Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,536 members, 7,843,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

EFCC Is Not In The Business Of Locking People Up. They Just Take The Money Back - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Is Not In The Business Of Locking People Up. They Just Take The Money Back (189 Views)

Remember My Warnings Yesterday They Just Beheaded This Man - Black Axee And Eiye / Outrage As Nigerian Woman Is Filmed Flogging A Child & Locking Him Up With Dogs / Why EFCC Is Prosecuting Naira Marley – Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Is Not In The Business Of Locking People Up. They Just Take The Money Back by diamond68: 8:06am On May 10
You know I kept pondering on why EFCC will arrest all these looters and keep them for a day or two or more and then eventually release them then it occurred to me that Nigeria does not have a well established and thriving penal institution like they do in the west. The white man has monetized locking people up. The white man loves to lock people up because this is a form of slavery where they get you to produce license plates for the state while in prison and they pay you 1 cent per hour. If you were not a prisoner and you produce that license plate you would have to be paid like 15 dollars per hour but now that you are a prisoner they only pay you 1 cent. So this established penal system in the west is organized slavery and generates a lot of money for them so they are always seeking for who to lock up. Here in Nigeria keeping a prisoner is a liability on the state so there is no incentive to want to keep you unless you are just one of these people who is a thorn on the government side like Gani fawehinmi then they will happily house you in prison.

And so the point is, the EFCC holds these looters against their will and calculate how much they steal and offer them a proposal. Return so so and so billion now or we would lock you up for many years. When the guys return the money then they are released. This is why it appears like the EFCC never punishes these looters but I believe they are not interested in locking people up. They just want you to return the money and then go home

Seun
Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Re: EFCC Is Not In The Business Of Locking People Up. They Just Take The Money Back by SadiqBabaSani: 8:19am On May 10
The courts in Nigeria make it very difficult to convict
Re: EFCC Is Not In The Business Of Locking People Up. They Just Take The Money Back by Omuuvwie(m): 8:37am On May 10
Efcc are thief too where is all the money they have been recovering since it's establishment ? Look at magu the former efcc boss he was also convicted for curruption, so to me those guys just collect money from currupt politicians to share among them self . They recovering money every day, yet the country is borrowing money every now and then.

(1) (Reply)

In Anambra, 2 Reverend Sisters Remanded Over Alleged Fraudulent Adoption, Others / Eid Mubarak: PDP Facilitates With Muslim Ummah / Robbers : Attack As 34 Dies In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.