Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,078 members, 7,842,088 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. (1335 Views)

Top 3 Tinubu's Ministers Who Are Best Fit For Their Portfolios? / President Tinubu's Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) / Intrigues As Nation Awaits Tinubu’s Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Kukutente23: 3:44pm On May 11
emkz:

In societies that understand the usefulness of data, people set up opinion polls to measure public mood. For example, in the UK, a cross-section of the population is assessed to give opinions about the government of the day and their policies. Through this, some members of the Conservative Party are already indicating they won't stand for the next elections as public perception is skewed against the Sunak government. Through these polls, Sunak's approval ratings have dropped to the lowest as they were when he resigned as Chancellor of the Exchequer.

The Adviser to the President on Policy coordination had set up a scheme for the public to send feedback on the ministers.

Because we need data, we can use the best means available on Nairaland to measure the perception of the ministers. There are 3.1 million nairaland members. That is a source for useful data.

You can suspend your hate for once and allow others make meaningful contributions. You can also set up your own assessment scheme you feel is best and share the link here so that we can vote.

It is quite disturbing that you always read suspicions to everything that is done here. Everything is not fight and to have a loud voice as the most vocal hater of those in power. It is also curious that you are quick to refer to others as minions or paid hands or pursuing some agenda. Perhaps, these are pointers that you probably have some personal unresolved issues. If you are asked to prove any of your accusations, you can't, but you keep at it.
I'm glad you mentioned Sunak's approval and not his ministers. The public have no business with assessing a minister they did not employ. That's diversionary and cheap populism.

If Ms Hadiza is now asking the public to do her job for her, then I suggest we should start by assessing her cause I remember Tinubu said clearly that her job is to assess ministers based on set target and milestones. If she has failed in her assignment, it is disingenuous to push it to the public. She should just resign!

Let me give you an example. The public perception against the minister for power is strongly negative based on mispeaks. While it is true that his ministry has performed poorly since he took office, his sector has been impacted more by the unavailability of gas which has affected power generation capacity. Meanwhile we have a state minister for gas who has been sleeping with both eyes close while the minister for power has been taking the flack. Also, cooking gas prices has soared by over 50% when same minister took office but no one is calling him out. So in the eyes of the public, the minister for power is a failure while the state minister for gas gets a pass.

The APC as a party has not been able to organise itself into a veritable, policy and administration vehicle of governance since it took power 9 years ago. It is not just about this administration. APC is far worse than its predecessor in terms of governance. They excel in political brinkmanship and gamesmanship than actual governance. Tell me one policy or concept that APC has birthed in its 9 years successfully. The social welfare that became its signature has been riddled with corruption and inefficiency. So it's not just about a bunch of men. It's about the driving principle of the party. The leaders in the party need to sit down and decide what is really important for them. Is it the retention of political power or governance for public good?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Eteka1(m): 3:45pm On May 11
emkz:
Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, Minister for the Federal Capital Territory.

Like to leave and share to stay.
Obidients carry any Wike matter for head like Gala. See as them rush press like, even when it's obvious that the man is doing well.
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Kukutente23: 3:49pm On May 11
Eteka1:
Obidients carry any Wike matter for head like Gala. See as them rush press like, even when it's obvious that the man is doing well.
Well, he only has himself to blame mixing local state politics with the job of a minister. It is only in Nigeria such anomalies are allowed to fester. A minister dragging with a governor over the control of the state. Only possible in a lawless society!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by emkz: 4:02pm On May 11
Kukutente23:

I'm glad you mentioned Sunak's approval and not his ministers. The public have no business with assessing a minister they did not employ. That's diversionary and cheap populism.

If Ms Hadiza is now asking the public to do her job for her, then I suggest we should start by assessing her cause I remember Tinubu said clearly that her job is to assess ministers based on set target and milestones. If she has failed in her assignment, it is disingenuous to push it to the public. She should just resign!

Let me give you an example. The public perception against the minister for power is strongly negative based on mispeaks. While it is true that his ministry has performed poorly since he took office, his sector has been impacted more by the unavailability of gas which has affected power generation capacity. Meanwhile we have a state minister for gas who has been sleeping with both eyes close while the minister for power has been taking the flack. Also, cooking gas prices has soared by over 50% when same minister took office but no one is calling him out. So in the eyes of the public, the minister for power is a failure while the state minister for gas gets a pass.

The APC as a party has not been able to organise itself into a veritable, policy and administration vehicle of governance since it took power 9 years ago. It is not just about this administration. APC is far worse than its predecessor in terms of governance. They excel in political brinkmanship and gamesmanship than actual governance. Tell me one policy or concept that APC has birthed in its 9 years successfully. The social welfare that became its signature has been riddled with corruption and inefficiency. So it's not just about a bunch of men. It's about the driving principle of the party. The leaders in the party need to sit down and decide what is really important for them. Is it the retention of political power or governance for public good?

If you read to comprehend, you'd see where I mentioned that Rishi Sunak was also assessed as Chancellor of the Exchequer. Look at the link below to see that Conservative MPs working as government officials are also assessed.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Kemi_Badenoch

You mentioned that Hadiza Bala Usman wants us to do her job for her. I think your comment on her is hateful and false. Data from the public is one of many metrics to use to assess the ministers. And there is nothing wrong if such data are gathered from various sources, including Twitter polls, nairaland, Facebook or dedicated websites.

Then you claim that one of the issues bedeviling the power sector is unavailability of gas. Are you even aware that the biggest problem is transmission? Are you aware that we can't wheel the whole gamut of what we generate? As for the gas issues you mentioned, I do not have any comments as I am not sufficiently informed on it.

Then your last paragraph is needless. Elections are over. It is myopic to continue to lament over what you cannot change. The current problems can be traced from the PDP days, and the people in PDP or APC or LP are the same Nigerians.

So if you have suggestions to help those there today, make them and see it gain traction.

We can all gather to condemn. Preferring solutions is when people's intellectual limitations become exposed.
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Kukutente23: 4:25pm On May 11
emkz:

If you read to comprehend, you'd see where I mentioned that Rishi Sunak was also assessed as Chancellor of the Exchequer. Look at the link below to see that Conservative MPs working as government officials are also assessed.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Kemi_Badenoch

You mentioned that Hadiza Bala Usman wants us to do her job for her. I think your comment on her is hateful and false. Data from the public is one of many metrics to use to assess the ministers. And there is nothing wrong if such data are gathered from various sources, including Twitter polls, nairaland, Facebook or dedicated websites.

Then you claim that one of the issues bedeviling the power sector is unavailability of gas. Are you even aware that the biggest problem is transmission? Are you aware that we can't wheel the whole gamut of what we generate? As for the gas issues you mentioned, I do not have any comments as I am not sufficiently informed on it.

Then your last paragraph is needless. Elections are over. It is myopic to continue to lament over what you cannot change. The current problems can be traced from the PDP days, and the people in PDP or APC or LP are the same Nigerians.

So if you have suggestions to help those there today, make them and see it gain traction.

We can all gather to condemn. Preferring solutions is when people's intellectual limitations become exposed.
The ministers in UK are elected officials. That's my point. The ministers in Nigeria are appointed by the president. For example, public opinion and even common sense will weigh heavily against Wike for his belligerence towards his successor in Rivers State. While this has nothing to do with his job as minister, it reflects poorly on the administration in terms of discipline that a serving minister will be a catalyst for heating up a state for personal reasons. I'm sure most of those voting for or against him are doing so based on which side of the coin they stand as it pertains to Rivers issue and not fct. Meanwhile, it is the president that he has to answer to for his actions in Rivers. It is the president that's looking away while he drags the administration into rivers politics. So those voting. Are they voting on the right issues as pertains the ministerial duty or politics?

I don't hate Hadiza. I don't have time to hate anyone. Opposition is not hatred. You need to remove the siege mentality that drives most APC apologists from you to get my point. The president gave the speech in public about what Hadiza's role will be in his administration. He clearly said she's to assess the ministers based on targets and indicators. So this public approval rating is way off the mark. It achieves next to nothing. It is not scientific nor methodical. It is simply a contest of bias and popularity.

The minister for power came out to give reasons for the collapse and the main culprit was refusal of gas companies to deliver gas to gencos due to outstanding debts in the region of $1.3bn. You're not aware of this but I'm sure you've also marked the minister for power as one of the failures while you might not look at the minister for gas in same breath. You just buttressed my point.

My point is not about elections. My point is about governance. APC does not seem to have a cogent driving principle which may inform why you're going to the public to ask how your ministers are doing. You should know based on your agenda who is pushing in the right direction and who isn't.

And your last paragraph is an apt description of APC and sums up their behaviour while in opposition and now in power.
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Eteka1(m): 4:40pm On May 11
Kukutente23:

Well, he only has himself to blame mixing local state politics with the job of a minister. It is only in Nigeria such anomalies are allowed to fester. A minister dragging with a governor over the control of the state. Only possible in a lawless society!!
You are saying what you know nothing about
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by snowball11(m): 6:13pm On May 11
emkz:
Abubakar Momoh, Minister of Niger Delta Affairs

Never knew this idiot is the Minister of Niger Delta! undecided

The idiotic idiot even has the gut to put an aboki in charge of the Niger Delta ministry! undecided

Bunch of retards! grin
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Inspirer1: 6:44pm On May 11
Putindbutt:
Nairaland is full of illiterates and half baked graduates, the fact that most of these ministers are not in the media making noise does not mean they are not working.
So what work are they doing that's not felt nor known to Nigerians.

You are free to name one Minister (and his 'works') whose number of 'likes' seems not fair except for Wike.
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by ottersberger(m): 7:06pm On May 11
youngrichnigga:
Is she still on suspension or sacked already, I don't trust this government as she might have been restated through the back door angry angry angry angry

This is why Nigeria will never come forward. Should this woman be suspended from office or fired and currently on trial for the crimes she committed?.
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by LandMann: 8:34pm On May 11
Tinubu is running the most bloated government in Nigeria since 1999. Most of those ministers don't even have portfolio. They were given minister and state minister positions to massage political egos.
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by emkz: 11:45pm On May 11
Thank you to Nairalanders who voted. Even though we are not in government, our opinion counts and can go a long way in shaping public perception of policies and performances.

Based on the results collated as at the time of posting, the following are the observations. The scores in percentage based on your votes are the approval ratings for the ministers.

1. Hanatu Musawa, Minister for Arts, Culture and Creative Economy: 13.5%

2. Doris Uzoka Anite, Minister for Industry, Trade and Investment: 48.83%

3. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, Minister for the FCT: 47.72%

4. Lola Ade-John, Minister for Tourism: 10.63%

5. Uche Nnaji, Minister for Innovation, Science and Technology: 10.42%

6. Uju Kennedy Ohanenye: Minister for Women Affairs: 50%

7. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister for Defence: 10%

8. Bello Matawalle, State Minister of Defence: 11.6%

9. Gboyega Oyetola, Minister for Marine and Blue Economy: 6.9%

10. Bosun Tijani, Minister for Communications and Digital Economy: 14.29%

11. Professor Joseph Terlymun Utsev, Minister for Water Resources and Sanitation: 3.77%

12. Professor Tahir Mamman, Minister for Education: 17.3%

13. Dave Umahi, Minister for Works: 77.46%

14. Abubakar Momoh, Minister for Niger Delta Affairs: 8.7%

15. Prince Shaibu Abubakar Audu, Minister for Steel Development: 15.5%

16. Heineken Lokpobiri, State Minister for Petroleum: 12.77%

17. Ekperikpe Ekpo, State Minister for Gas Resources: 9.76%

18. Lateef Fagbemi, Attorney General and Minister for Justice: 46.34%

19. Jamilia Bio Ibrahim, Minister for Youth Affairs: 17.95%

20. Ayodele Olawande Wisdom, State Minister for Youth: 17.95%

21. Ibrahim Geidam, Minister for Police Affairs: 10.26%

22. Imaan Suleiman-Ibrahim, State Minister for Police Affairs: 8.82%

23. John Enoh, Minister for Sports: 25.71%

24. Dr Mariya Mahmoud, State Minister for the FCT: 29.4%

25. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, Minister for the Interior: 84.91%

26. Olawale Edun, Minister for Finance: 58.54%

27. Abubakar Kyari, Minister for Agriculture: 34%

28. Dr Betta Edu, Minister for Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation: 7.69%

29. Professor Ali Pate, Minister for Health and Social Welfare: 37.5%

30. Dr Tunji Alausa, State Minister for Health and Social Welfare: 22.72%

31. Atiku Bagudu, Minister for Budget and National Planning: 20.73%

32. Ishaq Salako, State Minister for Environment and Ecology: 20%

33. Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Minister for Environment and Ecology: 16.6%

34. Ahmed Musa Daginwa, Minister for Housing and Urban Development: 10%

35. Abdullahi Tijjani Gwarzo, State Minister for Housing and Urban Development: 10%

36. Mohammed Idris Malagi, Minister for Information: 40.9%

37. Nkiruka Onyejeocha, State Minister for Labour: 52.63%

38. Yusuf Tuggar, Minister for Foreign Affairs: 61.9%

39. Bayo Adelabu, Minister for Power: 25.71%

40. Dele Alake, Minister for Mines: 64%

41. Sa'idu Alkali, Minister for Transportation: 38.8%

42. Bello Mohammed Goronyo, State Minister for Water Resources and Sanitation: 17.65%

43. Zephaniah Bitrus Jisalo, Minister for Special Duties:

44. Yusuf Sununu, State Minister for Education: 11.76%

45. Festus Keyamo, Minister for Aviation and Aerospace Development: 73.3%

46. Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser: 64.29%

47. George Akume, Secretary to the Government of tye Federation: 62.5%

48. Kashim Shettima, Vice President: 50%

49. Bola Tinubu, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Minister for Petroleum: 46.15%

These results were compiled based on votes recorded as as 12.25am Nigerian time. The results may change as more votes come in. I will check and update it everyday to reflect changes.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by asiwaju60: 12:11am On May 12
snowball11:

Never knew this idiot is the Minister of Niger Delta! undecided

The idiotic idiot even has the gut to put an aboki in charge of the Niger Delta ministry! undecided

Bunch of retards! grin
He's from Edo State
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by WeddingParol: 5:07am On May 12
I thought some people said that Tinubu's cabinet majorly consist of Yoruba people?

There are more northerners in the cabinet than the the south westerners.
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Energist: 6:00am On May 12
If you are seeing some names here for the first time. Like this post cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by justified007: 6:17am On May 12
Most of the Ibos in the cabinet got high ratings from their kinsmen even when majority of the SE claimed to be Obidients but they still manage to put ethnicity into practice. The same SE goons gang up to rate Wike low .

Minister Tunji -ojo , hmmmm. I will not talk but we know what is happening o
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by Yankee101: 7:05am On May 12
Lol
The poll says almost all the ministers should go including Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by TheRareGem1(f): 9:29am On May 15
emkz:
Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, Minister of the Interior.

A poster boi of PBAT administration for a reason. 💐
Re: Nairaland Poll On Tinubu's Ministers. by LadyRosa(f): 10:08am On May 15
justified007:
Most of the Ibos in the cabinet got high ratings from their kinsmen even when majority of the SE claimed to be Obidients but they still manage to put ethnicity into practice. The same SE goons gang up to rate Wike low .

Minister Tunji -ojo , hmmmm. I will not talk but we know what is happening o

Are you trying to say there are more igbos on nairaland than yorubas and hausas?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Truth Is Out There / The New Republic Of Nok / The North Is Cheating Us - Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.