Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? (1352 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sniffing My Niece's Pants / Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by Joan4427(f): 1:19am On May 08, 2009
Ten to twenty years ago, many would shout "YES! Women who wear trousers will go to hell!!"

But, now, at this present day and age, do you still think it's a sin for women to wear pants/ trousers/ slacks?

Just wondering. . .
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by Obinkita(m): 5:15am On May 19, 2020
Has always been a sin for women to wear men's clothing
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by Pavore9: 5:20am On May 19, 2020
Obinkita:

It is not a sin. At what point did trousers become male clothing?

I hope the attached images would be food for thought.

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by Oluromantic: 5:24am On May 19, 2020
These argument get K-leg
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by jidamsel43(m): 5:30am On May 19, 2020
It's not a sin as long as it covers your unclothedness and projects your modesty
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by DenreleDave(m): 5:59am On May 19, 2020
Joan4427:
Ten to twenty years ago, many would shout "YES! Women who wear trousers will go to hell!!"

But, now, at this present day and age, do you still think it's a sin for women to wear pants/ trousers/ slacks?

Just wondering. . .

Ah rili don't no wat to say but I feel there is freedom to do whatever u want so far u ain't hampering another person from doing his or her own.

Trouser looks good on women and men... Freedom pls
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by Lionessza6(f): 6:19am On May 19, 2020
If Europeans are your Gods then it is a sin wink. I dont know any African culture where men wore pants before colonisation,you can help me out if you do.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by bukatyne(f): 6:49am On May 19, 2020
I don't think 'a male not putting on women's clothing and vice versa' is a verse enough to get ladies to stop wearing trousers because same passage talks of mixed cropping, mixing materials and no balconies.

Some ladies decide not to wear trousers due to their denomination, conviction or divine instruction E. G. me.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by NobleAngell(f): 3:33pm On May 19, 2020
Obinkita:
Well, news flash: men wore robes in the olden days. So, your point is...?
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:54pm On May 19, 2020
Op, I believe you mean can a Christian woman wear trouser?

I will have to answer you from my book- The Devil's Mission, chapter 3- The Woman Question.

This chapters addressed the woman question like can a woman wear jewelries, trousers, perfume and all that but I will just answer the Op question. I hope it doesn't affect my soon to be released book Oluwa gbami

Can a Christian woman wear trouser?

Let me quote from the popular bible verse Deuteronomy 22:5 says a woman should not wear what pertains to man neither should a man wear what pertains to a woman. Whosoever does it is an abomination to the Lord. What God is saying is that if you are a woman, be feminine in your dressing and if you are a man, be masculine in your dressing. God placed that LAW because of the madness that is on the earth. Before the set of bobrisky and co, gender confusion has been existing, the world moves in circle.

Now the reason why most African churches were against women wearing trousers was because of the African culture, women don't wear trousers in Africa so they were brought up to attack any woman wearing trouser as it is seen as the westernized culture.

We have our own ways of dressing in Africa. The thing now is, we are dealing with a global world and righteousness is righteousness in Africa, in America, in Europe, in Asia, in the moon, in heaven and on earth no matter the skin color or geographical location. It's the same judgement.

The issue shouldn't be about a woman wearing trouser but modesty. In Scotland, men wear skirt, that's their culture. If the queen of England is to wear trouser, of course she won't wear a pencil trouser or trousers that will reaveal the shape of her butts, figures and vaginal. She will wear a decent, modest trouser. The same thing goes with women that represent nations at the United Nation, you will never find them wear camel toes and all kinds. They are all modestly dressed even in trousers.

So as a Christian lady, if you must buy jean trouser or any kind of trousers at all, buy the trousers that covers well not the one that will advertise your butts and all to the world. Buy the one that will bring you honor, dignity and glory.

I say again, it is not about trouser or whatever we wear but modesty. That is what God wants.

Get the book to read further...

Deborah Shile

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 19, 2020
Not that we are really considering this topic at all but can’t @“woman, do not wear any clothing that pertaineth to a man and vice versa” mean that a woman and man should not interchange clothing considering that a man’s cloth might have seminal fluid or traces of it, while a woman’s might have vaginal secretions? Does this not make more sense? . Ngozi should not wear Emeka’s trousers or shorts or boxers to avoid mixing body fluids and pregnancy for instance? Nobody else thinks this?
Well that is my straight interpretation of that passage.
Deuteronomy became a weapon used to bully/whip people into the right heaven-bound shapes cheesy.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by Darato: 4:56pm On May 19, 2020
Let our Nairaland prophets answer this one.
Lalasticlala Seun RoyalRoy front page please let's get every ones view on this controversial issue.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Pants (trousers/slacks)? by olawalepopoola: 5:55pm On May 19, 2020
Obinkita:
Cultural differences is important when making these assertion.
What of culture where women are allowed to wear trousers?

(1) (Reply)

What "Special Thing" Have You Done For Your Housemaid? / If You Can Grab Only 3 Things From Your Burning House, What Would They Be? / A Question To All Nairaland Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.