Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,202 members, 7,845,965 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? (1306 Views)

Nord Unveils Its New Vehicle, Norda5 / New Vehicle Registration And Renewal Fees / Nigeria’s New Vehicle Sales Drops To Abysmal 10,000 Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by DrAkpamudehe: 11:00am On May 13
undecided

Democracy is a curse to Nigeria, and balablu worsened it all

1 Like

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by Gerrard59(m): 8:13pm On May 20
emmaodet:

ng, I will say it is a very hard decision.
Since you have a successful biz here, I will advise you stay while you plan how your wife and kids will be staying abroad while you go to see them regularly or you just buy a better passport and stay here with them but can easily be entering western countries easily.
Don't ever expose the secret of your biz to another person else they will float theirs later after gathering the necessary experience while your biz goes down.
It's hard running a biz in absentia or remotely Andi believe you don't want to relocate and start doing shitty jobs to survive when you are a king here.
It is better to be a dog in the city than a dead lion in the bush

If Seatrade is as rich as he is or claims to be, the bold cannot be possible. Besides, relocation must not be in the Western world. With money, Nambia and Ghana are attainable.

As for having someone manage the business, how do owners of enterprises in Nigeria where there are Chinese and Indian CEOs cope? Would Seatrade remain in the position forever? Who would generate newer and innovative ideas? Can the businesses not operate without his physical presence?

1 Like

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by Gerrard59(m): 8:28pm On May 20
Also, @Emmaodet: I am curious, what quality or octane value of fuel do exotic car owners use to power their cars in Nigeria? That is, these S-class, X6/7 and Lamborghini I see on Instagram, what kind of fuel dey power them?
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by Gerrard59(m): 8:32pm On May 20
nurey:

Remember to park it on the streets not your compound, so when it catches fire, you won't loose both car and roof

Ignorance. BYD cars are selling very fast and it is a dominant EV manufacturer. This was how our people, myself included, mocked Tecno and Huawei phones. Today, almost every Nigerian uses Tecno and Huawei is a major smartphone maker. Nothing we fit produce, na to dey curse people wey do something. Without the cheap Chinese phones and other products, the majority of Africans wouldn't have been able to access the Internet or use modern devices.

2 Likes

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by Gerrard59(m): 8:36pm On May 20
symbianDON:
Over 75% of Nigerians can't even afford tokunbo cars talk more of brand new ones. Tinubu do Nigerians long thing no be small!

Buhari*

Why do people keep absolving Buhari of his incompetence and atrocities? I am wary of them as it is likely they campaigned and voted for the feudalist in 2015 after he promised to phight kwarruption! At least, Tinubu's economic chiefs have acknowledged Buhari's incompetence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by Gerrard59(m): 8:39pm On May 20
nurey:

yes but not the cheap ones. Go and buy, did i stop you

Cheaper than Tesla and those who make more affordable cars are still Chinese.

Not like you can afford Tesla anyway. You would still comot money to buy a Chinese brand new car. I did the same with Tecno when my HTC One M8 was stolen after mocking Tecno.

1 Like

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by emmaodet: 8:48pm On May 20
Gerrard59:

If Seatrade is as rich as he is or claims to be, the bold cannot be possible. Besides, relocation must not be in the Western world. With money, Nambia and Ghana are attainable.

As for having someone manage the business, how do owners of enterprises in Nigeria where there are Chinese and Indian CEOs cope? Would Seatrade remain in the position forever? Who would generate newer and innovative ideas? Can the businesses not operate without his physical presence?

Well, I don't think there is anything special about Ghana tbh.
Have been running Ghana since 2009 up till 2020 and economically, they can't rub shoulders with Nigeria.
Namibia just there once in Windhoek and Walvis Bay. Nothing special bro.
About biz, I will advise him to get chartered accountants who are into enterprise valuation to value is company and get him like 2 buyers to acquire 45% stake in his biz and setup a good management to oversee the daily running of his biz while he can take a back seat and other stakeholders contribute in monitoring the board of directors and management.
Another option is to get a good manager tht can run the biz and give him a 25% stake in the biz.
That way, the person won't see himself like an employee rather a part of the company.
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by emmaodet: 8:51pm On May 20
Gerrard59:
Also, @Emmaodet: I am curious, what quality or octane value of fuel do exotic car owners use to power their cars in Nigeria? That is, these S-class, X6/7 and Lamborghini I see on Instagram, what kind of fuel dey power them?

Honestly I don't know much about the quality of fuel.
I am in the maritime sector and not oil and gas.
Ours is to deliver the necessary materials needed to drill by rigs.
I work with supply vessels and not oil tankers that will have such idea
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:55pm On May 20
SeaTrade:
If things don't change soon,
Nigerians will be so impoverished to the level of mass exodus.
I have never contemplated Japa,but I'm beginning to get open to the option.
The only hold back I have Is a replacement for myself or someone even smarter than me that understands my route to market like myself.
And another problem too is that I'd be exposing a lot of trade secrets to that person so much so that they can either let my competitors in on my secrets or try to throw me over.

I thought your master tinubu had everything under control grin grin grin. FYI, this year is the best of the tinubu presidency.
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by justiniyke29: 11:38pm On May 20
I dont think its possible anymore. Even someone who earns 1m monthly will struggle to get a toks car, last month i was looking for a car and thought i could get a toks honda accord evil spirit for 4-5m. Later had to settle for something else.
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by Gerrard59(m): 12:21am On May 21
emmaodet:

Well, I don't think there is anything special about Ghana tbh.
Have been running Ghana since 2009 up till 2020 and economically, they can't rub shoulders with Nigeria.
Namibia just there once in Windhoek and Walvis Bay. Nothing special bro.
About biz, I will advise him to get chartered accountants who are into enterprise valuation to value is company and get him like 2 buyers to acquire 45% stake in his biz and setup a good management to oversee the daily running of his biz while he can take a back seat and other stakeholders contribute in monitoring the board of directors and management.
Another option is to get a good manager tht can run the biz and give him a 25% stake in the biz.
That way, the person won't see himself like an employee rather a part of the company.

That is the best. Outside CEOs should have stakes in the business so they take it like theirs. Profit sharing etc. Deploy forensic accountants every quarter. As for those countries, shey he wants to live in a safe place where he can drive nice cars? Or maybe it is my ignorance about his need for japa is the reason I mentioned those countries. Seatrade would have to explain his need/reasons to japa before the names of countries are mentioned. As it is, apart from the US, I no see why I go comot from where I dey. I once thought about Singapore, but that place is too expensive for my pocket.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by Gerrard59(m): 12:22am On May 21
emmaodet:

Honestly I don't know much about the quality of fuel.
I am in the maritime sector and not oil and gas.
Ours is to deliver the necessary materials needed to drill by rigs.
I work with supply vessels and not oil tankers that will have such idea

OK. Just wanted to know the octane value because the kind of cars driven isn't tallying with the fuel quality I see sold in Nigeria. So, I wonder why such cars should be driven in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:17pm On May 21
emmaodet:
Brand new car kee?
When many using tokunbo are even sliding into Nigerian used grade.
I wanted to buy Honda cross tour for my wife last months and my budget was 7m.
Omoh....my mechanic and I was soteyyyy for Lagos, for where?
Tokunbo 11-14m and reasonable nija used 8m.
Most we saw for less than 8m are really substandard.
You will see them clean and shining on social media but when you go there with your mechanic, you will be disappointed.
7m is about 5,000 dollars and that money is more than enough to buy you a very very clean and sound second hand in UK or US if you reside there to use but here, it is an eye sore.
Most Toyota Camry 2009/10 sef are pricing 5m for nija used oooooo and you start wondering if they are really crazy.
A 14 years old nija used car and not brand new or tokunbo pricing 5m and above.
They have really messed up nija economy

Equivalent of 18 million naira will get you a 2024 mazda brand new here in Chile. Mazda CX3. Cars are too expensive in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by emmaodet: 10:08pm On May 21
tensazangetsu20:

Equivalent of 18 million naira will get you a 2024 mazda brand new here in Chile. Mazda CX3. Cars are too expensive in Nigeria.

Waooooo
2024 brand new car? For 18m?
Damn
Cars are too expensive in Nigeria.
I don't know why.
Maybe it is the tariff.
Cars are too expensive
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:25am On May 22
emmaodet:

Waooooo
2024 brand new car? For 18m?
Damn
Cars are too expensive in Nigeria.
I don't know why.
Maybe it is the tariff.
Cars are too expensive

Yeah and you dont even have to pay off at once. Payment plan is like 350k every month for 24 months. Someone earning equivalent of 1.3 million a month here will easily drive a brand new car. That land cruiser thats like 250 million in Nigeria is around 58 million here.

2 Likes

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by emmaodet: 8:15am On May 22
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah and you dont even have to pay off at once. Payment plan is like 350k every month for 24 months. Someone earning equivalent of 1.3 million a month here will easily drive a brand new car. That land cruiser thats like 250 million in Nigeria is around 58 million here.

Waooooooo
Waoooooooo
250m to 58m?
Someone is really reaping us out here. Everything is just damn expensive here.
I noticed this anomaly in flight fares when you can travel from London to Paris for 45k but Lagos to abuja is about 80-150k not to even mention Lagos to Accra which is about 400-500k one way
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:54pm On May 22
emmaodet:

Waooooooo
Waoooooooo
250m to 58m?
Someone is really reaping us out here. Everything is just damn expensive here.
I noticed this anomaly in flight fares when you can travel from London to Paris for 45k but Lagos to abuja is about 80-150k not to even mention Lagos to Accra which is about 400-500k one way

Flight ticket between cities here is 20 to 40 usd max lol. I rather use road Sha since Chile is a beautiful country and theres a lot of interesting things to see.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by sultaan(m): 11:33am On May 25
Cost of shipping to Nigeria is high due to the position we put ourself into.

With 100% import taxes, operating costs and profit that number rises up to about 9999% pf Nigerians
Re: Will 99% Of Nigerians Ever Ride A Brand New Vehicle Ever Again? by F117nighthawk: 1:52pm On May 25
Many nigerian just Carry Head na empty brain dey inside their head,this is the only country that it's people never learn any hard lessons from those that impoverish and put them into perpetual poverty because of religion, ethnicity and tribalism,their mumu never do

quote author=pafestula post=129886484]Thanks for this insightful thread.

The children of perdition won't cease to support the leaders who rendered their lives worthless, useless and subjected them into abject poverty and penury.

Next election they are under the sun again charging like solar panel, voting for their usual evil political party and screaming Batified with little or no achievements in their miserable life. [/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clearing At Tincan Lagos / The 17 Worst Cars You Can Buy / 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Your Tires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.