Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Help My Friend In This Dilemma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help My Friend In This Dilemma (218 Views)

Man Accuses IPOB/ESN Of Killing His Friend In Owerri (Photos) / Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage / What My Friend In The North Shehu Bello Just Sent Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Friend In This Dilemma by Cutezt(m): 12:01pm On May 10
Good day, fam.

So, I have a childhood friend (let's call him Dave) who stays in a different state from me. We've been close pals since we were kids, and as it happened, when he introduced his girlfriend, now baby mama (let's call her Jane), to me, she was someone I knew and was friends with a long time before she met him.

They've been living together for some time now with their 2-year-old child. My friend is someone who is very hardworking. He is not a graduate but is skilled as an engineer and is one of the best, if not the best, in his field in the state he resides in. He has 3 shops and many people working under him, has a car, a land which he intends to develop soon, and many more. I'll say he is doing well for his age.

A few days ago, Jane chatted me up and was crying. She explained that she read Dave's chat with a mutual childhood friend (let's call him Iyke) of ours who has been in China since 2017, and he is planning on traveling to China to hustle. Now, I don't have a problem with that, but the urgency and the situation surrounding the whole thing is not very comfortable.

First, Iyke went to China to study, he graduated sometime around 2020 or so and has been there since. Now, I am not very conversant with China's immigration laws, so I am not sure exactly if his stay there is still legal, as I stopped checking up on him after he graduated and suddenly stopped the usual video calls and chats we used to have while he was schooling. He suddenly stopped responding to me, and after months of trying, I simply deleted his number and faced my battles. Moreover, nobody is feeding anyone, as I am doing very well for myself too.

The issue now is that my friend doesn't have the complete funds for the trip. He has decided to sell his car and some of his properties to make the trip. He also said in the chat that he will also ask me for financial assistance, which I am not even ready to give for such a gamble, by the way. From their conversations, Jane says he plans on going there to be a taxi driver, and our mutual friend has been asking him to learn how to drive manual cars. Now, I am wondering of what use is driving a manual car in a developed country like China?

Secondly, Jane discovered she was carrying their second child just a few days ago and is worried about the whole thing. The urgency of the whole thing is what borders me, as they came to inspect his car yesterday, just to show how urgent he intends to make this trip.

As for the funds, Jane told me that every time Dave and Iyke talk on the phone, Iyke is always talking in millions, but when Dave asks him to borrow some funds for the trip, Iyke refuses, saying he doesn't have, which is suspicious to me. We all grew up together in the same community, at some point, in the same house, so our parents and all know our bond. Another thing is that Jane overheard Iyke telling Dave to go do some fake documents, and for me, that is a big red flag. Anything that doesn't concern legal travel, I don't think is worth risking. Dave is financially down right now as he has already spent quite a lot on some documentation and bills to facilitate the trip.

I am not exactly sure how this decision will plan out for him, and I really do not want my friend to make unnecessary risky mistakes that will cost him. He has worked too hard to get to where he is today.

Iyke has not been back home for years now, for only God knows why. So, I was just wondering, if everything was so good for him over there, he would have at least visited his parents and siblings even if it's just once. It's been 7 whole years, also, immediately he graduated from school, he stopped posting anything online, no pictures, no post, nothing, he just likes and passes.

Please, I need your suggestions, fam. Do you think I should talk to Dave about this, or should I just let him make his own decisions?
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by immortalcrown(m): 12:12pm On May 10
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by muyico(m): 1:13pm On May 10
Okay! Nigeria situation no reach urside?
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by helinues: 1:25pm On May 10
Let the wife confront her husband now. Abi which kind backdoor gossiping be this

3 Likes

Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by Cutezt(m): 1:40pm On May 10
helinues:
Let the wife confront her husband now. Abi which kind backdoor gossiping be this

The problem is, he is a no-nonsense kind of person, he does not listen to anybody, not even his parents. I am the only one he entertains when it comes to advice, and even at that, he only listens to what I have to say and goes back to make his own decisions considering everything I say to him, that is why she came to me.

Plus, we are quite close with her too.
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by kokoA(m): 1:46pm On May 10
Your guy wan go push drugs.
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by helinues: 1:54pm On May 10
Cutezt:

The problem is, he is a no-nonsense kind of person, he does not listen to anybody, not even his parents. I am the only one he entertains when it comes to advice, and even at that, he only listens to what I have to say and goes back to make his own decisions considering everything I say to him, that is why she came to me.

Plus, we are quite close with her too.

No now, what do you want NL's to do about this your stubborn friend of yours?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by NoToPile: 1:56pm On May 10
The wife has followed her instincts on this matter, she knows something is not right

But as you said he doesn't listen to anyone and won't even take advice from you he listens to nko?

Advice him as a friend that's all you can do, it's the lady I pity most.
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by Beautifulday: 1:59pm On May 10
Cutezt:
Good day, fam.

So, I have a childhood friend (let's call him Dave) who stays in a different state from me. We've been close pals since we were kids, and as it happened, when he introduced his girlfriend, now baby mama (let's call her Jane), to me, she was someone I knew and was friends with a long time before she met him.

They've been living together for some time now with their 2-year-old child. My friend is someone who is very hardworking. He is not a graduate but is skilled as an engineer and is one of the best, if not the best, in his field in the state he resides in. He has 3 shops and many people working under him, has a car, a land which he intends to develop soon, and many more. I'll say he is doing well for his age.

A few days ago, Jane chatted me up and was crying. She explained that she read Dave's chat with a mutual childhood friend (let's call him Iyke) of ours who has been in China since 2017, and he is planning on traveling to China to hustle. Now, I don't have a problem with that, but the urgency and the situation surrounding the whole thing is not very comfortable.

First, Iyke went to China to study, he graduated sometime around 2020 or so and has been there since. Now, I am not very conversant with China's immigration laws, so I am not sure exactly if his stay there is still legal, as I stopped checking up on him after he graduated and suddenly stopped the usual video calls and chats we used to have while he was schooling. He suddenly stopped responding to me, and after months of trying, I simply deleted his number and faced my battles. Moreover, nobody is feeding anyone, as I am doing very well for myself too.

The issue now is that my friend doesn't have the complete funds for the trip. He has decided to sell his car and some of his properties to make the trip. He also said in the chat that he will also ask me for financial assistance, which I am not even ready to give for such a gamble, by the way. From their conversations, Jane says he plans on going there to be a taxi driver, and our mutual friend has been asking him to learn how to drive manual cars. Now, I am wondering of what use is driving a manual car in a developed country like China?

Secondly, Jane discovered she was carrying their second child just a few days ago and is worried about the whole thing. The urgency of the whole thing is what borders me, as they came to inspect his car yesterday, just to show how urgent he intends to make this trip.

As for the funds, Jane told me that every time Dave and Iyke talk on the phone, Iyke is always talking in millions, but when Dave asks him to borrow some funds for the trip, Iyke refuses, saying he doesn't have, which is suspicious to me. We all grew up together in the same community, at some point, in the same house, so our parents and all know our bond. Another thing is that Jane overheard Iyke telling Dave to go do some fake documents, and for me, that is a big red flag. Anything that doesn't concern legal travel, I don't think is worth risking. Dave is financially down right now as he has already spent quite a lot on some documentation and bills to facilitate the trip.

I am not exactly sure how this decision will plan out for him, and I really do not want my friend to make unnecessary risky mistakes that will cost him. He has worked too hard to get to where he is today.

Iyke has not been back home for years now, for only God knows why. So, I was just wondering, if everything was so good for him over there, he would have at least visited his parents and siblings even if it's just once. It's been 7 whole years, also, immediately he graduated from school, he stopped posting anything online, no pictures, no post, nothing, he just likes and passes.

Please, I need your suggestions, fam. Do you think I should talk to Dave about this, or should I just let him make his own decisions?

😂😂😂😂

Make Dave no try am ooh.

Iyke no get work for china.
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by Cutezt(m): 2:02pm On May 10
helinues:

No now, what do you want NL's to do about this your stubborn friend of yours?

If you read the last sentence in my original post, I am sure you won't be asking this.
Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by helinues: 2:14pm On May 10
Cutezt:

If you read the last sentence in my original post, I am sure you won't be asking this.

The problem is, he is a no-nonsense kind of person, he does not listen to anybody, not even his parents. I am the only one he entertains when it comes to advice, and even at that, he only listens to what I have to say and goes back to make his own decisions considering everything I say to him

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend In This Dilemma by Cutezt(m): 2:58pm On May 10
helinues:

You know what Original post means?

(1) (Reply)

CAF Adopts Nigerian Name ‘ola’ For New Interclub Match Ball / Nothing Will Make Me Abandon Clamour For Better Nigeria — Obasanjo / JUST IN: Akpabio Resigns As Senate Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.