should-apologise-nigerians-falana
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Splashme: 2:39pm On May 10
When a thief is your president
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by stallionng: 2:45pm On May 10
yewit37486:
Businesses will still pass it on to the consumers.
Indirectly, individuals end up paying.
Absolute truth
The bulk will be passed to the same masses at the end

1 Like

Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:48pm On May 10
If cybersecurity levy fail, emilokan will introduce another one. He has plan B.
He is not called jagaban for nothing.
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by mankan2k7(m): 2:54pm On May 10
CBN is a criminal. CBN is Yahoo Yahoo. EFCC should arrest them. They want to scam all of us.
Re: Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana by Kukutente23: 2:54pm On May 10
It is obvious that Tinubu's hyped ability to spot talents has turned out to be a mirage.

We have an attorney General and also a minister for finance. Yet, this kind of embarrassing misinterpretation was allowed to fly and even gain ground in the public domain.
It seems choice of attorney General is too influenced by politics given the very sensitive nature of that office. Look at Malami for example. I think it's time the idea of separating that role from that of minister of justice should be revisited.
If Falana is correct after all, Fagbemi certainly deserves a query for negligence of duty and incompetence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

β€ŽFINALLY!!!! APC Owns Up, Says, Our First Steps In Office Created Problems / Residents Flee As Herdsmen Sack Enugu Community, Kill Five, Others Missing. / Kabaka Says "Emillokan" Song Is A Song Of Victory (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.