Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,001 members, 7,852,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing (543 Views)

Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science / Is This The Best School Of Nursing And Midwifery In Nigeria? / Kaduna State College Of Nursing And Midwifery Form Is Out And Is FREE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by nikky5(m): 3:50am On May 10
My daughter needs your advice on this. What are the merits over your preference between the two considering the existing dichotomy between HND and B.Sc in Nigeria. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Tame26(f): 6:52am On May 10
Bsc nursing

1 Like

Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Lordsagna: 9:30am On May 10
Tame26:
Bsc nursing
HND in nursing is how many years? I have someone that didn't score up to 200 in jamb.
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Tame26(f): 10:09am On May 10
Lordsagna:

HND in nursing is how many years? I have someone that didn't score up to 200 in jamb.
tell him to re-write. I wish I had done that years ago, my friends are now RN and relocated to Canada USA and uk. It’s worth it if you can try, I won’t recommend HND in midwifery.
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Lordsagna: 10:13am On May 10
Tame26:
tell him to re-write. I wish I had done that years ago, my friends are now RN and relocated to Canada USA and uk. It’s worth it if you can try, I won’t recommend HND in midwifery.
Sir please what's the difference between nursing and midwifery or they're joined together just like electrical and electronic engineering, or nursing is different... midwifery is also different
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Lordsagna: 10:15am On May 10
Tame26:
She's Looking forward to Nigerian army college of nursing, I don't know if it's RN or just HND
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Tame26(f): 10:29am On May 10
Lordsagna:

She's Looking forward to Nigerian army college of nursing, I don't know if it's RN or just HND
Nigerian army college of nursing should offer hnd (not sure) only a university offers bsc and RN makes them registered nurses. In a nursing career, I will suggest a BSc

2 Likes

Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Tame26(f): 10:32am On May 10
Lordsagna:

Sir please what's the difference between nursing and midwifery or they're joined together just like electrical and electronic engineering, or nursing is different... midwifery is also different
I’m female, midwifery is a niche in nursing just like public health, mental health and co.

1 Like

Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Tame26(f): 10:33am On May 10
Lordsagna:

she can proceed with the HND nursing and mw, however, I will suggest you encourage her to get a bsc, it’s worth it in the long run
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Lordsagna: 11:00am On May 10
Tame26:
she can proceed with the HND nursing and mw, however, I will suggest you encourage her to get a bsc, it’s worth it in the long run
Thanks ma'am, thanks for the suggestion I'm really grateful
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Lordsagna: 11:05am On May 10
Tame26:
What's the 3years nursing program at a teaching hospitals?...is it also HND?
Sorry for the incessant questions
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by PlsBanMe: 3:38pm On May 10
Well, HND nursing is what you get when you graduate from Schools of nursing nowadays. BSc is the degree you get when you graduate from a university.

Both makes you a qualified nurse. Either both, you get to sit for the RN exam which makes you a nurse. The difference is that during employment, a Bsc Nursing "MAY" be placed higher than HND Nursing. Emphasis on "may". Also, should the graduate choose to go for masters degree, the one with Bsc will be able to directly do masters degree in Nigeria. Of course, some western countries allow you to do masters degree directly with HND.

All the very best to your daughter.

nikky5:
My daughter needs your advice on this. What are the merits over your preference between the two considering the existing dichotomy between HND and B.Sc in Nigeria. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by nikky5(m): 6:31pm On May 10
PlsBanMe:
Well, HND nursing is what you get when you graduate from Schools of nursing nowadays. BSc is the degree you get when you graduate from a university.

Both makes you a qualified nurse. Either both, you get to sit for the RN exam which makes you a nurse. The difference is that during employment, a Bsc Nursing "MAY" be placed higher than HND Nursing. Emphasis on "may". Also, should the graduate choose to go for masters degree, the one with Bsc will be able to directly do masters degree in Nigeria. Of course, some western countries allow you to do masters degree directly with HND.

I am very grateful. The Nigeria Army school of nursing awards HND. Thañks.

Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by Kewtt: 7:03pm On May 10
PlsBanMe:

How many years is hnd nursing
Re: HND Nursing And Midwifery Or B.sc Nursing by idahme(m): 10:07pm On May 10
Lordsagna:

What's the 3years nursing program at a teaching hospitals?...is it also HND?
Sorry for the incessant questions

Someone in the know answer this question

(1) (Reply)

Law Students Lets Meet Here. / To All 2009/2010 Student Of Ife (oau)! / Univversities In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.