Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,061 members, 7,845,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. (567 Views)

Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / Why Garri Is One Of The Mostly Consumed Staples In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by Bullfallo(m): 8:08am On May 10
Garri is the only stable food that requires power to be processed.

Fufu is much cheaper because it doesn’t require power. The cost of generator and it maintenance increases in 3 folds. Cost of diesel and fuel. Cost of gas, kerosene and firewood will shock you. Just too many to name a few. The cassava are transported in large numbers to and fro to processing plant. We shouldn’t act like we don’t know the cost of transporting and general inflation in the country. Frying of garri is labor intensive and burns alot of gas or firewood. The price of firewood now you will cry.

If other food stuffs like yam, rice, beans price increases. Then what would you expect from garri?
Re: Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by helinues: 8:17am On May 10
grin

Garri is expensive? We don lazy for farming for the country oo

1 Like

Re: Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by Malroux: 8:23am On May 10
helinues:
grin

Garri is expensive? We don lazy for farming for the country oo
I dey tell you. How I wish that all these jobless people can go into farming.
Re: Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by Emmabyte: 9:24am On May 10
Nigeria police contribute to high cost of food in Nigeria, after collecting bribe from them they will add it to the price of the goods. I think that is the only reason garri is expensive
Re: Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by AlhajiCSO: 11:41am On May 10
helinues:

The problem with you is you don't have an iota of shame , upon how you have been disgraced severally on this forum, you will still be thinking you are making sense

The screenshot below still not yours? Or how about your comments history.

Oya, so pe o ti lo
Fergie001 mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2
Rule 2
Re: Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by ProjectsCityNG: 3:07pm On May 10
Greed. Cassava is grass and doesn't require fertilizer 90% of times !
Re: Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by Nigerfine3: 7:07am On May 16
ProjectsCityNG:
Greed. Cassava is grass and doesn't require fertilizer 90% of times !
If only you know that each 🇧🇯 benin farm worker earns more than 1 million per annum .
Re: Why Garri Is Expensive And Price Increases. by ProjectsCityNG: 7:27am On May 16
Nigerfine3:

If only you know that each 🇧🇯 benin farm worker earns more than 1 million per annum .

I have farm workers. We pay them 270-350k per annum. I will never give Bajaj to anyone for any crap

(1) (Reply)

Start Oil Pressing Machine Business In Africa-a Booming Business / Farm Aid And Family Farmers Discuss A Different Vision Of Agriculture In Context / OBAX to establish $200m fertiliser plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.