Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! (551 Views)

Mathematical Error In The Bible 3 / Mathematical Error In The Bible 2 / Mathematical Error In The Bible 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by 99thEnemy(m): 9:31pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

It is forbidden in the Bible and Qur'an!
Someone said the reason why you muslims don’t eat pork is that, after mohammed was buried, a pig exhumed his body and made a delicious meal out of it.

is this true? cool
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 9:33pm On May 10
99thEnemy:

Someone said the reason why you muslims don’t eat pork is that, after mohammed was buried, a pig exhumed his body and made a delicious meal out of it.

is this true? cool

Is that why we don't eat cats and dogs too?

That's a foolish assertion!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by 99thEnemy(m): 9:34pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

Is that why we don't eat cats and dogs too?

That's a foolish assertion!
Are you married?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 9:43pm On May 10
99thEnemy:

Are you married?

Yeah with kids.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by 99thEnemy(m): 9:51pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

Yeah with kids.
was your wife up to 10 years when you did?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 9:57pm On May 10
99thEnemy:

When you did what?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 9:58pm On May 10
99thEnemy:

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 9:59pm On May 10
99thEnemy:

is this true? cool
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 10:01pm On May 10
Steep:
No you show us where Abraham left his father after he died?
Don't tell me you are as dumb as pedophile Mohammad piss be on him and his worthless idol called Allah.
πŸ˜‚ 🀣 πŸ˜†
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by 99thEnemy(m): 10:21pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

When you did what?
When you started rearing her in your harem. cool
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 10:24pm On May 10
99thEnemy:

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜†
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 5:06am On May 11
99thEnemy:

Didn't your parents teach you not to ask such in public? We've got dysfunctional parenting everywhere this days!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by 99thEnemy(m): 6:51am On May 11
AbuTwins:

Didn't your parents teach you not to ask such in public? We've got dysfunctional parenting everywhere this days!
I wasn’t privileged to be trained using the almajiri system.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 7:12am On May 11
99thEnemy:

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜†
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 9:18am On May 11
99thEnemy:

Me too!

But have you researched you ancestors?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 10:16am On May 11
AbuTwins:

Me too!

U mean your ancestors? Well no need to stress yourself, if you don't we'll be obliged to tell you.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by 99thEnemy(m): 11:30am On May 11
AbuTwins:

Me too!

Yes.

Their descendants are currently in 2024.

I believe yours are in 1445AH which is identical in many aspects to 1445 AD.

cool
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Enemyofpeace: 11:39am On May 11
Rubbish! Na mathematics or calculations go take you go heaven?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Martinez39s(m): 11:41am On May 11
AbuTwins:
The calculation regarding the age of Terah when he fathered Abraham is done by comparing the ages and lifespans of the individuals mentioned in the genealogy provided in Genesis.

1. According to Genesis 11:26, Terah was 70 years old when he fathered Abraham, Nahor, and Haran.
2. In Genesis 11:32, it mentions that Terah lived to be 205 years old and then he died in Haran.
3. Genesis 12:4 states that Abraham was 75 years old when he departed from Haran.

By subtracting the age of Terah when he fathered Abraham (70) from the total years of Terah's life (205), we get 205 - 70 = 135 years. This would mean that Terah lived for 135 years after the birth of Abraham. However, since Abraham was 75 years old when he left Haran after Terah's death, it implies that Terah must have been at least 130 years old when he died (135 years after Abraham's birth), which is inconsistent with the information given in the genealogy. This discrepancy suggests a copyist error in the text.

Abraham should have been at least 135 years old when his father died but the Bible claimed he was 75 years!
lipsrsealed

How do we explain this mathematically?
Does the Bible explicitly state that Abraham lost his father before he left? You can leave a place without your parents dying.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Veecruz: 2:17pm On May 11
Enemyofpeace:
Rubbish! Na mathematics or calculations go take you go heaven?

Him no say hin dey go hell, so he jus dey find people wey go follow am go hell.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 2:25pm On May 11
Veecruz:

Him no say hin dey go hell, so he jus dey find people wey go follow am go hell.
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On May 11
AbuTwins:
β–  By subtracting the age of Terah when he fathered Abraham (70) from the total years of Terah's life (205), we get 205 - 70 = 135 years. This would mean that Terah lived for 135 years after the birth of Abraham. However, since Abraham was 75 years old when he left Haran after Terah's death, it implies that Terah must have been at least 130 years old when he died (135 years after Abraham's birth), which is inconsistent with the information given in the genealogy. This discrepancy suggests a copyist error in the text.
Abraham should have been at least 135 years old when his father died but the Bible claimed he was 75 years! How do we explain this mathematically?
I am afraid that instead, it is your mathematics that is in error here, and this since it is not based on the facts presented. undecided
4 So Abram left Haran just like the Lord said, and Lot went with him. Abram was 75 years old when he left Haran.
5 He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the slaves, and all the other things he had gotten in Haran. Then he and his group moved to the land of Canaan.
6 Abram traveled through the land as far as the town of Shechem and then to the big tree at Moreh. The Canaanites were living in the land at that time.
7 The Lord appeared[a] to Abram and said, β€œI will give this land to your descendants.” Abram built an altar to honor the Lord who appeared to him there.
8 Then he left that place and traveled to the mountains east of Bethel. He set up his tent there. Bethel was to the west, and Ai was to the east. Abram built another altar at that place to honor the Lord, and he worshiped the Lord there.
9 Then he moved on toward the Negev, stopping for a time at several places on the way. - Genesis 12 vs 4 - 9
The passage above does not state that Abraham left Haran after his father's death, so where do you get that additional claim of yours from? undecided
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 6:53pm On May 11
Martinez39s:
Does the Bible explicitly state that Abraham lost his father before he left? You can leave a place without your parents dying.

Yes, that's the context!

Genesis 11:31 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

Genesis 11:32 And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.

Genesis 12:1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

4 So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.

God commanded him to leave after his father died. He left Haran with Lot and their family just as their father had brought them to Haran!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 6:55pm On May 11
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that instead, it is your mathematics that is in error here, and this since it is not based on the facts presented. undecided
The passage above does not state that Abraham left Haran after his father's death, so where do you get that additional claim of yours from? undecided

grin

Yes, that's the context!

Genesis 11:31 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

Genesis 11:32 And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.

Genesis 12:1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

4 So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.

God commanded him to leave after his father died. He left Haran with Lot and their family just as their father had brought them to Haran!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Martinez39s(m): 6:59pm On May 11
AbuTwins:

Yes, that's the context!

Omo! You are right o. It doesn't surprise me given that the bible is a book of contradictions. grin cheesy
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On May 11
AbuTwins:
β–  grin Yes, that's the context! God commanded him to leave after his father died. He left Haran with Lot and their family just as their father had brought them to Haran!
Please stop at this point! There is no indication that God called Abraham out of Haran after the death of his father. undecided

Genesis 11 which focused more on the history and life of Terah wrapped up by stating that he died in Haran. Not that Abraham left him after he died in Haran. undecided
Genesis 12, however, begins with the story of Abraham with no suggestion that Abraham left Haran only after the death of his father. undecided
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 7:26pm On May 11
Martinez39s:
Omo! You are right o. It doesn't surprise me given that the bible is a book of contradictions. grin cheesy
When you choose to get confused, you blame it on The Word of God. That's the beginning of Frustration, which ultimately leads to Failure. And Death becomes your capstone.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 7:42pm On May 11
Kobojunkie:
Please stop at this point! There is no indication that God called Abraham out of Haran after the death of his father. undecided

Genesis 11 which focused more on the history and life of Terah wrapped up by stating that he died in Haran. Not that Abraham left him after he died in Haran. undecided
Genesis 12, however, begins with the story of Abraham with no suggestion that Abraham left Haran only after the death of his father. undecided

So some chapters were missing between Genesis Chapter 11 and 12?

grin

Lame excuse!

Terah brought Abram to Haran with Lot!
Terah died!
Abram left Haran with Lot!

That's the story you all deny just because the story doesn't add up!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 7:42pm On May 11
Martinez39s:

Thank you! cool
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On May 11
AbuTwins:
β–  So some chapters were missing between Genesis Chapter 11 and 12? grin Lame excuse!
β–  Terah brought Abram to Haran with Lot! Terah died! Abram left Haran with Lot! That's the story you all deny just because the story doesn't add up!
1. Said nothing of anything missing between 11 and 12, so where do you get that bullsheet reasoning from? undecided
31 Terah took his family and left Ur of Babylonia. They planned to travel to Canaan. Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot (Haran’s son), and his daughter-in-law Sarai (Abram’s wife). They traveled to the city of Haran and decided to stay there.
32 Terah lived to be 205 years old. He died in Haran. - Genesis 11 vs 21 - 32
Terah and his family were originally meant to end up in Canaan, but Terah decided to settle in Haran for good. And so, God called Abraham to leave and go on to Canaan which is what Genesis 12 says Abraham did at age 75. Simple! undecided

2. Again, the story in Genesis 11 tells of how Terah and his family moved to Haran and how Teran died in Haran. It says nothing of his family remaining in Haran with him nor of them leaving only after his death. undecided
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On May 12
Martinez39s:
Rubbish conclusion! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Un Warns Of Rise In Hiv Infections / Christianity And The End Time Prophecy / Have You Ever Received A Call From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.