Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,265 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

I Am 40 Years Today - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 40 Years Today (1359 Views)

40 Years Old, No Job, No Skill And Only Had SSCE / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Blind Couple Who Have Been Married For 40 Years Tell Their Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 40 Years Today by Xscape1993(m): 10:06pm On May 10
Happy birthday sir. More winning years ahead

1 Like

Re: I Am 40 Years Today by azpekuliar: 3:36am On May 11
Telltruth123:

Thank you very much sir, I really appreciate your input.

Well, congratulations and welcome to the club. You will discover there is a lot more life to be lived after 40. I am 41. I joined Nairaland with my first handle as a 25 year old circa 2007. How time flies.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 40 Years Today by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:30am On May 11
DAramis:

Congratulations ma'am. It is not easy to reach 4 score age wise.

You have really come along way and most importantly you had kids to show for your journey so far.

Though not close to your age, but life has also happened to most of us. Being responsible (ability to cater for my needs in my little way and little support other there) is only possible for me approximately 3 years ago. Before then, it was total struggle and brokeness. Not there yet, but now is better than the previous few decades of my life.

I still thank God for gift of life and good health over all of us. Hopefully, to get settled down with partner with positive outlook to future without being too materialistic.

40 is not 4 scores, please.
4 scores is 80years, because each score is 20 years.
So, 40years is just 2 scores.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 40 Years Today by StormpyBee: 5:35am On May 11
Telltruth123:

Firstly, I am a woman and a graduate of Accounting. I am married with children.
The goal I set for myself is to have my own business and stop salary work by the time I reach 40 years but I could not achieve it because of the following reasons:
1. Underemployment- my salary hardly cover transport and feeding despite my effort to get better job, it is just a little bit better.

2. Marriage Challenges: husband marring additional two wifes when we are still struggling in a rented apartment and me carrying the major expenses, the other wifes have left him, they couldn't endure. When I try to take a break at my parents house, my mummy would come out of the house and disgrace me Infront of the house, I had to go back and endure.

3 No parental Support - even before I got married what my parents were interested is my salary and immediately I got married,they left me with my faith.
4. Closest people I entrusted with the little money I saved doing business with them swindled my money I did not recover a penny .I had to start from scratch.
By the grace of God, I don't have any health challenges.

What I have learned are as follows:
1. Be close to GOD, HE is the director of the universe.
2. Trust no one, your parents can disappoint you, your partner can disappoint you, anybody close to you can disappoint you.

3. Immediately you start work, cultivate the habit of saving so that you will have something to fall back on, as a salary earner save before spending and learn the skill of business because the income is unlimited.

4. Don't do pass your self, nobody cares . don't give yourself unnecessary pressure.
5 Only you can make yourself happy.

I think with the little I have mentioned, I have been able to contribute something.
Thank you.

Congratulations Madam on your new age!

I like the fact that you said, no one cares, in reality, no one truly cares.

I am close to 39, and life has taught me lessons too.

1. Marriage can make or mar you.
2. Your employers don't really care about you, so think self first. I am happy I realised this three years ago, and have written some wrongs after 13 years of working.
3. You are on your own in this life, no one cares about you.
4. I also realised this late in life, I use to sing it but didn't realise the meaning " Tick says the clock, tick! tick!"
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by DAramis: 6:59am On May 11
ChybuzzDD:

40 is not 4 scores, please.
4 scores is 80years, because each score is 20 years.
So, 40years is just 2 scores.
Ohhh, Thanks for the correction bro.

Always taught it was 10 years per each score (biblical way of age calculation)

Duly noted.
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by pretydiva(f): 8:01am On May 11
Happy birthday birth mate. May 10th is also my birthday kiss. May God continue to strengthen and increase you. Of your increase shall be no end!

Welcome to the 4th floor wink
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by essentialone(m): 8:25am On May 11
pretydiva:
Happy birthday birth mate. May 10th is also my birthday kiss. May God continue to strengthen and increase you. Of your increase shall be no end!

Welcome to the 4th floor wink

Wow my dream, you didnt tell me it's your birthday.
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by bummyla(m): 8:26am On May 11
Congratulations! Happy Birthday!
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by Bongadu: 9:13am On May 11
Take HRT and thank me later
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by Yujiz(m): 9:14am On May 11
Happy birthday
Congratulations
Wullnp
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by pretydiva(f): 11:19am On May 11
essentialone:

Wow my dream, you didnt tell me it's your birthday.
Lol
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by Telltruth123: 11:32am On May 11
StormpyBee:

Congratulations Madam on your new age!

I like the fact that you said, no one cares, in reality, no one truly cares.

I am close to 39, and life has taught me lessons too.

1. Marriage can make or mar you.
2. Your employers don't really care about you, so think self first. I am happy I realised this three years ago, and have written some wrongs after 13 years of working.
3. You are on your own in this life, no one cares about you.
4. I also realised this late in life, I use to sing it but didn't realise the meaning " Tick says the clock, tick! tick!"
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by Telltruth123: 11:33am On May 11
azpekuliar:

Well, congratulations and welcome to the club. You will discover there is a lot more life to be lived after 40. I am 41. I joined Nairaland with my first handle as a 25 year old circa 2007. How time flies.
Thank you sir.
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by Telltruth123: 11:34am On May 11
DAramis:

Congratulations ma'am. It is not easy to reach 2 score age wise.

You have really come along way and most importantly you had kids to show for your journey so far.

Though not close to your age, but life has also happened to most of us. Being responsible (ability to cater for my needs in my little way and little support other there) is only possible for me approximately 3 years ago. Before then, it was total struggle and brokeness. Not there yet, but now is better than the previous few decades of my life.

I still thank God for gift of life and good health over all of us. Hopefully, to get settled down with partner with positive outlook to future without being too materialistic.
Thank you very much, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: I Am 40 Years Today by Telltruth123: 11:35am On May 11
Mryacks:

Had same dream as you to stop working @40. Irhough it was overtaking by other events. But we move....God got us.

Happy Birthday
Thank you very much.
Re: I Am 40 Years Today by essentialone(m): 12:30pm On May 11
pretydiva:

Lol

Give me location, I will come pick you up. You deserve a WOW experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Who Neglect Their Mothers Should Be Cursed / Absent Father: What Surname To Give A Child. / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.