Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,866 members, 7,862,867 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Frustration Mounts In Agege As Abndoned Project Leaves Maplewood Estate Resident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frustration Mounts In Agege As Abndoned Project Leaves Maplewood Estate Resident (164 Views)

Tension Mounts In PDP As Crisis Worsens, Elders Weigh Options / Senate President Lawan Felicitates With Omo-Agege As He Celebrates 56th Birthday / APC Endorses Omo Agege As Deputy Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frustration Mounts In Agege As Abndoned Project Leaves Maplewood Estate Resident by barrAkinlade: 6:56pm On May 10
Maplewood Estate Residents Demand Solution to Three-Month Entrance Closure
...Frustration Mounts as Abandoned Project Leaves Main Entrance Shut, Residents Call for Urgent Action

For three months, residents and motorists in Maplewood Estate have been facing undue hardship due to the closure of the main entrance, resulting from an abandoned project, our reporter report.

The situation has sparked widespread frustration and concern, prompting the Residents Association Maplewood Estate (TRAME) to urge the estate's management executive, led by Barrister Oseni Kehinde Akerele, to take immediate action.

The closure has forced residents to use an alternative route, which is not only inconvenient but also poses safety risks for pedestrians and motorists. The lack of access to the estate has caused significant unease among residents, who are worried about their safety and the impact on their daily lives.

TRAME members are demanding a swift resolution to the issue, emphasizing the need for the management to prioritize the concerns of the community.
"We understand that projects can face delays, but leaving the main entrance closed for three months is unacceptable," said a TRAME member. "We urge the management to take immediate action to reopen the entrance and ensure the safety and well-being of all residents."

The situation has caused significant distress and inconvenience to residents and motorists alike, and the community is hopeful that the management will prioritize their concerns and work towards a speedy resolution.
As one resident noted, "We just want to be able to enter and exit our estate safely and conveniently. We hope the management will listen to our concerns and take prompt action."

A motorist resident of the estate said
"I'm fed up with the constant repairs to my car's tyre due to the deplorable state of the alternative route. Twice in a short span, I've had to fix my tyre because of the potholes and rough road conditions. It's not only inconvenient but also a financial burden. I urge the management to reopen the main entrance and fix the roads to avoid further damage to our vehicles."

Another resident added that
"The closure of the main entrance has made my morning commute to work a nightmare. The alternative route is not only longer but also in a terrible state. I'm exhausted from navigating through the potholes and uneven roads every day. I hope the management takes our concerns seriously and reopens the main entrance soon."

While a School Student said
"since March, we've been using this alternative route, and it's been a real struggle. The roads are bad, and it's hard to get to school on time. We're tired of dealing with the inconvenience and hope that the management will fix the main entrance soon. We just want a safe and easy way to get to school and back home."

"The closure of the main gate has been a disaster for my business. I sell goods right here, close to the gate, and since it closed, my patronage has dropped significantly. Fewer people are passing through. This used to be the busiest part of the estate, with people stopping by my shop on their way in and out. Now, it's like a ghost town. I've had to reduce my stock, but I hope the management reopens the gate soon so I can get back to business as usual." - A Mallam shop owner.

The management executive has yet to comment on the situation, but residents remain hopeful that a solution will be found soon. In the meantime, TRAME continues to advocate for the rights of residents, pushing for a swift resolution to the issue and a safer, more convenient living environment for all.

(1) (Reply)

So Lagos And Abuja Was Built With Niger Delta Oil Money? / ‘My Plan Was Tradeport, Not Airport’ -ex-abia Gov Ikpeazu Refutes N10bn Fraud Al / BREAKING: Gov Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.